Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Nets @ Cavs 2/13/19 7:00pm EST: Pre All Star Break Finale 

Post#361 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:49 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:This is where we disagree. And a lot more people disagrees with you on the T&T board as well. RHJ calling card was his defense, but Siakam defense is waaayyyy better than RHJs already. That alone makes him more valuable .

the T&T board, and RealGM in general is like 50% raptors fans. really not unbiased.

Saying Siakim's defense is WAAAY better is an enormous overstatement. Siakim also benefits from being between maybe the leagues best wing defender (Kawhi) and one of the leagues better helpside shot blockers (Ibaka). RHJ doesnt have such luxury.

In Any event... i refuse to believe a team of:

Kyle Lowry
Danny Green
OG Anonuby
Kawhi Leonard
Serge Ibaka

with a stacked bench of: Van Vleet, CJ Miles, Norman Powell, and Jonas Valacuinas wouldnt still be a 43-16 type team.

- lol dude you just love making excuses, it's not even all Raps fans that's disagreeing with you, it's fans from other teams so cut it out.

- dude, check out those analytics and stats that you love so much.
Kawhi - ORPM: 2.79 DRPM: -0.13 RPM: 2.66 WINS: 5.50
Siakam- ORPM: 1.89 (4th in PF) DRPM: 1.89 RPM: 3.78 (3rd in PF) WINS: 8.13 (3rd in PF)
Ibaka- ORPM: -0.01 DRPM: -0.37 RPM: -0.38 WINS: 2.76

So please tell me again how easily replaceable Siakam is. He is top 3 among power forwards in most those categories. Siakam is a big part of the reason why Raps are top 2 and he has better analytics then both these guys. So maybe Kawhi and Ibaka benefits from having him there as well.

-I don't believe Raps will still be a 43-16 team without Siakam. You can't just put anybody in there to replicate what he does and RHJ definitely isn't keeping them afloat to a 43-16 record. He is 15th in the entire league with 8.13 WINS.

RPM is not the same as RAPM, it can be used stand alone without other metrics. even RAPM shouldnt be used stand alone.

Siakim just isnt a difference maker. he is an excellent role player, but those are replacable. They won 60 games last year with siakim not being a major contributor. they will win 60 games again this year... not because of him, because they have a top 5 player in kawhi an all-star PG in lowry and a floor spacing shot block big in ibaka with one of the leagues best benches.

Siakim is like levert. he impacts the game, he puts up good numbers, but there are dozens of guys like him across the league you could swap with for no difference. id argue they would be better if you put joe harris or crabbe in there, guys who space the floor better
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,235

Post#362 » by Papi_swav » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:39 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
the T&T board, and RealGM in general is like 50% raptors fans. really not unbiased.

Saying Siakim's defense is WAAAY better is an enormous overstatement. Siakim also benefits from being between maybe the leagues best wing defender (Kawhi) and one of the leagues better helpside shot blockers (Ibaka). RHJ doesnt have such luxury.

In Any event... i refuse to believe a team of:

Kyle Lowry
Danny Green
OG Anonuby
Kawhi Leonard
Serge Ibaka

with a stacked bench of: Van Vleet, CJ Miles, Norman Powell, and Jonas Valacuinas wouldnt still be a 43-16 type team.

- lol dude you just love making excuses, it's not even all Raps fans that's disagreeing with you, it's fans from other teams so cut it out.

Siakam- ORPM: 1.89 (4th in PF) DRPM: 1.89 RPM: 3.78 (3rd in PF) WINS: 8.13 (3rd in PF)

So please tell me again how easily replaceable Siakam is. He is top 3 among power forwards in most those categories. Siakam is a big part of the reason why Raps are top 2 and he has better analytics then both these guys. So maybe Kawhi and Ibaka benefits from having him there as well.

-I don't believe Raps will still be a 43-16 team without Siakam. You can't just put anybody in there to replicate what he does and RHJ definitely isn't keeping them afloat to a 43-16 record. He is 15th in the entire league with 8.13 WINS.

RPM is not the same as RAPM, it can be used stand alone without other metrics. even RAPM shouldnt be used stand alone.

Siakim just isnt a difference maker. he is an excellent role player, but those are replacable. They won 60 games last year with siakim not being a major contributor. they will win 60 games again this year... not because of him, because they have a top 5 player in kawhi an all-star PG in lowry and a floor spacing shot block big in ibaka with one of the leagues best benches.

Siakim is like levert. he impacts the game, he puts up good numbers, but there are dozens of guys like him across the league you could swap with for no difference. id argue they would be better if you put joe harris or crabbe in there, guys who space the floor better

:lol: :lol: damn bro it's no losing with you... I'm done, on to the next debate.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#363 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:- lol dude you just love making excuses, it's not even all Raps fans that's disagreeing with you, it's fans from other teams so cut it out.

