ImageImageImageImageImage

Carroll is out indefinitely

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Carroll is out indefinitely 

Post#1 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:02 pm

DeMarre Carroll will undergo surgery on his right ankle Tuesday and will be out indefinitely.

Kenny Atkinson did not provide a timetable for Carroll's return but told reporters that he did not consider the injury to be serious.

Carroll was Brooklyn's third-leading scorer and second-leading rebounder last season, averaging 13.5 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.

Per ESPN.

While that sucks, it opens up room in the line up. Who do you guys see getting his minutes?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: Carroll is out indefinitely 

Post#2 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Hot Rod and Caris. Joe Harris. Even opens up SG minutes for Musa.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
-soul fist-
Junior
And1: 96

Post#3 » by -soul fist- » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm

graham unfortunately. Not a hater but, it’s annoying seeing his over-involvement on offense.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DeMarre Carroll will undergo surgery on his right ankle Tuesday and will be out indefinitely.

Kenny Atkinson did not provide a timetable for Carroll's return but told reporters that he did not consider the injury to be serious.

Carroll was Brooklyn's third-leading scorer and second-leading rebounder last season, averaging 13.5 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.

Per ESPN.

While that sucks, it opens up room in the line up. Who do you guys see getting his minutes?

would have been a much bigger deal last year. if anything we need wing minutes. harris needs more time, maybe this gets faried some action too.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#5 » by jbeachboy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:00 pm

i doubt musa gets minutes in a close game.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#6 » by MGrand15 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Really sucks. Demarre is a real stabilizing presence in the lineup. I do think his role was going to be a lot at the 4 this year though. This opens up time for Dudley, Rod, and Graham at 4. I like all those guys so maybe it's not the worst thing but Carroll brings it every night.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:55 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Really sucks. Demarre is a real stabilizing presence in the lineup. I do think his role was going to be a lot at the 4 this year though. This opens up time for Dudley, Rod, and Graham at 4. I like all those guys so maybe it's not the worst thing but Carroll brings it every night.

we have more vets this year... dudley, faried, davis... i dont think he will be missed as much as last year. he will still likely travel with the team too
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:08 pm

-soul fist- wrote:graham unfortunately. Not a hater but, it’s annoying seeing his over-involvement on offense.

Graham is the definition of the term "Try Hard". He needs to stick to just catch and shoot threes, defense and boardwork. every time he puts the ball on the floor its a disaster :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in fact, I'm nicknaming him "Try Hard".
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#9 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
-soul fist- wrote:graham unfortunately. Not a hater but, it’s annoying seeing his over-involvement on offense.

Graham is the definition of the term "Try Hard". He needs to stick to just catch and shoot threes, defense and boardwork. every time he puts the ball on the floor its a disaster :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in fact, I'm nicknaming him "Try Hard".

#ParticipationAward
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#10 » by Papi_swav » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:32 pm

Opens up minutes for the young bulls, Musa and Kuruc. This helps our tanking as well.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#11 » by Paradise » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:11 pm

Welp. I’ve been saying let’s get through opening week without any serious injuries. Kurucs/Dudz and Faried deserve the spot minutes at PF.

Perhaps we could try LeVert at the four like the Knicks, lol.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#12 » by kamaze » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:10 pm

'Freight train' gets more minutes now and Rodi gets to play.

It was also at the Richmond, VA school where Graham picked up the nickname "Freight Train," a moniker first designated to him by best friend and former college/Charlotte teammate, Briante Weber.

"One time I ran over a couple players at practice and [Briante's] been calling me Freight Train ever since. It kind of stuck to me over the years and I still use it. It was one of my first practices [at VCU]. I had a lot of energy and just ran over a couple players, but I've calmed down from there. [It comes from] the way I play, the energy I play, how hard I play. That's where I got it from."

The nickname certainly does seem to embody characteristics Graham has had for years: resiliency, toughness and determination. Gifted mentally just as much as he is physically (6'6" and nearly 220 pounds), not much has been able to slow down the Freight Train lately.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton

Return to Brooklyn Nets