Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#481 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Na I don't think our ceiling is finals just yet, not without a KD or Kawhi on his side. I don't think Kyrie can lead a team to the finals and there has not been many point guards to do it either.

he certainly can. if durant stays in GSSW an kawhi goes to the clippers kyrie becomes the easts best player

What about Embiid or Greak Freak ?

Again, I just don't see a point guard leading us to the chip.. Curry is the top PG and we've seen how he chokes in the finals, CP3 has been the top point before Curry came and he's still scratching for just 1. Lilliard is another one. We need a dominate forward or wing to win it all IMO.

id take kyrie over embiid by a mile. giannis is better though... but ill take an atkinson coached nets over them.

again, thats our ceiling, not saying its likely.

kyrie has an enormous impact on wins and is a perfect fit.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#482 » by Lamak » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:53 am

excited to see how this offseason plays out especially after the warrior loss. shift in the nba coming
Brooklyn Nets
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#483 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:11 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
he certainly can. if durant stays in GSSW an kawhi goes to the clippers kyrie becomes the easts best player

What about Embiid or Greak Freak ?

Again, I just don't see a point guard leading us to the chip.. Curry is the top PG and we've seen how he chokes in the finals, CP3 has been the top point before Curry came and he's still scratching for just 1. Lilliard is another one. We need a dominate forward or wing to win it all IMO.

id take kyrie over embiid by a mile. giannis is better though... but ill take an atkinson coached nets over them.

again, thats our ceiling, not saying its likely.

kyrie has an enormous impact on wins and is a perfect fit.

Kyrie over Embiid by a mile? Interested on why you feel this way... Bucks have Mike Bud coaching them, don't forget KA learned after him.

I guess we can have this discussion by pre season because we still have to see what Philly, Raps and Bucks do.

I don't see Kyrie having that great of an impact on wins and his career has not proved that at all. Celtics were close to a finals team and was #1 in the East before him, then they got him and then he got hurt and almost went to the finals without him. With him they couldn't get past the 2nd round.

I don't see at any point in his career where he has an enormous impact on wins. Celtics are a playoff team without him. And he isn't a perfect fit here with DLO and Din playing the same position.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#484 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Griffin wants a deal done ASAP/pre-draft. Sign and trades can’t happen until July 6. DLo can’t legally negotiate with a team until 6pm on June 30th. A DLo S&T for Davis is not happening.

The Cap Guru has spoken.

I was not saying only for AD, I am not the cap guru I once was on older CBA's, I'll certainly concede that to guys like NetsFan lol, but I understand the dates these things can happen. And what Griffin wants and what he'll be forced to do might be two different things entirely.
I will say if Griffin doesn't trade AD by the draft, then our chances go up providing we are willing to shake up our roster.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#485 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:02 pm

Assuming Bucks Tor and Sixers keep their team together, our ceiling with Russell/Kyrie is 4th behind those teams. We have no way to deal with Giannis, Embiid, and Kawhi/Siakam.

Barring some massive leaps by Allen and Rodi at the 5/4 spots, at least...

Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,053

Post#486 » by Netaman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:12 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Assuming Bucks Tor and Sixers keep their team together, our ceiling with Russell/Kyrie is 4th behind those teams. We have no way to deal with Giannis, Embiid, and Kawhi/Siakam.

That's one area where Anthony Davis would solve many, many, problems. If the Lakers are truly dumb enough to hold out over Kuzma, perhaps the DLo S&T emerges as a possibility?

Beyond that, I'd imagine finding long 4 who can compete with Rodi and help improve the D is really high up on the list of things Marks is looking for. A lot of prospects fit that mold from the top of this draft (Hunter) down through where our picks are (Claxton, Kabengele, Okeke, etc) - hopefully he can pull another rabbit from his hat since there's not a ton of options in FA.

Adding a JaMychal Green type could be a good complimentary move depending on what happens with the bigger fish. Or maybe even a Millsap/Horford on a short deal. Porzingas would be another awesome fit but that seems like a longshot in terms of the Mavs letting him go.
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#487 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Please stop with the Russell s&t scenarios :(

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#488 » by kamaze » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Paradise wrote:The official asking price for AD has been revealed.

Read on Twitter

Sounds like DLO, Levert , Allen and a pick trade, rather keep Levert tho.

Or we could be the third team and trade Dlo for assets. Maybe that's how we get our power forward?
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#489 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 pm

kamaze wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Paradise wrote:The official asking price for AD has been revealed.

Read on Twitter

Sounds like DLO, Levert , Allen and a pick trade, rather keep Levert tho.

Or we could be the third team and trade Dlo for assets. Maybe that's how we get our power forward?
It's not like they are getting that from the Lakers

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#490 » by kamaze » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:58 pm

SpeedyG wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Sounds like DLO, Levert , Allen and a pick trade, rather keep Levert tho.

