ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#221 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:37 pm

^^take corporate money out of the two party system and that will lead to significant change. But I agree with you.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#222 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter

Another GOP Senator is running for the hills.

They all know what's coming.

Senator Alexander better hope he didn't accept any money from the NRA that can be sourced back to foreign nationals with ties to Russian intelligence. Because he'll be going to jail with the rest of the cockroaches.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#223 » by shakendfries » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Read on Twitter

politicians are sycophants. the moment for standing up to the nonsense has long passed. it is no longer brave. and anyone who does publicly defy 45 at this point is doing it to save face amidst his pending indictment.
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#224 » by shakendfries » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:22 am

Read on Twitter
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#225 » by gigantes » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:41 am

shakendfries wrote:The hijacking of our election is a symptom of a broken two-party system.

Unfortunately, that's surely one of the most-naive, most-recycled, most-toxic nonsense lines which has harmed this country for far too long.

Fact-- when you found an entire system built along the historic pursuit of money and increasing luxuries, then capital-pursuit is going to be injected in to everything, political parties included.

Fact-- when it comes to modern USA political parties, it's not a "broken two-party system" anymore. I mean, maybe it once was; maybe there were even three viable parties in play at one point, like during Teddy Roosevelt's time. But there's not "two legit, major political parties anymore." There's one, and only one, for better or worse, and that's the Dems.

Now personally I think we'd be way better off with many more legit parties, like Europe features, forcing the need to compromise and form coalitions, like Europe tends to do.

But if you're even thinking about voting for the "Republican Party" at this point, something which is barely a name anymore, and mainly a just a huge collection of scams and special interests operating the engine... what can I say? You haven't been paying attention to politics for close to 50 years at this point. You've been swallowing cheap salesmanship and not even tapping the tires of the vehicle, anymore.

(Yeap, sorry for my rudeness on this, but this is exactly what I've been talking about for some time, now)
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#226 » by shakendfries » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:46 am

how we went from my initial point "both parties are trash" to "if you even think about voting red you're a sheep being led to slaughter"?

ImageImage

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#227 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:53 am

The Democrats are not absolved entirely, special interests pollute the party as well but nowhere near as bad as the GOP. The fact that the Dems are seeing an infusion of progressive candidates who are against corporatism is a good sign.

At this point in history however, regardless of corporate money or not, it is clear who is actually concerned with good governance and the general welfare of the populace and country and who isn't. The days of saying there's no difference between Dems/Repubs are long gone. The GOP is actively trying to harm the population. Like literally kill people.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#228 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Watch this space. Won't surprise me if the word "espionage" starts getting burn in the public discourse sooner than later.

Michael Flynn's sentencing is today also.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#229 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:29 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Watch this space. Won't surprise me if the word "espionage" starts getting burn in the public discourse sooner than later.

This is enormous... if Mueller can prove that the trump administration was workign with russia in a ploy to remove sanctions that is straight up treason and life in prison for all involved.

it blows my mind that these middle america "patriots" who are all '"murica" and 2nd ammendament and constitutional rights and all about the military cans till support trump and the NRA when they are basically working as russian operatives and systematically dismantaling this country.

I just hope that some good comes out of this, and there is a massive overhaul of our political system creating laws to remove lobbyists from washington and get rid of corporate and outside interests so our govenment canw ork without bias for the people
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#230 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is enormous... if Mueller can prove that the trump administration was workign with russia in a ploy to remove sanctions that is straight up treason and life in prison for all involved.

it blows my mind that these middle america "patriots" who are all '"murica" and 2nd ammendament and constitutional rights and all about the military cans till support trump and the NRA when they are basically working as russian operatives and systematically dismantaling this country.

I just hope that some good comes out of this, and there is a massive overhaul of our political system creating laws to remove lobbyists from washington and get rid of corporate and outside interests so our govenment canw ork without bias for the people

If Mueller's team proves that these bastards committed treason (which is certainly up for debate, but Russia is a legitimate hostile enemy who waged an attack on our electoral process) or at bare minimum espionage, which I think we are seriously coming close to seeing revealed, the death penalty should be 100% in play. This is unprecedented and the perps should not be treated with kid gloves. Someone needs to be strapped to the executioner's table and put to sleep permanently as a warning to anyone who would dare try to do this again.

While waiting to see what lies in store for Michael Flynn (who I don't expect to see a lot of jail time based on Mueller's sentencing recommendation, which while disappointing it also means Flynn sold Trump to the wolves), the first domino in Trump's business empire has fallen:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

There is no escape. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#231 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Traitors deserve the business end of the bull rope fashioned into a noose. I hope the judge ignores Mueller's sentencing recommendation and gives Flynn some decent time in the slammer. It's bad enough George Papadapolous only got two weeks and came out of jail running his mouth. He should have been thrown in jail for 5 years

edit: holy god the judge at this hearing is not playing

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,827

Post#232 » by Rich Rane » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote: :o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read on Twitter

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#233 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Traitors deserve the business end of the bull rope fashioned into a noose. I hope the judge ignores Mueller's sentencing recommendation and gives Flynn some decent time in the slammer. It's bad enough George Papadapolous only got two weeks and came out of jail running his mouth. He should have been thrown in jail for 5 years

edit: holy god the judge at this hearing is not playing

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, i get that Mueller has bigger targets and he is relying some on cooperation.... but this guy walks out a free man while you have black dudes serving 25 year non-violent sentences for marjuana possesion while some 20 year old white chick sells weed brownies in colorado and makes bank

what a country. :banghead:
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#234 » by shakendfries » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:03 pm

cnn fired this dude :nonono: these networks prefer hot-take reactions to soundbites over actual social advocacy/journalism

ImageImage

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#235 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Flynn's sentencing was delayed so that he can snitch some more, because after how that judge lit him and his lawyers up today for trying to lie and say that he was "tricked" into lying to the FBI, he was definitely going to jail.

I hope the judge keeps that same energy in March and still locks him up for 3 to 5.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#236 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:17 pm

shakendfries wrote:

cnn fired this dude :nonono: these networks prefer hot-take reactions to soundbites over actual social advocacy/journalism

CNN prefers talking heads like Rick Santorum who lies repeatedly on air for ratings.

If the media did their damn jobs instead of using the news cycle as a cash grab, Trump's crimes would have been exposed in 2015, not 2018.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#237 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:13 pm

shakendfries wrote:

CNN is no better then fox news... anything owned by old rich american white dudes is gonna be all about money and their self interests

there really is no domestic source for unbiased coverage
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#238 » by Rich Rane » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

CNN prefers talking heads like Rick Santorum who lies repeatedly on air for ratings.

If the media did their damn jobs instead of using the news cycle as a cash grab, Trump's crimes would have been exposed in 2015, not 2018.

Trump's racism was well documented by the media for decades and people still voted for him. I highly doubt exposing his crimes would've swayed the people who voted for him back in 2016. Even more :censored: up? With everything that's come out this Presidency, I have doubts it changes a lot of people's minds now.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#239 » by Prokorov » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

Trump's racism was well documented by the media for decades and people still voted for him. I highly doubt exposing his crimes would've swayed the people who voted for him back in 2016. Even more :censored: up? With everything that's come out this Presidency, I have doubts it changes a lot of people's minds now.

people voted for trump BECAUSE he was racist
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#240 » by Rich Rane » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

people voted for trump BECAUSE he was racist

Which is why I don't think many voters would change their minds about him now just because he's a criminal. Trump, the man with a golden toilet, will always be thought of as one of them somehow.

Return to Brooklyn Nets