Re: GT: Nets @ Wizards - Saturday, 12/1/12, 7:00pm 

Post#2 » by ducler » Sun Dec 2, 2018 12:03 am

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#3 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:00 am

Strong finish to the 1st half. Its nice to see Allen/Kurucs/RHJ on the floor together.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#4 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:06 am

The Knicks are now a half game behind us...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:34 am

Paradise wrote:The Knicks are now a half game behind us...

oh, we'll be tied with them after this game.

I mean it is what it is. Nets aren't executing in the 4th and they have been dreadful in back to back games. The drones over at NetsDaily are losing their minds over this and I'm confused...like what do people expect you know? The margin for error for this team was razor thin as is, and then you subtract LeVert from the equation and we're and 8-16 team.

Each loss puts us closer to higher odds of landing a high ceiling prospect. We have cap space this summer, and LeVert and Allen are projecting to be better than their draft status. It sucks losing but in reality this is exactly what we need.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#6 » by DarkXaero » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:39 am

The way Kurucs plays, he can develop a great ability to get to the line on a regular basis. His combination of size, ball handling, and aggressiveness in drive is difficult to defend.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#7 » by shakendfries » Sun Dec 2, 2018 1:45 am

does fox sports go suck balls or is this just me?
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#8 » by DarkXaero » Sun Dec 2, 2018 2:02 am

Mandatory **** ball handling turnover by RHJ in the 4th quarter :lol:
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#9 » by Claud » Sun Dec 2, 2018 2:30 am

This team is trash without Caris.

Blow it up and play the youngins.

Caris + Fro + Our pick should be the only untouchable chips.The rest can go.
Paradise

GT: Nets @ Wizards - Saturday, 12/1/12, 7:00pm 

Post#10 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 2, 2018 2:47 am

Caris / Nassir / Afro Allen / Kurucs / DEN 1st. Look for more assets for everyone else .
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 2:59 am

Claud wrote:This team is trash without Caris.

Blow it up and play the youngins.

Caris + Fro + Our pick should be the only untouchable chips.The rest can go.

What is there to blow up and what are you trading for? We're on pace for a top 5-6 pick.

Honestly, I don't think LeVert stops this bleeding either. He's not Superman.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#12 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 3:03 am

Paradise wrote:Image

Caris / Nassir / Afro Allen / Kurucs / DEN 1st. Look for more assets for everyone else .

What assets are you getting back for everyone else?

RHJ is on an expiring contract and probably doesn't have much value. Carroll? Crabbe? Dudley? You think someone is going to give up an asset for any of those players? Why would someone trade for D'Angelo Russell midseason when they can just sign him outright in the summer? Also, the Nets want to keep Dinwiddie per Woj so he's going nowhere.

Joe Harris is probably the only player who fetches you an asset and most likely its a late 1st.

I'm not singling you out or even saying its you who says this, but the thought process of "These dudes suck! Trade them all for assets" is the dumbest thing that revolves around this fanbase.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#13 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Dec 2, 2018 3:21 am

Its time to tank for Zion. Add him to this team and I think we probably make the playoffs next year.

D Lo/Harris/Levert/Zion/Allen
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#14 » by SpeedyG » Sun Dec 2, 2018 2:01 pm

Not even mad about the loss since it keeps our chances better for the draft, but damn...these guys played like they were going through the motions with the exception of Davis, Carroll, and Rodi.

Spencer woke up briefly but too late at that point.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#15 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 2:09 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Not even mad about the loss since it keeps our chances better for the draft, but damn...these guys played like they were going through the motions with the exception of Davis, Carroll, and Rodi.

I think the loss versus Memphis might have broken their spirit in all seriousness. They played last night like "no matter what we do, we will lose anyway". You hope that's not the case but their energy was trash as a whole.

Hopefully they can win against the Cavs and get some life back into them. I mean losing helps us in regards to our pick but what we don't want to see is the Nets going through the motions.

Paradise

GT: Nets @ Wizards - Saturday, 12/1/12, 7:00pm 

Post#16 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 2, 2018 6:51 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

RHJ is on an expiring contract and probably doesn't have much value. Carroll? Crabbe? Dudley? You think someone is going to give up an asset for any of those players? Why would someone trade for D'Angelo Russell midseason when they can just sign him outright in the summer? Also, the Nets want to keep Dinwiddie per Woj so he's going nowhere.

Joe Harris is probably the only player who fetches you an asset and most likely its a late 1st.

I'm not singling you out or even saying its you who says this, but the thought process of "These dudes suck! Trade them all for assets" is the dumbest thing that revolves around this fanbase.

Lets put it this way: I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we didn’t retain them for a better shot at a Top 5 pick.

I’ll be happy when we re-sign Dinwiddie under family friendly cap contract and perhaps that is the straw that stirs him into an all star but as of right now....I don’t see it.

Perhaps I’m down on him after these meltdowns but the truth is...I see a future where he losses playoff games due to bad shots and arguing with refs.

I can’t help but think of these same mistakes and inconsistency with a larger payday. I know he will definitely aim to earn his contract but Spencer hasn’t necessarily run away with any starting spot and it doesn’t bode well we lost and our D was awful with Dinwiddie/Russell starting together.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#17 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Dec 2, 2018 8:58 pm

Paradise wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Lets put it this way: I wouldn’t lose any sleep if we didn’t retain them for a better shot at a Top 5 pick.

I’ll be happy when we re-sign Dinwiddie under family friendly cap contract and perhaps that is the straw that stirs him into an all star but as of right now....I don’t see it.

Perhaps I’m down on him after these meltdowns but the truth is...I see a future where he losses playoff games due to bad shots and arguing with refs.

I can’t help but think of these same mistakes and inconsistency with a larger payday. I know he will definitely aim to earn his contract but Spencer hasn’t necessarily run away with any starting spot and it doesn’t bode well we lost and our D was awful with Dinwiddie/Russell starting together.

A better shot? Hell at this rate we could be free falling into bottom 3 territory without even having to lift a finger. A six game losing streak is really bad, I thought stretches like this were a thing of the past but here we are.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#18 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:08 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Not even mad about the loss since it keeps our chances better for the draft, but damn...these guys played like they were going through the motions with the exception of Davis, Carroll, and Rodi.

second night of a back to back on the road after a double ovetime game... what kind of effort did you expect?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 3, 2018 6:11 pm

i dont know why everyone is all panic-y and what not... this is a 30 win team. it was always a 30 win team. most predicted a 30-35 win team and we are at about 30ish win pace.

We are bottom 5 in talent and are a team of young players and role players. those teams dont win on the road they dont win close games and they dont sustain injury.

everything is as expected
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#20 » by SpeedyG » Fri Dec 7, 2018 9:45 pm

Prokorov wrote:

second night of a back to back on the road after a double ovetime game... what kind of effort did you expect?
I expected exactly what happened. I even mentioned it in the Grizz thread.

But if you're a young cornerstone guy and old vets like Davis and Carroll are giving energy and youre not? You need to look at yourself in the mirror and be damn embarrassed

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Return to Brooklyn Nets