Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#201 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Just upping this thread in light of today's events surrounding Michael Cohen, Donald Trump, and the rest. :lol:

Robert Mueller is a savage, and tomorrow's early AM twitter **** rage fest from Trump should be one for the ages.

I'm not gonna bother posting a bunch of links or what not, if you're not following the news from early on today, you'll learn soon enough. Robert Mueller's team gave Trump a series of questions to answer. Trump answered those questions while sharing information (read: lies to tell) with Paul Manafort (who violated a plea agreement and will now die in jail). Trump most likely put lies in writing to questions posed to him by the feds. As soon as Mueller got his hands on those answers (lies), the hammer got slammed down onto Paul Manafort, and the go ahead was given for Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen to cop a plea deal in court for lying to congress in exchange for him ratting out Trump, Trump's dealings with Russia during the 2016 campaign and The Trump Organization's legal exposure.

TD;DR: They are all going to jail, including his elder children.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-eyes-ivanka-don-jr-s-work-trump-tower-moscow-003012099.html

This will be a bitterly cold Christmas for some. I'll enjoy some good craft beers and whiskey this month, and get ready for the **** show that takes places in January when the House Dems and Mueller start breaking backs and taking scalps. Mueller is a registered Republican btw.

there's a certain karma that comes with being racist, putting children in cages, tear gassing children, or being involved with the murder of a reporter whose body was taken apart by bone saws by Saudi killers.

MDB youre a whiskey guy? i knew i liked you...

whats your poison?

:lol: Jameson, Jack, or Johnny Blue. I'm not hard to please when it comes that devil water
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#202 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter

^^The fact that this is coming from Burr a Republican) is a bit shocking but maybe after yesterday some feel bold enough now to do their damn jobs. One of the main liars is definitely Donald Trump Jr. but I would not doubt that Hope Hicks lied to congress. But my money is on Jr. being one of those referrals.

I have a hard time believing that any Republican on the Senate Intel Committee would refer Jeff Sessions (who lied repeatedly) for criminal prosecution but you never know. He should be, unless he has been quietly cooperating (which I have long suspected since he recused himself).

Donald Trump Jr. is soooo **** ed if I were him I'd take my ass right down to Mueller's office and rat. Being 40 years old and the threat of doing 20 years of fed time is not a good look.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#203 » by shakendfries » Sat Dec 1, 2018 2:53 pm

Russia finessed the 2016 election

Russia using Facebook to spread targeted misinformation during the 2016 election is wild
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#204 » by gigantes » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:07 pm

Another Reddit gem...

https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/a2688g/is_a_doover_election_incoming_north_carolina/eavo8ky/

thiman wrote:Is a Do-Over Election Incoming? North Carolina Republicans Alleged to Have Committed Massive Voter Fraud

hungry4nuns wrote:I’m sick of seeing this misinformation going around and I don’t thing all of it is benign uninformed people. I think some of the people labelling electoral fraud as voter fraud are deliberately reshaping a narrative that disguises actual illegal **** behind a smokescreen of the boogeyman illegal voters coming to steal the election. I said this in another thread I’ll say it again now but I won’t spam:

Stop conflating voter fraud and electoral fraud, that is literally a GOP misdirection tactic to confuse the two.

Voter fraud is when people who are voting illegally cast a ballot with view to influencing an election, those running for election are the victim.

Electoral fraud is when those running the election illegally manipulate the system to disenfranchise legal voters. People who want to vote legally are the victim.

Evidence is showing Republicans are engaging in electoral fraud. Republicans are then blaming illegal immigrants and democrats of engaging in voter fraud and shout loudly about this narrative. By conflating the two types of fraud they are making the actual victims out to be the perpetrators. This allows them to continue to do shady **** and keep eyes off them, specifically the eyes of the average, casually engaged voter who hears about ‘voter’ fraud on both sides and continues to hold their (R) bias because “both sides are equal”.

Voters only have power in extremely large numbers. In a population of >300million the ability of a person to change results based on voter fraud is almost impossible. It would require an highly organised criminal operation, manipulating the voter registry system and incorporating millions of corrupt voters across all states to have any effective outcome of fraud. If this was occurring it would be impossible to conceal; there would be glaring evidence, which there is not.

Government and states however, have significantly larger consolidated power, and it only takes relatively few organised corrupt individuals to affect the outcome of an election via electoral fraud. In recent years republicans have consolidated power of elections in the hands of very few through gerrymandering, voter suppression, misinformation, and other tactics which if not illegal, should be. Listen to planet money’s podcast, Redmap, for a brief overview of their gerrymandering tactics.

Does voter fraud occur, undoubtedly, is it significant enough to influence elections, highly unlikely. The evidence for this: if voter fraud worked to influence elections, the GOP would be engaged in it. They have used every effective tactic out there to obtain and retain power.

