ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Trade Whitehead To Denver For Faried, Arthur, 2019 First (Top 12 Protected), Future Second

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

brook
Senior
And1: 115

Re: Nets Trade Whitehead To Denver For Faried, Arthur, 2019 First (Top 12 Protected), Future Second 

Post#181 » by brook » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:29 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:FYI, pick is permanently top 12 protected.

Isn't unprotected in 2020?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Re: Nets Trade Whitehead To Denver For Faried, Arthur, 2019 First (Top 12 Protected), Future Second 

Post#182 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:39 pm

brook wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:FYI, pick is permanently top 12 protected.

Isn't unprotected in 2020?

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#183 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Nuggets also signed isiah thomas... odds of that pick converying just got better

they seemingly have a decent team... IT is perfect for the 6th man role. But I can't see them getting over the #6-7 seed -- Houston, GS, Lakers, Pelicans, Utah, OKC..... they might be on par with Portland, Minny, Clippers

they dont need to be a 6th seed. if they make the playoffs, we get their pick.

Thomas/Murray/Milsap/Jokic... alot of talent
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#184 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I highly doubt Anthony Davis gets traded to the Nets on draft night.

Most likely, we package both picks to move up to draft a top prospect and will go from there.

I know its fun to dream big but in reality, we will probably build through the draft and most likely use the cap space to absorb salary for future picks.

You can quote me on this.

if there is a trade for davis, marks 100% makes that trade, then goes after butler, klay, kyrie, etc....
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#185 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:59 pm

the pick is confirmed top 12 protected through 2022, if it hasnt converyed by then we get their second round pck
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,550

Post#186 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I highly doubt Anthony Davis gets traded to the Nets on draft night.

Most likely, we package both picks to move up to draft a top prospect and will go from there.

I know its fun to dream big but in reality, we will probably build through the draft and most likely use the cap space to absorb salary for future picks.

if there is a trade for davis, marks 100% makes that trade, then goes after butler, klay, kyrie, etc....

There won't be a trade for Anthony Davis. Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving are not coming to the Nets.

Every year its the same damn thing. X player is rumored to leave X team. Net fans concoct ridiculous trade scenarios and believe they have a chance to get X player on the Nets. Or they believe that they can sign the player outright coming off of another sub .500 season.

What always ends up happening?

X player either ends up staying on X team, or goes to team Y who has more prestige as a franchise or better pieces in place. Nets fans wallow in despair.

stop doing this to yourselves. This is the same stuff that I heard the summer that Lebron and Durant were free agents. Oh yeah we need to keep two max cap slots open so that we can sign Lebron and Durant. What happened? Lebron didn't even look our way, and Kevin Durant actually refused to take a meeting with the Nets despite the fact that his own agent asked him to.

Also....Marks isn't about to do what Billy King did. He's not going to trade the farm for a superstar on an expiring deal just to leave himself hanging by a thread to appease said superstar the following year. You guys literally want to repeat what the last GM did. It's madness.

The Nets will do their due diligence, but I predict the end result will be acquiring assets by using cap space and we'll build this team through the draft.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#187 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

There won't be a trade for Anthony Davis. Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving are not coming to the Nets.

Every year its the same damn thing. X player is rumored to leave X team. Net fans concoct ridiculous trade scenarios and believe they have a chance to get X player on the Nets. Or they believe that they can sign the player outright coming off of another sub .500 season.

Only every year isnt the same. last year we didnt have:

-2 first round picks
-2 max slots of cap room
-several mid to large expiring contracts
-several young players as trade assets

last few years we didnt have the ammo to trade for a first all-star to then help attrack other allstar with max cap room. that opportunity wasnt there.

if we trade for davis, a second and maybe third star is a lock. stars would lineup to play with AD in new york
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,550

Post#188 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Only every year isnt the same. last year we didnt have:

-2 first round picks
-2 max slots of cap room
-several mid to large expiring contracts
-several young players as trade assets

last few years we didnt have the ammo to trade for a first all-star to then help attrack other allstar with max cap room. that opportunity wasnt there.

if we trade for davis, a second and maybe third star is a lock. stars would lineup to play with AD in new york

Eh, more than likely NO is going to wait til they don't have any leverage(read: When Davis becomes an expiring contract) and Davis will be traded to a team that he chooses...just like Leonard will be.

