Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III 

Post#681 » by IceManBK1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:50 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Lakers looking for a 3rd team to trade for Ariza with the suns by unloading kcp. How about we trade dinweedi to suns and get mikal bridges and take on exp k of kcp? Suns need play making PG.
Mikal bridges has 7'1 wingspan. If he could play the same way in college he would be our 3D guy. Kcp contract expires after this year. We don't have to resign him. But he could hold down fort at SG before Levert comes back.

The Phoenix Suns would have to accept Carroll and Dinwiddie for KCP and Bridges to get this done.

I'm not against it if Marks decides that its the best move. We get a young wing prospect and an expiring, and one less free agent to resign.

but for F*cks sake, please spell Dinwiddie's name right. every time you post that dumb ass alternate spelling its annoying af . stop trolling. seriously. Every time you post that "dinweedi" crap you come across as being ignorant as ****

I don't mind giving them carroll; as long as we get bridges and perhaps they can add dragan bender too. bender was former lottery pick who's buried in their bench. we can give him 2nd chance and see how he performs.
Mosdefinition
Senior
And1: 116

Post#682 » by Mosdefinition » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:21 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Lakers looking for a 3rd team to trade for Ariza with the suns by unloading kcp. How about we trade dinweedi to suns and get mikal bridges and take on exp k of kcp? Suns need play making PG.
Mikal bridges has 7'1 wingspan. If he could play the same way in college he would be our 3D guy. Kcp contract expires after this year. We don't have to resign him. But he could hold down fort at SG before Levert comes back.

The Phoenix Suns would have to accept Carroll and Dinwiddie for KCP and Bridges to get this done.

I'm not against it if Marks decides that its the best move. We get a young wing prospect and an expiring, and one less free agent to resign.

but for F*cks sake, please spell Dinwiddie's name right. every time you post that dumb ass alternate spelling its annoying af . stop trolling. seriously. Every time you post that "dinweedi" crap you come across as being ignorant as ****

I don't mind giving them carroll; as long as we get bridges and perhaps they can add dragan bender too. bender was former lottery pick who's buried in their bench. we can give him 2nd chance and see how he performs.

I'd figure out some way to ship Crabbe out in this deal he'd actually be great next to Bron

As long as teams like LAL have cap space it's going to be difficult
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#683 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:17 pm

shakendfries wrote:

KCP, for some inexplicable reason, has a no-trade clause in his contract. If the Nets trade for him, I don't think we'd plan on re-signing him, which his agent will likely vouch for

He has veto rights because he signed a 1 year deal and will have full bird rights after this season. If he's traded, he loses his bird rights.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#684 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Mosdefinition wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I'd figure out some way to ship Crabbe out in this deal he'd actually be great next to Bron

As long as teams like LAL have cap space it's going to be difficult
Ariza to LA, Crabbe+Dinwiddie+lesser of LA/DEN 1st to PHX, KCP+MIL 1st + Greater of LA/DEN 1st to BKN or something like that. In a 3+ team deal, each team must exchange pieces with at least 2 other teams.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#685 » by DarkXaero » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:54 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Current FA wish list...

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Ideally 2.
Why not...

Dump Russell, RHJ, Crabbe for cap.
Resign Napier and Davis.

Dinwiddie l Napier
LeVert l Harris
Kawhi l Musa
Durant l Kurucs
Allen l Davis
+
2019 1st
NYK 2nd
Ring chasing vets.

let me help you here.

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Take your pick. Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard aren't coming to the Nets. I dunno why yall do this to yourselves.

Tell me why they shouldn't come to the Nets, assuming that Durant is leaving Warriors.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,861

Post#686 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:30 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:Current FA wish list...

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Ideally 2.
Why not...

Dump Russell, RHJ, Crabbe for cap.
Resign Napier and Davis.

Dinwiddie l Napier
LeVert l Harris
Kawhi l Musa
Durant l Kurucs
Allen l Davis
+
2019 1st
NYK 2nd
Ring chasing vets.

let me help you here.

Leonard
Durant
Harris
Butler
Walker
Middleton

Take your pick. Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard aren't coming to the Nets. I dunno why yall do this to yourselves.

Tell me why they shouldn't come to the Nets, assuming that Durant is leaving Warriors.

The Nets are 10-18 and have a pack of young players who are either inconsistent or have substantial questions going into free agency.

Now its your turn. Tell me why they should come to the Nets?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#687 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
let me help you here.

The Nets are 10-18 and have a pack of young players who are either inconsistent or have substantial questions going into free agency.

Record is irrelevant... we saw Butler put us on his short list before the season started with us coming off an trio of horrid seasons. Why would Kahwi come here? There is the marks connection, big market, and as weve seen his impact is enormous. we are a lock 55 win team if all we did was add kahwi. We can also put a max guy next to him. Sell him on playing with klay, kemba, whomever.

The record thing is so dumb to me... who cares what our record is when none of those guys who earned that record will be on the team with Kahwi?
DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#688 » by DarkXaero » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
let me help you here.

