ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

drchaos
Rookie
And1: 403

Re: Official 2019 Brooklyn Nets Offseason Thread 

Post#901 » by drchaos » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:41 am

Prokorov wrote:Kevin durant forced the warriors to add a first rounder in the sign and trade with russell

KD is awesome

Kyrie ain't half bad himself.

What an off-season!
Codeblack
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#902 » by Codeblack » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#903 » by Prokorov » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:37 am

Codeblack wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

it was true from day 1. ainge thought landing AD could keep kyrie in town. but it was never going to happen
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#904 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:19 am

Prokorov wrote:
Codeblack wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

it was true from day 1. ainge thought landing AD could keep kyrie in town. but it was never going to happen

At least Boston should acknowledge that Kyrie did the classy thing and gave plenty of notice to management.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#905 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:40 pm

Codeblack wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Its crazy how The Nets had this in the bag for months.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#906 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:06 pm

Forbes released the top 50 most valuable sports franchises (world wide including Premiere League clubs):

Read on Twitter

the Nets clock in at #37. Not bad

37 | Brooklyn Nets (NBA)
Value: $2.35 billion
1-Year % Change: 2%
Owners: Mikhail Prokhorov, Joe Tsai
Operating Income: $53 million

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#907 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:41 am

You guys see you got Deng Adel on a 10-day?

Hoping he does well.

He's on Australia's roster for the exhibition games versus the US/Canada next month as well as the World Cup.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#908 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:24 am

GimmeDat wrote:You guys see you got Deng Adel on a 10-day?

Hoping he does well.

He's on Australia's roster for the exhibition games versus the US/Canada next month as well as the World Cup.

I'm not familiar with him, is he any good?

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#909 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:31 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Hoping he does well.

I'm not familiar with him, is he any good?

I think he's got a chance to be solid, he's still a bit of a work in progress though. He's got solid size/length/athleticism for the wing, solid defender, and can do some off the dribble shot-making/facilitating stuff. Thing is, he played for the Cavs at the end of last season for 19 games, even started a few, but he played really passively offensively (only took 6.7 shots per 36) and barely contributed on the offensive end - almost a bit star struck by his first NBA opportunity, it felt.

Especially if he's going to be more of a 3/D guy in the league he needs to shoot the 3 better.. he was average/slightly below average from beyond the arc in college/G-League, and then went 6/23 in his Cavs tenure. If he can hit the 3 consistently I think he's an NBA player.

Still 22 years old, has good tools, hope he gets there. Here's his best game from this past Summer League -

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#910 » by Paradise » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:31 pm

This is a must read, guys.

Read on Twitter
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,068

Post#911 » by therealbig3 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:48 pm

Why can't we sign Jeremy Lin? He just said how nobody is offering him anything and how the NBA has given up on him...I would LOVE to have Lin back as a backup PG/spot starter when Kyrie inevitably misses games.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#912 » by DarkXaero » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:08 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Why can't we sign Jeremy Lin? He just said how nobody is offering him anything and how the NBA has given up on him...I would LOVE to have Lin back as a backup PG/spot starter when Kyrie inevitably misses games.
Because Jeremy Lin hasn't looked like a NBA player, and we already have one of the best backup PGs in the league in Dinwiddie?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#913 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:30 am

therealbig3 wrote:Why can't we sign Jeremy Lin? He just said how nobody is offering him anything and how the NBA has given up on him...I would LOVE to have Lin back as a backup PG/spot starter when Kyrie inevitably misses games.

I mean, I'm sorry to see that this is basically the end for him career wise unless he plays overseas, but this is just how it goes. That injury wrecked the poor guy.

He's made nearly a 100 million dollars over his career and will probably continue to earn money off of his brand and investments. so he'll be fine.

Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#914 » by Aussienet3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:52 am

Hoping he does well.

I was hoping he would play for the Adel.... aide 36ers. :lol:
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#915 » by GimmeDat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:24 am

Aussienet3 wrote:

Hoping he does well.

I was hoping he would play for the Adel.... aide 36ers. :lol:

Yeah I was hoping he'd come to the NBL if not for the NBA as well. Oh well, can't cry poor given all the pickups the league's had this season!
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#916 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:10 am

Look at this bull **** from the General Board:

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Your ignorance is on full display. Even the most basic understanding of the stats presented would stop you from posting the things you're posting. Your idea about posting in the Nets forum would have no bearing on the numbers themselves. This isn't the kind of thing where "oh because we saw the games we can override the stark reality of what the numbers tell us". You can't. It just doesn't work that way. I'm sorry. Nothing else to be said though and no way am I going around in a circle again.

your "numbers" are trash. raw on/off with no context, depth or supporting facts.

we've already shown why on/off is a terrible stat, especially on its own. but hey i guess tobias harris should be cut and the raps will fall apart without monroe bexause.... on/off

Prokorov wrote:its not jsut the eye test. we already showed you, statisitcally, the massive impact joe harris had on both the offense and on winning last year. but you ignored it

you refuse to lsiten to stats or the eye ball test and talk out your rear about a team you admit to having barely watched

Uh nope you didn't "prove" any of those things. You're completely misunderstanding how I'm using on/off, and the fact that you referenced a 52 min sample size for Monroe tells me everything I need to know :lol: On/off is not a ranking of how good players are- not even close. On/off IS however the best stat for understanding what drives team success or lack thereof. It's that simple. Of course Tobias' on/off won't look as good when his minutes are being staggered against 3 players who are better than him. Whereas Joe Harris is being outshined by the likes of DeMarre Carroll and Jared Dudley. Yes the "starters vs bench" defense holds some weight, but that takes us back to my point that the Nets starting lineup was below average. There's really no rational argument you cane make against that conclusion. I'm sorry if it's difficult to digest for you.

