Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: GT: Nets @ Thunder - Wednesday, 3/12/19, 7:00pm ESPN 

Post#121 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:02 am

DeRoma wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:
Agree with that. We are clearly missing that alpha level/mvp type player to cover up our flaws. The Thunder have 2 of them and it showed in the 2nd half.

KD and Kawhi...please save us.

This was not superstar play.. They shut down or pnr and we don' don't have any counter for it. This was on kenny

And what scheme would you counter with against one of, if not, the best defensive team in the league?

If you can’t run PnR and they are overplaying passing lanes, you’re going to need elite team wide BBIQ and a star who can create effectively against in ISO. Dinwiddie is our best attacker off ISO but he’s not a superstar. He is used to beating his man off the dribble, which he did in the 1at half. In the 2nd half, the Thunder adjusted by funneling the driver to Adams and then swarming him with the length of their defenders, thereby making the shot attempts tough but also challenging attempts to pass out.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#122 » by SpeedyG » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:18 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:KD and Kawhi...please save us.

This was not superstar play.. They shut down or pnr and we don' don't have any counter for it. This was on kenny

And what scheme would you counter with against one of, if not, the best defensive team in the league?

If you can’t run PnR and they are overplaying passing lanes, you’re going to need elite team wide BBIQ and a star who can create effectively against in ISO. Dinwiddie is our best attacker off ISO but he’s not a superstar. He is used to beating his man off the dribble, which he did in the 1at half. In the 2nd half, the Thunder adjusted by funneling the driver to Adams and then swarming him with the length of their defenders, thereby making the shot attempts tough but also challenging attempts to pass out.
Teams that can switch or blitz our pnr have given us fits all season long. Caris is our best candidate to split that but he doesn't have his rhythm and he is hesitant to finish strong.

This stretch is basically all playoff games. Allen just isn't enough of a threat when they force the ball off our ball handler off our pnr offense.

Russell is in a mini slump too and Joe is still feeling his way with the new attention he's getting from the defense.

I suggested it before, but I think we need to dust off Rondae as our 2nd roll guy when teams play us this way.

He's got the skill to playmajer in the middle of that offense if he somehow finds his form last season.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
flavio_93
Junior
And1: 419

GT: Nets @ Thunder - Wednesday, 3/12/19, 7:00pm ESPN 

Post#123 » by flavio_93 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:19 am

The stupid bench dancing has to stop. It’s so childish and I’m glad the thunder bench mocked them while the nets bench sat down quietly .

I love that the team has good chemistry but no one wants to see that **** on the sidelines. It was hated when the cavs did it and it will be hated now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#124 » by Papi_swav » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 am

We played beautiful in the 1st half but Westbrook and PG are just too much to handle, we ran out of gas in the 4th... tough lost but moving on.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#125 » by MGrand15 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 am

flavio_93 wrote:The stupid bench dancing has to stop. It’s so childish and I’m glad the thunder bench mocked them while the nets bench sat down quietly .

I love that the team has good chemistry but no one wants to see that **** on the sidelines. It was hated when the cavs did it and it will be hated now.

Can't just shell up and lose your swagger because one team mocks it. Westbrook celebrates and taunts all the time. We just had nothing to celebrate tonight.
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#126 » by LKIRNets » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 am

We're playing too much through Dinwiddie and LeVert. That 1st half we had balance, then they hit us wit a late run, started the 3rd taking away the PnR and Din did good in the 3rd, but never kicked the ball out to Crabbe. I feel like that's where we loss the flow of the offense, when it went iso/neglect the kickout corner 3 and it became Caris and him shooting contested shots. Not gonna beat OKC like that. Not gonna beat many teams like dat.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#127 » by Papi_swav » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 am

flavio_93 wrote:The stupid bench dancing has to stop. It’s so childish and I’m glad the thunder bench mocked them while the nets bench sat down quietly .

bro it's not that serious, every team celebrates , it won't stop, ever.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#128 » by Papi_swav » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:32 am

Paradise wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:Thanks Michelle Beadle for that sneak diss of Hubie. “Brooklyn, not New Jersey”...lol

Lol

Read on Twitter

yea that was very disrespectful because he definitely knows we're in BK now , he's old but he don't have old timers. We stay getting disrespected smh
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#129 » by DeRoma » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:33 am

NyCeEvO wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

Just don't take the screen beat their man on the opposite side. The lane was wide open and would've been a 1 on 1 against the perimter defender since Adams was over playing the role lane. We can even a send a fade screen on the weakside just force different looks.

KA needs to be ready for this kinds of gameplan when we heavily rely on pnr offense.

It would've force the thunder defense revert back to normal which opens up the offense for dlo for his spot up shot.
JiggaMan06
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#130 » by JiggaMan06 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:07 am

One thing I did admire was in the 4th quarter when OKC went on their run Russell attempted to draw a foul twice to sort of calm things down. 3 pt attempt that was called before the shot and the pull up when Russ didn't let him come down. But 1.) He's not respected enough by refs to get that call 2.) They were in OKC
LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Post#131 » by LKIRNets » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:21 am

DeRoma wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

Just don't take the screen beat their man on the opposite side. The lane was wide open and would've been a 1 on 1 against the perimter defender since Adams was over playing the role lane. We can even a send a fade screen on the weakside just force different looks.

