ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Re: WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd 

Post#41 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:47 pm

This was a fantastic trade for the Nets.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Re: WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd 

Post#42 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:50 pm

Paradise wrote:The 2020 1st is protected.

Read on Twitter
I thought you couldn't trade first round picks two consecutive years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#43 » by Rich Rane » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:51 pm

basketballRob wrote:

Read on Twitter

You can as long as you have someone else's. We have Denver's this year.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#44 » by JoseRizal » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:52 pm

Packers+NetsWIN wrote:
Spoiler:
Karate Diop wrote:

Read on Twitter

I wonder what the protections are beyond that... I guess we'll have to wait and see...

"If the Nets' 2020 first-round pick falls in the protected range (picks No. 1 through 14) in 2020, Atlanta will get the Nets' lottery-protected first-round pick in 2021, sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe. The same will also happen in 2022 if the pick is still lottery protected in 2021, though after that, it will convert to two second-round picks."

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26914126/nets-trade-crabbe-hawks-prince%3fplatform=amp

I love this move even more now. If the nets take advantage of the cap space the way they are hoping to, no way the nets are in the lottery either of the next 2 years. Marks continues to amaze

It’s a very basic move that a seasoned GM like Billy King failed to do the last time. Oh Billy!
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

WOJ BOMB: Nets trade Crabbe, #17, ‘20 1st to Hawks for Taurean Prince, 2021 2nd  

Post#45 » by Paradise » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:53 pm

basketballRob wrote:

Read on Twitter

We have the 27th pick to utilize in this draft.
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#46 » by halfHAVOC » Thu Jun 6, 2019 10:54 pm

Things are about to get spicy. KEVIN DURANT WILL BE A NET!!
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#47 » by DeRoma » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:00 pm

Alright so at this moment we have 68.4 million of free capspace. Kyrie/KD together will be 70.85 if we get rid of musa we will still be below the requirement but it might be enough to convince KD to come here with a slight paycut.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#48 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:01 pm

Born_Ready wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:From what little I’ve seen on Twitter, I think pundits are sleeping on Prince. He’s a sneaky good system fit.

I like the acquisition a lot. Watched Prince at Baylor and saw a little bit of him this year while watching Trae Young. I think this is a sneaky, underrated move and worth the 17th pick.

I believe he can potentially be a reliable
3 & D for this team, too. Mark's is already at it and I'm loving every minute of it.

Prince defended KD really well one on one at Oracle this year.

I think the reason Atlanta is getting rid of him is that he's going to be an RFA next summer (2020) and they have Bembry and Huerter.

Prince is also 25 so he's not on the same timeline with Young or Collins or Huerter.

Plus I don't think they wanted to pay him an 8-figure a year salary next year.

It'll be interesting to see what the Nets do. If they do sign two max free agents, would they retain Prince?

Presumably Russell is gone and they probably won't retain Levert next summer either if they sign two max guys who are going to get most of the touches.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#49 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:11 pm

wco81 wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:From what little I’ve seen on Twitter, I think pundits are sleeping on Prince. He’s a sneaky good system fit.

I like the acquisition a lot. Watched Prince at Baylor and saw a little bit of him this year while watching Trae Young. I think this is a sneaky, underrated move and worth the 17th pick.

3 & D for this team, too. Mark's is already at it and I'm loving every minute of it.

I think the reason Atlanta is getting rid of him is that he's going to be an RFA next summer (2020) and they have Bembry and Huerter.

Prince is also 25 so he's not on the same timeline with Young or Collins or Huerter.

It'll be interesting to see what the Nets do. If they do sign two max free agents, would they retain Prince?

Presumably Russell is gone and they probably won't retain Levert next summer either if they sign two max guys who are going to get most of the touches.

LeVert is going nowhere.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#50 » by Born_Ready » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:16 pm

Sean Mark's keeping the off season amplified. He makes it look so simplistic and effortless. I know the majority (probably would rather have kept the picks), not me, because they added an underrated player that will grow and develop.

Furthermore, this move will move Carroll or Hollis Jeferson off to a greener future elsewhere- in my opinion.

Brooklyn, rid themselves of Crabbe's ridiculous contract, got better and deeper in one quick swift. Props to the Mastermind Marksman for continuing his reign in Brooklyn.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#51 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:20 pm

halfHAVOC wrote:Things are about to get spicy. KEVIN DURANT WILL BE A NET!!

