ImageImageImageImageImage

Official KEEP DLO THREAD

Moderators: jerseyjac, Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 28,740
And1: 9,944
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#41 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:36 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:The other option if Kyrie leaves Boston is to swap him with Russell in a double sign and trade - no BYC on your end if he’s signed into cap space, and Kyrie counts as 20 million outgoing from Boston and 32 million incoming to Brooklyn - DAR’s 25 million is just about there - you might have to take on Yabusele’s 3 million dollar expiring season, but you’d be able to keep Dinwiddie and Harris, and possibly Ed Davis and Rondae too..


We aren't trading with you.
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 30,967
And1: 8,827
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#42 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:42 am

Please tell me Begley hasn't built credibility over the years.
User avatar
bud29
Junior
Posts: 397
And1: 139
Joined: Dec 04, 2017
       

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#43 » by bud29 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:59 am

Dude brought us back from NBA hell and led us to a great season and playoff berth. He's the embodiment of the Nets' culture and strong player development system. It would be tremendously **** to dump him as soon as a slightly better player becomes available. I'm 100% aboard the keep DLo train.
NetsJets
Junior
Posts: 295
And1: 38
Joined: Oct 27, 2015
   

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#44 » by NetsJets » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:19 am

I’d rather keep D Lo and build on what we did last season.
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,165
And1: 4,791
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#45 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:22 am

bud29 wrote:Dude brought us back from NBA hell and led us to a great season and playoff berth. He's the embodiment of the Nets' culture and strong player development system. It would be tremendously **** to dump him as soon as a slightly better player becomes available. I'm 100% aboard the keep DLo train.

I understand and largely agree with the sentiment, but Kyrie is markedly better than DLo at everything on the offensive end except passing. And even then, I saw passing and vision from Kyrie last season that I didn't know he had in his game.

I also think the "embodiment of Nets' culture" has been used for every player who has improved under Markinson's watch, including Levert, Joe Harris, and Dinwiddie. I don't think DLo "bought in" more than those other guys. It's just that the impact of him "buying in" has yielded greater results than those other players. I'm not trying to say that what he has done hasn't been great; I'm just pushing back against the notion that only one player has truly embodied the ideal form of the Nets culture. If anything, it's encouraging to see that more than one player has improved dramatically while on the Nets. It seems to suggest that the the staff and organization itself is truly a key to the development of Nets players, such that everyone who joins the team should improve or at least meet expectations.
apaark
Ballboy
Posts: 8
And1: 1
Joined: Jun 08, 2019
 

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#46 » by apaark » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:40 am

Rich Rane wrote:Please tell me Begley hasn't built credibility over the years.


I think this is just a click bait opinion piece. Since when has Sean Marks ever telegraphed a major move like this? Since when has Sean Marks telegraphed any moves this far in advance?

The Crabbe trade was leaked because it was a trade that involves draft picks. That's different than claiming to know what Marks is planning to do in the future.
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,165
And1: 4,791
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#47 » by NyCeEvO » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:41 am

apaark wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Please tell me Begley hasn't built credibility over the years.


I think this is just a click bait opinion piece. Since when has Sean Marks ever telegraphed a major move like this? Since when has Sean Marks telegraphed any moves this far in advance?

The Crabbe trade was leaked because it was a trade that involves draft picks. That's different than claiming to know what Marks is planning to do in the future.

And it has already been proven to be false less than 24hrs after the story was published. :lol:
IceManBK1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,519
And1: 82
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
   

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#48 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 am

Rather keep dlo and sign Tobias Harris or Julius Randle or Both. I"m ok with signing Kyrie if Nets keep Dlo. I think they'll find a way to coexist. But both Butler And Durant are aging stars going into their 30s. And Durant can't even play next year. Will kyrie and butler lead us into the playoffs? probly. So can kyrie/dlo backcourt, if we add a legit PF. Randle/Tobias Harris/Nikola Mirotic. Add Kyrie and one of those guys; and keep Dlo at all costs.
User avatar
Lamak
Analyst
Posts: 3,494
And1: 517
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
   

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#49 » by Lamak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:21 pm

Before the KD injury I was fully on the Kyrie+KD train. In the aftermath I'm liking the impact of signing a superstar like Kyrie, but to lose a player you developed like Dlo for nothing seems like it could haunt the franchise. Don't understand why we can't try the Kyrie/DLo backcourt either.
Brooklyn Nets
User avatar
LKIRNets
Starter
Posts: 2,387
And1: 598
Joined: Nov 23, 2017

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#50 » by LKIRNets » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:35 am

Mannnnnnn...They better not lose him. :lol:

Yo imagine messing up twice in the last 10 years. I will lose my sh** too :lol:
User avatar
bud29
Junior
Posts: 397
And1: 139
Joined: Dec 04, 2017
       

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#51 » by bud29 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:25 am

His true shooting % is a bit low, but for the most part DLo's numbers are right on par with some of the league's best PGs at this age. Let's not mess this up.

