ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 12,617

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#541 » by Prokorov » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:29 pm

This is beyond absurd. And everything that is wrong with our justice system.

This is the stuff we get for a live murder on film of a cop kneeling on a dudes neck until he dies. Just image what goes on to cover up and sweep away the stuff not caught on film
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 14,577

Post#542 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:47 pm

Prokorov wrote:Image

This is the stuff we get for a live murder on film of a cop kneeling on a dudes neck until he dies. Just image what goes on to cover up and sweep away the stuff not caught on film

I haven't been watching the trial because I can't deal with it emotionally, and reading that headline made me want to hurt someone.

That cop needs a **** ing bullet.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#543 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Image

I haven't been watching the trial because I can't deal with it emotionally, and reading that headline made me want to hurt someone.

That cop needs a **** ing bullet.

its gotten worse every day. The defense is basically presenting a case that murdering black people should basically be ok at the discretion of the officer.

If chauvin gets off, it will set a wild precedent. Basically anything someone says can be interpeted as "assiting arrest" and if you resist arrest anything the cops do to you is fair game
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#544 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Why cant cops execute a traffic stop without killing someone?

Like why does it always have to result to shots fired. Why cant they apprehend someone alive? why cant it be non-deadly force? dude was pulled over for having stuff hanging from his rearview mirror.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#545 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Read on Twitter

also before we get picutres of the dude smoking a cigarette or made to look like a thug here is the young man with his 2-year old son.

The cops took this young childs father. this kid will grow up knowing that he can be killed just for being blake, because thats what happened to his dad. its so disturbing.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 11,804

Post#546 » by Rich Rane » Yesterday 10:02 pm

Police bodycam footage of 13-year-old Adam Toledo shot dead.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#547 » by Prokorov » Today 12:12 am

Rich Rane wrote:Police bodycam footage of 13-year-old Adam Toledo shot dead.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

why the shoot first lethal stuff friggin always with these cops?!

Grab the tazer. put dude on the ground, cuff him. how about an attempt to apprehend?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 14,577

Post#548 » by MrDollarBills » Today 3:21 am

Rich Rane wrote:Police bodycam footage of 13-year-old Adam Toledo shot dead.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I'm not going to watch this. I already screwed up by watching the Daunte Wright murder. I'm not going to watch a Black child be murdered by these state sponsored lynchings.

After the Philando Castile shooting where I watched him bleed to death in front of his family, I can't mentally handle seeing these snuff films. This stuff does psychological damage to Black people. That video threw me into a state of depression that I don't feel like revisiting.

I'll say this. From a political perspective, the Black population of the United States, which, along with our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters (and those in between), helped to save this country from fascism by delivering both the Presidency and The Senate in the election to the Democrats. Yet, we are 3 months into Joe Biden's term and we are seeing ourselves being murdered by cops, and we are seeing White Democrats like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema stand in the way of progress.

Ask yourselves what will happen next year at this rate when it comes time for people to come to the polls. We aren't seeing any change in how we are treated, and The Democrats look slow and weak compared to Trump and the GOP's wild romp over the last 4 years. We need hardcore police reform, we need strong action from our elected reps in the legislative branch. the clock's ticking.

Mind you, i'm not the person you need to be worried about. I'm a pragmatist politically, so my vote will be against the GOP no matter what. I will vote. But I don't speak for everyone else, and if you see a drop off at the polls compared to the turnout in 2018 and 2020, you can look at what we are seeing unfold right now as a root cause.

As long as White Democrats remain scared to tell the truth and fight for the people that actually vote for them, as we are seeing right now, well, I fear the worst of this country because the fascists are not going to back down. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X both lambasted the white moderates in the 1960s, and it is these same people in positions of powers who are going to stand idly by, watch Black people get abused and lynched, and will pave the way for the United States to fall into the hands of fascist cult.

Return to Brooklyn Nets