This man is trying to tell us that Joe Harris was outshined last season by DMC and Jared Dudley. And swears he watched 20 games. :lol: !!!!!!!

The hate is real. These dudes are so salty over the Nets offseason that they just start spitballing and telling lies. Anything to downplay us.

I smell blood in the water. I think deep down, Sixers, Raptors, Knicks, and Celtics fans know what's coming for them and they're **** ting their pants. All four fanbases have been salty af. Denial is always the first stage.

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#917 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:19 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Look at this bull **** from the General Board:

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
your "numbers" are trash. raw on/off with no context, depth or supporting facts.

we've already shown why on/off is a terrible stat, especially on its own. but hey i guess tobias harris should be cut and the raps will fall apart without monroe bexause.... on/off

Prokorov wrote:its not jsut the eye test. we already showed you, statisitcally, the massive impact joe harris had on both the offense and on winning last year. but you ignored it

you refuse to lsiten to stats or the eye ball test and talk out your rear about a team you admit to having barely watched

Uh nope you didn't "prove" any of those things. You're completely misunderstanding how I'm using on/off, and the fact that you referenced a 52 min sample size for Monroe tells me everything I need to know :lol: On/off is not a ranking of how good players are- not even close. On/off IS however the best stat for understanding what drives team success or lack thereof. It's that simple. Of course Tobias' on/off won't look as good when his minutes are being staggered against 3 players who are better than him. Whereas Joe Harris is being outshined by the likes of DeMarre Carroll and Jared Dudley. Yes the "starters vs bench" defense holds some weight, but that takes us back to my point that the Nets starting lineup was below average. There's really no rational argument you cane make against that conclusion. I'm sorry if it's difficult to digest for you.

This man is trying to tell us that Joe Harris was outshined last season by DMC and Jared Dudley. And swears he watched 20 games. :lol: !!!!!!!

The hate is real. These dudes are so salty over the Nets offseason that they just start spitballing and telling lies. Anything to downplay us.

I smell blood in the water. I think deep down, Sixers, Raptors, Knicks, and Celtics fans know what's coming for them and they're **** ting their pants. All four fanbases have been salty af. Denial is always the first stage.

The response I already gave:

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Dude. Outshined in on/off. What we've been talking about this whole time. Try to keep up...

Like, why don't you capitalize the sentence directly before it for context? :lol: Yeesh. FFS is right.

This is starting to get weird, man. Sorry I predicted your team to win 44 games without your best player :roll:
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#918 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:45 pm

I'll just leave this here, because we've got a troll on this forum who needs to get exposed:

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
kuclas wrote:
Kyrie and defense don’t belong in same sentence. It never has been. He’s not gonna to expend extra energy on defense. Just isn’t in his dna.

He’s a shoot first point guard. A wonderful iso guard when you need points. But u can’t count on him on defense.

Yes. Jarrett Allen is the key but he’s simply too small. 6 foot 9 plus the afro hair and 30 pounds under weight.

Dude, Jarrett Allen is 6'11, 240 and he probably weighs more now after offseason weight training.

I see Sixers fans have this ongoing problem where they make strange comments about the Nets roster without having the slightest **** ing clue as to what they're talking about.

I take it as they're trying to talk some sense into you knuckleheads.

Kamaze, thanks for finally outing yourself as a troll, you fake ass Nets fan.

I don't know about the rest of you but this fool is going on block for me. Nets are already getting hate from all angles and this clown is running around siding with Sixers fans clearly trolling us on the GB. Piss off bro, the only knucklehead has been you who sat here and spewed hate about Nets players for god knows how long. Eat one.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#919 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I'll just leave this here, because we've got a troll on this forum who needs to get exposed:

kamaze wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Dude, Jarrett Allen is 6'11, 240 and he probably weighs more now after offseason weight training.

I see Sixers fans have this ongoing problem where they make strange comments about the Nets roster without having the slightest **** ing clue as to what they're talking about.

I don't know about the rest of you but this fool is going on block for me. Nets are already getting hate from all angles and this clown is running around siding with Sixers fans clearly trolling us on the GB. Piss off bro, the only knucklehead has been you who sat here and spewed hate about Nets players for god knows how long. Eat one.

you are just realizing this now? lol

he is a lin fan he hated russell cause he took lins job and he hayes the post-lin nets
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#920 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I'll just leave this here, because we've got a troll on this forum who needs to get exposed:

kamaze wrote:

you are just realizing this now? lol

he is a lin fan he hated russell cause he took lins job and he hayes the post-lin nets

I gave him the benefit of a doubt but now I see that you're right, he really is a Lin troll. Dude called us **** ing knuckleheads for defending our team. Definitely a troll.

Return to Brooklyn Nets