We're 10-18 after our best player went down. Also the record is completely irrelevant, when you're adding two top 5 players in the league who will catapult the team to 60+ wins and instant championship contention. So lets go into the reasons:

1) Biggest market in the US in NYC
2) A young core led by Caris Levert, who showed all star potential, along with Jarrett Allen & whoever turns out to be our 2019 lotto pick. Thats not considering Kurucs & Musa who have also shown promise.
3)One of the best arenas in the league, along with one of the best training facilities in the NBA.
4)A FO with a great reputation, and one that favors modern basketball & analytical approach, plus widely praised by players & agents for taking care of its players.
5)A head coach who has developed a reputation around the league as player friendly and someone who gets his team playing a good brand of basketball, along with high effort.
6) The chance to build a great legacy and history with a franchise which doesn't have much of it.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#689 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:43 am

DW playing the best b-ball of his life...i give him credit. but should we also try to sell high on him? i might get blasted for this. but DW to Pelicans for Mirotic esp now Randle has taken over the starting PF spot isn't a bad idea. Mirotic playing really good bball with the Pelicans too. It's a RFA for UFA trade. the ultimate ques is, do the nets wanna extend DW. If not, then they should really look into this trade. It benefits both sides. NO needs a PG since elfrid peyton is down; and we need a bigger and better stretch 4 than RHJ. Kurocs is decent but i don't think his time to start is up yet. He's a bit outta control at times. We need a more experienced PF like Mirotic.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#690 » by Claud » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:44 am

IceManBK1 wrote:DW playing the best b-ball of his life...i give him credit. but should we also try to sell high on him? i might get blasted for this. but DW to Pelicans for Mirotic esp now Randle has taken over the starting PF spot isn't a bad idea. Mirotic playing really good bball with the Pelicans too. It's a RFA for UFA trade. the ultimate ques is, do the nets wanna extend DW. If not, then they should really look into this trade. It benefits both sides. NO needs a PG since elfrid peyton is down; and we need a bigger and better stretch 4 than RHJ. Kurocs is decent but i don't think his time to start is up yet. He's a bit outta control at times. We need a more experienced PF like Mirotic.

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#691 » by kamaze » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:00 am

IceManBK1 wrote:DW playing the best b-ball of his life...i give him credit. but should we also try to sell high on him? i might get blasted for this. but DW to Pelicans for Mirotic esp now Randle has taken over the starting PF spot isn't a bad idea. Mirotic playing really good bball with the Pelicans too. It's a RFA for UFA trade. the ultimate ques is, do the nets wanna extend DW. If not, then they should really look into this trade. It benefits both sides. NO needs a PG since elfrid peyton is down; and we need a bigger and better stretch 4 than RHJ. Kurocs is decent but i don't think his time to start is up yet. He's a bit outta control at times. We need a more experienced PF like Mirotic.

Who cares what any other team needs WE need Dinwiddie.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#692 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:20 am

lol if we want Mirotic we can offer him a contract in July. You're not fooling anyone with this.

Relax dude D'Angelo Russell will be okay.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#693 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:22 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:Tell me why they shouldn't come to the Nets, assuming that Durant is leaving Warriors.

We're 10-18 after our best player went down. Also the record is completely irrelevant, when you're adding two top 5 players in the league who will catapult the team to 60+ wins and instant championship contention. So lets go into the reasons:

2) A young core led by Caris Levert, who showed all star potential, along with Jarrett Allen & whoever turns out to be our 2019 lotto pick. Thats not considering Kurucs & Musa who have also shown promise.
3)One of the best arenas in the league, along with one of the best training facilities in the NBA.
4)A FO with a great reputation, and one that favors modern basketball & analytical approach, plus widely praised by players & agents for taking care of its players.
5)A head coach who has developed a reputation around the league as player friendly and someone who gets his team playing a good brand of basketball, along with high effort.
6) The chance to build a great legacy and history with a franchise which doesn't have much of it.

I don't think any of these things are selling points. if we had a winning record, all of this sounds way better.

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#694 » by DarkXaero » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I don't think any of these things are selling points. if we had a winning record, all of this sounds way better.
You'd have to be a complete hater with an agenda to dismiss all of those points. And once again, a winning record is irrelevant, when you're adding two top 5 players at once.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#695 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 am

I'm not being a hater dude I'm serious. If we were 17-10, all of the points you laid out sound great.

at 11-18, they really don't, it sounds like fluff. I'm just trying to give an opinion about it looking outside of my love for this team. put yourself in other people's shoes how great is all of this when you look at our record?

DarkXaero
RealGM

Post#696 » by DarkXaero » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:53 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm not being a hater dude I'm serious. If we were 17-10, all of the points you laid out sound great.

at 11-18, they really don't, it sounds like fluff. I'm just trying to give an opinion about it looking outside of my love for this team. put yourself in other people's shoes how great is all of this when you look at our record?
I don't even understand what relevance our record has in this discussion. The points I've made have nothing to do with our record. Do you seriously think that KD & Kawhi on the same team together would be worried about the team's record the year before? That team would be an instant championship contender & easily the best team in the East just on the basis of those two, and depending on where our 2019 pick lands, we could be in the conversation to make a trade for a third star (package Crabbe, Harris expirings + 2019 lotto pick). But you're worried about our record being 11-18?? You think Lebron & Bosh were worried that Heat lost 4-1 in the first round before they joined the Heat?

