ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Re: Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#821 » by SpeedyG » Wed Jul 3, 2019 10:48 pm

There was a picture released not too long after the draft with Caris Allen Rodi and Claxton and Allen didn't look angry bigger really, though he was wearing long sleeves

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#822 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 4, 2019 5:04 am

SpeedyG wrote:There was a picture released not too long after the draft with Caris Allen Rodi and Claxton and Allen didn't look angry bigger really, though he was wearing long sleeves

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

he is still a 20 or 21 year old kid.... once he is 24-26 he should fill out a bunch
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#823 » by treiz » Thu Jul 4, 2019 8:29 am

Didn't see this anywhere so thought I'd post it. Joe Harris on the Dan Patrick show (around the 1:00 mark), pretty good interview all around:

Really awesome from the Nets, brought in all of the players on the team to the practice facility to introduce Kyrie and KD to the team as soon as free agency open.

Not only do I think that this is a really good move in order to try and get KD and Kyrie comfortable in their new surroundings, coaches and teammates (as well as getting the players comfortable with Kyrie and KD) but how long ago did the Nets know that they were coming here? I think we can confidently say that it was well before the Crabbe trade.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#824 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:07 pm

treiz wrote:Didn't see this anywhere so thought I'd post it. Joe Harris on the Dan Patrick show (around the 1:00 mark), pretty good interview all around:

Really awesome from the Nets, brought in all of the players on the team to the practice facility to introduce Kyrie and KD to the team as soon as free agency open.

Not only do I think that this is a really good move in order to try and get KD and Kyrie comfortable in their new surroundings, coaches and teammates (as well as getting the players comfortable with Kyrie and DK) but how long ago did the Nets know that they were coming here? I think we can confidently say that it was well before the Crabbe trade.

I think they knew for weeks.

Just goes to show you, people in sports media have agendas when it comes to reporting. That dude from Yahoo sports who said that Durant wasn't considering the Nets seriously is either a liar or he got played big time by sources.

Notice Woj or Shams didn't say much at all.

Can't wait til we see KD on the floor with Joe at the same time. The driving lanes will be so clean for Kyrie and LeVert.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#825 » by jbeachboy » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:12 pm

how many roster spots do we have left to sign?
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#826 » by treiz » Thu Jul 4, 2019 5:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I think they knew for weeks.

Just goes to show you, people in sports media have agendas when it comes to reporting. That dude from Yahoo sports who said that Durant wasn't considering the Nets seriously is either a liar or he got played big time by sources.

Notice Woj or Shams didn't say much at all.

Can't wait til we see KD on the floor with Joe at the same time. The driving lanes will be so clean for Kyrie and LeVert.

100%, it's crazy how quickly they moved in and closed it all off ASAP.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they sealed it as early as the lottery. The reason I say this is because I remember watching an interview a month or two ago and they brought in Jeff Gewirtz who's part of the Board of Directors for the Nets, and he quickly hinted at the end to essentially believe the hype and the Nets are opening up the check book, this was around the time the KD to Nets talk started gaining some steam (Still didn't believe it tbf, thought it was genuinely gonna be Tobias that we open it for).

Man, that floor spacing is gonna be surreal even this year without KD.

jbeachboy wrote:how many roster spots do we have left to sign?

I believe we're pretty much filled up at this point, unless they make extra changes to Williams/Pinson.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#827 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 6:14 pm

Yo who's Ed Davis' agent? That guy must be the worst in the business.

We signed him to a bargain contract. He played GREAT for us in limited minutes. Easily could've played more. Somehow he ends up signing for 5 mil a year? Someone get this man paid. Every team he's played for loves him.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#828 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jul 4, 2019 11:03 pm

MGrand15 wrote:Yo who's Ed Davis' agent? That guy must be the worst in the business.

