ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets @ Raptors 2/11/19 7:30pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Re: Nets @ Raptors 2/11/19 7:30pm EST 

Post#221 » by VinBaker6 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 am

Your team reminds me of the Raptors in 2014, hard playing scrappy team (I'm sure you guys remember that squad). Great game.

I really hope you guys get Boston in round 1. It would be poetic **** justice for you guys to knock them out.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app

S/O to TZ!
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#222 » by Papi_swav » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:50 am

VinBaker6 wrote:Your team reminds me of the Raptors in 2014, hard playing scrappy team (I'm sure you guys remember that squad). Great game.

I really hope you guys get Boston in round 1. It would be poetic **** justice for you guys to knock them out.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app

We're hoping for Pacers in round 1 but thanks.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#223 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:52 am

Wouldn't think we'd lose after the start the team had...

Unlucky.... Hope they one their last before ASB n follow up with a good run to start with after the ASB.

We need shooters to stay hot n make plays offensively. Let's go!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#224 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:20 am

MGrand15 wrote:I just don't get the point of playing a zone that they're scoring on EVERY single time. Only time they don't score is when they miss a wide open look. The process and result is dumb.

were much better in zone. our man defense is awful.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#225 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:25 am

this team is hard to beat when Crabbe and Harris are both shooting it well. if they both start clicking the second half will be alot of fun.

Glad this team followed up the trash effort vs the bulls with a better one tonight. im sure they got their medicine from kenny

Russell had an off night shooting and still dropped 28/14/7. absurd.

beat the cavs and head into the break with a winning record
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#226 » by LKIRNets » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:46 am

There aint no shame losing this game. Joey Buckets gon be mad at himself for taking that 2 but there aint no shame losing this game.

We took an Eastern Conference Championship bound Raptors and put them on their heals into the final :50 seconds. They are at another level than us and we had them. Damn I wanted that 3 to fall. Our PG is playing like an all star at age 22.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#227 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:54 am

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:I just don't get the point of playing a zone that they're scoring on EVERY single time. Only time they don't score is when they miss a wide open look. The process and result is dumb.

Do you have stats for this or is this just conjecture?
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#228 » by LKIRNets » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:03 am

3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

we're better in zone. We undersized at the 4 and young and vulnerable at the 5.

The zone cuts the PnR schemes teams use and forces them to get the ball out of the hot hand. Gasol was the nail, he hurt us for that one spurt. But what the zone did was keep the ball away from Kwahi and keep their 5 at the top of the nail instead of down low.
SubZero
Junior
And1: 185

Post#229 » by SubZero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:03 am

Wanted this one so bad

Sooooooooooooo close ahhhhhh

What a game tho man love this team
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#230 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 am

Is it just me or isn't it expected for LeVert to be rusty? This is the 2nd game he's played in months and it was against a top quality opponent. I just wanted him on the floor putting in work, the results will trend towards the positive in time. Cut him some slack folks.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#231 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:15 am

Prokorov wrote:

That's why I said it was pick your poison. We either stay in zone and force them to move the ball to try to find an opening or we sit in man and let Gasol beat the brakes off of Jarrett Allen. I'd prefer not to surrender threes but with the way Gasol was destroying us Kenny had to make some kind of adjustment.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#232 » by MGrand15 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:32 pm

The problem last night was that the zone was giving up layups. That's why teams rarely go zone. You move the ball right and you either get an open 3 or open layup. Then you have everyone crossmatched on rebounds.

It seems like Kenny wants us to be known as the first zone team in the modern NBA. Results be damned. I think it sends the team a bad message (your defense is so bad that we need to play zone ALL game) but I guess it's working. It will not be pretty in the playoffs though.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#233 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:17 pm

MGrand15 wrote:The problem last night was that the zone was giving up layups. That's why teams rarely go zone. You move the ball right and you either get an open 3 or open layup. Then you have everyone crossmatched on rebounds.

It seems like Kenny wants us to be known as the first zone team in the modern NBA. Results be damned. I think it sends the team a bad message (your defense is so bad that we need to play zone ALL game) but I guess it's working. It will not be pretty in the playoffs though.

