ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jumblin
Rookie
And1: 1,088

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#201 » by jumblin » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 am

No one questions Kyrie's talent. And I don't even care about the "leadership" thing. His real issue is the 3:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Thats when he decides its time to put the team on his back and show 'em how a true champ wins an NBA game.

Problem is he is overly consumed with getting 'clutch buckets' and it leads to bad decision making. He'll try to out dribble 3 defenders rather than pass to an open teammate. He'll slash to the rim and force up a floater right into the rim protector who swats it. He'll take highly contested step back 3s against defenders 6 inches taller than him. And yeah, he's talented enough to actually hit some of those shots. But ultimately they are bad plays and he misses more than he makes when he does it.

I've seen too many games with him where "Kyrie Time" turns a 5pt lead into a 5pt deficit. Or a comeback that had cut a lead down to 3pts suddenly balloons back above 10pts and sucks all the momentum out of the building.

He doesn't get a lot of bad press for this because its not the last couple possessions of the game that he does it when everyone is paying close attention. Its the 3-5 minute mark that he does it, but its impact is just as powerful.

Just pay attention next time you watch a close 4th quarter game, particularly against a good team in Brooklyn.
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#202 » by 5InOfLouisville » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:42 pm

therealbig3 wrote:I mean, Kyrie IS the ex that the Celtics can't forget. The bitterness and insecurity from their fanbase to this day is kind of hilarious. They can't let it go. That's why you have so many Celtics fans extremely interested in the Nets season.

As far as the comments with regards to Kemba...yeah, it's disrespectful to Kemba to call him an overpaid TJ Ford...Kemba is a legit All-Star guard, one of the best guards in the NBA. I actually said he was pretty close to Kyrie as a player and that he's really not much of a step down. Which I still stand by.

But the comment that most people would take Kemba over Kyrie is false as well. As good as Kemba is...Kyrie is just better. Again, not by a lot, but it's clear to me.

Im a celtics fan, and i agree that some of us blame kyrie too much for our lack of success last year. i wish him no ill will, personally, although i still want us to be better than you guys (obviously).

However, right now at least, everyone is very happy that kyrie is gone and kemba is in. we've won 8 in a row and are in that honeymoon phase.

i agree that kyrie is better than kemba in a vacuum. but for whatever reason, we have been much better with kemba than kyrie.

However, i had to jump in on your nba-player as a girlfriend analogy. right now, we don't miss kyrie. a lot of people don't like him because of the messy break-up, and i agree that it is time for them to move on.

but you got the girl that broke up with us, and you should be happy. The fact that you need to know keep telling yourself that we are jealous shows your insecurity. Enjoy your relationship. Get to know Kyrie. See how it works out. don't worry about his ex.

For the record, i think the nets made a wise move, mostly because of the package deal with KD. i make the same move 10 times out of 10, and think that once KD gets back, you guys could be really good. But i don't love the ceiling of any team with kyrie as its best player.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,916

Post#203 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:42 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:I mean, Kyrie IS the ex that the Celtics can't forget. The bitterness and insecurity from their fanbase to this day is kind of hilarious. They can't let it go. That's why you have so many Celtics fans extremely interested in the Nets season.

As far as the comments with regards to Kemba...yeah, it's disrespectful to Kemba to call him an overpaid TJ Ford...Kemba is a legit All-Star guard, one of the best guards in the NBA. I actually said he was pretty close to Kyrie as a player and that he's really not much of a step down. Which I still stand by.

But the comment that most people would take Kemba over Kyrie is false as well. As good as Kemba is...Kyrie is just better. Again, not by a lot, but it's clear to me.

Im a celtics fan, and i agree that some of us blame kyrie too much for our lack of success last year. i wish him no ill will, personally, although i still want us to be better than you guys (obviously).

However, right now at least, everyone is very happy that kyrie is gone and kemba is in. we've won 8 in a row and are in that honeymoon phase.

i agree that kyrie is better than kemba in a vacuum. but for whatever reason, we have been much better with kemba than kyrie.

However, i had to jump in on your nba-player as a girlfriend analogy. right now, we don't miss kyrie. a lot of people don't like him because of the messy break-up, and i agree that it is time for them to move on.

but you got the girl that broke up with us, and you should be happy. The fact that you need to know keep telling yourself that we are jealous shows your insecurity. Enjoy your relationship. Get to know Kyrie. See how it works out. don't worry about his ex.

For the record, i think the nets made a wise move, mostly because of the package deal with KD. i make the same move 10 times out of 10, and think that once KD gets back, you guys could be really good. But i don't love the ceiling of any team with kyrie as its best player.