Kyrie Irving, age 22 season
21.7 / 3.2 / 5.2
.583 TS%
21.5 PER
3.7 VORP

Damian Lillard, age 22 season
19.0 / 3.1 / 6.5
.546 TS%
16.4 PER
1.9 VORP

James Harden, age 22 season
16.8 / 4.1 / 3.7
.660 TS%
21.1 PER
3.2 VORP

Steph Cury, age 22 season
18.6 / 3.9 / 5.8
.595 TS%
19.4 PER
2.4 VORP

Kemba Walker, age 22 season
17.7 / 3.5 / 5.7
.517 TS%
18.8 PER
2.5 VORP

D'Angelo Russell, age 22 season
21.1 / 3.9 / 7.0
.533 TS%
19.4 PER
3.3 VORP
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 32,458
And1: 9,921
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#52 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:00 pm

it would suck to lose Dlo to bring in someone like tobias or butler.... for kawhi or KD sure. those other 2 id love WITH kyrie and Dlo, but no in place of Dlo

if KD or Kawhi dont come i want Dlo here
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,943
And1: 1,572
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#53 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Prokorov wrote:it would suck to lose Dlo to bring in someone like tobias or butler.... for kawhi or KD sure. those other 2 id love WITH kyrie and Dlo, but no in place of Dlo

if KD or Kawhi dont come i want Dlo here

I think everybody here agrees with the exception of a few guys that have a man crush on Tobias Harris. It would make no sense at all to get rid of DLo after what he did for us and he's only 23. I highly doubt Marks would do that, we all know the genius he is. We have his rights , we just need to hope he waits until Kawhi and KD signs so we know where we stand.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 32,458
And1: 9,921
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#54 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:it would suck to lose Dlo to bring in someone like tobias or butler.... for kawhi or KD sure. those other 2 id love WITH kyrie and Dlo, but no in place of Dlo

if KD or Kawhi dont come i want Dlo here

I think everybody here agrees with the exception of a few guys that have a man crush on Tobias Harris. It would make no sense at all to get rid of DLo after what he did for us and he's only 23. I highly doubt Marks would do that, we all know the genius he is. We have his rights , we just need to hope he waits until Kawhi and KD signs so we know where we stand.


i love marks, he overall has done a great job but he has also made some real head scratching moves. crabbe twice and porter
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
JKiddy
Senior
Posts: 701
And1: 80
Joined: Jul 28, 2002

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#55 » by JKiddy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:51 pm

What if the ace up our sleeve is Kawhi? No one is speaking about that. We usually make a move that is suprising as Marks and crew are very tight lipped.

I am praying we keep DLO and bring Kawhi. If we grab Kyrie and somehow get Kawhi as well that is outstanding. I am hoping we can figure out a way to keep DLO for at least another year or two to see how he would mesh with our roster the next two seasons.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 28,740
And1: 9,944
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#56 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:43 am

JKiddy wrote:What if the ace up our sleeve is Kawhi? No one is speaking about that. We usually make a move that is suprising as Marks and crew are very tight lipped.

I am praying we keep DLO and bring Kawhi. If we grab Kyrie and somehow get Kawhi as well that is outstanding. I am hoping we can figure out a way to keep DLO for at least another year or two to see how he would mesh with our roster the next two seasons.



Leonard is not coming to the Nets.
"Mother____er, get me two fingers of Southern Comfort"
User avatar
bud29
Junior
Posts: 397
And1: 139
Joined: Dec 04, 2017
       

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#57 » by bud29 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:57 am

JKiddy wrote:What if the ace up our sleeve is Kawhi? No one is speaking about that. We usually make a move that is suprising as Marks and crew are very tight lipped.

I am praying we keep DLO and bring Kawhi. If we grab Kyrie and somehow get Kawhi as well that is outstanding. I am hoping we can figure out a way to keep DLO for at least another year or two to see how he would mesh with our roster the next two seasons.

I'm sure Marks will touch base with Leonard's camp and would happily offer him a deal, but so will every team with a max slot - I'd say there's a 90% chance he either stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers and a 10% chance he goes rogue and signs with a dark horse team. Among the dark horse candidates I'd say we're near the top of the list, but it just doesn't seem likely that he goes that route.
User avatar
Claud
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,424
And1: 441
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Austin, TX
   

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#58 » by Claud » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Suns will definitely throw a huge contract at Dlo to play with his buddy Booker in PHX.

Seems like we might actually lose Dlo. Bummer.
User avatar
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 20,165
And1: 4,791
Joined: Jul 14, 2010

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#59 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:it would suck to lose Dlo to bring in someone like tobias or butler.... for kawhi or KD sure. those other 2 id love WITH kyrie and Dlo, but no in place of Dlo

if KD or Kawhi dont come i want Dlo here

I think everybody here agrees with the exception of a few guys that have a man crush on Tobias Harris. It would make no sense at all to get rid of DLo after what he did for us and he's only 23. I highly doubt Marks would do that, we all know the genius he is. We have his rights , we just need to hope he waits until Kawhi and KD signs so we know where we stand.


i love marks, he overall has done a great job but he has also made some real head scratching moves. crabbe twice and porter

Yup. Don’t forget Tyler Johnson and Montiejiunas as well. Neither were as bad as those you mentioned but they wouldn’t have been good moves in the end.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 32,458
And1: 9,921
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Official KEEP DLO THREAD 

Post#60 » by Prokorov » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:07 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I think everybody here agrees with the exception of a few guys that have a man crush on Tobias Harris. It would make no sense at all to get rid of DLo after what he did for us and he's only 23. I highly doubt Marks would do that, we all know the genius he is. We have his rights , we just need to hope he waits until Kawhi and KD signs so we know where we stand.


i love marks, he overall has done a great job but he has also made some real head scratching moves. crabbe twice and porter

Yup. Don’t forget Tyler Johnson and Montiejiunas as well. Neither were as bad as those you mentioned but they wouldn’t have been good moves in the end.


you could throw in bazemore too... nto an RFA but marks offered him 4/76 reportedly but he turned us down for ATL
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017

Return to Brooklyn Nets