ImageImageImageImageImage

Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Sean Marks: “We have a year to prepare for summer of 2019” 

Post#581 » by Prokorov » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:33 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Show your reverence. Sean Marks has nailed two drafts in a row with LeVert and Allen and Rodi and Musa both have upside.

and then comes the 2019 draft...

We traded for the pick that was levert

we traded for the pick that was allen

some people wanted to keep thad. some people wanted to keep bogs. :D

I was one of the guys upset by Thad being traded :nod: :nod: :nod: my ignorance has been cleansed thanks to The Marksman.

still boggle my mind people wanted to keep the jack/bogs/thad/brooks nets together :banghead:
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#582 » by shakendfries » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Papi_swav wrote:13 out of 14 players live in Brooklyn? what neighborhood do these guys live in? I haven't bumped into 1 of these guys.

I swear I saw Caris on the subway last year :lol:
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#583 » by DeRoma » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:08 pm

I bet Allen Crabbe is the one that doesn't live in BK
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#584 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 am

DeRoma wrote:I bet Allen Crabbe is the one that doesn't live in BK

I believe I read it was Dudley.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#585 » by DeRoma » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:43 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
DeRoma wrote:I bet Allen Crabbe is the one that doesn't live in BK

I believe I read it was Dudley.

Ahh i see
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,844

Post#586 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:27 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
We traded for the pick that was levert

we traded for the pick that was allen

some people wanted to keep thad. some people wanted to keep bogs. :D

I was one of the guys upset by Thad being traded :nod: :nod: :nod: my ignorance has been cleansed thanks to The Marksman.

still boggle my mind people wanted to keep the jack/bogs/thad/brooks nets together :banghead:

I had zero problems with the Bojan trade. That was highway robbery.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#587 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I had zero problems with the Bojan trade. That was highway robbery.

It was robbery, because we lucked into Allen. Nicholson's contract alone should've necessitated an additional 2nd.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#588 » by shakendfries » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm

"I want to be a hall of famer...multiple champions...most of all I just want to leave my mark on the city and be remembered as one of those guys who impacted lives on and off the court"
-Kevin Durant

What if KD signed to Roc Nation sports to compete with the business acumen of Lebron and Maverick Carter, who have set up a media empire that gives athletes/entertainers a level of control over their narratives....

What if Roc Nation and Tidal were building their own media network, that could afford KD with increased visibility for the KD brand

What if KD's already proved it with the scoring titles, championships, and finals MVPs, so his biggest challenge becomes bringing a championship to a city & a franchise that has never won any...cementing him self as the greatest

Read on Twitter

Brooklyn is a city where there's a mural of Biggie or somebody playing Biggie every few blocks. KD could become a basketball icon in Brooklyn unlike any other, since he'd be the first.

Imagine these two in a lineup together

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#589 » by DarkXaero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:18 am

KD is fantasy for me, but more realistically I'd be happy with us targeting the likes of Middleton and Mirotic next offseason.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#590 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:51 am

Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets.

Put this in your signatures. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is. take me up on this bet.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#591 » by shakendfries » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:19 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets.

Put this in your signatures. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is. take me up on this bet.

"Of course if you're 20, you have to consider - wait a minute, he went from being Hov, to S. Carter, to Jay Z, to Sean Carter, to being with clothing, with shoes, with teams..for somebody to continue to reinvent themselves and have some staying power - that's why people who've been around for so long have so many names [..] because they continue to reinvent themselves. And that's the goal for an entertainer. And that should be the goal beyond being the best at your trade"

"A lot of times there's a disconnect between who owns the team, who's the agent of the player, and what actually makes the player tick. Jay Z has been on the ownership side plus he's been talent [...] So he understands how to press buttons on both sides, and therefore he can translate a message that you're trying to convey to your public, or your sponsors, or to potential people who want to have you do business with them that they can understand, that you can understand, and therefore can get a little bit further.
- Jalen Rose, 9/1/14

Durant has mentioned multiple times about wanting to have an impact that's bigger than basketball.

I have no doubt that KD will have access to whatever business opportunities he desires wherever he ends up. I know the Knicks are the frontrunners and they're the storied franchise that gets all the credit and media coverage in New York when it comes to basketball. I get it, but there's something about playing for the Sonics I think Kevin might appreciate.

It's the journey to accomplish something that's never been done before. KD entered the NBA with the goal of bringing a championship to a franchise that had never had one before.

If KD is looking for a challenge and wants to be remembered as a player who did things their own way, there's no better team to do it than Brooklyn.

PS: I'm holding you to this MDB
ImageImage

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#592 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:24 am

This is pure fantasy. You're projecting your own wants onto him.

