Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III 

Post#1441 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 7, 2019 4:27 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:
Don't know enough about his ego to comment and he did get punched this year by a teammate which is a very bad look considering the team stood up for the puncher. I do think we have a strong HC and locker room so he'd either buy in or sit on the end of the bench.

What good is a rental who sits on the end of the bench? why bring in a guy who isnt better then what you have for 3 months if he could potentially cause issues? 0 upside and we shouldnt be renting guys anyhow in our position.

As for a player I think you are a bit harsh on him. He's not a terrible defender just not all that great and probably not all that motivated in NO. It's amazing what some winning and effort will do on D. I think you are highly overrating Carroll's defense. He's not really great either. Mirotic is a much better offensive player then Carroll and I love his effort and energy. Mirotic can light it up and do it at an efficient clip when motivated.

Carroll is undeniably better on both ends... and offensively doesnt need a ton of touches. Mirtotic is only good with touches and doesnt do the things we need from our 4 man... driving and moving without the ball. its as bad a fit as possible.

I get the risk but getting the motivated Mirotic would be a nice offensive spark and would fit nicely in our offense.

I'm not giving anything up other then an expiring like Dudley and a future 2nd though.

I do want to see this team fully healthy though with Graham playing well at the 4 and Crabbe and Levert back in the rotation.

i wouldnt give up just dudley. dudley does more for this team in street clothers then mirotic would on the floor. id need to get paid to take on mirotic. also, i dont want to trade for a guy who isnt motivated on his current team and got punched in the face on his prior team. guy is a low level role player
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1442 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 5:35 pm

Frank Kaminisky?
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#1443 » by Born_Ready » Thu Feb 7, 2019 5:50 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Frank Kaminisky?

Always a forgotten commodity. Not sure he fits defensively, but would be an ideal stretch, and could possibly flourish in Kenny's system.

Is Frank not apart of the Gasol trade talks? If not, a flier on him might be a decent move for sure. 2nd round pick, or a swap for Allan Crabbe.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1444 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:12 pm

Damn

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1445 » by Paradise » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:14 pm

1. JaMychal Green
2. Noah Vonleh
3. Julius Randle
4. Markieff Morris
5. Frank Kaminisky
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1446 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:05 pm

Paradise wrote:

1. JaMychal Green
2. Noah Vonleh
3. Julius Randle
4. Markieff Morris
5. Frank Kaminisky

Saw Frank can babe a potential buyout... If so, I'd think we should be on top of that... Fits the offensive system to a T
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1447 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:06 pm

Btw, all the top East teams seriously upgraded... It's going to be a battle. First Rd upset by Nets may not be that great of a chance anymore
The ModFather

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,841

Post#1448 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:09 pm

I'm pretty sure we're going to be stomped in the first round but hey i'd be happy just making the post season
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Mkdaman1818
Sixth Man
And1: 1,101

Post#1449 » by Mkdaman1818 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:12 pm

Nets get Greg Monroe

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#1450 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:53 pm

I was never really expecting an upset but the only team that's proven that they can roll us is over is Milwaukee. We can compete but expecting to beat teams that are in win-now mode and trying to win a chip isn't realistic.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#1451 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:53 pm

Time to get ready for the buyout market news
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#1452 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:03 pm

As others have said, unless there was a move that made too much sense, or some crazy move out of nowhere, it was best to not mess with the chemistry this team has on and off the court just to bring in a slight upgrade such as a Tolliver, JaMychal Green, Taj Gibson, etc. This team isn't winning a chip this year, probably isn't winning a round and almost certainly isn't even getting to the ECF's, no matter what small move was made.

Them sitting on all assets, not picking up any other salary, it shows they're serious about free agency.
And tbh, keeping Crabbe for now made the most sense as well. As long as you can sign 1 max FA as is, you hold him. Cause you might need his expiring next season as salary filler and worst case he costs something like the Denver pick, or the Knix pick, or a future protected 1st to move at the time you need to.

Kawhi is certainly the guy who I hope for, but Kyrie would be my second. You play him at the 1 and Russell at the 2, with Caris or Harris at the 3, bring one of those latter 2 off the bench with Dinwiddie.

As for the buyout market, that's a little different. If you can get an Anthony Tolliver or someone like that without actually axing a guy like RHJ or Dudley, you do it.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1453 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 7, 2019 11:32 pm

Paradise wrote:

1. JaMychal Green
2. Noah Vonleh
3. Julius Randle
4. Markieff Morris
5. Frank Kaminisky

those arent the types of players markinson values at PF....
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1454 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 1:11 am

I wonder when Nets gonna address our size prob at the PF spot..mirotic was our best option in the trade market. It's gonna be trouble if we face teams like Toronto, Bucks, Pacers, Celtics in the playoffs. I don't see why we're collecting all these 2nd rd picks. I hope Randle waives his PO in the summer to join us. Again, you don't need all 5 guys to shoot 3s. KA needs to adjust the offense to fit Randle in. He's gonna bring other elements to the team. Nets could also try to move up to draft Rui Hachimura. He would be the perfect stretch 4.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1455 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 1:12 am

in other news..markieff morris getting released by pelicans. he would be a good fit too. but he's injured? don't know the extremes of the injury. Frank Kaminsky would be a nice buyout pickup.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#1456 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Feb 8, 2019 1:19 am

IceManBK1 wrote:in other news..markieff morris getting released by pelicans. he would be a good fit too. but he's injured? don't know the extremes of the injury. Frank Kaminsky would be a nice buyout pickup.

Morris is better, but you wonder how he'd mesh. I wouldn't mind having Kaminsky audition for a backup C role.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1457 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 1:22 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:in other news..markieff morris getting released by pelicans. he would be a good fit too. but he's injured? don't know the extremes of the injury. Frank Kaminsky would be a nice buyout pickup.

Morris is better, but you wonder how he'd mesh. I wouldn't mind having Kaminsky audition for a backup C role.

i thought kaminsky could play the 4 spot too?
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1458 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 1:26 am

TheNetsFan wrote:

Seems like Morris' cleared for full contact activity during allstar break with a neck injury.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1459 » by SpeedyG » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:50 am

Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:

1. JaMychal Green
2. Noah Vonleh
3. Julius Randle
4. Markieff Morris
5. Frank Kaminisky

Does Motijunas fit the mold of PF that Sean doesn't like?

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#1460 » by LOUiS-D » Fri Feb 8, 2019 3:08 am

SpeedyG wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Paradise wrote:1. JaMychal Green
2. Noah Vonleh
3. Julius Randle
4. Markieff Morris
5. Frank Kaminisky

Does Motijunas fit the mold of PF that Sean doesn't like?

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

He took a swing at Jah too. I think some of his earlier moves were throwing **** at the wall to see if anything stuck because that was his only means of acquiring talent. Now we have something. An eastern conference marginal playoff something. There's a clear future core of DLo/Din/LeV/JA. There are fewer gaps in the roster where new guys can audition for bigger roles and the needs are more specific. The pattern to be a Nets 4 man seems to be someone who can play 5 out and not just as a spot up shooter. Someone who can also drive to the basket, is mobile defensively and is physical enough to switch onto opposing centers.

Return to Brooklyn Nets