ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Blazers 3/25/19

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

LKIRNets
Starter
And1: 598

Re: GT: Nets @ Blazers 3/25/19 

Post#301 » by LKIRNets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 am

Shark wrote:Yeah no easy around it. We just plain **** up. Incredibly boneheaded plays down the stretch. This team is more Jekyll and Hyde than I'd like it to be.

23 year old team not getting the whistle. We loss on FTs and we didnt get it. We move on.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#302 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:28 am

LKIRNets wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:I wonder the zero substitution had any role for the fatigue for the players... Only way out was to foul out lol

This is a bad loss... Let's the spinsters work their magic

I'll spin it, we battled, we're on fumes on the road, we didnt get one call, Din was pushed, hit on the head, Harris hit on the nose, Carroll called for a weak incidental contact, it bit Portland in the end cuz that would have cleared the paint and Nurkic doesnt break his leg.

At the end of the night, we go to Philly, they are back on the east coast closer to their home. Where we can regroup.

LKIRNets
Starter

Post#303 » by LKIRNets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:31 am

Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:I wonder the zero substitution had any role for the fatigue for the players... Only way out was to foul out lol

This is a bad loss... Let's the spinsters work their magic

I'll spin it, we battled, we're on fumes on the road, we didnt get one call, Din was pushed, hit on the head, Harris hit on the nose, Carroll called for a weak incidental contact, it bit Portland in the end cuz that would have cleared the paint and Nurkic doesnt break his leg.

At the end of the night, we go to Philly, they are back on the east coast closer to their home. Where we can regroup.

how should a young team not expected to make the playoffs on the worst road trip in the NBA, wit a 20 year old starting center that is learning and 23 year old guard, not one guard that closed that game is use to playoff race.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#304 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:32 am

LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

how should a young team not expected to make the playoffs on the worst road trip in the NBA, wit a 20 year old starting center that is learning and 23 year old guard, not one guard that closed that game is use to playoff race.

I'll say what I've been saying since end of regulation. Make your free throws, win the game. I don't give a damn how old this team is or how much or how little they get paid. Make your free throws, win the game.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#305 » by IceManBK1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:34 am

we let couple OT games slip outta our hands..should've been 4-2 on this roadtrip...if we win v.s philly it wouldn't be so bad going 3-4 on this 7 game trip. but we better bring our offense cuz philly has alot of firepower in their starting lineup. not having a good scoring big to make opposing teams' big work/slow them down on defense is a disadvantage.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#306 » by LKIRNets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:35 am

Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I'll say what I've been saying since end of regulation. Make your free throws, win the game. I don't give a damn how old this team is or how much or how little they get paid. Make your free throws, win the game.

Age matters in this game. Experience in situations matter.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#307 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:36 am

LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:how should a young team not expected to make the playoffs on the worst road trip in the NBA, wit a 20 year old starting center that is learning and 23 year old guard, not one guard that closed that game is use to playoff race.

You don't need to be off your rookie contract to make free throws outside of crunch time.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#308 » by LKIRNets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:39 am

Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

You don't need to be off your rookie contract to make free throws outside of crunch time.

in that case Russell Westbrook and LeBron James are terrible players. We were out-sized all game, this is game 6 of the hell trip.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#309 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:42 am

LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:Age matters in this game. Experience in situations matter.

in that case Russell Westbrook and LeBron James are terrible players. We were out-sized all game, this is game 6 of the hell trip.

I hope Thunder and Lakers fans give them grief for missing free throws too. It's not excusable for anyone.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#310 » by LKIRNets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:44 am

Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I hope Thunder and Lakers fans give them grief for missing free throws too. It's not excusable for anyone.

I get it. But we really have to stop looking at it like that. This team was not expected to make the playoffs. They are in a exhilarating mental testing stretch here. Every team they play are in the playoffs.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#311 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:48 am

LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:in that case Russell Westbrook and LeBron James are terrible players. We were out-sized all game, this is game 6 of the hell trip.

I get it. But we really have to stop looking at it like that. This team was not expected to make the playoffs. They are in a exhilarating mental testing stretch here. Every team they play are in the playoffs.

That's a complete cop-out for missing free throws.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#312 » by LKIRNets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:57 am

Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

nah, its just being aware the mental part of the game on this trip is that much magnified. Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen (who was terrible tonight) and Russell missed 1 FT each in the 4th, all three in not more older than 23. End of the game they made a play, we turned it over and we took a dumb foul up 1. They just need to get back home.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#313 » by kamaze » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:58 am

Harris missed 2 free throws too down the stretch too.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#314 » by LKIRNets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:06 am

kamaze wrote:Harris missed 2 free throws too down the stretch too.

happens, he missed open 3s too. Lost the ball on 2 drives.

We in a playoff race. Everyone is suppose to be on fumes and nervous, we went Double OT on a championship contender. Well before that injury.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#315 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:08 am

LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:

nah, its just being aware the mental part of the game on this trip is that much magnified. Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen (who was terrible tonight) and Russell missed 1 FT each in the 4th, all three in not more older than 23. End of the game they made a play, we turned it over and we took a dumb foul up 1. They just need to get back home.

Still not buying it. In the end, Russell, Harris, and Allen went 12/24 from the line. You need a better excuse than "they're young" for three guys combining for around 76% at the line this season.
LKIRNets
Starter

Post#316 » by LKIRNets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:17 am

Rich Rane wrote:
LKIRNets wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Still not buying it. In the end, Russell, Harris, and Allen went 12/24 from the line. You need a better excuse than "they're young" for three guys combining for around 76% at the line this season.

a lot of teams miss free throws in playoff races. We not the only ones.

Check them last 15 game stats.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#317 » by SpeedyG » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:36 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:I wonder if Marks makes a move to add a big for emergency reasons? I mean they have 3-4 guys sitting doing ish anyways on the bench every game....
Why? so he can sit on the bench?

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 658

Post#318 » by NetsJets » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:45 pm

Tough what happened to Nurkic.

But this was a loss we deserved. We missed free throws, missed open shots, made boneheaded mistakes, sloppy turnovers. Hopefully we regroup against the Sixers.
JiggaMan06
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#319 » by JiggaMan06 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:48 pm

Prayers go out to Nurkic. Besides the FT's, DLo TO's and Dinwiddie mistakes 3 calls sealed our fate last night.
1.) JA 6th PF- Lillard did a great job of selling that contact
2.) At the 3:23 mark in 2Ot they reversed the call and Nurkic scored
3.) The offensive foul they called on Carroll kick out
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,565

Post#320 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:59 pm

You have to make FTs, you cannot make critical turnovers in crunch time, and you cannot make silly fouls, and you cannot make boneheaded plays during clock management possessions when you're down. Multiple players were guilty of this last night which led to a loss.

The Nets deserved to lose that game regardless of the refs. they also showed a clear lack of poise following the resume in play after the Nurkic injury whereas the veteran Blazers were composed and locked in. This is the difference between a young team starting to figure out how to win games and a veteran team that already knows how.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets