ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,907

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#121 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:34 pm

Its nice to wake up to the news that the President of the United States wants to strip me of my citizenship.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#122 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:18 am

if you want to have a few good laughs, head on to twitter and see why the name "Jacob Wohl" is trending.

Read on Twitter

Jacob Wohl is a young Trump sycophant that, through a fake company called Surefire Intelligence, attempted to pay women who had previously worked with Robert Mueller in the past to falsely accuse him of sexual assault in sworn statements. One of the women went to Mueller's team to report this (because it's a crime). Mueller's team handed the investigation off to the FBI....a week or more before this fool tweeted the above.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

again, it amazes me how many people have lined up to go to jail on behalf of Trump.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#123 » by gigantes » Thu Nov 1, 2018 12:38 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Its nice to wake up to the news that the President of the United States wants to strip me of my citizenship.

As a Peace Corps baby who didn't settle in the US til about age three, I was worried for a moment, there. :lol:

But seriously... seems like every time I get used to Trump's chronic idiocy as 'just Drumpf being Drumpf,' he finds a way to hit a new, jackass low. But what's even worse of course is his army of apologists who find a way to cling to him no matter what. Like they're on a mission to annihilate every last shred of whatever decency and common sense they once might have had.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#124 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:27 am

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Its nice to wake up to the news that the President of the United States wants to strip me of my citizenship.

As a Peace Corps baby who didn't settle in the US til about age three, I was worried for a moment, there. :lol:

But seriously... seems like every time I get used to Trump's chronic idiocy as 'just Drumpf being Drumpf,' he finds a way to hit a new, jackass low. But what's even worse of course is his army of apologists who find a way to cling to him no matter what. Like they're on a mission to annihilate every last shred of whatever decency and common sense they once might have had.

These ideas aren't his. They are Stephen Miller's.

That being said...this is a direct attack on Black, Latino, Asian, and Indian minorities who are 1st generation Americans born to immigrant parents that may have been here legally or illegally at the time of their birth.

Mind you, there are just as many European 1st generation citizens in this country who fit the bill. But most likely they will target people of color who fall under this criteria.

I'm fine with that. The day that the US Government makes a move to unite all minorities against them will be the beginning of the end.

gigantes
Starter

Post#125 » by gigantes » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:25 am

MrDollarBills wrote:...
I'm fine with that. The day that the US Government makes a move to unite all minorities against them will be the beginning of the end.

Seems like they're doing a pretty good job of that so far!

But, you know...

https://imgur.com/jngxB9y
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#126 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 1, 2018 4:39 am

There are plenty of white allies out there across the political spectrum that do not agree with this. I've seen liberal and conservative white americans denounce this.

However, as of right now, I believe that American minorities need to commit to solidarity across the board very quickly because the white liberals and progressives have too much bull **** going on in their back yards to even remotely expect them to stand up for us first when the **** really hits the fan.

Trump is pandering to and doubling down on a subset of American society that wants to kill us. People have already, and will die over this. Why everyone is acting like this is normal I don't know.

gigantes
Starter

Post#127 » by gigantes » Thu Nov 1, 2018 5:57 am

> I've seen liberal and conservative white americans denounce this.

Well, I tend to be less impressed by the "conservatives" who allowed their party to get taken over by racists, haters and extremists. I reckon it's been about 45yrs since the shift sharply began. Where were you all when so many of your candidates were allowed to get away with such obvious & disingenuous lies and bullshirt on the campaign trail? Step by step, with your actions and inactions, you helped pave the way for miserable wretches like Drumpf and Ted Cruz to become some of your most successful candidates, that's what you did.

Also, note: I say "conservatives," because I've come to appreciate how incredibly disingenuous the term was almost right from the beginning. From all real evidence, the main thing these people want to "conserve" is their own legacy of abuse, bigotry and exploitation across a number of issues. Because when you get down to the origin of things in the USA, that's what it was always pretty much about. And a major part of that of course came from the North winning the war on the battlefield, while the South was allowed to sneak away with the victory of the bullshirt "lost cause" narrative.

And I mean yeah, sure, some "conservatives" can be kind of genteel and laid-back about things. Polite people in their comfort zone. But who or really what did they actually help, at the end of the day? I ask you. Rhetorically, of course.

> Why everyone is acting like this is normal I don't know.

I ponder this too, altho I think one thing's for sure-- we're living in an extraordinarily complex, fast-moving and downright psychologically-challenging time. Because even just as a neutral or random member of society, trying to figure out how to best handle the madness of civilisation while continuing our natural pursuit of happiness is an almost hopeless challenge. Another thing's for sure-- we humans were certainly not designed to deal with all this stuff, plus we already have loads of personal biases hard-wired in us that aren't helping, either.

And too few even suspect these kinds of basic realities IMO.

It's like a whammy on top of a whammy built on top of whammy. I don't know if it's a triple whammy or a quadruple whammy or what, but I do know that's too many whammies. :P :(
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#128 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 1, 2018 11:14 am

I need to process the rest of your post but you are 100% right about Anti Trump or "Never Trump" American conservatives and their role in paving the way in all of this. They have blood on their hands as well. At this time however, I look at anyone who is denouncing this administration and is willing to stand against it as voices of reason and I choose not to alienate them because now is not the time for that. We are not in normal times anymore. If a conservative believes that things like throwing children in cages and inciting white nationalist terrorists into killing American citizens are appalling acts, we probably should share our common ground with them.

