ImageImageImageImageImage

Trajon Langdon hired as Pelicans GM

Moderators: NyCeEvO, jerseyjac, Rich Rane

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 907

Re: Trajon Langdon hired as Pelicans GM 

Post#21 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Good for Trajan. I thought he was going to end up in Minnesota originally. Way better for him in New Orleans.

If I were him, I'd get off the Davis drama this summer. I know some people want to see him and Zion, but clean up and pull in the best deal you can, getting a guaranteed star, a prospect or 2, and then 1-2 first rounders. Talk about a great change to mold the team in your vision... Having Zion and then a king's ransom for Davis is a great way to start.

And then, I'd honestly look at trading Jrue to a team like Indy or Utah who is starving for a quality point guard.

Langdon really has a chance here to strike gold with this team in the next few years.
nycefnl wrote: Summer league is proving how little they have in Jarrett Allen too....he's a wasted pick.

July 2018
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 9,914

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Wed May 22, 2019 5:31 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Good for Trajan. I thought he was going to end up in Minnesota originally. Way better for him in New Orleans.

If I were him, I'd get off the Davis drama this summer. I know some people want to see him and Zion, but clean up and pull in the best deal you can, getting a guaranteed star, a prospect or 2, and then 1-2 first rounders. Talk about a great change to mold the team in your vision... Having Zion and then a king's ransom for Davis is a great way to start.

And then, I'd honestly look at trading Jrue to a team like Indy or Utah who is starving for a quality point guard.

Langdon really has a chance here to strike gold with this team in the next few years.

if im trajan im looking to flip the script... trade zion with jrue and hill for a star, then sign KD and bring back AD

Harden/KD/AD?

Westbrook/KD/AD?
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.

Timestamp: July 21, 2017
MGrand15
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,186

Post#23 » by MGrand15 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:03 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Good for Trajan. I thought he was going to end up in Minnesota originally. Way better for him in New Orleans.

I'm not sure I'd trade Holiday but I agree with everything else. I think it'd be a crime to have Zion's first year completely clouded by the AD nonsense. Get him a stable environment. Surround him with young guys excited to play. Get solid vets that can mentor him. Don't rush to get a playoff spot.

Realistically, theres a 98% chance AD leaves after this year. Trade deadline offers are going to be a lot worse than off-season offers. Teams are going to prefer the Kawhi route vs. acquiring someone in February and hoping to immediately sell him on your organization.

Return to Brooklyn Nets