There is no evidence for large scale voter fraud, there is evidence for large scale electoral fraud. It’s clear both sides are not the same and by conflating voter fraud and electoral fraud, it paints the narrative in favour of those committing electoral fraud.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#205 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 9:16 pm

The federal government needs to step in. Reinforcing voting rights, making gerrymandering illegal and making voter suppression and electoral fraud serious felony crimes that comes with a severe prison sentences should be on Congress' agenda if the Dems can manage to take both the White House and Senate in 2020. What happened in NC and Georgia is ridiculous.

Republicans are sociopaths. I can't put it in any other way. You cannot be operating with a conscience if you behave like this.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#206 » by gigantes » Sun Dec 2, 2018 11:48 pm

Let's hope for that, because this is getting ridiculous.

I'm sure very little of such trickery is fresh, but the alerting thing here is that we're running out of time for such nonsense. Economically, environmentally, and in many other ways, you can't just ignore facts, science and reality simply to keep propping up a group of elites' stranglehold on power and money. These are not reasons why civilisations last. It never worked in the past, and it certainly won't work now, but it seems like we've failed to learn the important lessons from all that IMO.

For example, we still have MOW (the miserable orange wretch) denying climate change across platforms like the G20, while Republicans / conservatives are still giving him a free / bullsh-t pass on that stuff. Lessons learned by that crew? Obviously zero. Money and their own personal convenience trump everything, I guess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#207 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 3, 2018 3:16 am

gigantes wrote:Let's hope for that, because this is getting ridiculous.

I'm sure very little of such trickery is fresh, but the alerting thing here is that we're running out of time for such nonsense. Economically, environmentally, and in many other ways, you can't just ignore facts, science and reality simply to keep propping up a group of elites' stranglehold on power and money. These are not reasons why civilisations last. It never worked in the past, and it certainly won't work now, but it seems like we've failed to learn the important lessons from all that IMO.

For example, we still have MOW (the miserable orange wretch) denying climate change across platforms like the G20, while Republicans / conservatives are still giving him a free / bullsh-t pass on that stuff. Lessons learned by that crew? Obviously zero. Money and their own personal convenience trump everything, I guess.

Trump was an embarrassment at the G20 and the fact that the United States is the only country that did not sign on to pledge to fight climate change (something that is already KILLING people in this country, see California burning to the ground for details) is a disgrace. However, knowing that during the meeting he was completely isolated, miserable, and full of anxiety about his impeding political and legal doom gave me a slight bit of joy. :lol:

However, I agree...we are running out of time. Climate change and trickle down economics are going to kill us all. Action needs to be taken on climate change, healthcare, wealth distribution etc. The current path that the GOP has set the US on is unsustainable. But sociopaths don't think about how their actions impact tomorrow, they only think about present gains. This is why you have blatant electoral fraud being carried out in real time:

Read on Twitter

In the general election, Bitzer also found that, compared to other counties in the Ninth District, a much higher rate of mail-in absentee ballots requested in Bladen and Robeson Counties—about forty per cent and sixty-two per cent, respectively—were never turned in. In fact, those two counties had the highest rates of unreturned absentee ballots of any district in North Carolina. And an analysis of the voting data by the Raleigh News and Observer found that “the unreturned ballots are disproportionately associated with minority voters,” who tend to vote for Democrats over Republicans. In Robeson County, seventy-five per cent of the absentee ballots requested by African Americans and sixty-nine per cent of those requested by American Indians were never received by the state. On Friday, Harris tweeted, “There is absolutely no public evidence that there are enough ballots in question to affect the outcome of this race.” But about sixteen hundred mail-in absentee ballots were requested in the two counties and not returned, in a race decided by fewer than a thousand votes. Nate Silver, a data journalist and the founder of FiveThirtyEight.com, tweeted in response, “There are enough ballots in question in NC-9 to potentially affect the outcome.”

These dudes are literally throwing people's votes in the trash.

Whoever is responsible for this should be imprisoned for the rest of their lives. The right to vote isn't something to be taken lightly. Denying Americans their right to participate in the political/electoral process is tantamount to treason. I'd even advocate it being put within the punishment range of espionage.