Common human decency and empathy for others takes precedent over disagreements over taxes and government spending. This is literally a life or death situation going on right now. The moderate conservatives that rebuke Trump and vote Democrat next week need to be extended a hand, not pushed away. We can argue about the cosmetics later.

gigantes
Starter

Post#129 » by gigantes » Thu Nov 1, 2018 2:54 pm

Well said.

Yes, this is a critical time right now in which we have a chance to slow down or halt the madness. Not the time for picking pointless fights or opening old wounds. Which is... politics.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#130 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 6, 2018 1:41 pm

VOTED. I SLAMMED DOWN MY HAND ON THE BUTTON FOR EACH DEM CANDIDATE WITH THE FORCE OF A THOUSAND SUNS SET TO EXPLODE IN UNISON.

Make sure yall vote today, especially if you don't like seeing brown children caged in concentration camps, migrants who are seeking asylum being possibly shot at, women, minorities and LGBTQA folks being abused by the government, wealthy billionaires getting unnecessary tax cuts while the rest of us get **** ed, wants to see healthcare become a right and not a privilege, wants to see the Mueller investigation continue without obstruction so that these traitors end up dying in jail, and would like to Donald Trump's last two years in office made into a living hell.

I don't want to hear about that "both sides" or "the democrats are-" garbage either from centrist cowards or far lefties who can't hold their nose and vote for a corporate dem for the sake of compromise and the greater good. If you don't like corporate dems, get off of your ass and vote in the primaries next time around for a more progressive candidate. I voted for Bob Menendez this morning and I will be right there when his next term nears its end to vote for his primary challenger. Right now? Him being in Congress is more important. This is a life or death situation for many people in this country. If you're on some crap like that, shove it right up your ass.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,822

Post#131 » by Rich Rane » Tue Nov 6, 2018 3:03 pm

Hate Menendez, but I voted for him. Hugin can kiss my ass. Dem down the line.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#132 » by Claud » Tue Nov 6, 2018 4:51 pm

GO VOTE :starwars
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#133 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 6, 2018 5:44 pm

Voted. unfortunetly no women/minorities on my ballot but either way my ballot is in
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#134 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:24 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Hate Menendez, but I voted for him. Hugin can kiss my ass. Dem down the line.

Believe me, I did not want to vote for Bob Menendez. His corruption trial was not a good look and I don't think the Feds are going to bring a felony case up if there isn't legit smoke. But at this point, I'll deal with someone for the moment that was investigated for free rides on some doctor's private jet because at least I know he's not going to be voting in favor of actively harming people.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#135 » by Rich Rane » Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Hate Menendez, but I voted for him. Hugin can kiss my ass. Dem down the line.

Believe me, I did not want to vote for Bob Menendez. His corruption trial was not a good look and I don't think the Feds are going to bring a felony case up if there isn't legit smoke. But at this point, I'll deal with someone for the moment that was investigated for free rides on some doctor's private jet because at least I know he's not going to be voting in favor of actively harming people.

Trump doesn't need another bitch boy. Jersey already did away with Christie. Menendez however needs to be primaried out next term.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#136 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 6, 2018 7:42 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Trump doesn't need another bitch boy. Jersey already did away with Christie. Menendez however needs to be primaried out next term.

Yep. And preferably in favor of a candidate who doesn't accept PAC money. Assuming he wins tonight (he should, Hugin is a Trump bootlicker), I will be grateful for Mr. Menendez's service over the next few years but once his time comes he's getting the hook.

I'll deal with Corporate dems for now but I am not voting for them in any primaries unless their track record is above reproach.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#137 » by Rich Rane » Tue Nov 6, 2018 10:52 pm

For the record, I've fully prepared myself to be disappointed by the country again.
gigantes
Starter

Post#138 » by gigantes » Wed Nov 7, 2018 12:51 am

Welp, that's done. Hope the country manages to pull itself back from the path of madness, tonight. :S
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#139 » by Rich Rane » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:07 am

Menendez won and Jersey flipped 3 seats with a slight chance of flipping a 4th.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#140 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 7, 2018 5:27 am

Based off of the data that I'm seeing the Democrats won control of The House of Representatives tonight. Over 100 women voted into the House!! :nod: that stat alone should have Trump sweating tomorrow morning on the toilet as he rage tweets :lol: :lol: :lol:

With control of the house comes subpoena power and investigations that come with criminal referrals.

Criminal referrals that will go to the FBI and also the Special Counsel's office.

And the midterms are now over. Mueller's team was adhering to Justice Department protocols to not make overt movements during an election period (something that James Comey **** ed up during the 2016 election). The indictments will resume.

Today is November 7th. It won't be long before the next Congress is sworn in and Rep. (we call her Auntie) Maxine Waters issues a subpoena to the IRS for Donald Trump's tax returns. Rep. Adam Schiff will now head the House Intel Committee. This is the part of the story where all the dirt comes pouring out.

And don't sweat Beto and Gillum losing. Those are dumb racist ass states that they were campaigning in. The fact that they lost by a percentage is proof enough that times are changing quickly, lots of ignorant racist people will die between now and 2020. They showed enough to me that they should toss their hats in the ring on the national level for Dem nomination in the primaries.

Return to Brooklyn Nets