ImageImageImageImageImage

Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Re: Sean Marks: “We have a year to prepare for summer of 2019” 

Post#1201 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:14 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I think our performance team could do a lot of good stuff with Porzingis, but thats besides the point. We aren't getting him. He's RFA who will 100% get matched at any offer, and I highly highly doubt that he'll take a QO to become a UFA in 2020.

Pretty sure there are reports out there that said he would take the QO. I mean he seems like and odd dude and his brother is his agent. He seems like if he bets on himself for 1 season he can go wherever he wants and/or stay in DAL for the max.

I really think he might take the QO.
I think it's a bluff, no one is stupid enough to come off an ACL injury with question marks and take a QO offer to become unrestricted FA.

Why say it after the trade though. Who is he bluffing, DAL? If he goes to RFA we all know DAL will match so bluffing after the deal was done doesn't really do much for him. All he has to do is play and a solid level and stay healthy and he's getting a max from someone. It's not the craziest gamble to take for a 23 year old player.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#1202 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:17 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Personally my ranking would be

Durant
Kawhi

Kyrie

Harris
Klay

Randle
Mirotic

Portis

I dont think Middleton adds anything to this team other than further crowding our wing rotation. I also think a Portis signing would be extremely disappointing.

Randle and Mirotic over Portis? Portis is a 41% 3pt shooter, 15pts 7rebs a night. 6'11. A definite system fit.

Didn't know he was playing so well this year. I'll have to try to watch him a bit more and reconsider it. I'd still take Randle over him even with those numbers but I'd consider putting him over Mirotic since he's still so young.

What are the odds that Washington matches an offer for him?

He's been killing it all season, as so far with the Wizards he's been a monster.

I dunno if WAS will match. They traded Porter to get salary relief via Bobby Portis and Jabari Parker, who will probably be renounced. I'm not sure what Portis will command but with how screwed the Wizards are cap wise I'm not sure if they match.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1203 » by MGrand15 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:13 pm

I'm sorry but I can't advocate signing someone who imagines his mom being beat up before every game as a way to hype himself up. I just can't do it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1204 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:34 am

MGrand15 wrote:I'm sorry but I can't advocate signing someone who imagines his mom being beat up before every game as a way to hype himself up. I just can't do it.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1205 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:55 am

I will say something seems a little off about Portis during post game interviews lol.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#1206 » by gigantes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 am

Rockice_24 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:
Pretty sure there are reports out there that said he would take the QO. I mean he seems like and odd dude and his brother is his agent. He seems like if he bets on himself for 1 season he can go wherever he wants and/or stay in DAL for the max.

I think it's a bluff, no one is stupid enough to come off an ACL injury with question marks and take a QO offer to become unrestricted FA.

Why say it after the trade though. Who is he bluffing, DAL? If he goes to RFA we all know DAL will match so bluffing after the deal was done doesn't really do much for him. All he has to do is play and a solid level and stay healthy and he's getting a max from someone. It's not the craziest gamble to take for a 23 year old player.

Porzy & the Mavs seem to be in deep, deep puppy-love, the way you only sometimes see between a player and a franchise. Why even bring the dude up at this point? We're certainly not getting him, and there's a hundred thousand more relevant things to talk about, such as players like Durant-Durant, Kyrie & Kahwi.

In terms of those, Kyrie is a major head-case who operates at our very strongest position, Kahwi would be an incredible upgrade over RHJ (love you, Ronbae), and Durant would be a sensational piece for us IMO.

This puerile, relentless sports-fan idea that "you just add a major star, pay out the nose, disregard the fit, and automagically think that such is akin to a finals team" is just... just... maybe "C is for Cookie," perhaps?

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1207 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 am

mirotic is trash and an enormous ego maniac. if marks signs him he should be fired on the spot. even for the league minimum. outside of carmello there isnt a worse fit.

we dont need randle we have a 20 year old center on a rookie deal and cheap excellent backup in davis
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#1208 » by Papi_swav » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:44 am

Prokorov wrote:mirotic is trash and an enormous ego maniac. if marks signs him he should be fired on the spot. even for the league minimum. outside of carmello there isnt a worse fit.

we dont need randle we have a 20 year old center on a rookie deal and cheap excellent backup in davis

List some players you would like to see us go after ...
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1209 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:54 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:mirotic is trash and an enormous ego maniac. if marks signs him he should be fired on the spot. even for the league minimum. outside of carmello there isnt a worse fit.

