Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,592

Re: GT: OKC vs. BKN 12/5/2018: The road to 8-20 begins here 

Post#101 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:39 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:It's true. But you also have to consider the circumstances. We're on an awful losing streak, where we've lost games in awful fashion (including the previous loss to Cleveland at home). The fans have lost all excitement, I've missed our last 2 or 3 games because I've stopped caring with the way we're playing right now, and I have chosen to be more productive with my time. I wouldn't even entertain the idea of attending a game right now. OKC might be a small market team but they still have two players with superstar profile, marketing wise.

Our fanbase as a collective is garbage. I include myself in this assessment because I don't go to enough games. But I at least root for the players. You have Nets fans who legit hate players on this team and call for them to be traded for..........nothing, because they can't come up with anything that will bring back value.

This fanbase has an odd sense of entitlement that other fanbases don't have, and it really doesn't support the team at all. Dudes take shots at the players on social media and dog Russell, RHJ, etc out every chance that they get.

This fanbase is ass as ****. we are the worst fanbase in the league. I feel sorry for whoever gets drafted by this team in July.
I think you're being a bit harsh there. Every team in the league has its fair share of **** fans and homers who are delusional. Knicks as a franchise haven't done **** since the early 70s, but their fans feel entitled af. Philly and Boston fans have a reputation as obnoxious and classless. Raptors fans, well just take a look at GB, they come across as the worst bunch out there. Nets have struggled with fan support, for various reasons. But I truly do believe that its a matter of having an actual superstar on your team. Were the Warriors some huge franchise before this current team? No. But right now, America is full of bandwagon Warriors fans and nearly every kid idolizes Curry. Superstars in this league change the level of fan support immensely. If Westbrook and Paul George didn't play for the Thunder, and Thunder were a lotto team, Barclays wouldn't have so many cheers for OKC.

a team that plays in OKLAHOMA, **** ing west bumble **** should NOT have more fans in attendance than the Nets.

we are the worst fanbase in professional sports. this team gets no support and yet people think Kevin Durant is going to come here? LOL.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#102 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:48 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:It's true. But you also have to consider the circumstances. We're on an awful losing streak, where we've lost games in awful fashion (including the previous loss to Cleveland at home). The fans have lost all excitement, I've missed our last 2 or 3 games because I've stopped caring with the way we're playing right now, and I have chosen to be more productive with my time. I wouldn't even entertain the idea of attending a game right now. OKC might be a small market team but they still have two players with superstar profile, marketing wise.

Our fanbase as a collective is garbage. I include myself in this assessment because I don't go to enough games. But I at least root for the players. You have Nets fans who legit hate players on this team and call for them to be traded for..........nothing, because they can't come up with anything that will bring back value.

This fanbase has an odd sense of entitlement that other fanbases don't have, and it really doesn't support the team at all. Dudes take shots at the players on social media and dog Russell, RHJ, etc out every chance that they get.

This fanbase is ass as ****. we are the worst fanbase in the league. I feel sorry for whoever gets drafted by this team in July.

I mean who would want to spend their hard earned money to watch this Nets team? I was planning on going to a few games this year but now that Levert is gone and the way this team is playing, why would I spend money that I work hard for to watch this pathetic-ness, if that's a word. Not to mention how expensive it is for this crappy team just cause it's NYC. NYC is a bandwagon city now, half the city is full of out of towners and we have thousands of tourists everyday. We also didn't start off on a good foot. This was already a Knicks town before Nets got here, only real Nets fans are ppl that were fans of NJN and some Brooklyn people. Deron Williams and the old washed up "stars" we had didn't do any justice.

If we get Zion and Zion specifically we will have some band wagoners here because all the hype that's around him. I think you already know that once we have a star or 2 the fans will come. Look at the Warriors, I don't even think Bay Area people were fans of them before Steph Curry came in. They probably were all Laker fans. Who was a Cavs fan before LeBron was drafted? Are there even Pelican fans out there with AD there? I mean look at it like this, if u was 8 years old just starting to watch ball would u really watch this team? or the Knicks? I think you would like to watch a team that's fun and exciting, neither teams are either or and have not been for yearsssss. This city has way too much bad luck.

I would spend money to watch this team, they play hard and compete in pretty much every game win or lose. I already have and plan to do so again. The only reason I don't go as much as I could is because of the logistics, I work sometimes til 6:30pm or 7pm based on my job's demands, there is no way I can make weeknight games in Brooklyn coming from New Jersey.

and FFS, LeVert is not Jesus Christ. He was awesome yes, but we were losing close games with him on the floor too and he was doing dumb **** just like the rest of the young guys on the team. Yall really are placing horrific and unrealistic expectations on this dude.