N

New Orleans can trade A. Davis to any team, Brooklyn might be able to get in on the action. I wasn't thinking about a power forward from the Lakers. Hmm just thinking out loud Jonathan Williams a 1st round draft pick and a point guard for DLo?

Unless they're willing to trade Lebron and whoever is the 2nd best player on the team plus the picks I don't know if LA has the assets to get the deal done straight up. Maybe New Orleans wouldn't want Lebron bc and would rather build around younger players.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#491 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:47 pm

kamaze wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:
kamaze wrote:

N

New Orleans can trade A. Davis to any team, Brooklyn might be able to get in on the action. I wasn't thinking about a power forward from the Lakers. Hmm just thinking out loud Jonathan Williams a 1st round draft pick and a point guard for DLo?

Unless they're willing to trade Lebron and whoever is the 2nd best player on the team plus the picks I don't know if LA has the assets to get the deal done straight up. Maybe New Orleans wouldn't want Lebron bc and would rather build around younger players.
I personally would take a chance on Ingram but I have no idea how it would fit trade wise

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#492 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,196

Post#493 » by Papi_swav » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:14 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Assuming Bucks Tor and Sixers keep their team together, our ceiling with Russell/Kyrie is 4th behind those teams. We have no way to deal with Giannis, Embiid, and Kawhi/Siakam.

This is why that Prince deal was important, Prince is long and agile enough to guard these guys. I'm not sure how good he is on defense now but he has those tools to give those guys some fits, except Embiid. We need a bruiser center for Embiid, a Aaron Baynes type guy. A heavy guy that Embiid can't move, Embiid didn't have the best series against a heavy set guy like Gasol. Get a cheap guy like Bogut, Pachulia, Nene, O'Quinn, Koufas.. just a guy that will be a brick wall for Embiid and Drummond, play him 15 minutes if we ever run into Embiid in the playoffs. Ed Davis did a good job on Embiid before he got injured but I don't think he's tall enough.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#494 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:18 pm

I see based on all that salt that's being shaken in our direction on the GB, we're going to have to start dog walking people on here come next season. Kyrie better come in here ready to ball out so it will make the trash talk even sweeter
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#495 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 pm

I'd be all in on picking up O'Quinn. We need a bruiser for depth

JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#496 » by JoseRizal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Should we go the 2 max route (Kyrie & ?) plus keeping D’lo, am I the only one here that thinks signing Jimmy over Tobias is the better move?

If the playoffs & finals has proven something, it’s that good defense will get you further than great offense.

Also, should we decide to form the brooklyn backcourt of KyLo, Jimmy will be able to compensate our weak perimeter D. While Tobias is younger, he just doesn’t seem aggressive enough to compete defensively.

Next year is open season, I’d rather bet on a proven playoff performer like Butler over an inconsistent Harris...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#497 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:05 am

JoseRizal wrote:Should we go the 2 max route (Kyrie & ?) plus keeping D’lo, am I the only one here that thinks signing Jimmy over Tobias is the better move?

If the playoffs & finals has proven something, it’s that good defense will get you further than great offense.

Also, should we decide to form the brooklyn backcourt of KyLo, Jimmy will be able to compensate our weak perimeter D. While Tobias is younger, he just doesn’t seem aggressive enough to compete defensively.

Next year is open season, I’d rather bet on a proven playoff performer like Butler over an inconsistent Harris...

I don't think Jimmy will want to play at the 4. Just my gut feeling.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#498 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:06 am

SpeedyG wrote:Please stop with the Russell s&t scenarios :(

i don't want to be a dick but they're aggravating to read. People just think Russell is going to agree to any old thing to help the Nets, like WTF?

Either the Nets resign him over the cap after we finish getting two max slots in here, or he's gone. there are no sign and trades.

SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#499 » by SpeedyG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:22 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
SpeedyG wrote:Please stop with the Russell s&t scenarios :(

i don't want to be a dick but they're aggravating to read. People just think Russell is going to agree to any old thing to help the Nets, like WTF?

Either the Nets resign him over the cap after we finish getting two max slots in here, or he's gone. there are no sign and trades.
haha yeah. like...id love AD but it ain't happening

SpeedyG
RealGM

Post#500 » by SpeedyG » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:26 am

MrDollarBills wrote:I see based on all that salt that's being shaken in our direction on the GB, we're going to have to start dog walking people on here come next season. Kyrie better come in here ready to ball out so it will make the trash talk even sweeter
LOL can already tell we gonna quickly turn into the darling franchise everyone liked to watch to that team every fan gonna hate

Imagine if Rodi develops...man they are sooooo gonna be salty at his play

Return to Brooklyn Nets