ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Pistons - Weds, Oct 17, 7:00pm |YES | Season Opener!

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Nets @ Pistons - Weds, Oct 17, 7:00pm |YES | Season Opener! 

Post#541 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:51 am

jbeachboy wrote:i think we need to play big more when we have griffin and drummond killing us on the glass, if dinwiddie and levert cant drive with an ed davis or faried on the floor, what does that then tell you about their ability to lead us? we needed rebounding and bigs to help out on griffin and drummond and kenny was stubborn with this jared dudley defendin griffin.

Dinwidie an levert are borderline starters... of course they wont carry us.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#542 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:52 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Did the floor spacing pay off dividends?

LeVert and Dinwiddie were having a lay up drill out there because of it.

Believe me, the Nets don't claw their way back into that game after a disastrous 3rd qtr if not for LeVert/Dinwiddie having the room to attack the basket.

Kenneth Faried is becoming the 2018-19 version of Jahlil Okafor on here. The Nets didn't lose that game because of Jared Dudley. They lost that game because they shot 18% from downtown for the entire game and Caris LeVert made a critical turnover at the end of the game. You can also add in missed FTs down the stretch as well.
You can say whatever, but at the end of the day, 1 pt and 3 rebounds in 35 minutes of action is absolutely unacceptable from a NBA rotation player. It even got its own thread in the GB last night. And Dudley being useless was a big part of the Nets shooting 18% from 3 pt.

I also agree with Claud said, Treveon Graham is not an NBA player. You can find more than a dozen guys from the G-league who can offer the same things that he does. I don't see any good reason as to why Faried can't get a single minute, while Graham is getting like 16 minutes in a game.

because faried doesnt space the floor. its really quite simple. Floor spacing >>>>>>>>>> rebounding
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,907

Post#543 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:14 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:You can say whatever, but at the end of the day, 1 pt and 3 rebounds in 35 minutes of action is absolutely unacceptable from a NBA rotation player. It even got its own thread in the GB last night. And Dudley being useless was a big part of the Nets shooting 18% from 3 pt.

I also agree with Claud said, Treveon Graham is not an NBA player. You can find more than a dozen guys from the G-league who can offer the same things that he does. I don't see any good reason as to why Faried can't get a single minute, while Graham is getting like 16 minutes in a game.

The GB is a cess pool of ignorance. I could care less what they have to say on there.

Dudley was out there to help space the floor. You think we're getting spacing with Faried out there? I don't think anyone played well overall outside of LeVert/Dinwiddie/Allen. But you can't ignore the reason why LeVert and Dinwiddie were able to bring this team back into the game and it was because the line up Kenny was going with provided spacing.

Again...I heard the same stuff about Faried last year re: Kenny and Jahlil Okafor. Guys complaining about why he wasn't playing. And then when Kenny did get him in, he was terrible. Faried isn't playing because he isn't better at C than Allen and Davis and his PF game isn't a good fit in the offense, whereas someone like RHJ fits well because he can generate offense with his mid range game and hit the occasional three.

I like Faried, but I'm not going to question why the coach isn't playing him nor am I deluded enough to think that a guy who is a notoriously bad defender would have gone out there and started shutting down Blake or kept Drummond off of the glass.
We don't get 3pt shooting from RHJ either but that doesn't mean he isn't an automatic starter for us at the 4. And the GB being ignorant has nothing to do with the facts here: 1 pt, 3 rebounds in 35 minutes. I'm not a Faried fan at all, but when the likes of Dudley and Graham are getting a combined ~54 minutes in a game and being utter trash, there's no reason why Faried can't get a single minute to show something.

Why are you ignoring the fact that the spacing provided by the line up that Kenny went with provided the spacing that opened up the driving lanes for Caris and Spencer?

I mean that was literally the only reason we even remained in the game. I could give a rats ass about Jared Dudley's stat line. he's not even supposed to be playing that many minutes but we are down multiple players in our line up. i'm looking at the bigger picture. Dudley's presence provided spacing. period. Last night was one of the worst shooting nights in this team's history under Kenny and yet the Pistons STILL respected the scouting report. Miss me with this Faried stuff my dude.