We signed him to a bargain contract. He played GREAT for us in limited minutes. Easily could've played more. Somehow he ends up signing for 5 mil a year? Someone get this man paid. Every team he's played for loves him.
Yeah, I don't understand Ed Davis career. Dude has played on so many teams, and at least on his last two teams, he was loved by everyone, and made a big impact off the bench. In a vacuum, its a fantastic signing by Jazz getting him, and for that cheap. But I don't understand the point of signing one of the best backup Cs in the league, to play behind Rudy Gobert. How much will he actually play?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#829 » by Prokorov » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:33 am

sig worthy:

gocelts wrote:Maxing KD who can't play next year because of an achilles is a disaster
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#830 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:05 pm

Prokorov wrote:sig worthy:

gocelts wrote:Maxing KD who can't play next year because of an achilles is a disaster

every GM in the league would have done the same.

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#831 » by NetsWorld » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:30 pm

When the second best player in the league is available and you have a shot to sign him, you go for it. I find it hard to believe KD cannot come back in superstar fashion after one year of recovery, we are not dealing with a mid-tier player here. Nets did the right thing and in two years will not only have an opportunity to compete for a title, but also a chance to entice other players to come along for the ride here.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#832 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Jul 5, 2019 8:03 pm

KD35Netted wrote:

When the second best player in the league is available and you have a shot to sign him, you go for it. I find it hard to believe KD cannot come back in superstar fashion after one year of recovery, we are not dealing with a mid-tier player here. Nets did the right thing and in two years will not only have an opportunity to compete for a title, but also a chance to entice other players to come along for the ride here.

star players win championships. Russell was a good player who might even become a great player. Same with Julius Randle. Tobias Harris is really good.

However Irving and Durant are ALL NBA caliber players. They each have won championships and played with other greats. They know what it takes to win.

I would take these 2 guys over any combination of the other 3 guys I mentioned in a heartbeat. Right now, even a trio of Russell, Harris, and Randle would be really really fun to watch and root for. But Durant and Kyrie will win you a title.
HotShots
Senior
And1: 9

Post#833 » by HotShots » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:59 pm

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Davis Bertans has been traded to the Washington Wizards.
Bertans heads to Washington as part of a three-team deal that sends DeMarre Carroll from the Nets to the Spurs. The Wizards will send the rights to F Aaron White to Brooklyn to complete the deal. Bertans is an elite shooter for a big (43% on 4.4 3PAs last season) and should see a much easier path to playing time with the Wiz.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#834 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:11 am

HotShots wrote:ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Davis Bertans has been traded to the Washington Wizards.
Bertans heads to Washington as part of a three-team deal that sends DeMarre Carroll from the Nets to the Spurs. The Wizards will send the rights to F Aaron White to Brooklyn to complete the deal. Bertans is an elite shooter for a big (43% on 4.4 3PAs last season) and should see a much easier path to playing time with the Wiz.

aaron white? didnt that dude play for purdue like 8 years ago? red headed dunk machine?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#835 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:14 am

The Marksman with another excellent move. Shout out to DMC for agreeing to a S&T deal:

Read on Twitter

When you do right by the player, it pays off in the long run. Now we just got two more international stashes on standby

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,231

Post#836 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:40 am

Never heard of these guys..... BTW does anyone know what are the protections from the GS pick yet?
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#837 » by Shark » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:41 am

Don't know much about them either lol. But after a quick google search, they are both on the older side of draft and stash. Both are 26. Dangubic was drafted in '14 and White in '15. So probably not guys that are going to see the NBA floor.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#838 » by Rockice_24 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 11:28 am

With the kawhi news the east is wide open. Why not us this year. I mean the best team is either MIL or PHI and neither seem unbeatable.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#839 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:The Marksman with another excellent move. Shout out to DMC for agreeing to a S&T deal:

Read on Twitter

When you do right by the player, it pays off in the long run. Now we just got two more international stashes on standby

i dont know that white is a stash. isnt he like 28?
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#840 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jul 7, 2019 2:29 pm

Shark wrote:Don't know much about them either lol. But after a quick google search, they are both on the older side of draft and stash. Both are 26. Dangubic was drafted in '14 and White in '15. So probably not guys that are going to see the NBA floor.

Yeah, doesn't like it. Any chance Nets got a TPE?

EDIT: Got my answer.
Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets