ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III 

Post#1661 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:08 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:Crabbe+our pick for Aaron Gordon. Denver's 1st for Taurean prince.

Dlo
Harris
Prince
Gordon
Allen

I’ve quietly been thinking whether Crabbe+Dinwiddie for Gordon would have legs. It gets Orlando a known commodity at PG, lands us a PF and opens a max slot.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1662 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 1, 2019 11:43 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Crabbe+our pick for Aaron Gordon. Denver's 1st for Taurean prince.

Dlo
Harris
Prince
Gordon
Allen

I’ve quietly been thinking whether Crabbe+Dinwiddie for Gordon would have legs. It gets Orlando a known commodity at PG, lands us a PF and opens a max slot.

I like this better in a 3 team deal where gordon is sent elsewhere. if we have max money, its for a F. maybe we could bring in a pick in place of gordon.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#1663 » by SpeedyG » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Dlo
Harris
Prince
Gordon
Allen

I like this better in a 3 team deal where gordon is sent elsewhere. if we have max money, its for a F. maybe we could bring in a pick in place of gordon.
I think he's looking at this deal with the assumption that were striking out on Kawhi/durant/Tobias and thus Aaron Gordon is our last resort

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#1664 » by Prokorov » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:25 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I’ve quietly been thinking whether Crabbe+Dinwiddie for Gordon would have legs. It gets Orlando a known commodity at PG, lands us a PF and opens a max slot.

I think he's looking at this deal with the assumption that were striking out on Kawhi/durant/Tobias and thus Aaron Gordon is our last resort

if thats the case then the "opens up a max slot" portion is irrelevant
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#1665 » by SpeedyG » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:01 pm

Prokorov wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Well, yes and no.

With Crabbe's contract gone, we can go after a Kemba/Kyrie (especially with the logjam at G gone after dealing Spencer).

And while there isn't another max free agent we would like to spend our remaining space on, it does allow to bring back our remaining guys or go after another mid tier guy (more reliable replacement for Crabbe, for example ). We could also utilize the open space to absorb contracts for draft picks.

PG - Russell, Caris
SG - Kyrie/Kemba, Musa
SF - Joe, Demarre
PF - Gordon, Rodi, Rondae
C - Allen, Davis

Longshot scenario (need to run numbers) deal Allen, Caris, Rodi our 1st for Davis (immediate cap relief for Pels).

PG - Russell, Napier
SG - Kyrie, Musa
SF - Joe
PF - Gordon, Rondae
C - Davis, Davis

No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1666 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 2, 2019 9:34 am

Heard you have interest in Baskonia's Vincent Poirier, french big man (7-0, 240) but mobile, physical, monster on the boards, likes to dunk it, runs the floor, he has some limitations on D, not a whole lot of bulk although he is physical, and like every big he can be schemed out to some degree, but I do think he is ready to contribute and should be good as a back-up Center

Not sure how much money he will command, probably more than the minimum
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1667 » by kamaze » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:39 am

Fischella wrote:Heard you have interest in Baskonia's Vincent Poirier, french big man (7-0, 240) but mobile, physical, monster on the boards, likes to dunk it, runs the floor, he has some limitations on D, not a whole lot of bulk although he is physical, and like every big he can be schemed out to some degree, but I do think he is ready to contribute and should be good as a back-up Center

Not sure how much money he will command, probably more than the minimum

He looks good in highlights what's his problem on defense?

I like Goga Bitadze and Bruno Fernando for us as well. A 1 2 punch with Jarrett Allen in Brooklyn would be a problem for other teams.
Or they could use their 1st round pick on Tyler Herro.

I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#1668 » by No-Man » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:42 am

Bitadze is going lotto, I'd not pick Bruno if I were you (doubling on Centers it's very dumb)

Poirier is a bit slow/lacks quick-twitch to defend in the NBA, esp if you consider that he ain't super strong/big to just stand back and defend the rim, he is fine there

Good enough for a back-up, maybe situational starter (like for 15-20minpg in a team loaded at other positions)
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#1669 » by kamaze » Tue Apr 2, 2019 12:43 pm

I meant they'd pick one of those centers.