There needs to be new laws on the books to curtail this. a mandatory minimum of 20 years fed time if you're found guilty. no parole. make electoral fraud pretty much a death sentence since the ones who are actively carrying it out are old ass white men who need to be taught a serious lesson.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#208 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 7, 2018 11:57 pm

Just a reminder that any day now, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Susan Rice among other Democrats, will be going to jail.

just kidding

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!^^^ the feds upstate don't give a damn. Cohen will be sitting in the clink for at least 4 years. Should have snitched while he had the chance like Michael Flynn did. Mueller however, isn't suggesting any time since he already knew he was **** ed. So this dude basically ratted on Trump and still gets screwed. I love it.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this is just the campaign finance stuff (where "Individual 1" aka The Orange **** Monger has been implicated in multiple felonies). Here's the Russia stuff:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Keep in mind that Michael Cohen was the Finance Chairman for the RNC and there is an active investigation going on regarding the NRA, a Russian agent named Maria Butina, and dark money (Russian mob oligarch money) being funneled into GOP campaigns including Trump's. 2019 is going to be a bad year for a lot of people in the GOP. Good luck with the primaries, indictments are coming.

Read on Twitter

the dick head doesn't realize who "Individual 1" is in all of these court filings :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: damn the hammer is getting thrown down today

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

these dudes are all either crazy, stupid, or a bad mixture of both.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#209 » by shakendfries » Sat Dec 8, 2018 12:56 am

ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#210 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Nancy Pelosi had to school Individual #1 in public today on how government works. Whoever gave Trump the idea to have this meeting televised is a fool, because this backfired right in his face. He looked weak, incompetent, and unhinged while Pelosi continue to dunk all over him calmly and with class.

and why Mike Pence is even there, who knows.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,811

Post#211 » by Rich Rane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:08 am

Yeahhhh Pelosi will probably be next Speaker.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#212 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Enjoy prison, thanks for the cooperation.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,811

Post#213 » by Rich Rane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Enjoy prison, thanks for the cooperation.

Going in as a snitch too. Possibly could've avoided it had he cooperated fully much sooner.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#214 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Enjoy prison, thanks for the cooperation.

Going in as a snitch too. Possibly could've avoided it had he cooperated fully much sooner.

He committed white federal collar crime, probably means he isn't going to be around a bunch of killers. Maybe he and Craig Carton can become bunk mates.

Had he gone running to SDNY and Mueller before he got caught he would have probably been given a slap on a wrist. I think they all need to rot in jail but I can live with dudes getting off for cooperation as long as you know who ends up spending his last years on earth in prison.

I'm not sure but I don't think he was entirely forthcoming with the feds upstate which is why they recommended 3 years. He probably was covering his own ass on crimes committed decades ago. Mueller however gave him 2 months which means he gave up the good stuff (for comparison, Mueller let Michael Flynn off with a light recommendation because he sang like a bird about Trump. Remember Sammy The Bull? Dude got off on 19 murders because he ratted out John Gotti.)

It's obvious who Mueller wants to spend their end days in a nice cell where his bedding will be right next to the mouth of his toilet seat. :nod:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#215 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 pm

jesus christ

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol: there is no escape.

and none of this is Mueller. All of this stuff was handed off by his people to NY State when they dug up Cohen's dirt.

Read on Twitter

^watch this space.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#216 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'm not going to post the rest but that thread breaks down just how much **** the GOP and NRA are about to find themselves in. 2019 is going to be a bad year for a lot of people who thought they were invincible these last two years. It's all coming apart.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#217 » by Prokorov » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:42 pm

All this and you will still have people defending trump and the NRA til their graves... what horrible state of this country. any progresswe thought we made is a facade.

i do get a nice chuckle thought that all these backwoods hicks NRA people spouting 'Murica' and their "rights as an american" get to see the NRA being a mouthpiece for Russia. comical.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#218 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:03 pm

The Russians in 2016 made a concerted effort to attack the Black American populace through online disinformation warfare to discourage us from voting for Hillary Clinton, voting for Jill Stein (who I predict will be getting subpoenaed by Robert Mueller for her role in the 2016 election and her connections to Vladmir Putin), or not voting at all, per the Senate report on election interference

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

^^this is infuriating.

I have been sounding the alarm for awhile now. Bernie Sanders is not to be trusted. The young democrats like Rep. Ocasio-Cortez need to get the hell away from him.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#219 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:46 pm

We have made no progress as a country in the last 50 years when it comes to civil rights and racism.... all we have got done is better at hiding it and better at supressing it.

The KKK is alive and well and infiltrates our police force and government with a president who refuses to denounce them

we have a polictial prison system setup to put and keep blacks in jail

we have a justice system that punishes blacks more harshly then whites and puts blacks in prison for non violent offenses 7 times more then whites

We are activrly supressing black voters

sad
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#220 » by shakendfries » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:18 pm

The hijacking of our election is a symptom of a broken two-party system. At a certain pint, Americans must acknowledge that forcing the country to choose between two options, both flawed for their own reasons, results in a polarized public. The debates don't allow for very nuanced positions to be taken or articulated, people feel more tied to their political party than their moral compass, and as a result we have candidates deliberately talking out of both sides of their mouth to appease their political affiliation - and people don't trust them.
ImageImage

Return to Brooklyn Nets