Also, yes. RHJ is an automatic starter at the 4. he is the best two way player on this team.

Kenneth Faried has no value to this team outside of the 1st round pick he earned us. anything else that he brings to the table is a bonus. period. I like the guy, but in this system is he a small ball 5 and unless Allen or Davis get injured, he's not going to play.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#544 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:20 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

^^learn to read the room fam, i'm really not trying to see this. dude just got benched in the 4th in game 1 of the season. he needs to put in some serious on court execution on friday.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#545 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:25 am

the funny thing is, if Kenny gave some folks what they wanted and the Nets ended losing because of it, they'd want to fire his ass.

if there is no spacing on the floor last night, LeVert and Dinwiddie don't get those drives for scores and FTs but these dudes here are worried about Faried getting some burn. we lost by 3 points and had a chance to win multiple times w/o Faried even taking off his warm ups. yall need to stop.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#546 » by DarkXaero » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:42 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
The GB is a cess pool of ignorance. I could care less what they have to say on there.

Dudley was out there to help space the floor. You think we're getting spacing with Faried out there? I don't think anyone played well overall outside of LeVert/Dinwiddie/Allen. But you can't ignore the reason why LeVert and Dinwiddie were able to bring this team back into the game and it was because the line up Kenny was going with provided spacing.

Again...I heard the same stuff about Faried last year re: Kenny and Jahlil Okafor. Guys complaining about why he wasn't playing. And then when Kenny did get him in, he was terrible. Faried isn't playing because he isn't better at C than Allen and Davis and his PF game isn't a good fit in the offense, whereas someone like RHJ fits well because he can generate offense with his mid range game and hit the occasional three.

I like Faried, but I'm not going to question why the coach isn't playing him nor am I deluded enough to think that a guy who is a notoriously bad defender would have gone out there and started shutting down Blake or kept Drummond off of the glass.
We don't get 3pt shooting from RHJ either but that doesn't mean he isn't an automatic starter for us at the 4. And the GB being ignorant has nothing to do with the facts here: 1 pt, 3 rebounds in 35 minutes. I'm not a Faried fan at all, but when the likes of Dudley and Graham are getting a combined ~54 minutes in a game and being utter trash, there's no reason why Faried can't get a single minute to show something.

Why are you ignoring the fact that the spacing provided by the line up that Kenny went with provided the spacing that opened up the driving lanes for Caris and Spencer?

I mean that was literally the only reason we even remained in the game. I could give a rats ass about Jared Dudley's stat line. he's not even supposed to be playing that many minutes but we are down multiple players in our line up. i'm looking at the bigger picture. Dudley's presence provided spacing. period. Last night was one of the worst shooting nights in this team's history under Kenny and yet the Pistons STILL respected the scouting report. Miss me with this Faried stuff my dude.

Also, yes. RHJ is an automatic starter at the 4. he is the best two way player on this team.

Kenneth Faried has no value to this team outside of the 1st round pick he earned us. anything else that he brings to the table is a bonus. period. I like the guy, but in this system is he a small ball 5 and unless Allen or Davis get injured, he's not going to play.
Jarrett allen made a couple threes in the game, having one non shooting player in the lineup wouldnt have ruined our spacing. Not every team in the league has 5 three pt shooters on at all times. Y'all acting like Faried is a complete scrub offensively, when over his career, he has always had very respectable offensive stats. He is not **** Reggie Evans on offense.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#547 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:46 pm

I never said he was a scrub, but he wasn't going to help space the floor. While Jarrett's shooting looks like it will be a factor, teams still aren't respecting that shot.

the coach made the right call. we lost by 3 in a game where we shot 18% from 3. if it were last season we would have lost by 20 points or more. There is no way in hell I'm going to look at the end result of this game and say that Kenny should have done anything differently, His strategy opened up the lanes for LeVert and Dinwiddie and it paid off. If the Nets had made their damn FTs down the stretch and if Caris didn't make the mindnumbing turnover at the end in the paint we would have won a hard fought come back.

