ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Raptors vs Nets - Friday, 12/07/18, 7:30pm

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Re: GT: Raptors vs Nets - Friday, 12/07/18, 7:30pm 

Post#81 » by kamaze » Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I hope yall heard Russell's post game interview, he was clearly talking about the **** that gets talked online by this fanbase about these players, especially by the **** heads over at NetsDaily and on Nets twitter.

He made a late game gaffe but alls well that ends well. He came to play tonight and hit some huge shots.

Nope I didn't.
He continues to make bonehead plays like he did in this game and he'll continue to get called out on it. Russell if you're reading this YOU coughed up the ball trying to go 1 on 1 the play before that's why Kenny sat your ass on the bench that's why you get called out Rhondae saved your ass with some good defense.

The fan base is how it is DLO will continue to get called out for bad play.

Does anyone think he had a great game tonight? I think he had a good night scoring the ball but the 6 turnovers is cringe worthy especially on the last offensive possession..
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
kamaze
General Manager

Post#82 » by kamaze » Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:33 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:This is one thing I don't understand why Kenny don't have this in the playbook. He was good in the post as a Laker, I have not seen him post up once here. He's not going to blow by anybody so why not put him in position to thrive I mean I don't get it. Honestly I don't think Kenny is the coach that brings us to the next level. He might be a great assistant but as a head, I think we can do better.
I didn't watch him much as a Laker so I don't recall his post up game. But it's funny, this was a gutsy team win. And you love the effort (and the emotion) from these guys and you can tell how much they wanted to win this (and win it as a team) but at the same time going up against the a team like the Raptors shows how much we still have to go and how much our core players still need to get better.

Rondae legit played tough defense on Leonard. Russell's mid range was wet. Spencer pretty much got to the basket at will.

Those three are the ones we have decisions to make on and I think this game showed off all their strengths but also their weaknesses.

Sean has a very tough decision yo make on who to keep and how much he needs to pay these guys to keep the core in tact.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

What the Raptors game showed is the need for doubling down on strength training. They were pushing our guys all over the place. That'll come with time.

The team got up for this game. There was more defensive intensity and finally a help defender came to stop the game winner!! (Dinwiddie) Rhondae was up for the challenge of defending Kawi. Btw they should bring back Donny Marshall Sarah Kustok was better last year when she broke down the game now she just yucks it up with Ian. And she's not in favor of the Nets when she makes calls. Again I hope she's reading this.

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#83 » by Papi_swav » Sat Dec 8, 2018 4:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:No **** ing **** D'Angelo's mid range game opened things up. how about we incorporate his post up game into the offense now as well?

This is one thing I don't understand why Kenny don't have this in the playbook. He was good in the post as a Laker, I have not seen him post up once here. He's not going to blow by anybody so why not put him in position to thrive I mean I don't get it. Honestly I don't think Kenny is the coach that brings us to the next level. He might be a great assistant but as a head, I think we can do better.

Kenny is flawed, but find me another coach that gets his guys ready to run through a wall versus impossible odds each night. We've had how many coaches here since Lawrence Frank got fired? And none of them remotely got their players to compete like the Nets do. I don't get the "Kenny ain't the guy" remarks.

The Nets lead the league in games that come down to the wire. Our only problem is the lack of inexperience and talent to finish the job like last night. Its a learning process for the younger guys and you would hope Marks can bring in some veteran talent that can help.

Yea I love Kenny and I don't want him to get fired now, but his rotations are not good and his set plays aren't the best either. And things like not having Russell post up or making other guys play to their strengths is not good. We kind of play like the Warriors and Rockets, only 3's or layups, but that doesn't fit our personnel right now. We don't have a star to play like this just yet. We'll see next year
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#84 » by SpeedyG » Sat Dec 8, 2018 5:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Going back to last night, I really did like the Russell/Carroll/Kurucs/Dudley/Davis line up but when Kenny used it in the 2nd half the Raptors D started trapping Russell and things got messy so that line up is probably a no go. The spacing was nice though.
I think i like that lineup better with Spencer better than Russell.

Deangelo against a good defensive team needs a 2nd ballhandler since he can't beat guys off the dribble. If we try a pnr (which is really where he's operated the best) they blitz him and force him to give it up.

If anything, I'd rather we find Joe in there over DMC or Dudley since he at least presents another threat to drive or shoot if we don't plan on having a 2nd ball handler.

I don't trust DMC/Dudley/Kurucs to create when they force the ball out of Russell's hands.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
kamaze
General Manager

Post#85 » by kamaze » Sat Dec 8, 2018 5:04 pm

Dlo posted up once I didn't see what was so special about it he missed the shot and we already know he's not a good decision maker/ has problems with turnovers. Just bc he did it in LA doesn't mean he should do it here this is a different team with a different offensive scheme that preaches team ball.

Guard isolations from the perimeter works in the the 4 out 1 in offense so does his mid range shots.

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#86 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:08 pm

I like Carroll on the floor when only one of DLo and Dinwiddie are on the court. Out of our healthy wings, he's the least clumsy with his dribble.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#87 » by Stone » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:36 pm

I was at the game last night. Probably one of my top 5 (non playoff) games I've been at and I've been to many.

Bottom line.....we shot the ball better than them.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Post#88 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:31 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I hope yall heard Russell's post game interview, he was clearly talking about the **** that gets talked online by this fanbase about these players, especially by the **** heads over at NetsDaily and on Nets twitter.

He made a late game gaffe but alls well that ends well. He came to play tonight and hit some huge shots.

