ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, jerseyjac, Rich Rane

therealbig3
RealGM
Posts: 22,770
And1: 8,817
Joined: Jul 31, 2010

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#641 » by therealbig3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Makes up for the 2015 championship, when a healthy Warriors beat up on an injury-riddled Cavs team that still pushed it to 6 games with LeBron + trash.
User avatar
gigantes
Junior
Posts: 414
And1: 113
Joined: Dec 11, 2008
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#642 » by gigantes » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Makes up for the 2015 championship, when a healthy Warriors beat up on an injury-riddled Cavs team that still pushed it to 6 games with LeBron + trash.

The idea that there should be an asterisk for this championship is such nonsense.

So a super-stacked team got reduced to being only a stacked team. Big-flipping-deal. They still had Curry, Thompson, Green, the two super-subs (Iggy & Livingston), and as a bonus, one of the best centers in the league, however rusty he was (Boogie).

The only reason they got Durant in the first place is because of a weird, one-off cap bump in which the players union decided to let the money flow to the FA's instead of being redistributed to all the players. The Warriors team that ended the year was like a normal championship roster without an extra ridiculously-good player that at times they didn't even need.

Meanwhile, the one and only superstar on the other team had been nursing a significant injury the entire playoffs. How about that?

There's no asterisk, and the Raps have every reason to be proud. On the contrary, coming back from years of being LeBron's doormat, and taking a huge chance on Kawhi... their season amounts to one of the great fairy tale stories in league history IMO.
Karate Diop
Veteran
Posts: 2,792
And1: 3,155
Joined: May 19, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#643 » by Karate Diop » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:25 pm

I don't know about putting an asterisk next to the Raptors title (the Raptors played the hand they were dealt) but... If somebody were to say that the Raptors had no shot against a healthy Warriors team - I don't think I'd debate them on that.

Don't get me wrong this was a good Raptors team - as evidenced by their ability to hold their own against the Warriors with Curry, Klay and Draymond - but therein also lies the problem... They were just barely able to hold their own against the Warriors with those three playing... If KD was out there... That's some Game Shark type ****.
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,082
And1: 2,148
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#644 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Karate Diop wrote:I don't know about putting an asterisk next to the Raptors title (the Raptors played the hand they were dealt) but... If somebody were to say that the Raptors had no shot against a healthy Warriors team - I don't think I'd debate them on that.

Don't get me wrong this was a good Raptors team - as evidenced by their ability to hold their own against the Warriors with Curry, Klay and Draymond - but therein also lies the problem... They were just barely able to hold their own against the Warriors with those three playing... If KD was out there... That's some Game Shark type ****.

Duckin' Game Genie yo
Image
PD28 wrote:Retirement Bod Dudley FTW!
User avatar
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 33,238
And1: 7,876
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#645 » by Paradise » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Masai is a bad ass. Straight up respect for holding his own. His team won the chip and all he did was go out there to greet the team. He got carded like a bouncer at the nightclub. He did nothing wrong here.

The GSW took alot of Ls in this series between the owner and now this...this isn’t going anywhere due to the obvious racial undertones once again.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image

The Nets are like a Chinese restaurant. But instead of putting free mints on the front desk, we put draft picks in the bowl.

"Have a nice day, and take a draft pick for the ride home" – Billy King
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 28,623
And1: 9,873
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#646 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:10 am

Paradise wrote:Masai is a bad ass. Straight up respect for holding his own. His team won the chip and all he did was go out there to greet the team. He got carded like a bouncer at the nightclub. He did nothing wrong here.

The GSW took alot of Ls in this series between the owner and now this...this isn’t going anywhere due to the obvious racial undertones once again.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Thank God a good person was there to tell the truth when someone was clearly abusing their authority. It's unfortunate that Masai had to deal with that at the peak of his career as a front office executive. He deserves a formal apology from not only the Golden State Warriors, but the police department that employs that pig thug cop.
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 30,927
And1: 8,803
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#647 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 pm

AD to the Lakers. They got to keep Kuzma, but the 2019 pick is worth more now than it was at the deadline.
TheNetsFan
Veteran
Posts: 2,870
And1: 582
Joined: Feb 11, 2007
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#648 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Rich Rane wrote:AD to the Lakers. They got to keep Kuzma, but the 2019 pick is worth more now than it was at the deadline.

