ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets discussing Lin for Melo?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets discussing Lin for Melo? 

Post#41 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:09 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:I don't want anymore late rd picks... lotto or top 20....

plus, what's the point? cap space for what, isn't Lin up after this year?

If we buyout Melo, does that put a hold on our cap for the next few years?

if you can turn Lin and our cap space into Ferguson you do that 10 times out of 10
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#42 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:I don't want anymore late rd picks... lotto or top 20....

plus, what's the point? cap space for what, isn't Lin up after this year?

If we buyout Melo, does that put a hold on our cap for the next few years?

if you can turn Lin and our cap space into Ferguson you do that 10 times out of 10

Going hard for Ferguson?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#43 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Lin isn't getting us Ferguson or a late 1st until the trade deadline AT BEST. Dude is coming off a devastating injury. He has no value as a player until he proves he can stay healthy and that he's near his peak level. Until then, he's just an expiring.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#44 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:44 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Lin isn't getting us Ferguson or a late 1st until the trade deadline AT BEST. Dude is coming off a devastating injury. He has no value as a player until he proves he can stay healthy and that he's near his peak level. Until then, he's just an expiring.

its not lin that would get us furgeson... it would be the 10ish million in cap space and 18-20 million in real dollars when you factor in the tax that would get us furgeson

Lin would be bought out just like melo
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#45 » by Vae Victus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:18 am

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Lin isn't getting us Ferguson or a late 1st until the trade deadline AT BEST. Dude is coming off a devastating injury. He has no value as a player until he proves he can stay healthy and that he's near his peak level. Until then, he's just an expiring.

its not lin that would get us furgeson... it would be the 10ish million in cap space and 18-20 million in real dollars when you factor in the tax that would get us furgeson

Prok, whats the trade that sends TFerg to BRK, that doesnt cost BRK any assets (IE picks)?

You're saying it as if it's some simple thing as sending out a coupla expirings, but i dont see any reason other teams want to tango unless they're getting something for their trouble.

Also where is this notion that Nets have 8-10mil in cap space coming from?

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=18226266745b47fda51f9fd989142762

Joe Harris was signed for the non tax MLE, but even taking out his salary the Nets are still capped out.

So where's the Nets capspace that allows em to eat more salary than they need to send out.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#46 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 am

Vae Victus wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Prok, whats the trade that sends TFerg to BRK, that doesnt cost BRK any assets (IE picks)?

You're saying it as if it's some simple thing as sending out a coupla expirings, but i dont see any reason other teams want to tango unless they're getting something for their trouble.

Also where is this notion that Nets have 8-10mil in cap space coming from?

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=18226266745b47fda51f9fd989142762

Joe Harris was signed for the non tax MLE, but even taking out his salary the Nets are still capped out.

So where's the Nets capspace that allows em to eat more salary than they need to send out.

Harris will be signed using early-bird rights. He hasn't been signed yet & only has a $1.5mil hold. Davis is going to be signed with the room exception. Neither will be signed until all cap space is used. Renounce the $12mil in exceptions they have listed (non-tax payer & bi-annual), subtract Davis's $4.4 & about $6.1 from Harris. That more or less gets you to real cap space. There are some small guarantees for summer league ($50k I believe) & a 2-way Qualifying offer for Doyle as well. Kuruc's $1.6mil has to come out of cap space as well.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#47 » by Vae Victus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Harris will be signed using early-bird rights. He hasn't been signed yet & only has a $1.5mil hold. Davis is going to be signed with the room exception. Neither will be signed until all cap space is used. Renounce the $12mil in exceptions they have listed (non-tax payer & bi-annual), subtract Davis's $4.4 & about $6.1 from Harris. That more or less gets you to real cap space. There are some small guarantees for summer league ($50k I believe) & a 2-way Qualifying offer for Doyle as well. Kuruc's $1.6mil has to come out of cap space as well.

Odd, why do the Nets have have the exceptions on the starting ledger when they're under the cap. When i was playing around with the Laker payroll using Capulator the only exception they had available was room, which didnt count on the cap, and all teams that are under the cap get.

Ok i see, so Joe Harris has a 1.5mil cap hold that will count and his new salary wont take effect until when?

With the Lakers we're probably doing smoethign similar with Lance Stephenson, he's signed with the Room Exception, so we still ahve around 5.6mil, maybe a bit less, after signing our 2nd round picks.

So when do teams have to finalize their cap space signings? When's the deadline i wonder.

Hmm... i never realized the Nets had THAT much capspace, due to me not taking away those exceptions. Still, gotta do that DHo trade/buyout 100/100 times, 8-9 mil cap space right now might just be enough to snooker a decent asset or young player from a way over cap team.

Return to Brooklyn Nets