ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets vs Bucks 4/1/19

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Re: GT: Nets vs Bucks 4/1/19 

Post#81 » by moonpie » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:09 am

Can't be too upset with this loss. They played with tremendous energy down the stretch, but Bucks are elite
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,848

Post#82 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:09 am

if you told me that Russell and LeVert would combine for 52 points and we'd still get beaten by 10 I'd call you crazy, but not against this team. The Bucks are loaded and very well coached. Giannis is nearly unstoppable and he's not even reached his ceiling yet. Unless we get a superstar to add to our group we can expect to get drubbed by these guys for the next decade.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#83 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:15 am

Important takeway from this game is that Levert is back. I'm just praying we can win 2 more of these games.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#84 » by IceManBK1 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:15 am

We need a bully in the paint to make opposing bigs work hard on defense and eat up all the boards.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#85 » by Paradise » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:18 am

We didn’t lose any ground so it was a manageable loss. It still confirms why we must avoid Milwaukee at all costs. Saturday could get ugly.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#86 » by Aussienet3 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:18 am

I missed the first half. But glad to see our boys fight it out. Shot's didn't go down in the end and bucks couldn't miss! Great to see my man Caris getting his groove back. This game just proves in my mind we need to go all out for KD!
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#87 » by SpeedyG » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:26 am

MrDollarBills wrote:if you told me that Russell and LeVert would combine for 52 points and we'd still get beaten by 10 I'd call you crazy, but not against this team. The Bucks are loaded and very well coached. Giannis is nearly unstoppable and he's not even reached his ceiling yet. Unless we get a superstar to add to our group we can expect to get drubbed by these guys for the next decade.

Well, in fairness...its 52 points...but this was not a good game by Russell. He had splash plays, but overall...the turnovers, the shot selection, it wasn't good. When you factor in that Spencer has practically disappeared the past several games, and Allen continues to be below average, it's really not surprising. At this point, both Ed and ROndae are playing better than him.

You have the best player at the position where we are weakest, and their style basically goes against ours (long threes, long rebounds = fastbreak death). Kenny once again falls in love with the 2-3 zone, when realistically, the only "good" possessions we got out of it where they missed an open three. Otherwise, we gave them an open layup or an open three.

REalistically, defensively...we don't do anything differently schematic wise with Allen that we didn't do with Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller, and Brook Lopez before him. What's the point of an athletic young defender if we're going to treat him like he's a lumbering oaf like Davis, Zeller, and Lopez?

But yeah, as soon as we saw Giannis was going to suit up for this game, we knew this was likely a loss. We need everyone to basically have a good/great game to overcome his dominance, and we just didn't get that.

Fortunately, everyone else lost so we neither gained nor lost ground.

I really really REALLY don't want us to fall to 8, because the Bucks will annihilate this team in the playoffs if that's our matchup. But I guess beggars can't be choosers...
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#88 » by MGrand15 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:30 am

Bucks had 72 points in the 2nd half. Really poor defense. Sucks since our offense was actually clicking. Rare since the all star break. They legit scored every time down in the 4th.

Even though we technically control our own destiny, it doesn't really feel like it. Gotta bank on Orlando fumbling some games that the other team is handing them. Where are the guys that were bashing anyone that called this back when we got blown out by the Wizards? Now it's going down to the wire with D-Wade's final regular season game as possibly the deciding factor. Should be fun.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#89 » by DarkXaero » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:35 am

Not sure why we don't play RHJ unless we're in desperation mode and down big. Dude has played really well the last two times we used, and honestly, JA has been such a liability lately that we're better off using undersized RHJ at 5 anyway. Especially in a game like tonight when we're playing against Brook Lopez who is camping out at the 3pt line mostly.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#90 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:46 am

I wish there was zone defense stats. I'm pretty certain we defend worse in the zone D.

The zone "worked" in the 2ndQ only because the Bucks started missing open shots and GIannis was in foul trouble. They destroyed the zone in the 2nd half and got tons of open looks, especially when they went smaller. Bud tok Kenny to school in that regard.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,246

Post#91 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 2, 2019 5:18 am

Damn that's messed up that coach Bud didn't do us any favors smh he must not like KA. Bud should of played his guys in Atlanta and rested them for us but I guess he doesn't want to see his old pal make the playoffs or make it too easy for him, lame. At least all the other teams lost but this one would of put us ahead. Still have a tough stretch to go smh not looking to good.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#92 » by gigantes » Tue Apr 2, 2019 10:51 am

Papi_swav wrote:Damn that's messed up that coach Bud didn't do us any favors smh he must not like KA. Bud should of played his guys in Atlanta and rested them for us but I guess he doesn't want to see his old pal make the playoffs or make it too easy for him, lame. At least all the other teams lost but this one would of put us ahead. Still have a tough stretch to go smh not looking to good.