Thanks for the info on Poirer. Do you know of any good prospects around 6'6 in europe?
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#1670 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Apr 3, 2019 12:28 am

SpeedyG wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:I think he's looking at this deal with the assumption that were striking out on Kawhi/durant/Tobias and thus Aaron Gordon is our last resort

Well, yes and no.

With Crabbe's contract gone, we can go after a Kemba/Kyrie (especially with the logjam at G gone after dealing Spencer).

And while there isn't another max free agent we would like to spend our remaining space on, it does allow to bring back our remaining guys or go after another mid tier guy (more reliable replacement for Crabbe, for example ). We could also utilize the open space to absorb contracts for draft picks.

PG - Russell, Caris
SG - Kyrie/Kemba, Musa
SF - Joe, Demarre
PF - Gordon, Rodi, Rondae
C - Allen, Davis

Longshot scenario (need to run numbers) deal Allen, Caris, Rodi our 1st for Davis (immediate cap relief for Pels).

PG - Russell, Napier
SG - Kyrie, Musa
SF - Joe
PF - Gordon, Rondae
C - Davis, Davis

This. A move like this opens up more options. I like Dinwiddie, but Kyrie, Kemba, Bledsoe and Brogdon are all FA upgrades, and that’s just PGs. By swapping for a forward, we can add an off guard or wing instead.

We could also land another F and start both.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#1671 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:12 pm

If the Celts and Lakers come in light with offers for AD the Nets should definitely offer something along the lines of Allen, Caris, 2 frp's and a couple 2nd's for him, at least and especially if they feel they have another big FA in the bag.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#1672 » by SpeedyG » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:25 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:If the Celts and Lakers come in light with offers for AD the Nets should definitely offer something along the lines of Allen, Caris, 2 frp's and a couple 2nd's for him, at least and especially if they feel they have another big FA in the bag.
Especially if they get Langdon :)

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#1673 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Apr 3, 2019 4:26 pm

I think trading for AD should be on the table no matter what. Prob as a plan C or D but we have to see what the Pels would be willing to accept.

Our organisation culture is a huge strength and he'd be an instant mega star in the biggest market(Brooklyn/NYC). Why leave that to join a aging LBJ in LA?(unless he wants to be in hollywood).

I think out package could be just as good as the Celtics, especially since Tatum has had a bit of a sophomore slump.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#1674 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Apr 3, 2019 5:21 pm

I don't want AD if we have to trade for him. We don't know if hes staying or not.

Would way rather sign him next off season. I'm happy with building organically.

Tearing apart our team should not be an option.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#1675 » by SpeedyG » Wed Apr 3, 2019 5:43 pm

AD is a very very veeeerrryyyyy long shot. I just brought it up as an example of keeping our options open. I did run the numbers and the long shot scenario I mentioned doesn't work unless it's a 3 way with Crabbe or Gordon going to Pels.

Gordon scenario is also not likely, as Orlando might be pressured to keep him since they are making a run, therefore cutting into the cap space needed to absorb the Spencer/Crabbe deal

moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1676 » by moonpie » Wed Apr 3, 2019 8:52 pm

Read on Twitter
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#1677 » by SpeedyG » Wed Apr 3, 2019 10:44 pm

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter
I remember him from draft. absolutely worth a shot

TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#1678 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 4, 2019 12:57 am

AD is not as long of a shot as one may think. Unless the Lakers hit the lottery, I don’t think they have the assets. The two “big” pieces are out with season ending issues. Ingram had clots. Not sure if it’s at all close to Mirza /Bosh level, but that’s a red flag.

If Kyrie walks, does Ainge have the guts to make an AD deal with no assurances?

Return to Brooklyn Nets