Unless Anthony Davis wants to be traded to the Nets, thats the only way that is happening.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#189 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Nuggets also signed isiah thomas... odds of that pick converying just got better

they seemingly have a decent team... IT is perfect for the 6th man role. But I can't see them getting over the #6-7 seed -- Houston, GS, Lakers, Pelicans, Utah, OKC..... they might be on par with Portland, Minny, Clippers

they dont need to be a 6th seed. if they make the playoffs, we get their pick.

Thomas/Murray/Milsap/Jokic... alot of talent

oh I know, but I'm speculating they won't be THAT good, meaning not only we get their pick, but it will be better. Like the 16th pick in the draft instead of the 25th.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#190 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Prokorov wrote:the pick is confirmed top 12 protected through 2022, if it hasnt converyed by then we get their second round pck

So the tweet I read from Keith Smith is inaccurate?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Post#191 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:the pick is confirmed top 12 protected through 2022, if it hasnt converyed by then we get their second round pck

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
brook
Senior

Re: RE: Re: Nets Trade Whitehead To Denver For Faried, Arthur, 2019 First (Top 12 Protected), Future Second 

Post#192 » by brook » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:17 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed
I ask to Smith about this on twitter

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk
94Nuggets
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#193 » by 94Nuggets » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 pm

steady wrote:
-soul fist- wrote:I think Lin wanted a chance at being a main contributor on a team which he wouldn't get from many other teams. I think the Nets sold him on that. so it wasn't a bad decision on his part to try the Nets. If Lin never got hurt in his first year, I think he was on his way to having his best year.

I think he wanted to be an integral part of an organization - to not be treated just as a hired hand .. journeyman.
And even though he was injured for too much of the time, he did get a chance to be that here because of his relationship with Kenny.

I think he came here, because he was promised to be featured, and he was. The organization held their end of the bargain. I'm sure Brooklyn was trying to create a treadmill team until they got their picks back, with the small potential of Linsanity, thus the 3rd year player option. Linsanity happens, Brooklyn's in business. Linsanity didn't happen, time to develop. Small gamble that ended up costing the Brooklyn Nets a 2025 second rounder and a pick swap in 2023, and the trade-kicker difference. The Nets did get a 2016 2nd round draft pick, even though Lin, post injury, might be worse than Raymond Felton. If I'm Lin, I'm excited for the dude. If healthy, and if his speed hasn't fallen off a cliff, which is a high probability, Lin played well with Kemba Walker, as a SG. Trae Young might extend Jeremy's career, if he moves to SG exclusively. Dude gets injured on his drives. Like Bo Jackson (only in terms of injury), Lin's body can't handle his speed. Bo Jackson's career ending injury was on the football field. It didn't come from a defender tackling him. No impact, he was just going too fast for his body, and snap.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#194 » by steady » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:19 pm

94Nuggets wrote:
steady wrote:
-soul fist- wrote:I think Lin wanted a chance at being a main contributor on a team which he wouldn't get from many other teams. I think the Nets sold him on that. so it wasn't a bad decision on his part to try the Nets. If Lin never got hurt in his first year, I think he was on his way to having his best year.

I think he wanted to be an integral part of an organization - to not be treated just as a hired hand .. journeyman.
And even though he was injured for too much of the time, he did get a chance to be that here because of his relationship with Kenny.