Was that an April Fool's attempt?
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#93 » by SpeedyG » Tue Apr 2, 2019 11:36 am

3pt_chucker wrote:I wish there was zone defense stats. I'm pretty certain we defend worse in the zone D.

The zone "worked" in the 2ndQ only because the Bucks started missing open shots and GIannis was in foul trouble. They destroyed the zone in the 2nd half and got tons of open looks, especially when they went smaller. Bud tok Kenny to school in that regard.
Yeah we're really not a good zone D team. When it has worked more often than not it's because the other team aren't making shots

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
JiggaMan06
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#94 » by JiggaMan06 » Tue Apr 2, 2019 12:28 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:I wish there was zone defense stats. I'm pretty certain we defend worse in the zone D.

Yeah our zone rotation isn't the best especially when the guys are gassed from the offensive end. Like on that Giannis 3 idk what was the right defensive approach to take.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#95 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2019 1:03 pm

JiggaMan06 wrote:

Yeah our zone rotation isn't the best especially when the guys are gassed from the offensive end. Like on that Giannis 3 idk what was the right defensive approach to take.

Giannis is a 25% 3point shooter. You live with that shot from him

Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#96 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:11 pm

gigantes wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Damn that's messed up that coach Bud didn't do us any favors smh he must not like KA. Bud should of played his guys in Atlanta and rested them for us but I guess he doesn't want to see his old pal make the playoffs or make it too easy for him, lame. At least all the other teams lost but this one would of put us ahead. Still have a tough stretch to go smh not looking to good.

Why would it be? You don't think it's messed up Bud rest all his guys for Atlanta and not us, when KA was his assistant coach for years? Friends are suppose to look out for each other, that was a d*** move by Bud.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#97 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:22 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
gigantes wrote:

Why would it be? You don't think it's messed up Bud rest all his guys for Atlanta and not us, when KA was his assistant coach for years? Friends are suppose to look out for each other, that was a d*** move by Bud.

An NBA head coach isn't going to throw a game on purpose to help out another coach. They probably aren't going to rest their guys against us in the next game either unless they've secured the #1 overall seed of the playoffs, so we're going to get beat down again in a few days.

Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#98 » by Papi_swav » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
gigantes wrote:Was that an April Fool's attempt?

An NBA head coach isn't going to throw a game on purpose to help out another coach. They probably aren't going to rest their guys against us in the next game either unless they've secured the #1 overall seed of the playoffs, so we're going to get beat down again in a few days.

exactly which would of made more sense to rest his guys against us and play his guys against Atlanta smh not cool Bud.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#99 » by gigantes » Tue Apr 2, 2019 4:49 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
gigantes wrote:Was that an April Fool's attempt?

Yeah, close friendship is fine, but at the end of the day, 'helping out a buddy' has to be WAY down there on the list of concerns a head coach would have. Resting starters to alter the playoff race could also get a HC or team in some hot water, I would think. This is the elite league of leagues we're talking about, with billions of dollars in play and millions of eyes scrutinizing it.

Maybe possibly there could be some obvious reasons to rest starters, and if you wanted to help out a buddy as an additional thing, and weren't too worried about it backfiring, you might slide that card under your top card so to speak.

Just like Miami fans from last year tho, it's really the last thing you should expect another team to do. It's a ridiculous thing to expect IMO.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#100 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 2, 2019 5:43 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Why would it be? You don't think it's messed up Bud rest all his guys for Atlanta and not us, when KA was his assistant coach for years? Friends are suppose to look out for each other, that was a d*** move by Bud.

Yeah, close friendship is fine, but at the end of the day, 'helping out a buddy' has to be WAY down there on the list of concerns a head coach would have. Resting starters to alter the playoff race could also get a HC or team in some hot water, I would think. This is the elite league of leagues we're talking about, with billions of dollars in play and millions of eyes scrutinizing it.

Maybe possibly there could be some obvious reasons to rest starters, and if you wanted to help out a buddy as an additional thing, and weren't too worried about it backfiring, you might slide that card under your top card so to speak.

Just like Miami fans from last year tho, it's really the last thing you should expect another team to do. It's a ridiculous thing to expect IMO.

The sense of entitlement from Miami fans was hilarious. What made it baffling is that people outside of that fanbase made it seem like that the Nets had an obligation to play their players. :lol:

Return to Brooklyn Nets