ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 17th Pick the nets take... Deandre Hunter

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Re: With the 17th Pick the nets take... Deandre Hunter 

Post#41 » by SpeedyG » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:06 am

I hate targeting positions rather than players but we are far enough down with both picks that it's difficult to speculate who will be there. That said, I think two "players" we need to come out of from this draft: a stretch 4 and a knock down shooter to replace Crabbe.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#42 » by Shark » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:35 pm

Was impressed with how Hunter stepped up in the championship game. Although the two mistakes he had down the stretch could have been costly. I have a feeling his draft stock is on the rise. Would be nice if we could grab him though.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,565

Post#43 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Shark wrote:Was impressed with how Hunter stepped up in the championship game. Although the two mistakes he had down the stretch could have been costly. I have a feeling his draft stock is on the rise. Would be nice if we could grab him though.

Hunter won't last past #8.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#44 » by kuclas » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:27 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Shark wrote:Was impressed with how Hunter stepped up in the championship game. Although the two mistakes he had down the stretch could have been costly. I have a feeling his draft stock is on the rise. Would be nice if we could grab him though.

It’s weak draft outside of zion, rj barrett , maront,

Hunter May get dinged for being “old” born December 1997. But I don’t think he lasts past number 5.

He appears very long wingspan for 6 7. He’s got enough handles to be able to play the 2 or 3 in nba. 40% plus from 3.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#45 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:11 am

kuclas wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

It’s weak draft outside of zion, rj barrett , maront,

Hunter May get dinged for being “old” born December 1997. But I don’t think he lasts past number 5.

He appears very long wingspan for 6 7. He’s got enough handles to be able to play the 2 or 3 in nba. 40% plus from 3.

Watch this space. Marks has nailed each of the Nets last three drafts with two late 1sts and a 2nd rder (LeVert, Allen, Kurucs) and this time he has control of our own 1st round pick which will be 16th overall.

bud29
Junior
And1: 139

Post#46 » by bud29 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:49 am

SpeedyG wrote:I hate targeting positions rather than players but we are far enough down with both picks that it's difficult to speculate who will be there. That said, I think two "players" we need to come out of from this draft: a stretch 4 and a knock down shooter to replace Crabbe.

I'm comfortable with Marks going 100% best player available. We have Musa who will hopefully fill the Crabbe role next year, and I think our stretch 4 vacancy needs to be filled in FA rather than the draft. We need a day 1 starter at PF and the probability of finding one of those with the picks we have is pretty low.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#47 » by DeRoma » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:54 am

SpeedyG wrote:I hate targeting positions rather than players but we are far enough down with both picks that it's difficult to speculate who will be there. That said, I think two "players" we need to come out of from this draft: a stretch 4 and a knock down shooter to replace Crabbe.

I think we do go after a knockdown shooter but I don't think it is necessary until the second round. What's top priority in this year's draft is good physical tools. We desperately need to get bigger at the wings position.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#48 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Hard to say... I remeber being super high on Jarrett Allen but gave up hope of even trading up cause he was a "lock" to go top 10. we got him at 21.

Hunter is that prototype NBA PF now a days and he wona national title so less likely he drops but we still have combines and there are guys like langford, little, Reddish who are flat out better whose stock will rise again.

I wouldnt mind moving up to get Reddish if he slide to #10 or so either. He didnt meet expectations but he played with 2 other stars and was 18. so i would definetly bet on him to be very good

NBAdraft.net hasing us take nwora with the nuggets pick, love that dude although i hope we trade that pick to get future picks instead.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#49 » by moonpie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Read on Twitter

We lost the tiebreaker to Orlando
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:43 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

We lost the tiebreaker to Orlando

Not a big deal.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,433

Post#51 » by vincecarter4pres » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:02 am

Wonder how the draft will play out and if they trade up?

Something like 17/27/31 can probably land 9 to 11.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#52 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:57 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Wonder how the draft will play out and if they trade up?

Something like 17/27/31 can probably land 9 to 11.

I would be shocked if we keep #27 tbh.

shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#53 » by shakendfries » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:10 am

tired of this team getting mauled on the boards - this team needs a legit stretch 4/5 who's defensive force in the paint is just as formidable as their offensive skillset

Bol Bol for Brooklyn
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#54 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 am

shakendfries wrote:tired of this team getting mauled on the boards - this team needs a legit stretch 4/5 who's defensive force in the paint is just as formidable as their offensive skillset

Bol Bol for Brooklyn

Bol Bol's frame is not going to do any better than Jarrett Allen is doing now unfortunately. That kid is a stick.

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#55 » by CalamityX12 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:04 am

lol was gonna say the same thing about Bol Bol lol
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#56 » by shakendfries » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
shakendfries wrote:tired of this team getting mauled on the boards - this team needs a legit stretch 4/5 who's defensive force in the paint is just as formidable as their offensive skillset

Bol Bol for Brooklyn

Bol Bol's frame is not going to do any better than Jarrett Allen is doing now unfortunately. That kid is a stick.

The nets need to draft the best player available. For all intents and purposes that’s Bol Bol. Bol has arguably the highest ceiling in the draft. Not saying he’d fare better than JA against the 76ers in his first season as a pro, but if he’d easily add a better dynamic to our front court.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#57 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:28 pm

shake I usually agree with you fam but I dunno. I like Bol's shooting ability but we need more physicality up front

I hate to say this but dude just looks way too light in the ass and that frame doesn't look like it will pack on a lot of muscle just based off of his late father's physique.

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#58 » by NetsJets » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:32 pm

I don’t know if he’ll translate to the next level. Bol Bol looks like he’ll be injury prone as well
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Post#59 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:28 pm

Give me PJ Washington or Rui Hachimura at #17, please. Each look like they'll be taken around that pick.

I wouldn't mind seeing if we can attack the Nuggets pick to move Crabbe; but otherwise, at 27 and 31 just take the best player available.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#60 » by SpeedyG » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:00 pm

The "solution" for our rebounding problems isn't a rookie...its Allen (and Rodi) getting stronger. Kenny isn't playing Allen plus a bruiser at the 4.

He hasn't done so in the three years he's been here, and I doubt it will change him. Every time we have went against a big team, he further digs in the sand and plays EVEN smaller.

Though hopefully this series wakes his ass up.

THIS what were seeing here is one of my problems in analytics, and one that the pro-analytics keep ignoring.

See, playing small and playing three ball is fine in the regular season.

You shoot 30% from the field for 2 games, you find your rhythm and shoot 42 plus next 6, great.

I looked it up awhile back and we shot under 33% 20 something times this season. Well, the other 50 something time we shot over 40 normalizes that so you look at the season and you're like...ok..shot high 30s as a team. Point value analysis says good trade off.

But in the playoffs? You go cold turkey for 2 games and you're done. Especially if you are overly reliant on it.

This is what were seeing now.

Analytics is great over a course of a season.

But every game, every possession counts in the playoffs.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Return to Brooklyn Nets