Here's the thing...I think there was no way around it regardless. I would preferred that Kenny switch up the defensive looks and make the Raptors adjust on the fly to disorient them, but then you run the risk of guys being out of position as well. If we stay exclusively man, we're probably going to get done in on the pick and roll or, as we saw early in the 4th, Raptors were going to dump the ball down low and allow Gasol to go one on one. Dude was killing us with a series of running hooks that were pretty much unblockable.

So, say you stay in man to man, and double Gasol, then you're leaving high % shooters open. The end result is pretty similar.

In short, I dunno. We're not a very good defensive team individually so I really don't know what more Kenny could have done outside of forcing other players to beat us, which is what happened outside of that last Leonard shot.

The Raptors are a top 5, maybe top 3 team in the league now with Gasol and Leonard. There was no easy way out of it. Had the Nets converted on their FTs and Joe Harris hits that mid range J, or D'Angelo hits the three/drives in for two we maybe have a different outcome.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#234 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Is it just me or isn't it expected for LeVert to be rusty? This is the 2nd game he's played in months and it was against a top quality opponent. I just wanted him on the floor putting in work, the results will trend towards the positive in time. Cut him some slack folks.

Definitely expected rust and in fact I'm super happy with how confident he's been with his ankle and how spry he's looked.

He looks like he's mentally rushing things and trying too hard out there thus far, but was certainly to be expected.

I'd give him a month and he'll probably be clicking again. Can't wait! *Bart Scott voice
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#235 » by NetsJets » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Much better effort last night than in the previous game. Tough loss but I’m not upset. We just need to beat the Cavs next.
JiggaMan06
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#236 » by JiggaMan06 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Great effort by our Nets against (most likely) the ECF champions. Marc Gasol in the 3rd quarter was amazing. Serge in the 4th picked up where he left off. Its hard to focus on one play but that bad 3 pt by Levert that lead to the Kawhi And 1 dunk was major. I thought Joe Harris was going to float it or dump it off to JA. I will say when Crabbe is hot he's hot. I love what he brings to this team, just hate his contract number.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#237 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:53 pm

it was a really fun game to watch last night. The defensive lapse at the end when they hit the 3 to tie it, from what I saw we just have to rotate faster, and that's tough when you're opponent is moving the ball around very quickly. I think their mantra is to cut down on the drives to the hoops, contest as many long range shots as possible, and just secure EVERY defensive rebound and make sure all your offensive possessions result in a clean looking shot. I'm fine with continuing this.

side note- I wish Rondae can continue to develop into what Siakam has become. He's so valuable for them... and I trust Rondae's work ethic to keep getting better, so who knows what'll happen.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#238 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:40 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

yes ill post them shortly...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#239 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Is it just me or isn't it expected for LeVert to be rusty? This is the 2nd game he's played in months and it was against a top quality opponent. I just wanted him on the floor putting in work, the results will trend towards the positive in time. Cut him some slack folks.

wait, people are getting on levert?

Dudes Ankle was basically severed just a couple months ago, he is 2 games in and people expect him to be in peak form?

you dont miss 2 months and just step in and kill it. His stamina alone will take time. and he is getting to the rim he just hasnt finished. that will come with reps. you dont forget how to make layups. if he looked slow or tentative thats one thing, but thats not the case.

Man for a board that kills me for insinuating that levert isnt a cant miss star it didnt take long to turn on him for not being a 20/5/5 guy day 1 back
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#240 » by Prokorov » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:00 pm

MGrand15 wrote:The problem last night was that the zone was giving up layups. That's why teams rarely go zone. You move the ball right and you either get an open 3 or open layup. Then you have everyone crossmatched on rebounds.

The results are there. we give up layups, foul a ton, and give up open 3s when we go man. The zone has made a huge impact, we are middle of the pack defensively this season. and it has turned poor to average defenders like dinwiddie, dlo, levert, dudley, harris into passable to good defenders.

This team is analytics and results based... the results are WHY we are using so much zone.

when we go man, we pretty much get obliterated

Return to Brooklyn Nets