KA needs to be ready for this kinds of gameplan when we heavily rely on pnr offense.

It would've force the thunder defense revert back to normal which opens up the offense for dlo for his spot up shot.

this is true. But remember, we're trying to get LeVert back to himself. They want him driving. You're right by the way. We use to flare screen for Russell and Harris on the weak side when that would happen, and now it's more like iso Island wit Dinwiddie and LeVert. Its an adjustment Atkinson has to make.
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#132 » by DeRoma » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:04 am

LKIRNets wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:And what scheme would you counter with against one of, if not, the best defensive team in the league?

this is true. But remember, we're trying to get LeVert back to himself. They want him driving. You're right by the way. We use to flare screen for Russell and Harris on the weak side when that would happen, and now it's more like iso Island wit Dinwiddie and LeVert. Its an adjustment Atkinson has to make.

LeVert has the best cross-over from the team. They should've been running this for him specifically. I just think Dinwiddie can do it as well. However, the point of doing that was to keep the defense honest force them to stop clogging the lane and our offense would've been fine.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:18 am

I love how you wait til after a loss to post this b.s.

no one cares but you.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,852

Post#134 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:20 am

DeRoma wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
DeRoma wrote:Just don't take the screen beat their man on the opposite side. The lane was wide open and would've been a 1 on 1 against the perimter defender since Adams was over playing the role lane. We can even a send a fade screen on the weakside just force different looks.

LeVert has the best cross-over from the team. They should've been running this for him specifically. I just think Dinwiddie can do it as well. However, the point of doing that was to keep the defense honest force them to stop clogging the lane and our offense would've been fine.

I don't know about that. LeVert looks like he has trouble getting past people right now. That extra gear that he had prior to him getting hurt just isn't there.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#135 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:34 am

DeRoma wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

The reason for the pick is because they (especially DLo) can't beat their man off the dribble without it. PnR is the key to DLo "snaking" in the paint with the defender on his hip and using his craftiness to shoot teardrops and floaters in the paint.

You want Russell Westbrook and PG dogging our ballhandlers? The few times where they guarded our ballhandlers one one one, we couldn't break them down. PG ate Caris for lunch when he tried to drive on him to the paint.

One on one against probably the best perimeter defending team in the league? This all seems like wishful thinking. Just because we didn't employ alternative methods doesn't mean that those other methods would've been more effective.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#136 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:49 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DeRoma wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

I don't know about that. LeVert looks like he has trouble getting past people right now. That extra gear that he had prior to him getting hurt just isn't there.
Levert's movement is still very stop-and-go in linear directions. He has a good, strong first step so it's usually pretty difficult for opponents to stay in front of him. But when you have defenders who can actually match his foot speed or catch up to his release point because of their arm length, it negates his driving ability. (He also has a tendency to drive into crowds in the paint.)

I've said it before...he needs to develop a smoother, change of pace style of dribbling, combining his bursts of quickness with slower, more fluid crossovers to get his defender on their heels. Gunning it stop and go all the time allows the defense to guess his pace and anticipate where he'll be at at a certain point during his drive. That's why we see him get caught in so many situations where he attacks but gets caught by a defender when his shot goes up, and he ends up taking a poor, contested shot.

With that said, he missed a few months of basketball. He needs another offseason where he gets 3 months of regimented practices to really get back to where he was at the start of the season. Most teams aren't practicing much at this point, which is actually what Caris needs.

As a result, I expect him to have ups and downs for the rest of the season, until he get back to full time training. I'm just glad he's healthy and can actually play. We're lucky it wasn't a 12 month recovery where he'd have to wait until the 2020 offseason to train consistently again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#137 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 am

MGrand15 wrote:Pretty poor effort all around tonight outside of Dinwiddie and maybe Dudley. Our zone got absolutely eaten up tonight. We really gotta adjust when teams start getting dunks against it.

Having Westbrook and PG is cool and all but we scored 96 points. That's not gotta get it done even if we're going up against a lottery team.

Wow were we watching the same game? id give this top 3 efforts not only this season but in the atkinson era. the first quarter was the hardest ive seen a nets team play since the move to brooklyn. that was beyond playoff level intensity. to say the effort wasnt there to me is mind boggling.

Also, our zone completely shut them down in the first half. second half we couldnt get into it as much because of turnovers and them running on missed shots. our man to man defense was AWFUL. we got destroyed in the pick and roll.

offensively we played well... we got absolutely JOBBED this game by the refs. tons of contact at the rim and no calls.

if we play like this the rest of the road trip we will finish 5-2.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#138 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 am

3pt_chucker wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

That's what we are saying tho. Superstars are able to weather the storm and take control of the game on the road in a tough place to play. As good as our young guys are, non of them are there(at least consistently)

WB and PG turned it up a notch and we could not match that level play. Add that to OKC adjusting their defense(and we couldn't find a solution) lead to the result.

Dinwiddie took over for us, he just couldnt get a call to save his life. meanwhile adams bear hugs allen on a westbrook missed dunk and somehow its 2 FTs for them.

if dinwiddie gets 1/3 of the calls he should have we win
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#139 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:27 am

STFU and GTFO
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#140 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:28 am

DeRoma wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:
DeRoma wrote:

we got tons of wide open looks and and lived in the paint. we needed more respect from the refs and more finishing through contact.

Return to Brooklyn Nets