Post#2 » by kamaze » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:02 am

I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Re: Wlcome Kennet Faried 

Post#3 » by Netaman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Put me in the category of being excited they added him for the year. His career per 36 #'s have remained steady his whole career. 15 pts, 11 rebs, 1 steal, 1 block. High-efficiency player. He's better than Booker across the board, though probably not as good of a defender, and early last year Booker made an impact.

If there's any injury to Allen, RHJ, or DMC I think Faried is the first in line to get inserted into the starting lineup, and if that happens he could definitely play well enough to bring back a pick at the deadline.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#4 » by CalamityX12 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Manimal resurrected?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#5 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:38 pm

I can't be the only one bothered by the spelling errors in the OP right?
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#6 » by kamaze » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:58 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Manimal resurrected?

Hope so! :beer:

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Welcome Kenneth Faried 

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:45 pm

kamaze wrote:
Read on Twitter

He basically replaces what we had in Booker last season and is an absolute perfect fit:

-NJ guy/local guy
-hard worker
-good locker room guy
-plays fast
-max effort all the time

will be fun to watch him for 20+ minutes a game just go after it.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#8 » by Paradise » Thu Aug 2, 2018 2:10 am

Welcome home, Manimal! I love this guy already.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

[tweet]
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
kamaze
General Manager

Post#9 » by kamaze » Thu Aug 2, 2018 4:20 am

I’m just here to get better and help Brooklyn the best I can. I’m here for my teammates, the Nets, the coaches, the organization. They brought me in here to be the player I am, and that’s the hustle, grit, grind hard, energy guy, go grab every rebound, play defense; and you may be surprised this year about the other things I can do in my repertoire. But I’m not one to talk about it; I’m going to just show you.”

Sounds great fans are going to love this guy.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#10 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 2, 2018 4:27 am

I have no doubts that Faried will play hard.

The question is, how does Kenny incorporate him? I think you have to think he'd fit in like Booker did.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager

Post#11 » by kamaze » Thu Aug 2, 2018 4:47 am

“For me it’s, ‘Hey, come in here and be yourself. Kenneth, you’re basically a rookie again, take it as that because you’re on a new team, they have people starting in place, a whole rotation.’

“The little things, the intangible things I do, I want to rub off on my teammates. My energy is contagious, so my energy when I was in the game doing the things I did with Denver were contagious around the whole team. The stadium, period. That’s why when you hear, ‘We want Manimal!’ back when I was in Denver, or fans chanting, ‘We Want Manimal,’ it’s for a reason. Because I bring that energy and that’s what I plan to do here.”

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#12 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 2, 2018 5:07 pm

I love having faried on this team.... he is the epitome of hard work. cant wait to see a lineup with RHJ, Faried, and Ed Davis all on the floor. that unit is going to be all over the place.

if we strike out in FA next season, i hope this becomes a permanent home for him
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#13 » by MGrand15 » Thu Aug 2, 2018 10:00 pm

I'm surprised we didn't buy him out. I don't see him having a consistent role on this team. Ed Davis is the back up center. Kenny has proven to get uncomfortable playing ONE non-shooter for long stretches. I'd be shocked if we go with Faried at the 4 next to Davis or Allen. I think Dudley or DMC end up taking the backup 4 spot. With Faried getting spot minutes here and there at the 5 or in case of injury.

Trevor Booker played a bunch of 5 last year. With Allen + Ed Davis, the time and role just isn't there.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#14 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 2, 2018 10:15 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I'm surprised we didn't buy him out. I don't see him having a consistent role on this team. Ed Davis is the back up center. Kenny has proven to get uncomfortable playing ONE non-shooter for long stretches. I'd be shocked if we go with Faried at the 4 next to Davis or Allen. I think Dudley or DMC end up taking the backup 4 spot. With Faried getting spot minutes here and there at the 5 or in case of injury.

Trevor Booker played a bunch of 5 last year. With Allen + Ed Davis, the time and role just isn't there.

i dont see the value in buying him out. we wouldnt really gain much cap space wise to sign anyone. Faried is a local guy, great teammate, and replaces alot of the off the court/intangable on court stuff with booker, which i think really had an impact last year.

i dont really agree that Kenny had an issue playing 2 non-shooters last year, as we saw quite a bit of RHJ/Allen, RHJ/Zeller, and RHJ/Mozgov. DMC didnt spend much time at PF and we really only had shooting bigs on the second unit because there was no alternative (Acy was better then any big not named allen).

I agree, they want shooters and to shoot threes but just as much they want to run and score in transition (as they encouraged with booker) and faried is a beast in transition

but it really boils down to, if you buyout faried, and gain say 2.5-3.5 million, who do you sign that provides more value? i think the best you could do is bring back acy or cunningham, but you could have done that for the minimum
kamaze
General Manager

Post#15 » by kamaze » Thu Aug 2, 2018 10:38 pm

MGrand15 wrote:I'm surprised we didn't buy him out. I don't see him having a consistent role on this team. Ed Davis is the back up center. Kenny has proven to get uncomfortable playing ONE non-shooter for long stretches. I'd be shocked if we go with Faried at the 4 next to Davis or Allen. I think Dudley or DMC end up taking the backup 4 spot. With Faried getting spot minutes here and there at the 5 or in case of injury.

”We’re going to see what happens, sir. I’m not saying anything. I’m not implying anything. We’re just going to see what happens,” he replied.

“Y’all saw Quincy Acy shooting 3’s last year, so I’m pretty sure y’all didn’t believe he could do any of that before the year started,” he added. “But these coaches here, Kenny – especially him, as the head coach – he got everybody in line – Kenny I hear is one of the best shooting coaches in the game so it’s going to be fun.”

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#16 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 2, 2018 10:44 pm

kamaze wrote:

”We’re going to see what happens, sir. I’m not saying anything. I’m not implying anything. We’re just going to see what happens,” he replied.

“Y’all saw Quincy Acy shooting 3’s last year, so I’m pretty sure y’all didn’t believe he could do any of that before the year started,” he added. “But these coaches here, Kenny – especially him, as the head coach – he got everybody in line – Kenny I hear is one of the best shooting coaches in the game so it’s going to be fun.”

who is that quote from? Faried?
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#17 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 2, 2018 10:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

who is that quote from? Faried?

Yes.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Aug 2, 2018 11:04 pm

I have a feeling Faried will be a fan favorite on and off the court. He's also very active with LGBTQ causes because of his two moms.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Fri Aug 3, 2018 1:21 am

Trader_Joe wrote:I have a feeling Faried will be a fan favorite on and off the court. He's also very active with LGBTQ causes because of his two moms.

yeah, hard not to like the guy. it will also be nice to have a guy who plays above the rim. outside of allen we ddint have that last year and havent had it for a while. with Faried/Davis.Allen we have alot more of that now
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Trader_Joe » Fri Aug 3, 2018 1:22 am

Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I have a feeling Faried will be a fan favorite on and off the court. He's also very active with LGBTQ causes because of his two moms.

yeah, hard not to like the guy. it will also be nice to have a guy who plays above the rim. outside of allen we ddint have that last year and havent had it for a while. with Faried/Davis.Allen we have alot more of that now

I miss having a wing like VC, RHJ or even Gerald Green that played above the rim. Diallo could have been him.

Return to Brooklyn Nets