Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#181 » by Joest2003 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 1:25 pm

Rich Rane wrote:

Can you stop dragging me back in here everytime Kyrie has a good game? I called someone out for saying Kemba is a overpaid TJ Ford and Kyrie is the ex the celtics cant forget about. That statement is still as bad today as it was before Kyries good game last night.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#182 » by Rich Rane » Tue Nov 5, 2019 2:14 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Can you stop dragging me back in here everytime Kyrie has a good game? I called someone out for saying Kemba is a overpaid TJ Ford and Kyrie is the ex the celtics cant forget about. That statement is still as bad today as it was before Kyries good game last night.

Before this exact post, no one quoted you to come back to this thread since you were last here on the 31st.
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#183 » by Joest2003 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:15 pm

I literally have a reply notification from you which brought me back here but ok bro. Enjoy your day...
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#184 » by therealbig3 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:27 pm

I mean, Kyrie IS the ex that the Celtics can't forget. The bitterness and insecurity from their fanbase to this day is kind of hilarious. They can't let it go. That's why you have so many Celtics fans extremely interested in the Nets season.

As far as the comments with regards to Kemba...yeah, it's disrespectful to Kemba to call him an overpaid TJ Ford...Kemba is a legit All-Star guard, one of the best guards in the NBA. I actually said he was pretty close to Kyrie as a player and that he's really not much of a step down. Which I still stand by.

But the comment that most people would take Kemba over Kyrie is false as well. As good as Kemba is...Kyrie is just better. Again, not by a lot, but it's clear to me.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#185 » by Paradise » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:30 pm

Welp, Nike put up this billboard across from MSG.

Read on Twitter
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,067

Post#186 » by therealbig3 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 3:43 pm

So we have the 7th best offense in the league so far, despite the fact that I think literally everyone on the team except for Kyrie Irving is shooting below their career average from the FT line this year.

Seriously:
Kyrie Irving: 93% (career 88%)
Joe Harris: 60% (career 79%)
Caris Levert: 64% (career 70%)
Taurean Prince: 69% (career 82%)
Jarrett Allen: 50% (career 72%)
Spencer Dinwiddie: 78% (career 80%)
Deandre Jordan: 47% (career 47%)
Garrett Temple: 78% (career 73%)

And then that's it for our consistent rotation players. So Kyrie and Temple are over their career averages right now (and Temple barely counts, since he doesn't take a lot of FTs anyway), and Deandre is right at his career percentage...which is actually a big regression for him, because he had significantly improved the last couple of seasons entering this year.

As a team, we are shooting 70.4% from the FT line, which ranks us 27th in the league. We do rank 10th in terms of FTA/100 possessions, so if we ever work our way back to our averages, that should honestly be a solid boost to our offense. Sure, Kyrie might regress a bit (and he's also taking a lot more FTs than he has throughout his career, so that might regress back to the mean as well), but if everyone else shoots the way they normally do, that should more than make up for it.

Regarding TOs, we have the 5th highest TOV% in the league.

We're basically giving away free points with all of our TOs and missed FTs...and yet we are the 7th best offense in the league.

I don't know how else to demonstrate the enormous offensive impact that Kyrie Irving has had for this team. IMO, he's played like an MVP, and if we converted on some of our FTs or didn't play lazy against teams like Detroit and Indiana, he WOULD be one of the front runners for the award right now, instead of the GB scapegoat. If we were sitting at 5-2 instead of 3-4 for example, I don't know how anyone could ignore Kyrie's candidacy for MVP. He's been arguably the best offensive player in the NBA so far.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,585

Post#187 » by Rich Rane » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:17 pm

Joest2003 wrote:I literally have a reply notification from you which brought me back here but ok bro. Enjoy your day...

:dontknow: Read through the thread. The only notifications you should've gotten today are mine responding to your complaining and this one. Now let this be the last of it. You're once again derailing my thread.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,857

Post#188 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:25 pm

Paradise wrote:Welp, Nike put up this billboard across from MSG.