I think he came here, because he was promised to be featured, and he was. The organization held their end of the bargain. I'm sure Brooklyn was trying to create a treadmill team until they got their picks back, with the small potential of Linsanity, thus the 3rd year player option. Linsanity happens, Brooklyn's in business. Linsanity didn't happen, time to develop. Small gamble that ended up costing the Brooklyn Nets a 2025 second rounder and a pick swap in 2023, and the trade-kicker difference. The Nets did get a 2016 2nd round draft pick, even though Lin, post injury, might be worse than Raymond Felton. If I'm Lin, I'm excited for the dude. If healthy, and if his speed hasn't fallen off a cliff, which is a high probability, Lin played well with Kemba Walker, as a SG. Trae Young might extend Jeremy's career, if he moves to SG exclusively. Dude gets injured on his drives. Like Bo Jackson (only in terms of injury), Lin's body can't handle his speed. Bo Jackson's career ending injury was on the football field. It didn't come from a defender tackling him. No impact, he was just going too fast for his body, and snap.

Pooch said it well in a tweet. Lin wanted to make BKN home and it was unfortunate that it didn’t work out because he was very well liked here.

it’s not about Nets failing to live up to their end of a bargain. But I don’t think it was ever Lins plan to leave after two years of headlining a young and bad team and racking up empty stats as a featured player.

He had earned a lot of respect after his year in Charlotte. He came for Kenny, to build something together with him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2672061-linsanity-a-memory-nets-offering-second-act-for-jeremy-lin-and-kenny-atkinson.amp.html

But — like you said — the reality was that what happened this week was always the more likely outcome.

And he got injured and ran out of runway to prove himself
brook
Senior

Post#195 » by brook » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:08 pm

The Denver pick is 1-12 protected until 2024, then become two second rounders, according to Keith Smith

TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,701

Post#196 » by TinmanZBoy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:26 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:
Vae Victus wrote:Marks is a **** savage.

High odds he just snaked himself a #13/14 pick. West is a **** brutal bloodbath, where healthy MEM will reassert itself and LAC has a darkhorse chance to surprise.

I wish... Lin never got hurt and coulda been part of something special that Marks will create. Marks has basically solidified in my mind to being a top 5 GM, already.

I'm so sad now :(

From day one, I did not think the Nets was jeremy’s Best fit...but Lin has his own goal, which is still trying to prove himself and his worth... IMHO, he approached the whole thing the wrong way... injured or not, the nets are going nowhere, a bunch of nice young dudes will not cut it ... talents win in this league... I hope he will think deep about where he is heading... really should have tried to fit in a winning team... contribute as much as he could, at least making his career more meaningful... think back, his career as a nets is the worst of all.

Na, he wanted to reestablish himself as a legit starter in this league, it's really just too bad he was injured. Pretty sure he has grown a lot these two years mentally (and physically if his knee heals and the kinesology thing works out well). Now, he just need to try to get back to health and go from there.

what does it mean to be a starter of the worst team in NBA? It is like he himself bought into the starter/bench narrative... if you are a good impactful player, you are a good impactful player, starting or not... he wasn't/isn't young to match the Nets rebuild timeline... from day one, he was a stop gap starter....even if he has been healthy, balling out, he would still be considered as a starter in a bad team, meaning a borderline starter...
be in a winning situation, play some meaningful games, keep improving your skills and game....once your chance is there, establish yourself as a solid starter in a winning team... that's the mindset he should have had...
another disappointing thing is his skill level basically is still the same as his second year in the league...he is still heavily relying his speed and body strength....his shooting is still hit and miss, no floater at all, two skills he said he had worked on every summer....
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#197 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
TinmanZBoy wrote:
From day one, I did not think the Nets was jeremy’s Best fit...but Lin has his own goal, which is still trying to prove himself and his worth... IMHO, he approached the whole thing the wrong way... injured or not, the nets are going nowhere, a bunch of nice young dudes will not cut it ... talents win in this league... I hope he will think deep about where he is heading... really should have tried to fit in a winning team... contribute as much as he could, at least making his career more meaningful... think back, his career as a nets is the worst of all.