I'm all for you guys getting Durant and Irving. I'm hoping the NBA is moving into a parity era where more teams have a balanced level of talent instead of one or two teams hoarding it all as it has been since KD went to GS.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#52 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:24 pm

When I saw this news, I had a huge grin on my face. Not only did we manage to dump Crabbe early (before draft/FA), we got a direct, better, and a much cheaper replacement for him in Prince. Prince is a sneaky good pickup for us. He's 6'8", he can shoot 3s well, and capable of playing good defense. And the biggest thing to me is that its a huge sign for us about something big happening this way. I feel like Marks wouldn't do this move, if we didn't have some very good indicators from (one or more) big FAs about coming here. I feel very confident now about Nets signing at least one big FA this summer.

Of course giving up two first round picks (especially the 17th pick) isn't cheap, but its a bad draft and getting rid of Crabbe's contract means a lot more. Really interesting offseason coming up for us.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#53 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:24 pm

So who do we think is the target? The more I think about it, today's move today is all about KD. They didn't need this deal to afford Irving, even with DLo's hold. If he was the true target I don't think they needed to do this deal.

The second piece of that is I still think it's unlikely Marks will leave DLo by the side of the road for nothing in favor of paying more to 4 years older Irving. DLo is the poster boy for everything they wanted to build here in terms of development and culture. Maybe Irving and KD are teaming up and it's a combo deal, but if so that would be disappointing. It would feel very much like the last mercenary iteration we tried with Irving instead of DWill and the obviously much better KD instead of Pierce/JJ.

Marks did this deal because he wanted $46m free and clear, no strings attached. There's only 1 guy in FA who needs that much money for a max and it's KD.

DLo / Din / Musa
Levert / Harris
Green / Graham
KD / Kurocs
Allen / draft

Plus some extra change to add another big in FA. If they trade Dinwiddie for a top 10 pick that's even more money to add a solid rotation big (plus a potential high draft pick).
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#54 » by Born_Ready » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
wco81 wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:

LeVert is going nowhere.

Man, I don't even want to think about that conundrum. LeVert has to be apart of the franchise's future.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#55 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:39 pm

How funny would it be that after all the ridicule for the Nets over the Boston trade for KG and PP that at the culmination of that deal in the end, the Nets end up with a much better roster and end up stealing away the Celtics best player that Boston acquired from one of the Nets assets from that trade.

If that's not some chicken vs egg ish, I don't know what is.
wco81
RealGM

Post#56 » by wco81 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:40 pm

Born_Ready wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
wco81 wrote:

LeVert is going nowhere.

Man, I don't even want to think about that conundrum. LeVert has to be apart of the franchise's future.

If you sign two max free agents, how much would you pay Levert?

Probably more than Dinwiddie but how much more?

If you give him $15 million a year, then it would be $85-90 million for 3 players and $96-101 million for 4 players with the 4th guy being Dinwiddie in the 2020-21 season.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#57 » by Netaman » Thu Jun 6, 2019 11:47 pm

whatever they do this offseason they are likely bumping up against the cap - so in some ways what they pay Levert next year just doesn't matter. As long as it's a good, tradable contract, like Dinwiddie/Harris, not much else matters.

Man 2 weeks from right now we have the draft. Something tells me Marks isn't done there either. I wouldn't be shocked to see him worm his way up into the top 20 or higher. Perhaps the availability of picks in the early 20's was was what compelled him to give up #17 now knowing he there's lots of room to maneuver this year?

And then after that it seems like we may as well schedule the introductory press conference - just need to know who.

Really the only thing i'm really crossing my fingers on is that DLo is still here. It would be very bittersweet to see him walk for nothing.
wco81
RealGM

Post#58 » by wco81 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:02 am

What if the two big signings are Russell and Kyrie?

How do they mesh?
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#59 » by DarkXaero » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:04 am

wco81 wrote:What if the two big signings are Russell and Kyrie?

How do they mesh?
I think both can play off the ball fine, Kyrie did it next to Lebron a lot, and D Lo has played plenty of SG in his career. But in this scenario, I don't see a future here for Dinwiddie, I think he would be the odd man out.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#60 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:27 am

DarkXaero wrote:
wco81 wrote:What if the two big signings are Russell and Kyrie?

How do they mesh?
I think both can play off the ball fine, Kyrie did it next to Lebron a lot, and D Lo has played plenty of SG in his career. But in this scenario, I don't see a future here for Dinwiddie, I think he would be the odd man out.
If Nets FO can pull off DW plus 1st for #6 with the Suns or another trade with Hawks for #10 pick that would be huge. Can use as trade asset. Or draft a good player like Rui Hachimura or Deandre Hunter.

Return to Brooklyn Nets