:lol: :lol: damn bro it's no losing with you... I'm done, on to the next debate.

if you want to drastically overrate Siakim i would suggest the raptors board maybe
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#364 » by iamworthy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Russell was having a sub-par game before the third OT. I saw a interesting tweet on Twitter last week after the Cavs game. It said if it wasn't for a minute restriction on caris and dinwiddie being out injured, Kenny would have never played Russell during the overtime quarters. Made me think a little.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,767

Post#365 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:01 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Russell was having a sub-par game before the third OT. I saw a interesting tweet on Twitter last week after the Cavs game. It said if it wasn't for a minute restriction on caris and dinwiddie being out injured, Kenny would have never played Russell during the overtime quarters. Made me think a little.

It made you think about what, how salty you are? Think about this:

LeVert was 2-7 in the 2nd half including OT 1 where he missed all 3 of his shot attempts. If Kenny benched Russell for that, the Nets most likely lose because no one was going to carry the Nets like Russell did in that 3rd OT.

I'm about done with you Russell haters. You all act like a bunch of bitches.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#366 » by iamworthy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

LeVert was 2-7 in the 2nd half including OT 1 where he missed all 3 of his shot attempts. If Kenny benched Russell for that, the Nets most likely lose because no one was going to carry the Nets like Russell did in that 3rd OT.

How on earth did you read that and pull away me being a Russell hater? Wow...... My point was Kenny is so quick to bench Russell,(unfairly I might add when you see dinwiddie pulling some crazy stuff sometimes) that he was forced to play him in the third OT.... Which was a blessing. I don't think we see Russell in the 3rd OT if the circumstances were different which is a knock on Kenny in my opinion. I thought my post was Cleary questioning Kenny's decision making in regards to Russell's usage towards the end of games. And I agree that if he benched Russell the nets lose. Russell needs to be in at the end of games... Period
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#367 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:54 pm

iamworthy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

How on earth did you read that and pull away me being a Russell hater? Wow...... My point was Kenny is so quick to bench Russell,(unfairly I might add when you see dinwiddie pulling some crazy stuff sometimes) that he was forced to play him in the third OT.... Which was a blessing. I don't think we see Russell in the 3rd OT if the circumstances were different which is a knock on Kenny in my opinion. I thought my post was Cleary questioning Kenny's decision making in regards to Russell's usage towards the end of games. And I agree that if he benched Russell the nets lose. Russell needs to be in at the end of games... Period

GTFO of here with nonsense. I am 10000% DONE with this garbage about Kenny somehow mismanaging Russell. Russell is having a breakout season and has time after time after time said he WANTS to be coached and wants that tough love. Russell is the player he is today because Kenny hasnt let him take an inch anywhere... and its give and take. in that OT russell waived off a play to go at it himself an kenny so ok go do it. their is a trust between them

I absolutely can not fathom the hate and criticism of atkinson. He has a 25 win talent type team on pace for a 42 win season and the playoffs despite a catastophic injury to levert early on and tons of missed time for starters and rotation players.

Like legit:

-we are winning games
-almost everyone is having a breakout year

"kenny sucks"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#368 » by iamworthy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:02 pm

Sorry for posting over here. You guys are pretty angry for a team having a wonderful season. Kenny is awesome and apparently every Lakers fan is a Russell hater... Got it. Peace fellas.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#369 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:44 pm

iamworthy wrote:Sorry for posting over here. You guys are pretty angry for a team having a wonderful season. Kenny is awesome and apparently every Lakers fan is a Russell hater... Got it. Peace fellas.

I just dont have time to hear how our coach is mishandling Russell when he has him breaking out into an all-star, praising his tough love, and has us already with more wins then last year and sitting in the 6th seed.

Like legit if we won 32 games this year i would have called i an enormous success. we are already at 30 with 23 games to play. Russell, Dinwiddie, Levert, and Harris are all having enormous years with vast imrprovement.

but hey lets bash the coach

im open to criticismof any/all things nets. we have years before this thing is turned around. but im not going to hear nonsense about Kenny mishandling russell
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#370 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

GTFO of here with nonsense. I am 10000% DONE with this garbage about Kenny somehow mismanaging Russell. Russell is having a breakout season and has time after time after time said he WANTS to be coached and wants that tough love. Russell is the player he is today because Kenny hasnt let him take an inch anywhere... and its give and take. in that OT russell waived off a play to go at it himself an kenny so ok go do it. their is a trust between them

I absolutely can not fathom the hate and criticism of atkinson. He has a 25 win talent type team on pace for a 42 win season and the playoffs despite a catastophic injury to levert early on and tons of missed time for starters and rotation players.

Like legit:

-we are winning games

"kenny sucks"

MrDollarBills wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

You two need to SERIOUSLY chill out. Crazy responses to a regular post.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#371 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:25 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Like legit:

-we are winning games

"kenny sucks"

MrDollarBills wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

oh jesus christ dude, are you serious? Unbelievable.