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#548 » by Curns13 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I never said he was a scrub, but he wasn't going to help space the floor. While Jarrett's shooting looks like it will be a factor, teams still aren't respecting that shot.

the coach made the right call. we lost by 3 in a game where we shot 18% from 3. if it were last season we would have lost by 20 points or more. There is no way in hell I'm going to look at the end result of this game and say that Kenny should have done anything differently, His strategy opened up the lanes for LeVert and Dinwiddie and it paid off. If the Nets had made their damn FTs down the stretch and if Caris didn't make the mindnumbing turnover at the end in the paint we would have won a hard fought come back.

That’s the big difference for me, this game to last season. Last season, no way we are in this game. Down 3 rotation players (2 starters) and we shot like **** from 3, yet we are still in a game against a possible playoff team on the road. That doesn’t happen last season.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#549 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:53 pm

No one is asking or implying to change the nature or identity of this team but adjustments are still a necessity during games and for some, me included, do not understand the lack of adjustments or denial by our coach to make a change for improvement for sequences during a game.

Floor spacing works when you have the horses to make it work. So lets not act Floor spacing is above rebounding at all costs... Detroit rebounded their way to a victory so that right there is proof that Floor Spacing is greater than rebounding isn't an endgame narrative.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#550 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:14 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:No one is asking or implying to change the nature or identity of this team but adjustments are still a necessity during games and for some, me included, do not understand the lack of adjustments or denial by our coach to make a change for improvement for sequences during a game.

Floor spacing works when you have the horses to make it work. So lets not act Floor spacing is above rebounding at all costs... Detroit rebounded their way to a victory so that right there is proof that Floor Spacing is greater than rebounding isn't an endgame narrative.

We were down one with possession with what, 13 seconds left on the clock? Had the Nets executed (or god forbid, hit their FTs in the 4th) no one would be talking about rebounding. Rebounding is not the reason we lost, we were -right there-.

Lack of adjustments? Dude, we were getting our asses kicked. The adjustment was made to go to a line up featuring one big, two penetrating ball handlers, and two shooters at SF/PF to provide space. From then on the Nets were in business.

Floor spacing worked because it led to Dinwiddie and LeVert scoring nearly 50 points combined and we came within one possession of winning.

Had Kenny not spaced the floor and relied up jacking up threes/going to a traditional line up in a game where we were shooting 18% from 3 as a team, we would have been blown the **** out. How do you guys not see this?

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#551 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:28 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:We don't get 3pt shooting from RHJ either but that doesn't mean he isn't an automatic starter for us at the 4. And the GB being ignorant has nothing to do with the facts here: 1 pt, 3 rebounds in 35 minutes. I'm not a Faried fan at all, but when the likes of Dudley and Graham are getting a combined ~54 minutes in a game and being utter trash, there's no reason why Faried can't get a single minute to show something.

Jarrett allen made a couple threes in the game, having one non shooting player in the lineup wouldnt have ruined our spacing. Not every team in the league has 5 three pt shooters on at all times. Y'all acting like Faried is a complete scrub offensively, when over his career, he has always had very respectable offensive stats. He is not **** Reggie Evans on offense.

its nice allen hit some threes but you dont want allen spacing the floor you want him in the pick and roll. we had probably half our points or more on dinwiddie/allen or levert/allen pick and rolls. that doesnt happen without dudley spacing the floor. you dont need to gaurd faried at the three point line. its really very cut and dry.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#552 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:31 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:No one is asking or implying to change the nature or identity of this team but adjustments are still a necessity during games and for some, me included, do not understand the lack of adjustments or denial by our coach to make a change for improvement for sequences during a game.

there was no adjustment to make. our offense was running extremely well and got us back into the game... we were taking huge advantage of the floor spacing. the rebounding wasnt nearly as important. its one thing if faried was a good defender, he isnt.
steady
Veteran
And1: 1,351

Post#553 » by steady » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Nets first game was promising considering that 3 of their heaviest minutes players from last year (RHJ, Crabbe, DMC) were out. Plus Napier. Nets are in for a good year ...

Here's hoping they have DLo play off ball sooner rather than later though.
The sooner they figure out roles, the better.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#554 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:40 pm

How can I find D'Angelo's catch and shoot numbers from long distance? I want to see something.

Return to Brooklyn Nets