ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Heat 3/2/2019 7:00pm (MUST WIN GAME)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Nets @ Heat 3/2/2019 7:00pm (MUST WIN GAME) 

Post#101 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:03 pm

NetsJets wrote:I mean who wouldn’t be optimistic about making the playoffs next year after the season we’ve had this year. It’s pretty much how you worded it initially as if since we have young guys plus cap space that we would be competitive again next year and I’m saying that there are no guarantees about that. I understand that no one expected us to be in this position and we should accept moral victories and to some degree I’m okay with that. And despite all that my point is still that missing the playoffs this year would be a disappointment. I’d prefer we stunk all the way through instead of giving us false hope.

if you think missing the playoffs makes this year a disappointment then you either havent been a fan of this team very long or identify to strongly with millennials who need instant gratification at all times.

only thing that could make this season a disappointment would be a catastrophic career crippling injury to someone (knock on wood)

if we dont win another game this season, it was still a success.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#102 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:06 pm

gigantes wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I mean who wouldn’t be optimistic about making the playoffs next year after the season we’ve had this year. It’s pretty much how you worded it initially as if since we have young guys plus cap space that we would be competitive again next year and I’m saying that there are no guarantees about that. I understand that no one expected us to be in this position and we should accept moral victories and to some degree I’m okay with that. And despite all that my point is still that missing the playoffs this year would be a disappointment. I’d prefer we stunk all the way through instead of giving us false hope.

I understand. Indeed, at a certain point I got kind of wrapped up in the idea that these Nets were playing out as a Disney - sports - underdog movie. The hot streak was miraculously going to last the rest of the season, we'd bull our way in to the top four, swat aside the five seed, then give a hellacious, heroic, losing battle to the top seed in true Rocky Balboa style. Maybe the fantasy didn't even end there for some people...

But that's just life for you. Sometimes it sucks like that, and you just gotta deal, or else retreat in to dark places and twisted thinking. Whatever.

Reality is-- Nets are still a young team in the middle of a rebuild, with plenty of flaws. Regressing to the mean at some point was incredibly likely IMO, and progress is rarely a straight line. But that doesn't mean the team doesn't have a pretty bright future. Why wouldn't they?

Anyway, I'm done with this particular game of Ring Around the Rosie. Be good.

everyone in the "sky is faling" crowd needs to repeate the bolded above 10 times outloud and write it down 100 times.

We still have a super young team, one of if not the youngest starting lineup in the nba of 22.2 years when rodi is starting. despite DLo/levert/dinwiddies jump we are somehwere in the bottom 5-10 in talent. the good talent we do have is still young and improving. we are still only halfway through a 6 year rebuild.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#103 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 4, 2019 2:21 pm

Yeah I mean it's disappointing but it would have been naive to believe that there wouldn't be rough periods during the season. **** happens.

The Nets aren't as bad as they have been the last 3 games. We know that, they'll get it in gear I believe. We've got two guys that need to be integrated into the rotation again and it will take time to gel.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#104 » by NetsJets » Mon Mar 4, 2019 3:29 pm

Prokorov wrote:

if you think missing the playoffs makes this year a disappointment then you either havent been a fan of this team very long or identify to strongly with millennials who need instant gratification at all times.

only thing that could make this season a disappointment would be a catastrophic career crippling injury to someone (knock on wood)

After being in the top 8 for the majority of the season only to not make the playoffs is a disappointment. There’s not much you can say that can change that. And btw I’ve been a fan for 20 years...
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#105 » by Paradise » Mon Mar 4, 2019 5:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Yeah I mean it's disappointing but it would have been naive to believe that there wouldn't be rough periods during the season. **** happens.

The Nets aren't as bad as they have been the last 3 games. We know that, they'll get it in gear I believe. We've got two guys that need to be integrated into the rotation again and it will take time to gel.

This board is going nuts when we only dropped a spot in the standings.

Imagine Laker fans right now watching the non-all star Clippers and young Kings continue to build separation over them WITH LeBron in the standings. Then, finally give in to signing Carmelo and he says “whoa whoa...you guys aren’t even in the playoffs. I’ll pause on signing.”

Then, there’s Boston getting vociferously booed off the floor against Houston to compound a roster that already has personnel chemistry issues that is similar to the 2014 PG/KG Nets (the irony) with an impending free agent.

We could be in a much worse situation than losing games after adding two guys off injury. We just need to focus on winning the next two games.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#106 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 5, 2019 1:47 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

After being in the top 8 for the majority of the season only to not make the playoffs is a disappointment. There’s not much you can say that can change that. And btw I’ve been a fan for 20 years...

its not a disapointment unless you are a garbage impatient fan who knows nothing about basketball.

you are simply NOT a real nets fan if you dont think this season isnt a huge success even if we miss the playoffs

id suggest netsdaily for the delusional homer fans
NetsJets
Starter

Post#107 » by NetsJets » Tue Mar 5, 2019 1:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

its not a disapointment unless you are a garbage impatient fan who knows nothing about basketball.

you are simply NOT a real nets fan if you dont think this season isnt a huge success even if we miss the playoffs

This is what we’re doing now? Noted...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#108 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 5, 2019 3:10 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:After being in the top 8 for the majority of the season only to not make the playoffs is a disappointment. There’s not much you can say that can change that. And btw I’ve been a fan for 20 years...

if you are going to continue to troll the forum with this randle stuff and calling 5 to 10+ wins over last year in a season where we suffered tons of injuries and all our young players took huge steps forward a "disappointment" because we miss the playoffs then yes, you should go to a forum that aligns more with the homers and those who want to ignore what marks and kenny say and do
NetsJets
Starter

Post#109 » by NetsJets » Tue Mar 5, 2019 3:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

if you are going to continue to troll the forum with this randle stuff and calling 5 to 10+ wins over last year in a season where we suffered tons of injuries and all our young players took huge steps forward a "disappointment" because we miss the playoffs then yes, you should go to a forum that aligns more with the homers and those who want to ignore what marks and kenny say and do

From now on I’m going to agree with everything you say. You’re right after being in the playoffs for the last 3 months us not making it is not a disappointment, we don’t need a versatile big man that can guard 3/4 positions while providing much needed rebounding and interior defense while having the ability to spot up/space the floor who needs that, we need a wing man to play the 4 Like Tobias Harris. I see the light now.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#110 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 5, 2019 9:27 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:

From now on I’m going to agree with everything you say. You’re right after being in the playoffs for the last 3 months us not making it is not a disappointment, we don’t need a versatile big man that can guard 3/4 positions while providing much needed rebounding and interior defense while having the ability to spot up/space the floor who needs that, we need a wing man to play the 4 Like Tobias Harris. I see the light now.

Awesome... you finally agree with Marks, Atkinson, and all nets fans who have a clue

Return to Brooklyn Nets