ImageImageImageImageImage

Would You Drop Trou for AD?

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Re: Would You Drop Trou for AD? 

Post#21 » by shakendfries » Tue Feb 5, 2019 4:20 am

If we can get AD without trading Caris, Allen, or DLo (sort of like when Indiana traded George to OKC out of spite) I think Marks should go for it.
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:10 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:The next 72 hours will be extremely interesting.

Anthony Davis, the 25yo MVP candidate and walking 30/15/5/2/3 machine, is agitating for a trade. The Lakers, his WIDELY rumored preferred destination, have insulted New Orleans' FO with their initial offer. AD's hometown team, Chicago, has declared (unprompted) that Markannen and Carter are off limits. That would suggest that they are not looking to trade for a bigman. The only other team that was rumored to be in play for Unibrow was New York, and they just sent their best trade asset packing to Dallas.

Could this be the Brooklyn Nets' golden opportunity to swoop in for a franchise-altering player? If the Pelicans decide to wait until the summer, surely teams like Boston will join the bidding war. But if you believe the rumor mill, NOP may not have the stomach to wait for the summer, and may opt to avoid the possible drama of a drawn-out soap opera over their superstar's next destination.

Now, getting Davis won't be cheap. To outdo LAL's offer, we would need to sacrifice Jarrett Allen AND Caris LeVert, among others. IF we could move Crabbe along with them, we would be able to keep enough capspace to offer a maximum salary to a FA this summer. We have a fun nucleus now, but with AD and Russell in the fold, we could vault to the pole position for the very best FA's.

The trade deadline is February 7th. It may come and go without a peep from Brooklyn. But despite our affection for this core, would YOU pull the trigger on this deal?

Crabbe/LeVert/Allen/DEN1st for Davis/Miller/Frazier

I'll just leave this here:

Russell, Harris, Leonard, Kurucs, Davis
Napier, Dinwiddie, Musa, {Schofield}, Williams

I dont view Levert + Allen + both firsts for Davis as something i would even need to think about. That would be a bargain for Davis. I would make that move instantly. I dont view Levert as some generational prosprct, and i love allen, but again he isnt some blue chip guys. Both probably have all-star ceilngs but both are a long way from achieving that.

We would give up 0 lottery picks, 0 players taken in the lottery, and 0 double-double player.

that would be a heist if marks were able to make that trade.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#23 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:14 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:And today just reaffirms what I've been saying all along about this franchise and big name talent.

Anthony Davis is not interested in playing for the Nets, and neither are any of the other big names. So before people on here balk at signing Tobias Harris this summer, or resigning Russell for 20+ mil a season, realize that these are the only feasible choices.

Jimmy butler named us as one of 3 teams he would have accepted a trade to. you were proven wrong the day that was reported.

im sure kemba would consider us. im sure kyrie would consider us. im fairly confident kawhi would consider us
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:And today just reaffirms what I've been saying all along about this franchise and big name talent.

Anthony Davis is not interested in playing for the Nets, and neither are any of the other big names. So before people on here balk at signing Tobias Harris this summer, or resigning Russell for 20+ mil a season, realize that these are the only feasible choices.

Jimmy butler named us as one of 3 teams he would have accepted a trade to. you were proven wrong the day that was reported.

im sure kemba would consider us. im sure kyrie would consider us. im fairly confident kawhi would consider us

How was I proven wrong when Anthony Davis listed The Bucks and Knicks over us?

Irving most likely goes to the Knicks. Leonard to the Clippers.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#25 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Throw AD's list out. It is a fake Rich Paul list of teams that, at the time, did not have the assets the Pelicans desired in a Davis trade. It was basically his way of saying "only the Lakers" without actually saying "only the Lakers." With the crazy deal the Clippers just got for Harris, they now have the type of asset trove that would appeal to the Pelicans.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#26 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

you said no one wants to come here

a star player named us as a team on his list to be traded too... that proved you wrong. i can ven pull up the thread with your quote admitting you were wrong.

i dont think davis wants to be here. but other guys will. Maybe thats KAwhi. maybe its KP or someone down the line. this isnt siberia anymore
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#27 » by SpeedyG » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:06 pm

Unicorns list rumored to include us on it. There's been chatter about Kawhi even before he got traded to Toronto. Kyrie has been linked to us as well.

We won't appeal to every single free agent, but to say we won't appeal to ANY big free agent is just living in the past.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#28 » by DeRoma » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:36 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Unicorns list rumored to include us on it. There's been chatter about Kawhi even before he got traded to Toronto. Kyrie has been linked to us as well.

We won't appeal to every single free agent, but to say we won't appeal to ANY big free agent is just living in the past.

I think we still have a shot for getting KD the problem is we don’t have a back up plan. I think Marks is forced to make a move the next 24 hours in order to see what we are heading to this offseason
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#29 » by SpeedyG » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:45 pm

DeRoma wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Unicorns list rumored to include us on it. There's been chatter about Kawhi even before he got traded to Toronto. Kyrie has been linked to us as well.

I think we still have a shot for getting KD the problem is we don’t have a back up plan. I think Marks is forced to make a move the next 24 hours in order to see what we are heading to this offseason

KD is tough with his higher max after the Dinwiddie deal.