I think this team is fun to watch every night since Marks and Kenny took over. Some nights we get destroyed here and there, but most nights the games are competitive. Last night was fun to watch, it just so happens that we aren't good enough to close games. I accept that as part of the rebuilding process, because I'm not some entitled fan who thinks that this team should go from zero to 100 without any growth in between it.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: OKC vs. BKN 12/5/2018: The road to 8-20 begins here 

Post#103 » by Paradise » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:52 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Dinwiddie is the worst defender on the team, why Russell is even being called a clown right now is beyond me but hey yall do you.

Eh he's a backup he shouldn't be playing in crunch time on the regular it's just that he's one of the better players on the team so he plays a bigger role. With better players he'd be used to run the bench. You misunderstood I didn't call Russell a clown I was talking about the team as a whole.

Don’t even try that cop out. He’s about to be paid like a starter by Saturday which definitely won’t happen now.

If he is logging near 30 minutes on the bench, off the bench, in between the bench. It’s the same really. Poor defense. Hero shots that hasn’t worked.

Harris just returned and Dinwiddie made the same mistakes and poor shot selection as a starter and this is after a candid interview about his contract.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#104 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:52 pm

LKIRNets wrote:
kamaze wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
Dinwiddie making dumb decisions on defense is what hurt us the most. Bruh check his RPM :nonono:

Both he and Russell are bad defenders in the game the offense is dependent on them attacking the rim. The team was best earlier in the year with Levert being that ball handler but he's out now it might be a good idea to draft another ball handler or two depending on what they do in free agency.

Russell isn't a bad defender anymore. In 2017 he was. In 2018 he is middle tier on D. He's actually the Nets best on ball defender outside of Joe Harris. Go check his numbers.

Din is next to last in DRPMS.

Spencer is the worst defender on the team. How anyone can remotely attack Russell over defense is not being honest.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#105 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 12:56 pm

also while I'm in morning Trump rant mode, can we give Allen Crabbe some credit at least on offense? Last night he was cash money from downtown.

I will look past his atrocious defense on Paul George because RHJ should have been given the job to defend him, but hey. we were up big.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#106 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 6, 2018 1:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I think you're being a bit harsh there. Every team in the league has its fair share of **** fans and homers who are delusional. Knicks as a franchise haven't done **** since the early 70s, but their fans feel entitled af. Philly and Boston fans have a reputation as obnoxious and classless. Raptors fans, well just take a look at GB, they come across as the worst bunch out there. Nets have struggled with fan support, for various reasons. But I truly do believe that its a matter of having an actual superstar on your team. Were the Warriors some huge franchise before this current team? No. But right now, America is full of bandwagon Warriors fans and nearly every kid idolizes Curry. Superstars in this league change the level of fan support immensely. If Westbrook and Paul George didn't play for the Thunder, and Thunder were a lotto team, Barclays wouldn't have so many cheers for OKC.

a team that plays in OKLAHOMA, **** ing west bumble **** should NOT have more fans in attendance than the Nets.

we are the worst fanbase in professional sports. this team gets no support and yet people think Kevin Durant is going to come here? LOL.
I don't get the attendance of the thunder fans there. WTF? I'm pretty sure there aren't Thunder fans in NY metro area, so I'm thinking they travelled there for the game?

But they were loud, louder than the Nets fans.

The fans will come in time. It takes time to build tradition. The Nets had the right idea to build a contender ASAP because trying to build a fan base with a losing team doesn't quite work.

It also needs stars that will get people to tune in and we have never had that in Brooklyn.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
bws94
Head Coach
And1: 1,222

Post#107 » by bws94 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:25 pm

All-star player got in the zone. Thought the Nets had this game until George turned into superman in the 4th.

As far as the Nets team goes, haven't watched as much since CLV went down. Barclay's shouldn't be lovin' Westbrook's triple-doubles.
bws94
Head Coach

Post#108 » by bws94 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:27 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
This is why i went on a rant this morning about Nets fans. Everyone talks **** about the players and yet every game is a road game for them. FOH.

I told you how to solve the problem...if you're at the game and don't like them cheering on Do something about it.

Dude I am not going to do state time in New York for felony assault over a basketball game :lol: I'm buying my first home in March the Nets aren't that high on my priority list.

aaaaand that's 8 losses in a row. Next comes a Friday/Saturday back to back versus TOR and NYK

8-20, here we come.

Congrats on the home and good luck.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#109 » by Rockice_24 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:40 pm

This will continue to happen night after night when your best player for breaking down a defense is D-Lo and Din. Harris isn't that guy and needs to stay in his role. This team had only one of those guys and he is now injured. Until we land more guys capable of breaking down the defense and creating we are going to struggle. The offensive scheme can only mask the deficiencies so much. D-Lo is not a winning player with his poor shot selection, poor awareness and awful defense. We should look to move him ASAP along with RHJ if the offer is right. Paying him big bucks if we strike out in FA is not a good plan.