Na, he wanted to reestablish himself as a legit starter in this league, it's really just too bad he was injured. Pretty sure he has grown a lot these two years mentally (and physically if his knee heals and the kinesology thing works out well). Now, he just need to try to get back to health and go from there.

what does it mean to be a starter of the worst team in NBA? It is like he himself bought into the starter/bench narrative... if you are a good impactful player, you are a good impactful player, starting or not... he wasn't/isn't young to match the Nets rebuild timeline... from day one, he was a stop gap starter....even if he has been healthy, balling out, he would still be considered as a starter in a bad team, meaning a borderline starter...
be in a winning situation, play some meaningful games, keep improving your skills and game....once your chance is there, establish yourself as a solid starter in a winning team... that's the mindset he should have had...

In this league, a backup point guard and a starting one don't do the same thing. He had to have the pt to be developed into a good starting one, he didn't get that at the beginning of his career cuz he didn't get into a good college bball program and get drafted. He had several weeks of that in NY and one season in Houston. Livingston, Mills, Della etc never would become a real starting PG. Lin had the potential to be one. We really won't know what would happen if he hasn't been injured these two seasons. He works too hard probably. If he plays great, a good team would want him when a spot opens up. He has enough self belief that, he thinks he could make this team a lot better, way better than the worst team in the league.

OTOH, things surely could have happened in a different way. The thing is, Brooklyn came to him day 1 of free agency with Kenny, NYC and the starting spot. He could have waited to get more money and be on a better team, but he didn't want to pass up the opportunity to be part of the leadership of a start up, to be developed by one of the best coaches in that regard, who he has a great relationship with, and to have the opportunity to recreated Linsanity in the city where it all started. This is about development, two years of training, it's really too bad it was cut short, pretty sure he did learn a lot tho. Well, looks like it's kinda a similar situation in Atlanta, young team, startup, mentoring, a good development coach in Pierce, Nets want Spurs culture and the Hawks want Dubs culture, get healthy, potential starter, if he plays well, he might get traded, waived and sign with a contender, or get good offers in free agency. But the no.1 priority is definitely to not get injured and get back to his former self athletically. (not sure about the tank, maybe they traded for him cuz of the odds change with the draft, this trade could be the historic watershed moment defining a new era of tanking)
another disappointing thing is his skill level basically is still the same as his second year in the league...he is still heavily relying his speed and body strength....his shooting is still hit and miss, no floater at all, two skills he said he had worked on every summer....

His 3 point shooting is fine, he changed his shot last season, so it's gonna take some time, it should be getting there by next season. He's trying to get better at shooting 3s coming off screens, that'd be lethal. His midrange and floater were probably better when he was with the Knicks. Moreyball and them trying to force him to become strictly a role player in the second Houston year probably did them in. Ya, hope they come back strong.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#198 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:15 pm

alright, enough about Lin.

From what I'm reading about Arthur, Denver fans think he's done. I think we were hoping to have received a backup 4 who could stretch the floor, but it seems like we're out of luck there. Is there any way the Nets could orchestrate a buyout? Not sure how that works. Even if it opened up 1-2 million of workable space without stretching him beyond this year, I'd be interested.

A lineup of Dinwiddie/Shabazz, Levert, Harris/Musa, Faried/Kurucs, and Davis is probably the best we can expect.
brook
Senior

Post#199 » by brook » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:19 pm

I don't think we need that buyout right now.
Team for next season is complete and also we are deep.
Also Arthur provides vet leadership.
I don't see any free agent who is good for us, maybe except Nwaba.

If Arthur is out for the season, I think we can resign Acy with vet minimum.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#200 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:29 pm

brook wrote:I don't think we need that buyout right now.
Team for next season is complete and also we are deep.
Also Arthur provides vet leadership.
I don't see any free agent who is good for us, maybe except Nwaba.

If Arthur is out for the season, I think we can resign Acy with vet minimum.

no need ot buy arthur out, his salary also could be needed as filler if we make a big trade in season

Return to Brooklyn Nets