Read on Twitter

Trolling hard af :lol: !!!!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#189 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 5, 2019 6:28 pm

therealbig3 wrote:So we have the 7th best offense in the league so far, despite the fact that I think literally everyone on the team except for Kyrie Irving is shooting below their career average from the FT line this year.

Seriously:
Kyrie Irving: 93% (career 88%)
Joe Harris: 60% (career 79%)
Caris Levert: 64% (career 70%)
Taurean Prince: 69% (career 82%)
Jarrett Allen: 50% (career 72%)
Spencer Dinwiddie: 78% (career 80%)
Deandre Jordan: 47% (career 47%)
Garrett Temple: 78% (career 73%)

And then that's it for our consistent rotation players. So Kyrie and Temple are over their career averages right now (and Temple barely counts, since he doesn't take a lot of FTs anyway), and Deandre is right at his career percentage...which is actually a big regression for him, because he had significantly improved the last couple of seasons entering this year.

As a team, we are shooting 70.4% from the FT line, which ranks us 27th in the league. We do rank 10th in terms of FTA/100 possessions, so if we ever work our way back to our averages, that should honestly be a solid boost to our offense. Sure, Kyrie might regress a bit (and he's also taking a lot more FTs than he has throughout his career, so that might regress back to the mean as well), but if everyone else shoots the way they normally do, that should more than make up for it.

Regarding TOs, we have the 5th highest TOV% in the league.

We're basically giving away free points with all of our TOs and missed FTs...and yet we are the 7th best offense in the league.

I don't know how else to demonstrate the enormous offensive impact that Kyrie Irving has had for this team. IMO, he's played like an MVP, and if we converted on some of our FTs or didn't play lazy against teams like Detroit and Indiana, he WOULD be one of the front runners for the award right now, instead of the GB scapegoat. If we were sitting at 5-2 instead of 3-4 for example, I don't know how anyone could ignore Kyrie's candidacy for MVP. He's been arguably the best offensive player in the NBA so far.

It's early and in midseason we won't be blowing leads like we did early on.

Once we clean up the TOs and FTs we will be an elite offense.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#190 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 5, 2019 10:11 pm

part of our defensive issues are the turnovers... cutting those will go a long way

Kyrie has played as well as any net ever through 7 games... that includes VC, Kidd, Super John, DC, Buck... he has been unbelievably good. we need to be better when he sits
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#191 » by MGrand15 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 12:55 am

Kyrie is playing way beyond what I could even dream of expecting. It doesn't even feel like he's been on fire or forcing anything. Doesn't make sense how good he is. Finishing in traffic, floaters, deep 3s, isolations, pinpoint passes. All of it is effortless. Dinwiddie and LeVert need to start playing better so we can get his minutes down.

Really impressed by how he battles on defense. For a small guy, he's really physical and really gets in there when he senses that he can grab a rebound in traffic or get a steal.

I've loved our culture and positivity throughout the years but it's nice to see someone play with his type of competitive fire. He's yelled at guys a couple of times. I'm positive that our guys will thrive with someone pushing them like that. It can't just come from Kenny.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#192 » by Paradise » Wed Nov 6, 2019 1:05 am

Kyrie unveils the Kyrie 6’s and I’ll definitely get a pair of the color aways.

Read on Twitter
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#193 » by gigantes » Wed Nov 6, 2019 1:18 am

MGrand15 wrote:Kyrie is playing way beyond what I could even dream of expecting. It doesn't even feel like he's been on fire or forcing anything. Doesn't make sense how good he is. Finishing in traffic, floaters, deep 3s, isolations, pinpoint passes. All of it is effortless. Dinwiddie and LeVert need to start playing better so we can get his minutes down.

Really impressed by how he battles on defense. For a small guy, he's really physical and really gets in there when he senses that he can grab a rebound in traffic or get a steal.

I've loved our culture and positivity throughout the years but it's nice to see someone play with his type of competitive fire. He's yelled at guys a couple of times. I'm positive that our guys will thrive with someone pushing them like that. It can't just come from Kenny.