We will eventually ease Rodi and Musa into the lineup more as the season progresses (see Levert and Allen in previous years). We need to continue to play hard (That doesn't seem like an issue right now) and stay in the bottom 6-7 teams by transiting to the younger players.

If we come away from this season with Levert healthy and back to his old self, Rodi and Musa getting some real minutes the second half, Allen continuing to progress, and a top 7 pick this year will be a success. If Levert was healthy we'd all want to go for the playoffs but after that injury the season outlook has shifted towards development and landing another shot creator on offense (Barrett/Reddish/Little/Porter Jr./Langford) to help Levert.

PG: Levert
SG: ?
SF: ?
PF: ?
C: Allen
bws94
Head Coach

Post#110 » by bws94 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 2:47 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Dinwiddie is the worst defender on the team, why Russell is even being called a clown right now is beyond me but hey yall do you.

Eh he's a backup he shouldn't be playing in crunch time on the regular it's just that he's one of the better players on the team so he plays a bigger role. With better players he'd be used to run the bench. You misunderstood I didn't call Russell a clown I was talking about the team as a whole.

Dinwiddie is a 6th man bench PG. He'll play in crunch and close lots of games.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#111 » by MGrand15 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:03 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I think you're being a bit harsh there. Every team in the league has its fair share of **** fans and homers who are delusional. Knicks as a franchise haven't done **** since the early 70s, but their fans feel entitled af. Philly and Boston fans have a reputation as obnoxious and classless. Raptors fans, well just take a look at GB, they come across as the worst bunch out there. Nets have struggled with fan support, for various reasons. But I truly do believe that its a matter of having an actual superstar on your team. Were the Warriors some huge franchise before this current team? No. But right now, America is full of bandwagon Warriors fans and nearly every kid idolizes Curry. Superstars in this league change the level of fan support immensely. If Westbrook and Paul George didn't play for the Thunder, and Thunder were a lotto team, Barclays wouldn't have so many cheers for OKC.

I don't get the attendance of the thunder fans there. WTF? I'm pretty sure there aren't Thunder fans in NY metro area, so I'm thinking they travelled there for the game?

The fans will come in time. It takes time to build tradition. The Nets had the right idea to build a contender ASAP because trying to build a fan base with a losing team doesn't quite work.

It also needs stars that will get people to tune in and we have never had that in Brooklyn.

They're just Westbrook fans.

There's definitely no guarantee that we'll build a fan base. Barclays is so far from Jersey that they've alienated all the older Net fans. Attendance and support only seems to be going down. Games are outrageously expensive. New York is a die hard Knick area.

Zion or a huge signing this off season is the only chance to actually right the ship in terms of fan base quickly. If neither happens, we're going to be stuck in Clipper territory. Took them a long long time to get fans in the arena and there's still a ton of people that just go for the road teams.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#112 » by SpeedyG » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:08 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

There's definitely no guarantee that we'll build a fan base. Barclays is so far from Jersey that they've alienated all the older Net fans. Attendance and support only seems to be going down. Games are outrageously expensive. New York is a die hard Knick area.

Zion or a huge signing this off season is the only chance to actually right the ship in terms of fan base quickly. If neither happens, we're going to be stuck in Clipper territory. Took them a long long time to get fans in the arena and there's still a ton of people that just go for the road teams.
It's definitely no guarantee. But let's get a star here first then talk about why it isn't working.

The NBA more than any other sport is a stars league.

Brooklyn is a tough environment. This isn't just a random city where there isn't things to do BUT NBA.

But when it works, it has the potential to be great.

But yeah let's give the casual fans a reason to be season ticket holders first and then we can figure out where to go next

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#113 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Dec 6, 2018 3:20 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

There could also be a number of Knicks fans that just wanted to see Westbrok & PG at an affordable price.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#114 » by MGrand15 » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:21 pm

MDB, you gotta stop reading Twitter and ND comments. It's bad for your health :lol: Might as well read YouTube comments.

Considering we've lost 9 straight with at least 3 more coming, this board is super calm.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,858

Post#115 » by Karate Diop » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:22 pm

Through the early season downs and the recent ups I was happy with the fact that D'Angelo was competing on defense, improving on his turnovers and starting to mix it up with crafty drives... But that terrible, TERRIBLE shot... May have broken my optimism / outlook for him.

That's basketball 101... And it's not the first time he's taken such a shot or made such a play (the turnover versus the Pelicans, etc.).

It's just plan inexcusable... And while you can point to a laundry list of other players by other players that also contributed to the loss, that shot was just heart-wrenching... If you're going to be a cornerstone for any franchise, you have to be better.

