ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#101 » by bud29 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:49 am

The Hawks may be lucky to win 20 games this year.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#102 » by shakendfries » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:05 am

The Jazz just dropped 81 in the 1st half against Golden State - they must be some version of what Kenny had in mind. Crazy thing is, at this rate, Allen is shaping out to be a more well rounded player than Gobert. Spooky things happening in Brooklyn, especially if we get our hands on one of the Duke kids in Cam Reddish/Zion Williamson

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#103 » by LKIRNets » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:12 am

NBA offense is crazy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#104 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:59 am

shakendfries wrote:The Jazz just dropped 81 in the 1st half against Golden State - they must be some version of what Kenny had in mind. Crazy thing is, at this rate, Allen is shaping out to be a more well rounded player than Gobert. Spooky things happening in Brooklyn, especially if we get our hands on one of the Duke kids in Cam Reddish/Zion Williamson

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

We need to grab an elite prospect. Period.

this game between Utah and GS is INSANE and I'm just praying that the Warriors can win by 3 :o
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#105 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:08 am

holy **** if you missed the ignorance tonight between the Lakers and Rockets i feel for you because this is must see TV

Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo throwing actual punches, Brandon Ingram coming in old school style stealing off on some real ignorant ****. he will be suspended for days on end :lol:

Multiple ejections. fines and suspensions to come. i love this

shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#106 » by shakendfries » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:holy **** if you missed the ignorance tonight between the Lakers and Rockets i feel for you because this is must see TV

Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo throwing actual punches, Brandon Ingram coming in old school style stealing off on some real ignorant ****. he will be suspended for days on end :lol:

It was awesome! I wish there were more fights in basketball, not the huffing and puffing or the “hold me back” moments

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#107 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:15 am

and i just won money because I took Houston at -3.5.

The Lakers look crazy right now.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#108 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:31 am

shakendfries wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:holy **** if you missed the ignorance tonight between the Lakers and Rockets i feel for you because this is must see TV

It was awesome! I wish there were more fights in basketball, not the huffing and puffing or the “hold me back” moments

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

i loved it. and i won cash because of it. :lol: can't wait for the rematch

DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#109 » by DeRoma » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:42 am

LKIRNets wrote:NBA offense is crazy.

It is getting out of hand. They need to give an advantage on post up. To change the game a bit Imo
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#110 » by Papi_swav » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:27 pm

Kemba has been going off ! He's literally been carrying his team and he will have to for the rest of the season . I think I will be ok if we signed him if we can't get Kyrie.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#111 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Kemba has been going off ! He's literally been carrying his team and he will have to for the rest of the season . I think I will be ok if we signed him if we can't get Kyrie.

I doubt Kemba leaves Charlotte, but I would be in favor making a strong trade offer for him. His cap hold would only be $18mil, which would be very beneficial in the offseason.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach

Post#112 » by shakendfries » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm

:lol:

spitting on someone is some hoe sh!it but chris paul should've been punched long before this
ImageImage

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#113 » by MGrand15 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 pm

I watch boxing and UFC all the time. I'll turn those on if I want to see fights. I'm not mad at Paul or Rondo but it's not something that gets me excited when I see it. I know how the general public perceives black men fighting.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#114 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 am

Fights happen in every pro sport, its only for some reason (as if it isn't obvious) NBA players get demonized for having an altercation. Baseball? Hockey? "Boys being boys". Basketball? "Overpaid thugs".

That being said, what possesses Rondo to spit in someone's face? That's disgusting and childish.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#115 » by MGrand15 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:23 am

I can only imagine it was unintentional. Its not like he gathered all his spit and blatantly spit in his face like phlegm and all. It happened so fast. I'm just guessing with all the sweat and the mouth guard, he may have done something but didn't intentionally mean to hit Paul.

Its just too wild to spit in someone's face. Then be surprised when they push you. That's some psychopath behavior.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#116 » by gigantes » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:53 am

MGrand15 wrote:I can only imagine it was unintentional. Its not like he gathered all his spit and blatantly spit in his face like phlegm and all. It happened so fast. I'm just guessing with all the sweat and the mouth guard, he may have done something but didn't intentionally mean to hit Paul.

Its just too wild to spit in someone's face. Then be surprised when they push you. That's some psychopath behavior.

I don't know if it's 'psychopath behavior,' but it does seem to fit Rondo's M.O. He can be incredibly abrasive and even ruthless from what I recall.

And judging by the (now pretty famous) slo-mo video, doesn't look like there was anything unintentional about it. More like, Rondo had it down to a quick and efficient artform. He would have gotten away with it in most situations, if it wasn't for a meddling camera.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#117 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:59 pm

He did that on purpose, and then punched Paul when he reacted.

Chris Paul is an ass hole but nah. Rondo was 100% in the wrong. You don't spit in someone's face.

Rondo went on to LIE about it after the fact.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,811

Post#118 » by Rich Rane » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Fights happen in every pro sport, its only for some reason (as if it isn't obvious) NBA players get demonized for having an altercation. Baseball? Hockey? "Boys being boys". Basketball? "Overpaid thugs".

Hockey sort of gets ragged on as well with the stereotype being that most hockey players are toothless brutes.

I do miss basketball fights though. Nothing like the Malice At The Palace where the fans got involved, but more of those 90s and earlier brawls where you had to back up your talk with your game and quite possible your fists. Other than winning, not much gets a team together. These days, I think more than "overpaid thugs" that the league is known as "soft" compared to other sports. I mean, the goddamn All-Star Fashion Show from a few years back still gets brought up by basketball haters I work with. I also get the feeling NBA is getting more known for flopping now.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#119 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 pm

The Malice At The Palace is what changed everything, after that the NBA went out of their way to "soften" its image (meaning, make it more appealing to the racism of mainstream white america) and here we are today. In hindsight, that incident was horrible especially when you have fans and players fighting each other...like its a BASKETBALL game. I have never gone to a sporting event wanting to throw something at a player or wanting to get into a fight with a player over 2 hours of entertainment.

Mind you, I have no problem with the NBA today and I think Adam Silver is doing a fantastic job. But there's a reason why the league is looked at as softer now compared to the old days and it stems from general ugliness of our society.

Hockey is trying to clean up their act as well but you had a time where fighting in hockey was looked at as normal, and yet in the early 2000s the NBA players were demonized for doing the exact same thing at a way lesser rate. I still remember the racist comments being made about Carmelo Anthony after the Knicks and Nuggets got into a fight (where Nate Robinson ate JR Smith's lunch :lol: ).

But yeah I kind of miss the old days where a fight broke out. I don't condone what Rondo or Brandon Ingram did but it did add some excitement that night :lol:

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#120 » by Prokorov » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Malice at the palace was one of the biggest black eye on pro sports in my lifetime...

you have 250 pound men racing deep up into the stans going after a fan... with no regards for what elderly person or child they could have severely injured. i dont mind guys mixing it up on the floor, but going into the stands? thats a public safety issue. let security deal with fans and let players deal with players

Return to Brooklyn Nets