Seriously, yo. I can't even COMPREHEND how different Kyrie is compared to how I imagined he would be.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a more smooth operator as a PG, and that's going back decades...
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#194 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:02 am

MGrand15 wrote:Kyrie is playing way beyond what I could even dream of expecting. It doesn't even feel like he's been on fire or forcing anything. Doesn't make sense how good he is. Finishing in traffic, floaters, deep 3s, isolations, pinpoint passes. All of it is effortless. Dinwiddie and LeVert need to start playing better so we can get his minutes down.

Irving leads by example, the dude is out there hustling on loose balls, gang rebounding, and fighting around screens. When he does this, on top of putting up the production he has on the offensive end, when he yells at guys they can't take it personally they have to do their jobs because he has been doing his every game so far.

Kyrie barked at Joe the other night for messing up and inbounds pass. I have no issue with it. We're positioning ourselves for a championship run, guys have to be on point and execute. Do better. Joe was out there last night dropping bombs, when he missed one three that was wide open he went to Irving and said he won't miss that again. Dude comes down and nails a clutch three.

I think he's been showing real leadership here tbh because at the same time he's also pushing and encouraging guys so it's not just him going mamba mentality on the team. I think it's a welcome change tbh. KD is going to be pushing everyone the same when he comes back as well. we need this push especially for guys like Jarrett Allen.

Also, I'm pretty sure Kenny doesn't mind it either.

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#195 » by kamaze » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:56 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Irving leads by example, the dude is out there hustling on loose balls, gang rebounding, and fighting around screens. When he does this, on top of putting up the production he has on the offensive end, when he yells at guys they can't take it personally they have to do their jobs because he has been doing his every game so far.

Kyrie barked at Joe the other night for messing up and inbounds pass. I have no issue with it. We're positioning ourselves for a championship run, guys have to be on point and execute. Do better. Joe was out there last night dropping bombs, when he missed one three that was wide open he went to Irving and said he won't miss that again. Dude comes down and nails a clutch three.

I think he's been showing real leadership here tbh because at the same time he's also pushing and encouraging guys so it's not just him going mamba mentality on the team. I think it's a welcome change tbh. KD is going to be pushing everyone the same when he comes back as well. we need this push especially for guys like Jarrett Allen.

Also, I'm pretty sure Kenny doesn't mind it either.

The Brooklyn Nets have good character guys like Levert and Joe who are both humble and hard working. There's not a issue of clashing egos on the team like in Boston. Add in the light heartedness Pinson brings to the team and the group has good chemistry between stars and role players.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#196 » by Lamak » Wed Nov 6, 2019 3:55 pm

Kyrie is playing like the best PG in the league currently and when he gels with the team even more look out
Brooklyn Nets
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#197 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 8:05 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I knew that Saltic reporter will take shot at Kyrie, wonder why Simmons is so quiet. Thank you Sarah for the truth ❤️.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#198 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 7, 2019 3:57 pm

I'm glad Sarah squashed that b.s.

Take a look at the games and on the sidelines. Kyrie is engaged with his teammates and is always vocal. We actually needed a great veteran player to be that guy and he is stepping up.

SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#199 » by SpeedyG » Thu Nov 7, 2019 4:52 pm

It goes both ways too. Can't recall which game it was, but Kyrie had a bad play (turnover? missed shot? defense? don't recall) but immediately after Joe comes up to him and pats him on the back.

I think Joe is really a critical aspect of this team, not only because of what he brings offensively but because of his temperament.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#200 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 8, 2019 3:58 am

SpeedyG wrote:It goes both ways too. Can't recall which game it was, but Kyrie had a bad play (turnover? missed shot? defense? don't recall) but immediately after Joe comes up to him and pats him on the back.

I think Joe is really a critical aspect of this team, not only because of what he brings offensively but because of his temperament.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app

Yeah Joe is great. I also think he's going to continue to play at a high level as a shooter.

The benefit of how this era of Nets basketball started off is the fact that pretty much everyone who is here that has been homegrown puts ego aside and are team first.

I like the balance. We've got hard workers here and star players like Irving and Durant are naturally hard workers.

Return to Brooklyn Nets