This isn't going to play out the way you want it to happen my dude. sorry.

Kevin Durant refused to even sit down with the Nets even after Jay Z asked him to do so.

It's not happening.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#593 » by shakendfries » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:This is pure fantasy. You're projecting your own wants onto him.

Kevin Durant refused to even sit down with the Nets even after Jay Z asked him to do so.

It's not happening.

idk KD seemed pretty stoked about the game in Seattle and what he meant to basketball in that city.

Given the KD murals strewn about New York, I think coming to play in the big apple is a possibility. I've walked by a KD branded court in the village. Brooklyn is a city with Biggie murals strewn about and JayZ playing at every other bar. I think the admiration from fans in Brooklyn would be similar to that of fans in Seattle.

It's not like KD hasn't already eclipsed the greatness of former Nets, the issue Lebron is gonna face to be fully embraced in LA until he wins.

ImageImage

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#594 » by DarkXaero » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:This is pure fantasy. You're projecting your own wants onto him.

It's not happening.
Tbf, he turned down meetings with other bad teams too, not just us. He only wanted to go to a winning situation, and that wasn't going to be us.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#595 » by SpeedyG » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:02 pm

KD is such a dream/fantasy acquisition that I'm not going to sit here and claim he's going to sign with the Nets. But I'm also not going to sit here and claim there's no chance of it happening.

Brooklyn's situation then (when KD was a FA) is different than the situation now.

KD's situation then is also different now. Nobody really knows what he wants at this point. He's got money, he has a ring (he didn't last time he was a FA), he has an MVP (he didn't last time he has a ring).

So what motivates him now? What's the biggest factor? No one knows but him.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#596 » by GYK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:27 pm

trade spencer, dlo, rhj for the 1st of a hawks, suns, Memphis etc.
2020 Giannis/Davis superteam
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#597 » by Prokorov » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:31 pm

KD is going to the knicks or Lakers. everyone else combined has a 0.1% chance.

He has won titles. he has won MVPs. all he has left for his legacy is to be great in NY or LA. thats where the most money is for him and thats where his legacy would grow the most. either team up with lebron in LA or win with the knicks (nothing would increase his legacy more)
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#598 » by DarkXaero » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:13 am

Prokorov wrote:KD is going to the knicks or Lakers. everyone else combined has a 0.1% chance.

He has won titles. he has won MVPs. all he has left for his legacy is to be great in NY or LA. thats where the most money is for him and thats where his legacy would grow the most. either team up with lebron in LA or win with the knicks (nothing would increase his legacy more)
The knicks make so much sense but not the Nets? ok...

Also while we're on the free agency topic, how's your guarantee that Kyrie will 100% leave the Celtics next summer going?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Sean Marks: “We have a year to prepare for summer of 2019”  

Post#599 » by Paradise » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:22 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:KD is going to the knicks or Lakers. everyone else combined has a 0.1% chance.

Also while we're on the free agency topic, how's your guarantee that Kyrie will 100% leave the Celtics next summer going?

Makes a ton of sense, right?

Written by Shams in 2016:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-nba-prospect-caris-levert-has-in-common-with-kevin-durant-174445976.html

One Year Later:

All it took was one phone call.

One phone call and suddenly Caris LeVert and Sean Kilpatrick were headed out to California to train with Kevin Durant and Steve Nash. Nets Director of Player Development and KD’s former shooting coach, Adam Harrington, helped set it up.

Did Durant have any words of wisdom to help him move on ... despite the Nets poor season?

“‘Just be ready. Be ready for that moment.’ We don’t get a lot of TV games or anything like that, but he just said, when we do, ‘make sure you’re ready for it; make sure you’re ready to play your best when the spotlight is on you.’”

And now we’re witnessing it happen....but I guess the Knicks have us beaten with all those ‘KP is some kind of unicorn’ compliments that is their only source of ‘possiblity’.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#600 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:47 am

DarkXaero wrote:

Yes, the knicks make sense and the nets dont.... the knicks, despite being a losing team for quite sometime, still sellout every game, have one of the 3 or most passionate fan bases, MSG is a huge draw for players, and winning in NY brings more fame then anywhere else... ending nearly a 50 year drought since their last championship for an enormous fanbase that expands natinally would be enormous...

the nets cant sell out their arena... when we play the knicks they have more fans in our arena then we do. some people STILL dont realize the nets arent in NJ, or disprect us so much they call us the NJ nets anyway. winning in brooklyn would not bring nearly the fanfare that winning with the knicks would.

he wont be be back. he is saying the right things to avoid distraction, but he is gone. this isnt just speculation from me, i know people who work in and round the team who feel the same

Return to Brooklyn Nets