List some players you would like to see us go after ...

In order.

Max/Near Max....
Kawhi
Porzingas
Klay
Kemba
Kyrie
Harris

if we miss out on them these guys on smaller shorter deals....
Milsap
Gay

if we miss out these guys on cheaper deals for 3-4 years with a TO
Oubre
Portis

if we miss out on those then just retain our own guys on the cheap and hit FA again in 2020
Graham
Carroll
Davis
Napier
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1210 » by kamaze » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:10 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Rockice_24 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I think our performance team could do a lot of good stuff with Porzingis, but thats besides the point. We aren't getting him. He's RFA who will 100% get matched at any offer, and I highly highly doubt that he'll take a QO to become a UFA in 2020.

That was the plan before he got traded to Dallas. Maybe he wants to control his destiny he'll make bank either way.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1211 » by kamaze » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:I'm sorry but I can't advocate signing someone who imagines his mom being beat up before every game as a way to hype himself up. I just can't do it.

Whatever works I guess. :lol:
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Sean Marks: “We have a year to prepare for summer of 2019”  

Post#1212 » by Paradise » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:06 pm

AD just confirmed his preferred trade destination list including Boston:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

“That’s between my agent and the Pelicans.”

“I will always have love for New Orleans. When the time comes, I will give them a heart warmed message on Instagram like everybody else does. [laughs].”

Well, damn.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#1213 » by DarkXaero » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:41 am

Paradise wrote:AD just confirmed his preferred trade destination list including Boston:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

“That’s between my agent and the Pelicans.”

“I will always have love for New Orleans. When the time comes, I will give them a heart warmed message on Instagram like everybody else does. [laughs].”

Well, damn.
And then he followed that up with this:

Anthony Davis stated that the Boston Celtics are on his list of teams that he would sign a long-term contract with, adding that he "never said Boston wasn't on my list".

He then said in a later interview that he wants to play for any team outside of the Pelicans.

“All 29 other teams are on my list. I don’t have a preferred destination. I just want to win. Big market, small market - I don’t care. I just want to win. Whatever team I get traded to, I’ll play for it that year or whatever. I’ll make the best of it and then when free agency comes, see what happens. I can’t tell the future," said Davis.

Davis added that he never gave anyone a list of teams he'd like to get traded to.

“I never gave a destination. Anthony Davis never gave a destination of where he wants to play.”

So I don't know if it means much.
Paradise

Post#1214 » by Paradise » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Read on Twitter
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1215 » by shakendfries » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:45 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Paradise

Post#1216 » by Paradise » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:41 pm

shakendfries wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1217 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:50 pm

shakendfries wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

He's not coming here. :)

Paradise

Post#1218 » by Paradise » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Actually, I’m starting to think we do and the ultimate crossroads will become a heated Kyrie vs DLO debate...Sorry but I’m going to speak it into existence. We’re a Top 5 destination this summer and we will definitely meet with somebody from the list. Period.

It’s bad enough you have those 11 win circus dress pants fans from Manhattan going on and on about the Nets for the last 24 hours on their board.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1219 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

Actually, I’m starting to think we do and the ultimate crossroads will become a heated Kyrie vs DLO debate...Sorry but I’m going to speak it into existence. We’re a Top 5 destination this summer and we will definitely meet with somebody from the list. Period.

It’s bad enough you have those 11 win circus dress pants fans from Manhattan going on and on about the Nets for the last 24 hours on their board.

Those Knick fans are delusional. They think that Kyrie and KD playing one on one at the all star game practice means that they're teaming up in New York :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:

I also love how those idiots say "no one cares about the Nets" as they spent the last 4 pages of that thread discussing us. They really are intimidated.

LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#1220 » by LOUiS-D » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:36 am

While we're dropping trou on the Knicks I was listening to the Lowe Post and heard THE most mind boggling and damning evidence of the Knick's reign of incompetence:

The Knicks have not re-signed one of their own rookies/RFAs since Charlie Ward in 1999.

Return to Brooklyn Nets