ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Wizards 2/27/19 7:30pm (CRITICAL GAME)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Re: GT: Nets vs. Wizards 2/27/19 7:30pm (CRITICAL GAME) 

Post#181 » by NetsJets » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
we need another offense creator.

getting a big PF doesnt help that and it makes us worse in all the areas we care about. we need someone like tobias harris or kawhi.

Also, what is all this sky is falling stuff? 20 games to go and we already eclipsed last years win total despite a ton of injuries to key players. need i remind everyone this is a super young team just 3 years into a 5-6 year rebuild. our avg age in the starting lineup when rodi is there is 22.2 years old

playoffs? ... this is not a "win now" team full of 35 year olds. anything we do in the playoffs is gravy

Kawhi and Tobias would be upgrades over Joe Harris, especially Kawhi for his defense but neither guy is a need for this team.

Leonard would put us top 10 in the league, Harris at least top 5 in the east bare minimum. They definitely would be a need for this team.

Joe Harris is perfectly fine at SF, he is the league's #1 3 point shooter and is an excellent finisher on drives and off of catch and slash situations, he is a starter.

Leonard or Harris would play PF (Harris plays PF in Philly now, for example).

We don’t need anymore 6’5-6’7 power forwards.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#182 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
We have the 3rd hardest remaining schedule in the entire NBA. And thats with those games included.

End of the year is a nightmare. Milwaukee twice, Toronto, Philly, OKC.

We will stay in the playoffs but probably as the 7th or 8th seed.

it wont take much to get the 6th seed. 38-39 wins probably does it, detroit and charlotte arent playing well right now either. we need like 5 or 6 more wins. we could finish 7-12 or 6-13 and still get the 6 seed.

also we have beat philly mutiple times, beat toronto. its not liek tis an auto loss anytime we play a good team.

Detroit is one and half game back of us and has a much easier schedule. I think they can probably get to 41 wins.

even if they did, we are comfortably still in one of the 2 spots behind them
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#183 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:21 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
NetsJets wrote:If the 3’s aren’t falling we’re pretty much toast and that’s not a good thing. We need to figure out how to generate some offense outside of jacking up 3’s. And bigger teams gives us problems, just like the Trailblazers game. Portis, Bryant and Parker owned us on the boards. This is not a sustainable formula for long term success, especially in the playoffs...

That's why we need a versatile PF in the worst way. Must be top priority in the offseason, either through Free Agency, the draft, or a trade.

Julius Randle would be perfect here. He can defend and play 3 positions. Can space the floor, can help out on the glass and with interior defense and he gives us a scoring option.

he can only play 1 position in our system. Center...

also if the worry is "we are jacking up too many 3s" how does adding another shooter at center help move away from that? we have TONS of shooting.

We dont need someone like randle, we need someone like tobias or kawhi who fit our profile of a PF but are also huge upgrades to traveon graham
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#184 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:22 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:What’s the definition of insanity?

its not winning over and over and do nothing about it.

32 wins. we are having an outstanding year.... what we are doing is working.

We are 32-31 you’re talking as if we have the best record in the league...

and you are talking like we are 2-31.

winning record, 6 seed... all from one of the youngest teams in the league with massive injuries.

anyone who says its not working out is being obtuse
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#185 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:26 pm

NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Kawhi and Tobias would be upgrades over Joe Harris, especially Kawhi for his defense but neither guy is a need for this team.

Leonard would put us top 10 in the league, Harris at least top 5 in the east bare minimum. They definitely would be a need for this team.

Joe Harris is perfectly fine at SF, he is the league's #1 3 point shooter and is an excellent finisher on drives and off of catch and slash situations, he is a starter.

Harris is 6'8, Leonard is 6'7 with a 7'3 wingspan and is a top 5 player/elite defender we'd be fine with either one imo.