If you were to tell me that the Clippers have a better case here to land both and that it makes more sense, I would completely agree with you. But after the Clippers, its us. The Knicks will struggle to get a 2nd max slot. The Lakers can land one max, but no star wants to go there to play with Lebron. Who else is left?

Dinwiddie
Levert/Crabbe
Kawhi/Harris
Durant
Jarrett Allen

+ 2019 lotto pick, Kurucs, Musa etc.

How is that not extremely appealing??
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#697 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:58 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

lol if we want Mirotic we can offer him a contract in July. You're not fooling anyone with this.

Relax dude D'Angelo Russell will be okay.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebirdwrites.com/platform/amp/2018/12/12/18137335/new-orleans-pelicans-nba-trade-rumors-anthony-davis-tyreke-rondo-ariza-jeremy-lin-burke-bazemore

What if pelicans offer 1st rounder+Mirotic for seth like DW+Dudley or Carroll. We have nth to lose if Mirotic bolts but gained another 1st round pick. Man esp if pelicans willing to trade Randle for DW+1 of our trash bigs I'd personally pack those guys bags for them. If Randle picks up his PO for 19-20 season. Randle is similar to Zion IMO with more height and size.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#698 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:02 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I'm not being a hater dude I'm serious. If we were 17-10, all of the points you laid out sound great.

I don't even understand what relevance our record has in this discussion. The points I've made have nothing to do with our record. Do you seriously think that KD & Kawhi on the same team together would be worried about the team's record the year before? That team would be an instant championship contender & easily the best team in the East just on the basis of those two, and depending on where our 2019 pick lands, we could be in the conversation to make a trade for a third star (package Crabbe, Harris expirings + 2019 lotto pick). But you're worried about our record being 11-18?? You think Lebron & Bosh were worried that Heat lost 4-1 in the first round before they joined the Heat?

If you were to tell me that the Clippers have a better case here to land both and that it makes more sense, I would completely agree with you. But after the Clippers, its us. The Knicks will struggle to get a 2nd max slot. The Lakers can land one max, but no star wants to go there to play with Lebron. Who else is left?

Dinwiddie
Levert/Crabbe
Kawhi/Harris
Durant
Jarrett Allen

Durant would go to Knicks than nets. We might have a chance with kawhi Sean Mark's good frds with his uncle I think and we got all the ex spurs staff on this team. But it all depends how far the Raptors go in postseason.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#699 » by Rockice_24 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:40 pm

I got to agree here as unlikely as it is they both come here unless they were plannign on teaming up with LBJ which it seems like nobody wants especially KD then what other options are out there for them.

LAC
NYK
BK

Those seem like the best options.

LAC has the weather and LA allure which is huge for them. They can offer both a max deal but basically have to gut their roster to do so. Yes they are a winning basketball team but many of the guys contributing to the wins won't even be there. It would be like SGA and Harrell left on the roster. Not exactly a great supporting cast.

NYK is constantly linked to KD but why. Yes they are a massive fan base in the NY market but the guy you hope to pair up with KP is coming off a big injury and has shown that he is injury prone over his career. I don't think Knox, THJ, and their 2019 1st is exciting enough for Durant.

The Nets can offer the NY market and an actual team just by releasing D-Lo and RHJ cap hold. The rest of the roster would be Din, Harris, Musa, Kurucs, Allen, Levert, Crabbe and our 2019 1st likely top 10 plus others.

I really think the Nets can be the best situation for both if they are interested. Just have to hope Marks connection to Kawhi and KC wanting to play in NY is enough to lure them both.

Levert
Harris
Durant
Kawhi
Allen

Bench: Din, Crabbe, 2019 1st (wing), Kurucs, Davis (resigned vet min), DEN 1st (lob and block C)
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#700 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:45 pm

DarkXaero wrote:

Dinwiddie
Levert/Crabbe
Kawhi/Harris
Durant
Jarrett Allen

Quoting myself here:

MrDollarBills wrote:Listen. I know the benefits of joining the Nets. You don't have to sell me on it.

Selling it to people outside of this fanbase and franchise however is a whole other animal. Perception is everything. records matter.

I dare any one of you to go into the cess pool known as the General Board and try to claim Kevin Durant and Kawhi Leonard will be coming to the Nets next offseason based on the reasons you're presenting and see what happens. I dare each and every one of you. Do it. There is a reason why I'm skeptical and tempered about all of this, is because I'm trying NOT to view this from the perspective of a Nets fan.

Prok, Dark, Speedy, etc. I dare you. Make the thread on the GB. List these reasons. Lets see what people who aren't Nets fans will say

I'm 100% serious.

I know the appeals and benefits. I am not the one to be sold on this, I absolutely think Durant/Leonard would be perfect to come here with what we have building. However, taking an objective look, I don't think we're a better appeal than the Clippers who are winning right now and will have the cap space to sign to max players.

Return to Brooklyn Nets