ImageImageImageImageImage

The Rotation?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,827

The Rotation? 

Post#1 » by Karate Diop » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:03 pm

What's your ideal rotation assuming everyone is at full health?

PG: ? / ? / ?
SG: ? / ? / ?
SF: ? / ? / ?
PF: ? / ? / ?
C: ? / ? / ?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: The Rotation? 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:23 pm

Karate Diop wrote:What's your ideal rotation assuming everyone is at full health?

PG: ? / ? / ?
SG: ? / ? / ?
SF: ? / ? / ?
PF: ? / ? / ?
C: ? / ? / ?

PG: Russell 32M, Dinwiddie 16M
SG: Levert 24M, Dinwiddie 12M, Harris 12M
SF: Harris 16M, Crabbe 24M, Kurucs 6M, Levert 4M
PF: Kurucs 12 M, Carroll 24M, Graham/RHJ 12M ------> mix this based on who is playing well in that game
C: Allen 28M, Davis 20M

Napier and RHJ or Graham has to eat pine. dudley assistant coach status the rest of the way
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#3 » by LOUiS-D » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:37 pm

It's hard. A lot of guys have had their moments and stepped up. Ultimately I'd reward consistency first though. A lot of mouths to feed. These minutes are pretty chopped up. Not sure how realistic this is.

DLo (28) / Din (20) / Bazz (0+)
LeVert (28) / Harris (8) / Din (8) / Crabbe (4) / Musa (0+)
Harris (20) / Crabbe (14) /Carroll (8) / Rodi (6)
Trev (16) / RHJ (12) / Carroll (12) / Rodi (8) / Dudley (0+)
JA (28) / Ed (20)

Total
DLo 28, Din 28, LeVert 28, Harris 28, JA 28, Carroll 20, Ed 20, Crabbe 18, Trev 16, Rodi 14, RHJ 12.

Spot minutes for Dudley, Musa, Bazz
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,561

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Not going to break down by mins, just by rotation:

PG: Russell/Dinwiddie
SG: LeVert/Crabbe
SF: Harris/Carroll
PF: Kurucs/Graham/RHJ
C: Allen/Davis

The PF spot will probably see the most fluctuation. Kurucs' mins need to be reduced to keep him fresh, Graham and RHJ should basically compete to see who stays on the floor

I think Kenny should realistically cut the rotation down to 10 players a night. If we make the playoffs, 9 guys with Russell/LeVert/Dinwiddie/Harris seeing the most mins.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#5 » by kamaze » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:50 pm

The PF spot will probably see the most fluctuation. Kurucs' mins need to be reduced to keep him fresh, Graham and RHJ should basically compete to see who stays on the floor

I think Kenny should realistically cut the rotation down to 10 players a night. If we make the playoffs, 9 guys with Russell/LeVert/Dinwiddie/Harris seeing the most mins.[/quote]

I'm with you but Graham is better as a guard. He only starts because we have injuries and Kenny likes to go small.

PG: Russell/Dinwiddie/Napier
SG: LeVert/Crabbe
SF: Harris/Carroll/Kurucs
PF: Dudley/ Kurucs/Rhondae
C: Allen/Davis
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#6 » by MGrand15 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 pm

We should hope Kurucs snaps out of his funk and gets right. He's crucial to the team. Big reason this run started. If he doesn't start, he's gotta get regular minutes.

I think people are forgetting how helpful Dudley was when he was on the floor. I think he 100% has to play 15-20 a night. Graham or RHJ are going to be benched but we need shooting + passing at the 4.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#7 » by SpeedyG » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Russell/Spencer
Caris/Crabbe
Harris/Carroll
Rondae/Kurucs
Allen/Davis

So I've been big on Kurucs starting, but I wonder if we aren't better off flipping the two in the rotation. Let's not forget that Rondae was kinda finding his groove starting at 4 before he got hurt again.

More importantly, I DON'T want Rondae trying to do too much. I don't want him barreling around, going coast to coast, and being an uncontrollable whirlwind offensively

I want him to play good D, get rebounds, clean up on put backs, and finish off Russell and Caris.

On the flip side, Rodi can go back to being an energy hustle guy going against bench guys. Spencer Carroll Crabbe and Davis is enough offense also to take enough attention off Rodi so he sneak the baseline and score.

Closing lineups vary based on how teams are playing us and who's playing well, but I'll probably say , Russell/Spencer, Caris, Joe, and match up based on 4/5

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#8 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Last night was how RHJ needs to play for the rest of the season.

and yeah I agree, I think the starting 5 that we went with last night is what we need to stick with. Let Davis/Kurucs/Carroll/Crabbe/Spencer run the 2nd unit while Graham gets his minutes in when he can for defense.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#9 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:28 pm

I like RHJ but I don't think he should start. His tunnel vision and shooting really hurt the starting lineup. If we're starting Russell, Caris, Harris - those are 3 guys that need touches. With Allen being an elite roll man, we need the last guy to be a floor spacer and ball mover.

Coming off the bench, his energy is a lot more helpful and his weaknesses aren't as magnified.
kamaze
General Manager

Post#10 » by kamaze » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Last night was how RHJ needs to play for the rest of the season.

and yeah I agree, I think the starting 5 that we went with last night is what we need to stick with. Let Davis/Kurucs/Carroll/Crabbe/Spencer run the 2nd unit while Graham gets his minutes in when he can for defense.

Last night was one of the ugliest games of he year it flows a lot smoother with Dudley starting.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#11 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:49 pm

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Last night was how RHJ needs to play for the rest of the season.

Last night was one of the ugliest games of he year it flows a lot smoother with Dudley starting.