Kenny also needs to do a better job of making these guys (primarily Russell and Dinwiddie) understand that when they're in that situation where the game is tied or you're up 1-2 - you need to put the ball on the deck and drive to the rim instead of taking contested hero threes. If you put the ball on the floor and attack the rim it just opens up so more possibilities for both yourself AND your teammates.

I'll never stop watching the Nets but this L had me furious.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#116 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:38 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I think you're being a bit harsh there. Every team in the league has its fair share of **** fans and homers who are delusional. Knicks as a franchise haven't done **** since the early 70s, but their fans feel entitled af. Philly and Boston fans have a reputation as obnoxious and classless. Raptors fans, well just take a look at GB, they come across as the worst bunch out there. Nets have struggled with fan support, for various reasons. But I truly do believe that its a matter of having an actual superstar on your team. Were the Warriors some huge franchise before this current team? No. But right now, America is full of bandwagon Warriors fans and nearly every kid idolizes Curry. Superstars in this league change the level of fan support immensely. If Westbrook and Paul George didn't play for the Thunder, and Thunder were a lotto team, Barclays wouldn't have so many cheers for OKC.

I saw people on TV with OKC jerseys on.

I mean I can understand The Sixers and Knicks, or the Warriors. But the Thunder??? :o :lol: goddamn I hate this

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#117 » by Claud » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:38 pm

Not sure what people were expecting.

Coming into this season there was a lot of positivity surrounding the team but it all disappeared after CL's injury.

It's a team full of role players + young players + young coach. LeVert had made such a step as a player that he made people forget that.

Not saying with CL we'd be a playoffs team but he was the soul of the team and was able to mask a lot of deficiencies

With him being gone now we get to see players for who they really are.

Dinwiddie has improved since getting to BK but it has all been OFFENSIVE improvements. Still a zero defensively.

Russ is a better defender than Din which should tell you everything you need to know. Both play terrible defense suffice it to say.

Russ has improved from last year but he is who he is as a player. Inefficient volume shooter with good not great vision who is limited athletically.

Kenny gets a lot of **** but he is polishing turds into something workable here. I 100% agree Kenny still needs to grow and improve as a coach but he has the guys ready to play and battle every night. He develops players left and right and if we are rebuilding he's the perfect coach to have. He isn't a win-now-mode coach though I'd agree with that.

Kenny must realize:

- Dinwiddie and Russell simply can't work together. Both trash on D and depend on hogging the ball to make a difference on O. He needs to do a better job splitting those 2 with different units.

- RHJ needs to stop guarding players who have 50 lbs and 5 inches on him. IT DOES NOT WORK. Play him vs. wings!

- Kurucs has been super productive every chance he gets while Dud/DMC/RHJ/Crabbe have had **** seasons. I understand bringing him along slowly but at what point do you just play the best player/option?

- Under 3 secs out of bounds execution in crunch time needs to be looked at. We are comically bad in this aspect.

Lastly, all of this losing will ultimately end up netting us a top 10 pick minimum. We were just as bad in previous years but had to give up our good draft pick to another team... at least we get to keep it as a reward for suffering this season. Year zero.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#118 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:43 pm

MGrand15 wrote:MDB, you gotta stop reading Twitter and ND comments. It's bad for your health :lol: Might as well read YouTube comments.

Considering we've lost 9 straight with at least 3 more coming, this board is super calm.

yeah I know. When I attack the fanbase believe me I am NOT talking about our board here. We all disagree about a lot of things on here which is great because groupthink is boring but here everyone is pretty chill.

Nets Twitter and NetsDaily is exactly what I'm talking about when I call this fanbase trash. :lol:

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#119 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:44 pm

For my health, I'm glad I haven't been able to come around here as much as I have in season's past. Working an extra job another 20 hours a week and my little free time goes to football/ fantasy football and my family.

But last night...

1. hearing the "MVP" chants for George, the "OKC" chants, that **** bugs me to no end. But I suppose I get it... until we have a star we're not going to bring in casual fans.

2. we are the worst inbounding team in history. 4 seconds left with an inbound play? 100% chance of a loss right there.
boilernet
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#120 » by boilernet » Thu Dec 6, 2018 4:45 pm

Someone that I am really interested in adding to this team, who is earning more and more money with each game that passes, is Julius Randle. He is putting up absurd numbers -- when he starts (6 games), he is averaging 24/12/3 on 58/39/66. More athleticism is definitely something we need, and he is still super young.

If he continues to develop the 3 point shot, even if he can just get to 33% or so, I think he'd be a nice fit next to Allen.

One of the Duke boys + Randle + Allen is a whole lot of athleticism.

Return to Brooklyn Nets