Nope I didn't.
He continues to make bonehead plays like he did in this game and he'll continue to get called out on it. Russell if you're reading this YOU coughed up the ball trying to go 1 on 1 the play before that's why Kenny sat your ass on the bench that's why you get called out Rhondae saved your ass with some good defense.

Does anyone think he had a great game tonight? I think he had a good night scoring the ball but the 6 turnovers is cringe worthy especially on the last offensive possession..

He scored six of the team's 8 points in over time in a win over the best team in the league. Give it a rest for christ's sake.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#89 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:34 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:This is one thing I don't understand why Kenny don't have this in the playbook. He was good in the post as a Laker, I have not seen him post up once here. He's not going to blow by anybody so why not put him in position to thrive I mean I don't get it. Honestly I don't think Kenny is the coach that brings us to the next level. He might be a great assistant but as a head, I think we can do better.

Kenny is flawed, but find me another coach that gets his guys ready to run through a wall versus impossible odds each night. We've had how many coaches here since Lawrence Frank got fired? And none of them remotely got their players to compete like the Nets do. I don't get the "Kenny ain't the guy" remarks.

The Nets lead the league in games that come down to the wire. Our only problem is the lack of inexperience and talent to finish the job like last night. Its a learning process for the younger guys and you would hope Marks can bring in some veteran talent that can help.

Yea I love Kenny and I don't want him to get fired now, but his rotations are not good and his set plays aren't the best either. And things like not having Russell post up or making other guys play to their strengths is not good. We kind of play like the Warriors and Rockets, only 3's or layups, but that doesn't fit our personnel right now. We don't have a star to play like this just yet. We'll see next year

What rotations do you want him to use?

This team only has TWO players available right now that can create their own shot consistently. only 3 players that can handle the ball competently and only one player that can get to the rim consistently off of the dribble. Any line up that he puts out there is going to be flawed because this roster lacks talent across the board.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#90 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:37 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Going back to last night, I really did like the Russell/Carroll/Kurucs/Dudley/Davis line up but when Kenny used it in the 2nd half the Raptors D started trapping Russell and things got messy so that line up is probably a no go. The spacing was nice though.
I think i like that lineup better with Spencer better than Russell.

Deangelo against a good defensive team needs a 2nd ballhandler since he can't beat guys off the dribble. If we try a pnr (which is really where he's operated the best) they blitz him and force him to give it up.

If anything, I'd rather we find Joe in there over DMC or Dudley since he at least presents another threat to drive or shoot if we don't plan on having a 2nd ball handler.

I don't trust DMC/Dudley/Kurucs to create when they force the ball out of Russell's hands.

I was thinking that too, I would have liked to have seen that line up with Spencer at the point to see how it worked.

On defense I liked the line up. Ed Davis was not having any of the Raptors' b.s. last night. I hope he has enough legs under him versus the Knicks.

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#91 » by Trader_Joe » Sat Dec 8, 2018 9:10 pm

Everyone saw that epic D by RHJ on Kawhi?????

RHJ is our best PERIMETER defender. Kenny needs to remember that.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#92 » by kamaze » Sat Dec 8, 2018 10:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Nope I didn't.

He scored six of the team's 8 points in over time in a win over the best team in the league. Give it a rest for christ's sake.

I said he had a good game scoring since when does a player that gets 6 turnovers not get scrutinized?
If more fans weren't so laid back you wouldn't complain about the cheering for the other team because people would be louder for Brooklyn and the team possibly would get more respect from the refs.

Nothing about me as a fan is casual I'm the type to get into a fight over the game.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#93 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:49 pm

kamaze wrote:

Nope I didn't.

Do I think he had a great game? He scalled EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR POINTS IN OVERTIME and carries us in the 4th quarter.

you dont worry about turnovers when a guy drops 29 points and scores every bucket in overtime and plays solid defense.

you and the other DLO haters can go F yourselves. go to the hawks forum and go suck off Lin you Lintard
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#94 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:52 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Nope I didn't.

I said he had a good game scoring since when does a player that gets 6 turnovers not get scrutinized?
If more fans weren't so laid back you wouldn't complain about the cheering for the other team because people would be louder for Brooklyn and the team possibly would get more respect from the refs.

Nothing about me as a fan is casual I'm the type to get into a fight over the game.

where is your criticism of crabbe when he turns it over or shoots horribly?

stop pretending you are unbiased. you hate DLO because he took Lins job.

you are NOT a net fan.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,801

Post#95 » by Rich Rane » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Nope I didn't.

Do I think he had a great game? He scalled EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR POINTS IN OVERTIME and carries us in the 4th quarter.

you dont worry about turnovers when a guy drops 29 points and scores every bucket in overtime and plays solid defense.

you and the other DLO haters can go F yourselves. go to the hawks forum and go suck off Lin you Lintard

kamaze is anything, but a Lin fanboy. He was here way before Linsanity. Hell, he was here way before you. He's been here only a month less than I have.

I don't personally agree with kamaze's criticism on Russell, but I would not once for a second question his loyalty to the Nets.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#96 » by kamaze » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

where is your criticism of crabbe when he turns it over or shoots horribly?

stop pretending you are unbiased. you hate DLO because he took Lins job.

you are NOT a net fan.

Crabbe plays defense he's one of my fav players if you noticed he's been playing better this month averaging 13 ppg. DLo doesn't play the same in the 4th as he does in the 2nd or 3rd. I try to point out when he messes up during the game thread in hopes that people who don't see the mistakes can. Or maybe people want to just label me a hater without trying to see his faults. Whatever.

Do you you really think 2 turnovers in the 4th doesn't hurt the team? Can these fans really be that "casual" about th game? That's how it is being a Nets fan..

Return to Brooklyn Nets