ImageImageImageImageImage

Not a Net fan but I hope you guys keep Russell over Irving

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

cellphonecamera
Junior
And1: 427

Not a Net fan but I hope you guys keep Russell over Irving 

Post#1 » by cellphonecamera » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Outsider here, and I honesly think that Russell is better to sign than Kyrie Irving. I always myself found Irving overrated. Russell is young and improving and the team could be better next year with Russell than Irving. Sorry if you guys disagree. Irving is talented but I don't know how to explain it but something is off about him.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Re: Not a Net fan but I hope you guys keep Russell over Irving 

Post#2 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:33 am

cellphonecamera wrote:Outsider here, and I honesly think that Russell is better to sign than Kyrie Irving. I always myself found Irving overrated. Russell is young and improving and the team could be better next year with Russell than Irving. Sorry if you guys disagree. Irving is talented but I don't know how to explain it but something is off about him.

I don't necessarily disagree with you.

I have said on here before that I do believe honestly and without malice that Kyrie Irving may have underlying mental health issues. However, I am not expert or doctor so what I've said is 100% conjecture just based on what I know and have seen regarding the reports of how moody he can become and distant towards coworkers, and then there's his belief in conspiracy theory and what not. I think Kyrie is dealing with some form of depression tbh.

I have no control over this situation and if I had my say, D'Angelo Russell would remain a Net but I understand that if an elite talent wants to play for your team, you cannot turn away especially if another elite talent is coming with him. However, my hopes are that Irving actually choosing to be here calms him down some, the culture around him makes him feel wanted and accepted and if need be, the mental health experts that work with the Nets can help him if he needs it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#3 » by Prokorov » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:41 am

If I could only choose 1 it would be Russell

But....

1000000% we are a better team with just Kyrie. everything russell does kyrie does only he does it better:
-mid range jumper
-baseline jumper
-off dribble three
-catch and shoot three
-penetration left
-penetration right
-finsih at the rim
-get the ft line
-finish with contact

Kyrie is a more efficient Russell... mostly because kyrie is an elite finisher and russell is an avg finisher. and kyrie can go left and right and russell kind of only goes left. for all the "kyrie can win on his own" he has done more on his own then russell. both in small samples. with help, kyrie won a title and he wasnt just a sidekick he dropped an efficient 28 a game vs a 73 win team carried his team in an elimination game 5 on the road and hit the game winning shot of the series

but id rather have a team with russell win less then a team with kyrie win more because for me as a fan its not just about winning
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#4 » by donkeylips » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:37 pm

I want the nets to sign Irving and resign Russell
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#5 » by shakendfries » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:19 pm

I'm just gonna stfu and not jinx this whole situation unfolding. I will say if the trend of the Nets getting Boston's sloppy seconds didn't work out last time, so I'm cautiously waiting to see what happens. LA is desperately trying to clear a second max slot for a reason.
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18

Return to Brooklyn Nets