Page 104 of 108

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:27 pm
by Prokorov
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:He will definitely know what the plan is before free agency begins.

The Nets will make sure to have Irving and/or Kyrie in the bag when free agency begins. Woj or Shams will tweet one or both of their new deals at 6:01pm. You can book that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk


Based on his comments, right now he's in the dark. If I were him, I would absolutely field other offers if the Nets aren't being upfront.
I don't get that at all. He's in the dark in the sense that we don't know who is signing here, but once that is made clear when moratorium opens up, he'll know quickly where he stands, because we know where we stand.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app


not good enough... it could all be they are keeping it tight lipped but if marks doesnt let Dlo know exactly where he stands and have an agreement in place then thats a huge black eye for makrs and a monumental shift from doing right by players first.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:31 pm
by Prokorov
Paradise wrote:SAS is switching to Kyrie/KD to Brooklyn...

Read on Twitter


:o

wow.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:31 pm
by Rockice_24
NetsJets wrote:I don’t want Kyrie if KD isn’t apart of the deal.


Yes you do :nod:

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:33 pm
by JKiddy
Let's say hypothetically Kyrie is making it known through back channels that he wants to play in Brooklyn alongside DLO.

Let's say the Nets have already told DLO they will take care of him. He will not get a max offer but they will damn nearly come close to it.

Let's say DLO said he loves Brooklyn and wants to stay and wants one or two more players to come so they can go from a bottom 4 seed in the East to a Eastern Conference title contender in one off season.

Let's say DLO said he would not sign an offer with another team for two-three days to give the Nets time to work things out with the big fish if it is going to happen.

Let's say Kyrie is already in KD's ear to come to Brooklyn as its much better for the both of them and KD said let me finish this season first and that he will think it over and speak to his team. Let's say Durant's agent is even open to this as well and will think logically without his fandom taking over his thought process.

If all of this were true would you not believe it? Let's just say it is possible.

If we don't get KD - If we were to deal Crabbe, J Allen, the 17th, the 31st, a future protected Top 5/10 pick, and another player like Dinwiddie to get AD would you be cool with all of these scenarios?

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 7:42 pm
by Rockice_24
JKiddy wrote:Let's say hypothetically Kyrie is making it known through back channels that he wants to play in Brooklyn alongside DLO.

Let's say the Nets have already told DLO they will take care of him. He will not get a max offer but they will damn nearly come close to it.

Let's say DLO said he loves Brooklyn and wants to stay and wants one or two more players to come so they can go from a bottom 4 seed in the East to a Eastern Conference title contender in one off season.

Let's say DLO said he would not sign an offer with another team for two-three days to give the Nets time to work things out with the big fish if it is going to happen.

Let's say Kyrie is already in KD's ear to come to Brooklyn as its much better for the both of them and KD said let me finish this season first and that he will think it over and speak to his team. Let's say Durant's agent is even open to this as well and will think logically without his fandom taking over his thought process.

If all of this were true would you not believe it? Let's just say it is possible.

If we don't get KD - If we were to deal Crabbe, J Allen, the 17th, the 31st, a future protected Top 5/10 pick, and another player like Dinwiddie to get AD would you be cool with all of these scenarios?


No way to get KD/Kyrie and keep Russell so forget about that.

That AD trade is horrible for NO so that ain't happening either.

Best case is we land Kyrie/KD and let Russell walk
Next best case is we land Kyrie and trade up for a PF (Rui) or trade for Gordon
Next next base case is we land Harris and look to trade for Beal
Next next next base case is we sign Harris and continue the youth movement with our picks at 17, 27, 31
Worst case is we sign nobody, max Russell and can't trade up for a starting PF.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 8:25 pm
by Mosdefinition
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:SAS is switching to Kyrie/KD to Brooklyn...

Read on Twitter


:o

wow.

I refuse to get sucked in

I'm not going to do it nope

But there is a chance in less than a month

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 8:28 pm
by Netaman
Best case is we just get KD, trade Crabbe with 1 of our picks (or a future pick), and resign DLo.

DLo - Dinwiddie - Musa
Levert - Harris
Durant - Graham
Rodi - draft pick
Allen - draft pick

Bring back as many of the vets as we can afford for depth (Ed Davis, Dudley, Carroll, etc).

That team probably competes in the east, though we'd probably need 1 more big guy.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 8:33 pm
by Rockice_24
Netaman wrote:Best case is we just get KD, trade Crabbe with 1 of our picks (or a future pick), and resign DLo.

DLo - Dinwiddie - Musa
Levert - Harris
Durant - Graham
Rodi - draft pick
Allen - draft pick

Bring back as many of the vets as we can afford for depth (Ed Davis, Dudley, Carroll, etc).

That team probably competes in the east, though we'd probably need 1 more big guy.


Probably true but now way KD comes by himself. Only chance we have at KD is if Kyrie really has his heart set on BK and he can convince KD to join him.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 9:33 pm
by haosmoove
Isn't it possible to have the trio of AD KD Kyrie?
1) Sign Kyrie
2) Trade for AD centered around DLo s&t, Levert/Allen and picks
3) Trade for KD (s&t) with Crabbe, DW/Harris

I want to know if it's logistically possible to do all of the above. You guys can probably fill out the details on these 2 s&t so they are fair and make sense. I think the Nets do have enough assets to get it done.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 9:43 pm
by Paradise
Mosdefinition wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:SAS is switching to Kyrie/KD to Brooklyn...

