ImageImageImageImageImage

28 wins('18) to 42 wins('19): Where do we go from here?

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,898

28 wins('18) to 42 wins('19): Where do we go from here? 

Post#1 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:20 am

a 14 game swing is nothing to sneeze at. The Nets are way ahead of the curve right now.

With a significant addition in free agency and roster tweaks, this should be a 50+ win team next season barring injury. What do you think?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Re: 28 wins('18) to 42 wins('19): Where do we go from here? 

Post#2 » by jbeachboy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:24 am

it depends who we get in free agency, we gotta bring back ed davis, carroll, and d lo to keep rising that win number.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#3 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:25 am

50 wins is a long shot, unless we land KD or Kawhi.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#4 » by SpeedyG » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:10 am

Yeah next season is really a tough. How much more can our young guys improve by?

What about our vets Dudley/DMC/Davis? Those 3 were huge in stretches of our season.

Not since the Heatles free agency do we see the top of East be so dependent on FA: Milwaukee has a bunch of FA, Toronto could lose Leonard, Sixers have Tobias and Butler, Celtics have Kyrie and possibly AD option.

On the flip side you have Pacers who will get Oladipo back, Nets have room for max guy, Magic have a bunch of young talent that should get better.

Detroit will probably remain fringe team, whereas Hawks should be greatly improved if young and Collins (plus two picks this year) develops again.

There's a possibility Knicks get 2 max guys and Zion too.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#5 » by Papi_swav » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:09 am

Keep building.

We need to hit on these picks in the draft especially on our #17 pick.

We need to get rid of Crabbe but don't over pay for it, the #27 pick should do it.

Resigning DMC, Davis, Dudley and DLo is a must, just hope the 1st 2 are not that expensive.

Dudley should take the minimum and Dlo will get close to his max.

Davis hopefully at 7M per? and DMC for mid level? But first we need to get the max guy like Kawhi, KD etc...

If not then a guy like Milsap would be perfect.

We pretty much have our little core in place, just need that big star and a starting 4.

DLo, Din, Levert and Joe are good enough and young enough to get better. Our backcourt is pretty set.

Need forwards.

I expect no less than 47 win next season assuming everyone is healthy for the most part.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#6 » by NetsJets » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:58 pm

We need a power forward (Randle??), resign Carroll, Davis and Dudley. Move on from Crabbe and unfortunately RHJ. Hit on our 2 picks and internal improvement from Rodi, Musa etc.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:40 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:a 14 game swing is nothing to sneeze at. The Nets are way ahead of the curve right now.

With a significant addition in free agency and roster tweaks, this should be a 50+ win team next season barring injury. What do you think?

I think every season is different... ive seen "Add perfect fit talents and we will be better" not pan out too many times. some recent examples:

49 win Nets team with enormous holes at SF/Shooter and PF/Rebounder/defender turns wallace and reggie evans into pierce and KG and wins just 44 games the next year as Deron turns into Jarret Jacks ball boy.

55 win celtics team adds Heyward and a healthy Kyrie back with another year for green and tatum and wins just 49 games this year.

Alot can happen. Who knows if Dlo regresses a bit. or doesnt improve much. or the guys we bring in dont fit like they do on paper?

I think if we got Kawhi or Durant our floor is 50-52 wins and second round with a championship ceiling.

if we got tobias or kemba we have a 38-40 win floor.

im super excited... but winning less then 42 wins next year wouldnt bother me if we struck out in FA.

Also, i wont measure us by wins but by direction.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#8 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:26 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:a 14 game swing is nothing to sneeze at. The Nets are way ahead of the curve right now.

I think every season is different... ive seen "Add perfect fit talents and we will be better" not pan out too many times. some recent examples:

49 win Nets team with enormous holes at SF/Shooter and PF/Rebounder/defender turns wallace and reggie evans into pierce and KG and wins just 44 games the next year as Deron turns into Jarret Jacks ball boy.

55 win celtics team adds Heyward and a healthy Kyrie back with another year for green and tatum and wins just 49 games this year.

Alot can happen. Who knows if Dlo regresses a bit. or doesnt improve much. or the guys we bring in dont fit like they do on paper?

I think if we got Kawhi or Durant our floor is 50-52 wins and second round with a championship ceiling.

if we got tobias or kemba we have a 38-40 win floor.

im super excited... but winning less then 42 wins next year wouldnt bother me if we struck out in FA.

Also, i wont measure us by wins but by direction.

How about when just replacing our league worst SFs with a borderline starter was going to propel us to the playoffs? We traded a top 3 protected pick for Wallace and our record got worse. It’s ok though, because Billy knew that draft was only 3 deep.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#9 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Would love to make a splash in free agency. We've pretty much never had that. I'm still pretty doubtful that we hit a homerun and Marks is going to have to get creative, but again something feels different about this team and the direction we're going in.

Would love to see us hit the 45-50 win range next year. But lets win a few playoffs first!

Return to Brooklyn Nets