Only on a Nets forum would you find a Lakers fan throwing SHADE on the team's all star guard because he's salty as hell how things went down and lo and behold a Nets fan would run coming to said Lakers' fan's aid. I wish you'd stick up for D'Angelo Russell as hard as you are for this lakers troll who has done nothing but run his mouth about Russell and the Nets on the General Board for weeks now and finally decided to take his crap on here, where you've decided to embrace him.

This team has the worst fanbase in the NBA, and it shows when you see crap like this. At least act like yall root for these **** ing players FFS.

iamworthy
RealGM

Post#372 » by iamworthy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Prokorov wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Sorry for posting over here. You guys are pretty angry for a team having a wonderful season. Kenny is awesome and apparently every Lakers fan is a Russell hater... Got it. Peace fellas.

I just dont have time to hear how our coach is mishandling Russell when he has him breaking out into an all-star, praising his tough love, and has us already with more wins then last year and sitting in the 6th seed.

Like legit if we won 32 games this year i would have called i an enormous success. we are already at 30 with 23 games to play. Russell, Dinwiddie, Levert, and Harris are all having enormous years with vast imrprovement.

but hey lets bash the coach

im open to criticismof any/all things nets. we have years before this thing is turned around. but im not going to hear nonsense about Kenny mishandling russell

Definitely not here to bash Kenny although sometimes I don't agree with his handling of Russell. I was just pointing out that in that Cavs game, Russell would have not gotten the opportunity to go off in the 3rd OT if caris and dinwiddie were available. Kenny has done a wonderful job and as he has stated coaches Russell the hardest.... Because that's what Russell wants. I'm not here to judge Kenny's coaching this year, that would be silly considering how well you guys are doing with the injuries you guys had. I was just talking about that one incident which is why I posted the tweet.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#373 » by iamworthy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:27 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Like legit:

-we are winning games

"kenny sucks"

MrDollarBills wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

:lol: thanks bruh
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#374 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:33 pm

We talk **** about the Knicks all day but I guarantee if we went on their forum talking smack about their players we'd be mauled (and suspended after their mods let their posters take turns cussing us from here til next week).

But on here? Net fans bitch as their own fellow Net fans in defense of a **** ing troll. Get the **** out of here, if thats how yall wanna do it let me know and I'll gladly see my way off of here, I'm not going to sit here and stay quiet when dudes come on here with that passive aggressive bull **** or talk trash about Nets players.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#375 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:35 pm

iamworthy wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Like legit:

-we are winning games

"kenny sucks"

MrDollarBills wrote:

:lol: thanks bruh

^^hey MGrand you want to give this dude a hug for support while you're at it with the white knight act?

*edit: I'll apologize to you, but you're on here defending a troll.

MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#376 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:35 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Like legit:

-we are winning games

"kenny sucks"

MrDollarBills wrote:

Only on a Nets forum would you find a Lakers fan throwing SHADE on the team's all star guard because he's salty as hell how things went down and lo and behold a Nets fan would run coming to said Lakers' fan's aid. I wish you'd stick up for D'Angelo Russell as hard as you are for this lakers troll who has done nothing but run his mouth about Russell and the Nets on the General Board for weeks now and finally decided to take his crap on here, where you've decided to embrace him.

This team has the worst fanbase in the NBA, and it shows when you see crap like this. At least act like yall root for these **** ing players FFS.

Where is he throwing shade at Russell? I see zero hate or negativity.

Once Spencer and LeVert are 100% - Kenny is going to have some tough decisions in crunch time. If this game happened when Dinwiddie was healthy and it was December, Russell is 100% on the bench during the 4th. Do things change after Russell's All Star run? I think it'll be interesting to watch how Kenny manages it.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#377 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:39 pm

iamworthy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Pretty interesting how your tone changes up when you posted about Russell on the GB and on here. Alright dude, I see you.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#378 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:42 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:

Where is he throwing shade at Russell? I see zero hate or negativity.

Once Spencer and LeVert are 100% - Kenny is going to have some tough decisions in crunch time. If this game happened when Dinwiddie was healthy and it was December, Russell is 100% on the bench during the 4th. Do things change after Russell's All Star run? I think it'll be interesting to watch how Kenny manages it.

Nah. This dude talked mad **** about Russell on the GB. He's trolling and he knows he is, got called for it and tried to switch it up. But carry on.

iamworthy
RealGM

Post#379 » by iamworthy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Pretty interesting how your tone changes up when you posted about Russell on the GB and on here. Alright dude, I see you.

Please post my diss on Russell from the GB board. You might have me confused with someone else.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#380 » by iamworthy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1806262&start=100

I posted on page 6

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1808218&start=20

Page 2

I did post and say something to the affect that I was glad to see nets fans finally accept Russell because for a while a lot of net fans wanted to trade him for pretty much anything. Even the Brooklyn beat writers sounded sick of nets fans.

Return to Brooklyn Nets