ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets Offseason Moves & Possible Trade Ideas III 

Post#701 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:09 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:DW playing the best b-ball of his life...i give him credit. but should we also try to sell high on him? i might get blasted for this. but DW to Pelicans for Mirotic esp now Randle has taken over the starting PF spot isn't a bad idea. Mirotic playing really good bball with the Pelicans too. It's a RFA for UFA trade. the ultimate ques is, do the nets wanna extend DW. If not, then they should really look into this trade. It benefits both sides. NO needs a PG since elfrid peyton is down; and we need a bigger and better stretch 4 than RHJ. Kurocs is decent but i don't think his time to start is up yet. He's a bit outta control at times. We need a more experienced PF like Mirotic.

this would piss me off to the point were id break something.

why would we give up someone we can go over the cap for who has a small cap hold for Mirotic who doesnt have a small cap hold and is a free agent at years end we could sign without moving dinwiddie. nevermind that mirotic is basically just an older more expensive kurucs.

Id move dinwiddie in a second for picks or in a package for ana ll-star
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#702 » by Prokorov » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
The Nets are 10-18 and have a pack of young players who are either inconsistent or have substantial questions going into free agency.

Now its your turn. Tell me why they should come to the Nets?
We're 10-18 after our best player went down. Also the record is completely irrelevant, when you're adding two top 5 players in the league who will catapult the team to 60+ wins and instant championship contention. So lets go into the reasons:

1) Biggest market in the US in NYC
2) A young core led by Caris Levert, who showed all star potential, along with Jarrett Allen & whoever turns out to be our 2019 lotto pick. Thats not considering Kurucs & Musa who have also shown promise.
3)One of the best arenas in the league, along with one of the best training facilities in the NBA.
4)A FO with a great reputation, and one that favors modern basketball & analytical approach, plus widely praised by players & agents for taking care of its players.
5)A head coach who has developed a reputation around the league as player friendly and someone who gets his team playing a good brand of basketball, along with high effort.
6) The chance to build a great legacy and history with a franchise which doesn't have much of it.

I don't think any of these things are selling points. if we had a winning record, all of this sounds way better.

record = irrelevant.

what matters is:
-caps pace to team multiple guys up
-assets to trade for a third guy (picks + young players)
-a coach who doesnt alienate guys
-a GM who doesnt alienate guys
-Market

Kahwi isnt going to be like "we are going to suck... no way me klay thompson and kemba can compete in the east... nets only won 28 games last year! we need to go to a team that won 45 games!"
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#703 » by DeRoma » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:25 am

I can see a trade for RHJ and Crabbe for Jabari Parker
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,991

Post#704 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:26 am

DeRoma wrote:I can see a trade for RHJ and Crabbe for Jabari Parker

The same Jabari Parker that can't crack the rotation of a 6-22 team? the same one shooting 29% from 3pt land making

*sees 20 million dollar team option next season*

so hey whats good with offering Chicago a deal for Jabari Parker?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#705 » by DeRoma » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:48 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

The same Jabari Parker that can't crack the rotation of a 6-22 team? the same one shooting 29% from 3pt land making

He is a cheap answer for us not giving up draft pick while we get rid of Crabbe's contract. We also give him a chance to tryout for this team since it's not like he is a complete scrub. The Bulls system can also be the reason why he is not playing well. Their system is completely dysfunctional and have an awful mesh of players. The whole entire team is filled with playmakers and they run iso ball majority of the time to score. Parker can potentially flourish with our team without us taking a big risk. This is a complete Marks move IMO.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#706 » by kamaze » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:01 am

DeRoma wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He is a cheap answer for us not giving up draft pick while we get rid of Crabbe's contract. We also give him a chance to tryout for this team since it's not like he is a complete scrub. The Bulls system can also be the reason why he is not playing well. Their system is completely dysfunctional and have an awful mesh of players. The whole entire team is filled with playmakers and they run iso ball majority of the time to score. Parker can potentially flourish with our team without us taking a big risk. This is a complete Marks move IMO.

If the goal is to shed Crabbe's $19,332,500 of salary adding Jabari's $20 million only makes the cap worse...
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#707 » by DeRoma » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:09 am

kamaze wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

If the goal is to shed Crabbe's $19,332,500 of salary adding Jabari's $20 million only makes the cap worse...

He is an expiring with a team option next year. Just decline and he is an expiring.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#708 » by kamaze » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:23 am

Crabbe's contract bothers some fans more than it does the team.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
gambakupu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#709 » by gambakupu » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:24 am

Is there a possibility to renegotiate crabbe's deal? a scenario where he opts out and sign a 2-3 years of ~10 mil ?
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#710 » by DeRoma » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:24 am

gambakupu wrote:Is there a possibility to renegotiate crabbe's deal? a scenario where he opts out and sign a 2-3 years of ~10 mil ?

Yes waive and stretch him.
gambakupu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#711 » by gambakupu » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 am

DeRoma wrote:
gambakupu wrote:Is there a possibility to renegotiate crabbe's deal? a scenario where he opts out and sign a 2-3 years of ~10 mil ?

I meant in case we want to retain him and he wants to stay, is it legal (CBAwise) to do what i suggested?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#712 » by Paradise » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:12 pm

So, we’ve been sending scouts to Phoenix multiple times...

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#713 » by Prokorov » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:47 pm

kamaze wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

jabari is a team option, we woulddecline the option
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#714 » by Prokorov » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Paradise wrote:So, we’ve been sending scouts to Phoenix multiple times...

Read on Twitter

my guess is we werent there for ariza but for other players as we might be involved in facilitating an ariza deal. now that dinwiddie signed we likely use all our cap to take on salary and eventually give new deals to dlo and rhj
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#715 » by shakendfries » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:38 pm

I dissed the weakazz Bulls organization and now their trolls have appeared suggesting stupidazz sht like trading for Parker and Mirotic smh
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#716 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:45 pm

DeRoma wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I could care less about Parker flourishing tbh, I like the fact that he would open up a massive 20 mil in cap space to offset Spencer's 10 mil hit

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#717 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:47 pm

gambakupu wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

I meant in case we want to retain him and he wants to stay, is it legal (CBAwise) to do what i suggested?

that is against the CBA rules.

DeRoma
Veteran

Post#718 » by DeRoma » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Read on Twitter

I think possible trade scenario is:

Dlo+Graham for Bridges+Bender

Dlo+Crabbe+RHJ for Ariza+Bender+(Bridges or Jackson)
DeRoma
Veteran

Post#719 » by DeRoma » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:48 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I could care less about Parker flourishing tbh, I like the fact that he would open up a massive 20 mil in cap space to offset Spencer's 10 mil hit

I'm just saying the positives out of this obviously i'd rather want us to have the cap space for even suggesting this
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#720 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Russell for Josh Jackson and Bender's expiring? I really don't want to part ways with Russell tbh but I have no clue whats going to happen.

Return to Brooklyn Nets