Read on Twitter


:o

wow.

I refuse to get sucked in

I'm not going to do it nope

But there is a chance in less than a month

Umm...he just landed in New York.


Read on Twitter



Read on Twitter

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Wed Jun 5, 2019 10:54 pm
by Paradise
Btw Oddshark has updated their Kawhi Leonard odds. Nets are 3rd behind LAC and TOR.

Read on Twitter

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 12:15 am
by Keith Van Horn
Nets in the news every day now? At least I'll have a great distraction over the next month at work.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 12:37 am
by drchaos
haosmoove wrote:Isn't it possible to have the trio of AD KD Kyrie?
1) Sign Kyrie
2) Trade for AD centered around DLo s&t, Levert/Allen and picks
3) Trade for KD (s&t) with Crabbe, DW/Harris

I want to know if it's logistically possible to do all of the above. You guys can probably fill out the details on these 2 s&t so they are fair and make sense. I think the Nets do have enough assets to get it done.


Screw AD. Why gut our team if he is free to leave next year.

Sign Kyrie, S&T for Durant and let our young guys continue to develop.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 1:49 am
by MrDollarBills
If its Irving and Durant, you have to do it.

I don't buy the talk about AD. I don't think we can beat a package where the Knicks can trade RJ Barrett essentially to the Pelicans.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:08 am
by Prokorov
drchaos wrote:
haosmoove wrote:Isn't it possible to have the trio of AD KD Kyrie?
1) Sign Kyrie
2) Trade for AD centered around DLo s&t, Levert/Allen and picks
3) Trade for KD (s&t) with Crabbe, DW/Harris

I want to know if it's logistically possible to do all of the above. You guys can probably fill out the details on these 2 s&t so they are fair and make sense. I think the Nets do have enough assets to get it done.


Screw AD. Why gut our team if he is free to leave next year.

Sign Kyrie, S&T for Durant and let our young guys continue to develop.


AD wont be a free agent, any team who trades for him will do so with an extension in place

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:11 am
by Prokorov
Man im do pumped right now... at the very least it seems more likely then not we land kyrie. if all we did was land kyrie and retain russell this is an A+++++++++++++++++++ offseason for us.

There were only 5 guys who posted 21/7/4 last year... we would have 2 of them. kennys offense will look unreal with a guy like kyrie who can blow by his man and get to the rim.

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:38 am
by shakendfries
Paradise wrote:SAS is switching to Kyrie/KD to Brooklyn...

Read on Twitter


Image

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:40 am
by Prokorov
Rockice_24 wrote:
No way to get KD/Kyrie and keep Russell so forget about that.


This is factually incorrect. there are multiple ways to do it. one would be a sign and trade with the warriors. after singing kyrie and givin russell his contract.

the other would be trading crabbe, dinwiddie, harris kurucs, for pure cap in addition to renouncing everyone else.

the third would require KD to take less then his full max, which have seen before in other superteam scenarios (miami for example)

That AD trade is horrible for NO so that ain't happening either.


The nets can give the pelicans a package similar to what most stars on expiring deals go for:

Levert, Allen (young talent), crabbe (large expiring) #17, 2021 unprotected (draft picks)

Best case is we land Kyrie/KD and let Russell walk


the best case would involved Kawhi signing here. his max is less then durants and he is young then both of those guys
Next best case is we land Kyrie and trade up for a PF (Rui) or trade for Gordon


gordon would be a waste of cap who solves 0 problems
Next next base case is we land Harris and look to trade for Beal

i lvoe this
Next next next base case is we sign Harris and continue the youth movement with our picks at 17, 27, 31


yup
Worst case is we sign nobody, max Russell and can't trade up for a starting PF.


no that is not worst case. worst case is overpaying to sign guys who dont fit (randle) or are empty stats role players (mirotic) r trading for overpaid role players (porter)

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:20 pm
by Andrew McCeltic
haosmoove wrote:Isn't it possible to have the trio of AD KD Kyrie?
1) Sign Kyrie
2) Trade for AD centered around DLo s&t, Levert/Allen and picks
3) Trade for KD (s&t) with Crabbe, DW/Harris

I want to know if it's logistically possible to do all of the above. You guys can probably fill out the details on these 2 s&t so they are fair and make sense. I think the Nets do have enough assets to get it done.


Boston would probably take Crabbe/Dinwiddie/Harris in a Kyrie sign and trade over losing him for nothing - at least, I would.. then you could sign KD outright..

Re: Phase 4 / The 2019 Free Agency Thread (Kyrie, KD, Kawhi, AD)

Posted: Thu Jun 6, 2019 2:41 pm
by Netaman
Anyone else think if Kawhi wins in Toronto he may be more willing to leave? Kind of counterintuitive and I'd say they are going to be the odds on favorite to resign him either way, but if he wins a 2nd championship, this one elevating a team that's not the Spurs, maybe he just decides to go play in whatever city he wanted when he initially asked out of SA? Whether that's LA or NY.

If there was any way to add him to this roster that would be even better than KD.