Again, the problem is the lack of production from the position period.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#186 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:28 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:If the 3’s aren’t falling we’re pretty much toast and that’s not a good thing. We need to figure out how to generate some offense outside of jacking up 3’s. And bigger teams gives us problems, just like the Trailblazers game. Portis, Bryant and Parker owned us on the boards. This is not a sustainable formula for long term success, especially in the playoffs...

we need another offense creator.

getting a big PF doesnt help that and it makes us worse in all the areas we care about. we need someone like tobias harris or kawhi.

Also, what is all this sky is falling stuff? 20 games to go and we already eclipsed last years win total despite a ton of injuries to key players. need i remind everyone this is a super young team just 3 years into a 5-6 year rebuild. our avg age in the starting lineup when rodi is there is 22.2 years old

playoffs? ... this is not a "win now" team full of 35 year olds. anything we do in the playoffs is gravy

PF is our biggest need. Harris would not be replace by those guys, Graham/RHJ would.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#187 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:29 pm

NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:

We dont need more 6'7" guys we need higher quality 6'7" guys.

out with the grahams in with the kawhis
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#188 » by MGrand15 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:18 pm

I get being upset during and after a game but all these calls to upgrade the roster just confuse. We have 20 regular season games left with this group. This is the team. For the first time Friday, we'll be completely healthy. We've had a damn good year considering we've been killed by injuries. I get mad when we lose like this cause I think this roster is very capable.

PF was the least of our concerns yesterday. Our wings were absolutely terrible. We didn't get back in transition. We got beat on every loose ball. We played with no energy.

I get wanting to sign a star. Of course I want a Kawhi level guy. But these marginal at best upgrades like Parker, Hawes, Portis make me scratch my head. I guess I just believe in worrying about upgrades in the off-season.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#189 » by gigantes » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:07 pm

LKIRNets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Less size n no adjustments ftw!

I know you hate Kenny bro but what line up is supposed to run out there? The team legit has nothing at PF. Unless you want him to run Allen/Davis out there at the same time there's not much that can be done.

This one is on Sean Marks bro. I love him, but he left them ass out wit nothing at that 4. Just nothing. Booty all out waiting to get our cheeks slapped.

I disagree.

Rondae in a contract year was a logical bet to both continue developing and to play hard. He's been a starter and one of the team's best players during most of his run. Him regressing has been unexpected, and I can't blame Marks for that.

Also, Faried might have provided some nice help, but I'm guessing his poor attitude is part of why Kenny played him so little. It's hard for me to fault Marks too much in this case.
gigantes
Starter

Post#190 » by gigantes » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:

...Also, what is all this sky is falling stuff? 20 games to go and we already eclipsed last years win total despite a ton of injuries to key players. need i remind everyone this is a super young team just 3 years into a 5-6 year rebuild. our avg age in the starting lineup when rodi is there is 22.2 years old

The legit goal at the start of the season was to continue developing, and if wins didn't happen, that was still going to be a good thing.

This mania for wins and the playoffs is like gold fever or something. It's all visceral and doesn't make much sense IMO.

This team will hopefully be competitive in a series or two, but it's not going anywhere this year. I wish people could settle down a little bit with this stuff. :S
NetsJets
Starter

Post#191 » by NetsJets » Fri Mar 1, 2019 12:54 am

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:That's why we need a versatile PF in the worst way. Must be top priority in the offseason, either through Free Agency, the draft, or a trade.

Julius Randle would be perfect here. He can defend and play 3 positions. Can space the floor, can help out on the glass and with interior defense and he gives us a scoring option.

he can only play 1 position in our system. Center...

also if the worry is "we are jacking up too many 3s" how does adding another shooter at center help move away from that? we have TONS of shooting.

We dont need someone like randle, we need someone like tobias or kawhi who fit our profile of a PF but are also huge upgrades to traveon graham

I literally explained “why” already
NetsJets
Starter

Post#192 » by NetsJets » Fri Mar 1, 2019 12:55 am

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
its not winning over and over and do nothing about it.

32 wins. we are having an outstanding year.... what we are doing is working.