I'm not going to argue about Dudley, I have no issue with him but the Nets lose last night if Hollis-Jefferson doesn't step up like he did last night. That was by far his best game of the season.

kamaze
General Manager

Post#12 » by kamaze » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:04 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
kamaze wrote:

I'm not going to argue about Dudley, I have no issue with him but the Nets lose last night if Hollis-Jefferson doesn't step up like he did last night. That was by far his best game of the season.

It was my point is it was an ugly game the game had no flow to it until 3 OT.

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#13 » by Curns13 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:43 am

SpeedyG wrote:Russell/Spencer
Caris/Crabbe
Harris/Carroll
Rondae/Kurucs
Allen/Davis

So I've been big on Kurucs starting, but I wonder if we aren't better off flipping the two in the rotation. Let's not forget that Rondae was kinda finding his groove starting at 4 before he got hurt again.

More importantly, I DON'T want Rondae trying to do too much. I don't want him barreling around, going coast to coast, and being an uncontrollable whirlwind offensively

I want him to play good D, get rebounds, clean up on put backs, and finish off Russell and Caris.

On the flip side, Rodi can go back to being an energy hustle guy going against bench guys. Spencer Carroll Crabbe and Davis is enough offense also to take enough attention off Rodi so he sneak the baseline and score.

Closing lineups vary based on how teams are playing us and who's playing well, but I'll probably say , Russell/Spencer, Caris, Joe, and match up based on 4/5

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

I’ve thought for a while that RHJ seems to play better as a starter. I went to the numbers and the evidence is there:

Starter: TS% .527, ORtg 106, DRtg 107
Reserve: TS% .496, ORtg 99, DRtg 109

I’m not suggesting he’s played well enough to earn the starters spot, but neither has Graham and Kurucs is in a pretty big slump (although AS weekend might get him outta that).

Graham on the otherhand has the exact opposite stats:

Starter: TS% .505, ORtg 99, DRtg 1 15
Reserve: TS% .539, ORtg 108, DRtg 111

Rodi too, in a very small sample size, has been more effective off the bench.

I’d say that is happening because RHJ’s needs to get to the basket more than Graham and Rodi to be effective and having better players on the floor means he gets the ball in better positions. He also has one of the opposition’s worst defenders on him making his path to the basket easier. On the other hand Graham’s shooting and Rodi cutting should translate just as well against 2nd units. If KA wants to get the best outta the 4s we have, he might wanna think about starting RHJ and bringing Graham and Rodi off the bench.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#14 » by Prokorov » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:33 am

i wouldnt be too confident on Kurucs giving us what he did earlier.... he has hit a hard wall... and its not like he played a full college season at 20+ mpg last year. he barely played last year. he isnt ready for an 82 game season
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#15 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:i wouldnt be too confident on Kurucs giving us what he did earlier.... he has hit a hard wall... and its not like he played a full college season at 20+ mpg last year. he barely played last year. he isnt ready for an 82 game season

Exactly. I love Rodi and believe in his long-term potential, but he's gassed (and who could blame him). With the information we have at hand (assuming Spencer returns soon), for the remainder of the season my best rotation is this:

RUSSELL (30) - Napier (14) - Dinwiddie (4)
LEVERT (22) - Dinwiddie (20) - Pinson (6)
HARRIS (28) - Carroll (18) - LeVert (2)
JEFFERSON (26) - Graham (12) - Kurucs (10)
ALLEN (24) - David (16) - Kurucs (8)

Dudley can plug in admirably for anyone injured, but I would rather seal him out of the rotation if we can help it.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#16 » by NetsJets » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:46 pm

D’Angelo Russell/Spencer Dinwiddie
Caris LeVert/DeMarre Carroll
Joe Harris/Allen Crabbe
Rodion Kurucs/Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Jarrett Allen/Ed Davis

Graham/Napier/Dudley gets minutes based on extenuating circumstances.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#17 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Hate to say, but I think we are better without RHJ in the rotation. He either had to play with the starters where he doesn't feel a need to force shots as much, or simply sit. I really think Carroll and Kurucs can man the position for now with rollover to Graham who is simply much more in control than RHJ. That leaves Dudley completely out as well.

Once Dinwiddie is back, I would do this...

Russell (32) / Diniwwide (16)
LeVert (24) / Crabbe (14) / Dinwiddie (10)
Harris (28) / Crabbe (10) / Carroll (10)
Kurucs (20) / Carroll (14) / Graham (14)
Allen (26) / Davis (22)

Or something like that...

Russell - 32
Harris - 28
Dinwiddie - 26
Allen - 26
LeVert - 24
Crabbe - 24
Carroll - 24
Davis - 22
Kurucs - 20
Graham - 14
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#18 » by DeRoma » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:13 am

Russell - 30 / Dinwiddie - 12 / LeVert - 6
LeVert - 22 / Dinwiddie - 16 / Crabbe - 10
Harris - 28 / Carroll - 10 / Crabbe - 10
Graham - 14 / Carroll - 14 / Kurucs - 20
Allen - 28 / Davis - 20
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#19 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:41 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Hate to say, but I think we are better without RHJ in the rotation. He either had to play with the starters where he doesn't feel a need to force shots as much, or simply sit.

I feel you on some of this, but I think he can the starting 4-man for us through the rest of the season, providing health.

Rondae is a net negative when he doesn't start, but that shouldn't be the strongest argument to start him. I agree, if that were his best feature, I'd eliminate him form the rotation altogether. BUT, he is a really good contributor as a starter. His hesitance to create his own shot is less glaring with other shooters around him. And I'm not sure we're ready to say good bye to him after this season, no reason to freeze him out.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets