ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs. Hornets 3/1/19 7:30pm (The Return of Spencer Dinwiddie)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,544

Re: GT: Nets vs. Hornets 3/1/19 7:30pm (The Return of Spencer Dinwiddie) 

Post#81 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 2, 2019 3:38 am

There will be no quick fix to the 4 spot. me personally, i advocate moving Carroll to the 4 to provide spacing at the very least.

Anyway, enough complaining. We have to win 4 out of the next 5 games versus beatable opponents. end of story.

Guys need to step up.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#82 » by LKIRNets » Sat Mar 2, 2019 3:43 am

SpeedyG wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:I mentioned this in the thread discussion rotations. The move I would have made with everyone healthy is Rondae at the starting 4. Have him be our screen/roll guy.

he's terrible. Works in spurts then put Kaminsky or Batum shooting over him that's an easy 15 pts.
We don't even make our run tonight without Rondae. He's been trash all season, but as I said in the other thread, he was starting to show signs of life as our starting 4 until the last injury he suffered. Maybe putting him there again kick starts him.

I also don't recall Kaminsky or Batum killing him like you seem to portray here.

Batum killed us hitting wide open threes from top of the key. Kaminsky did damage vs Allen and vs Spencer on post ups when we switched.

The key with Rondae is for him not to do too much, which he is prone to do as a sub, especially in the open court when he goes Full on YOLO mode.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

bruh, if we dont hit 3's it's over. Rondae cant rebound, Rondae can't shoot. He turns over the ball and doesn't understand fastbreak spacing or pacing.

Kaminsky had 15. Batum had 13+, Rondae is unproductive. That's the point.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#83 » by SpeedyG » Sat Mar 2, 2019 3:44 am

LKIRNets wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

he's terrible. Works in spurts then put Kaminsky or Batum shooting over him that's an easy 15 pts.
We don't even make our run tonight without Rondae. He's been trash all season, but as I said in the other thread, he was starting to show signs of life as our starting 4 until the last injury he suffered. Maybe putting him there again kick starts him.

I also don't recall Kaminsky or Batum killing him like you seem to portray here.

Batum killed us hitting wide open threes from top of the key. Kaminsky did damage vs Allen and vs Spencer on post ups when we switched.

The key with Rondae is for him not to do too much, which he is prone to do as a sub, especially in the open court when he goes Full on YOLO mode.

bruh, if we dont hit 3's it's over. Rondae cant rebound, Rondae can't shoot. He turns over the ball and doesn't understand fastbreak spacing or pacing.

So basically analytics yada yada analytics yada yada Chuck threes give up open twos...and if we're not shooting well welp...too bad.

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#84 » by LKIRNets » Sat Mar 2, 2019 4:01 am

SpeedyG wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:We don't even make our run tonight without Rondae. He's been trash all season, but as I said in the other thread, he was starting to show signs of life as our starting 4 until the last injury he suffered. Maybe putting him there again kick starts him.

So basically analytics yada yada analytics yada yada Chuck threes give up open twos...and if we're not shooting well welp...too bad.

nah bruh, it's we have nothing at the 4 and pretend like we do. Yadda Yadda oversized in the post and perimeter.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#85 » by NetsJets » Sat Mar 2, 2019 6:58 am

Horrible loss but at least it’s good to see Spencer back in the lineup
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,826

Post#86 » by Karate Diop » Sat Mar 2, 2019 3:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:There will be no quick fix to the 4 spot. me personally, i advocate moving Carroll to the 4 to provide spacing at the very least.

Anyway, enough complaining. We have to win 4 out of the next 5 games versus beatable opponents. end of story.

Guys need to step up.

That could work... I would actually advocate for the unconventional and just put Rondae back at the 4. For whatever reason the ball moves better when he's on the court and the pace tends to quicken (leading to easy basket opportunities for everyone)... I also feel like his competitiveness and energy will help the rest of the guys stay engaged on defense.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#87 » by Prokorov » Sat Mar 2, 2019 4:47 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Hey look were switching on D and actually making it a bit more difficult on them.

Rondae as the small ball 5 has been effective, however, Charlotte keeps coming down, screening and forcing the switch onto Dinwiddie vs. a big. :noway:
Man that's why coaching and smart player matters.

It's called making an adjustment. We gave them fits switching and so they adjust and change up their offense vs the switch.

What a novel idea.

And they didn't have to wait a full quarter to make that adjustment.

We have elite coaching 32 wins with bottom 5 talent yet some people want miracles
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,544

Post#88 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Mar 2, 2019 7:12 pm

The Nets defense has been atrocious and is it because of our defensive gameplan or a complete lack of focus and effort? We can talk about what Kenny didn't do in terms of adjustments but the reality is, guys need to step up and compete. That goes for every single player in the rotation.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#89 » by MGrand15 » Sat Mar 2, 2019 8:49 pm

Damn you know it's bad if Prok is back to saying we have bottom 5 talent.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#90 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:14 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Damn you know it's bad if Prok is back to saying we have bottom 5 talent.

the future is bright but the reality is we are starting a second round rookie and traveon graham. I love whats coming for Dlo, Levert, and allen but the fact is Kenny helps us play better then our talent level by getting guys to buy into his system and give him 100% even when they are in and out of the lineup. He is also elite with rotations and gamplanning.

name 6 or 8 teams with less talent

Kenny and marks are so underappreciated here is criminal... especially considering how awful our GM/Coaching has been here recently
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by MGrand15 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:Damn you know it's bad if Prok is back to saying we have bottom 5 talent.

the future is bright but the reality is we are starting a second round rookie and traveon graham. I love whats coming for Dlo, Levert, and allen but the fact is Kenny helps us play better then our talent level by getting guys to buy into his system and give him 100% even when they are in and out of the lineup. He is also elite with rotations and gamplanning.

Kenny and marks are so underappreciated here is criminal... especially considering how awful our GM/Coaching has been here recently

I love Kenny but you don't get to 6th seed in the East with bottom 5-7 talent in the league. That's insane. You don't need to trash our guys to make Kenny look better.

A coach can only do so much. Talent wins out in this league.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#92 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 5, 2019 1:48 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I love Kenny but you don't get to 6th seed in the East with bottom 5-7 talent in the league. That's insane. You don't need to trash our guys to make Kenny look better.

Actually you do.... part because kenny is an elite coach... part because while we like talent we are very deep and part because 7 through 15 in the east is all teams with losing records.

We have bottom 5ish talent. again name 5-7 teams with less talent.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by MGrand15 » Tue Mar 5, 2019 4:20 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Actually you do.... part because kenny is an elite coach... part because while we like talent we are very deep and part because 7 through 15 in the east is all teams with losing records.

We have bottom 5ish talent. again name 5-7 teams with less talent.

I don't get into the listing games. Not gonna waste my time so you can pick apart the list and tell me how Malik Monk is better than LeVert - and now were arguing about something completely different.

We have an All Star at PG. 2 border line all stars / very good players in Dinwiddie and LeVert. One of the best shooters in the league who's improving as an all around player in Joe Harris. 2 good centers who protect the rim and don't make mistakes in Allen and Davis. Those are all legit players.

Not sure how the East being full of teams with losing records helps your argument. That shows what type of garbage you're comparing us to.

Return to Brooklyn Nets