Financially the other max guys are better targets.

I don't get this "No backup plan" sentiment.

We're not a contender this season and were only a contender next season with the addition of 1 elite max (kawhi, kd) or at least 2 near elite max guys.

Barring that not happening, which i think most of us figured was at best a 30% chance for most...this was always going to be a long build.

DeRoma
Veteran

Post#30 » by DeRoma » Wed Feb 6, 2019 8:57 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

KD is tough with his higher max after the Dinwiddie deal.

Financially the other max guys are better targets.

I don't get this "No backup plan" sentiment.

We're not a contender this season and were only a contender next season with the addition of 1 elite max (kawhi, kd) or at least 2 near elite max guys.

Barring that not happening, which i think most of us figured was at best a 30% chance for most...this was always going to be a long build.

But even if we are talking about a long term rebuild the goal was still to fill the cap this season with a prominent player since by 2020 there aren’t anyone in the FA pool worth the max. Beyond 2020 Caris is gonna get paid along with joe Harris. Which at the point that we are running as a pinch above as an over the cap team.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#31 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 6, 2019 9:05 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

a star player named us as a team on his list to be traded too... that proved you wrong. i can ven pull up the thread with your quote admitting you were wrong.

i dont think davis wants to be here. but other guys will. Maybe thats KAwhi. maybe its KP or someone down the line. this isnt siberia anymore

I was wrong about Butler, I don't think I'm wrong about Davis, Leonard, and Durant.

Porzingas wanting to play here is a semblance of hope but I don't know if we can lure him from Dallas.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#32 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 7, 2019 12:57 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I was wrong about Butler, I don't think I'm wrong about Davis, Leonard, and Durant.

Porzingas wanting to play here is a semblance of hope but I don't know if we can lure him from Dallas.

maybe you are right maybe toy are wrong but this picture you are painting where "no one wants to come to the nets" and "we have no options" is outdated.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#33 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 7, 2019 1:50 am

^I think after the Harris trade, our options have been quite limited. I don't think Irving is coming here, Walker might stay in Charlotte. Who else is left? Durant and Leonard might end up teaming up on the Clippers. Davis will end up a Laker one way or another. Outside of gambling on Porzingas leaving Dallas, I don't see much out there for us.

DeRoma
Veteran

Post#34 » by DeRoma » Thu Feb 7, 2019 2:40 am

Read on Twitter

Trade DLO for AD!
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#35 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 5:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:^I think after the Harris trade, our options have been quite limited. I don't think Irving is coming here, Walker might stay in Charlotte. Who else is left? Durant and Leonard might end up teaming up on the Clippers. Davis will end up a Laker one way or another. Outside of gambling on Porzingas leaving Dallas, I don't see much out there for us.

There area ton of star players left, and the number of teams with maximum capspace is shrinking. You mentioned 6, and there are no guarantees that any are going to the destinations you outline. But in no particular order, other than the players you mentioned:

Klay
Kris
Jimmy
Nikola
Nikola

Then you have guys like Horford, Gasol and Barnes, who *could* opt out of their final years and seek a longer-term deal via FA. We are still in the running for everyone, and I like it.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#36 » by SpeedyG » Thu Feb 7, 2019 6:17 pm

DeRoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trade DLO for AD!
The absolute max I'm willing to offer for AD (and this is assuming I have some assurance he'll re up) would be Russell, Crabbe, Allen and our 2 firsts in 2019. Maaaaybe a 2021 protected 1st.

But this is all moot as it seems AD is focused on LA

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#37 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:04 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trade DLO for AD!
The absolute max I'm willing to offer for AD (and this is assuming I have some assurance he'll re up) would be Russell, Crabbe, Allen and our 2 firsts in 2019. Maaaaybe a 2021 protected 1st.

Yeah, I'm so proud of D'Angelo's growth, but this would be too good to pass if New Orleans were willing to do it. I wouldn't do it with expirings though, only Crabbe. Heck, I'd throw in Rondae for sweetener, since they just traded Wesley Johnson.

Crabbe/Russell/Jefferson/Allen/BRK1st/DEN1st for Davis and enough minimum contracts to balance salaries. That's a king's ransom, but moving Crabbe at the same time gives us about $43mil in capspace. Davis, a max FA, LeVert, Dinwiddie and Kurucs sounds like one heck of a core moving forward.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#38 » by SpeedyG » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:52 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trade DLO for AD!

Yeah, I'm so proud of D'Angelo's growth, but this would be too good to pass if New Orleans were willing to do it. I wouldn't do it with expirings though, only Crabbe. Heck, I'd throw in Rondae for sweetener, since they just traded Wesley Johnson.

Crabbe/Russell/Jefferson/Allen/BRK1st/DEN1st for Davis and enough minimum contracts to balance salaries. That's a king's ransom, but moving Crabbe at the same time gives us about $43mil in capspace. Davis, a max FA, LeVert, Dinwiddie and Kurucs sounds like one heck of a core moving forward.
Honestly the only reason that's even worth considering is the money potentially opening up for a max to pair with Davis, and that Russell's value has to be way up right now

Return to Brooklyn Nets