We are 32-31 you’re talking as if we have the best record in the league...

and you are talking like we are 2-31.

winning record, 6 seed... all from one of the youngest teams in the league with massive injuries.

anyone who says its not working out is being obtuse

I said it’s not sustainable long term...
NetsJets
Starter

Post#193 » by NetsJets » Fri Mar 1, 2019 12:57 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Harris is 6'8, Leonard is 6'7 with a 7'3 wingspan and is a top 5 player/elite defender we'd be fine with either one imo.

Can either guy bang with bigs down low and defend the post? Something that we’re weak at right now.
NetsJets
Starter

Post#194 » by NetsJets » Fri Mar 1, 2019 1:05 am

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

We dont need more 6'7" guys we need higher quality 6'7" guys.

out with the grahams in with the kawhis

If they don’t fix a problem then we don’t need them
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#195 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 1, 2019 4:18 am

NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:We don’t need anymore 6’5-6’7 power forwards.

Can either guy bang with bigs down low and defend the post? Something that we’re weak at right now.

I agree that we could use some more size in the rotation in terms of certain match ups but this is 2019, not 1989. Most modern day 4s aren't the types that you're talking about.

Philadelphia looked just fine tonight with Tobias Harris dropping 32 points on the Thunder. I doubt their fans care about any of that stuff that we're worried about because they have star level talent at their forward positions.

NetsJets
Starter

Post#196 » by NetsJets » Fri Mar 1, 2019 5:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I agree that we could use some more size in the rotation in terms of certain match ups but this is 2019, not 1989. Most modern day 4s aren't the types that you're talking about.

Philadelphia looked just fine tonight with Tobias Harris dropping 32 points on the Thunder. I doubt their fans care about any of that stuff that we're worried about because they have star level talent at their forward positions.

They have Embiid, Boban, and Amir Johnson... I’m saying signing Julius Randle fills a need. If you’re concerned with perimeter defense, cool he can defend on the outside, if you’re concerned about spacing cool he can shoot. And he gives us what we badly need which is size. We don’t need another wing guy playing the 4 that doesn’t help us with what we need.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#197 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 1, 2019 10:27 am

You just mentioned three centers. I have advocated adding more size to the line up just like you have. However, I'm not going to turn down a Tobias Harris, or even (not that they are coming here) a Leonard or Durant to come here and slot in at the 4. The problem with our 4 spot is that we have no talent. If you slot in any of the three names I just mentioned we are a top 5 team in the conference overnight.

I'm not saying that we don't need more size, but we definitely need more talent too

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#198 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 1, 2019 10:31 am

gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

...Also, what is all this sky is falling stuff? 20 games to go and we already eclipsed last years win total despite a ton of injuries to key players. need i remind everyone this is a super young team just 3 years into a 5-6 year rebuild. our avg age in the starting lineup when rodi is there is 22.2 years old

The legit goal at the start of the season was to continue developing, and if wins didn't happen, that was still going to be a good thing.

This mania for wins and the playoffs is like gold fever or something. It's all visceral and doesn't make much sense IMO.

This team will hopefully be competitive in a series or two, but it's not going anywhere this year. I wish people could settle down a little bit with this stuff. :S

We have 32 wins and today is March 1st. We weren't even supposed to have this many on the season as is. We're in the bonus round eight now lol

gigantes
Starter

Post#199 » by gigantes » Fri Mar 1, 2019 6:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:We have 32 wins and today is March 1st. We weren't even supposed to have this many on the season as is. We're in the bonus round eight now lol

I gotta admit that I don't watch nearly as many of the games as you all. Health issues forced me to give up balling, and when I'm not personally playing a sport, I naturally lose a certain amount of interest in following the pros. Me sticking with the Nets has been pretty atypical in that sense. Leagues like the NHL, MLB, the NFL and the ATP are all but dead to me now.

But anyway, yeah... I do have to concede that most of you have far more license to kvetch than I do.

If the Nets play somewhere near .500 the rest of the way I'll be happy. I don't really care about the playoffs, but if a lack of effort and maybe chemistry problems has them playing significantly worse, I'm sure I'll get a bit agitated and my cool will start to wear off. :S

Return to Brooklyn Nets