Also, at least 1 of those other 1sts will be post-Lebron.
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 30,927
And1: 8,803
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#649 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:AD to the Lakers. They got to keep Kuzma, but the 2019 pick is worth more now than it was at the deadline.

Also, at least 1 of those other 1sts will be post-Lebron.


What are they? I don't even know what the Lakers' assets are other than the #4.
MGrand15
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,931
And1: 1,184
Joined: Nov 17, 2009

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#650 » by MGrand15 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:00 pm

Good trade for the Pelicans. They get an unselfish young PG with potential. Ingram who's played REALLY well for stretches. And the #4 pick.

Now they just gotta sign someone like Horford to play next to Zion.
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 30,927
And1: 8,803
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#651 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:01 am

I heard there's pick swaps involved? Some PTSD for a Nets fan. :lol: But if Anthony Davis is really signing a new contract, I don't think it's something they have to worry TOO much about.
DeRoma
Starter
Posts: 2,461
And1: 415
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#652 » by DeRoma » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:02 am

Read on Twitter


Umm I feel pretty good about the Billy King trade ATM
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,082
And1: 2,148
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#653 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:10 am

Wowsers. They're one twisted knee away from LeBron's son running point for the Pelicans.
Image
PD28 wrote:Retirement Bod Dudley FTW!
User avatar
LOUiS-D
Veteran
Posts: 2,584
And1: 861
Joined: Jan 19, 2006
Location: melbourne, australia
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#654 » by LOUiS-D » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:18 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Wowsers. They're one twisted knee away from LeBron's son running point for the Pelicans.

Tell me about it. I've been reading Laker fans on twitter gloating about how the Pels got greedy and should have taken their trade deadline offer. Oh boy are they in for a surprise.
Image
Google 'Karate Basketball' or click HERE to play 1-4 local multiplayer natural shooting motion madness for FREE
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,343
And1: 232
Joined: May 19, 2008

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#655 » by Jersey Generals » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 am

I'm fine with the 2023 swap, but 2024 and 2025? That's ugly.
User avatar
LKIRNets
Starter
Posts: 2,387
And1: 598
Joined: Nov 23, 2017

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#656 » by LKIRNets » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:40 am

Jersey Generals wrote:I'm fine with the 2023 swap, but 2024 and 2025? That's ugly.

LA never has difficulty landing free agents.
User avatar
SpeedyG
RealGM
Posts: 15,274
And1: 1,190
Joined: Mar 07, 2003

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#657 » by SpeedyG » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:03 am

yeah not concerned by this unless they get hit by injury bug. King would have dumped money and go to luxury tax to not give high picks to Celtics had he been retained.

LA would do the same

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 28,623
And1: 9,873
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#658 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:55 pm

DeRoma wrote:
Read on Twitter


Umm I feel pretty good about the Billy King trade ATM


Wow. Talk about an ass **** ing.

I would have just given up Kyle Kuzma as opposed to all of that. The Lakers are being run by morons
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
User avatar
JoseRizal
Head Coach
Posts: 6,591
And1: 979
Joined: Oct 21, 2010
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#659 » by JoseRizal » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
Read on Twitter


Umm I feel pretty good about the Billy King trade ATM


Wow. Talk about an ass **** ing.

I would have just given up Kyle Kuzma as opposed to all of that. The Lakers are being run by morons


That’s 3 unprotected with a potential 4. Such a bad trade as they had leverage knowing AD would only sign with them once he’s an FA. They’re betting against themselves, never thought there would be a worse GM than Billy King.
ragesincemdxvi
Sophomore
Posts: 114
And1: 107
Joined: Nov 06, 2017
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2018-19 Season thread 

Post#660 » by ragesincemdxvi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:12 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
Read on Twitter


Umm I feel pretty good about the Billy King trade ATM


Wow. Talk about an ass **** ing.

I would have just given up Kyle Kuzma as opposed to all of that. The Lakers are being run by morons


LA can still sign anothe max free agent if timed right plus who's to say we can't sign another all star when Lebron's deal runs out having Davis on board already?

I've read your posts full with animosity towards the Lakers but whatever keeps you cool :lol:

Even if everything goes wrong as you wish and new orleans ends with all of those future picks if it gives LA a 3-4 years championship window and win 2 rings I don't give a flying F!

Return to Brooklyn Nets