Piss off dude. Kyrie has been nothing short of great for us thus far despite the slow start. Instead of letting him live rent free in your head focus on your team.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#204 » by 5InOfLouisville » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

Piss off dude. Kyrie has been nothing short of great for us thus far despite the slow start. Instead of letting him live rent free in your head focus on your team.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I thought i gave a fair and un-biased opinion. i think he's played well, too. i thought he mostly played well for us too. i didnt even mention that you were 4-6.

i was just genuinely curious to how he was being perceived by nets fans, and i was disputing the fact that celtics fans miss him

what did you find offensive?

or do you just need hugs?

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,834

Post#205 » by Rich Rane » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Piss off dude. Kyrie has been nothing short of great for us thus far despite the slow start. Instead of letting him live rent free in your head focus on your team.

Dude, calm down. You gotta read beyond that first sentence.
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#206 » by Joest2003 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

Who hurt you?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#207 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Piss off dude. Kyrie has been nothing short of great for us thus far despite the slow start. Instead of letting him live rent free in your head focus on your team.

Dude, calm down. You gotta read beyond that first sentence.

:lol: guilty. I saw "I'm a celtics fan..." and immediately went for his throat.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#208 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

Who hurt you?

Your annoying ass avatar, for starters.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#209 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

I thought i gave a fair and un-biased opinion. i think he's played well, too. i thought he mostly played well for us too. i didnt even mention that you were 4-6.

i was just genuinely curious to how he was being perceived by nets fans, and i was disputing the fact that celtics fans miss him

I saw your team's logo and your first sentence and didn't bother reading the rest because I thought you were trolling :lol:. My bad for telling you to piss off.

Joest2003
Analyst

Post#210 » by Joest2003 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Who hurt you?

Coming from a guy with stephen A Smith hairline for his avatar :lol:

Dont hate on Tamatoa
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#211 » by DarkXaero » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:20 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:

Thanks for a fair and reasonable post that we often don't get from rival fans around here. Right now we're in the phase of figuring out our chemistry and hierarchy on the court, but hopefully we get there. This team does have serious concerns that need to be addressed but it can be figured out over time.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#212 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:28 pm

Joest2003 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
Who hurt you?

Dont hate on Tamatoa

It's ugly and it's triggering me

The Stephen A avatar is a compromise since I can't use images of Kevin Durant in a Knicks jersey to troll Knick fans :lol:

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#213 » by kamaze » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm

You'd rather have Durant in another team's Jersey than yours. I don't understand this but it's not my avatar.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Joest2003
Analyst

Post#214 » by Joest2003 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Dont hate on Tamatoa

The Stephen A avatar is a compromise since I can't use images of Kevin Durant in a Knicks jersey to troll Knick fans :lol:

That would be pretty brutal lol. Poor Knick fans.
5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#215 » by 5InOfLouisville » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I saw your team's logo and your first sentence and didn't bother reading the rest because I thought you were trolling :lol:. My bad for telling you to piss off.

No hard feelings. Ive heard worse from other celtics fan. But i be turnin the other cheek on the regular. Im the mahatma ghandi of this s#*t

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#216 » by Papi_swav » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:20 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:

So you're either blind or naive to how the Celtics fans try to bash Kyrie name every single chance ya'll get. Just go on the General Board and see for yourself, you guys even come on our board and start ish. Stop it dude, ya still not over him for whatever reason. You guys are the bitter ex. I don't understand why because ya playing really good now. Or maybe ya just like trying to sht on the Nets for whatever reason, after we gifted ya'll 3 top picks and only have Tatum to show for it.
5InOfLouisville
Senior

Post#217 » by 5InOfLouisville » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

So you're either blind or naive to how the Celtics fans try to bash Kyrie name every single chance ya'll get. Just go on the General Board and see for yourself, you guys even come on our board and start ish. Stop it dude, ya still not over him for whatever reason. You guys are the bitter ex. I don't understand why because ya playing really good now. Or maybe ya just like trying to sht on the Nets for whatever reason, after we gifted ya'll 3 top picks and only have Tatum to show for it.

Again. I wasnt trying to talk mess. I was replying to another poster’s specific girlfriend analysis, which i wasnt offended by, but simply disagreed with

Re read my post. I dont hate kyrie, but at this point, with the celtics appearing to have better chemistry than last year, and being a better basketball team than last year, i think things worked out for us

AND i think they could work out for you guys too. I think this year is a struggle, but kyrie and kd could be a hell of a combo. I think the nets made the right decision, no question

Thats all i said

Some celtics fans are obnoxious, some of them are cool. I cant speak for any of them. Probably true of all fanbases

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#218 » by Papi_swav » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:58 pm

5InOfLouisville wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
5InOfLouisville wrote:

Again. I wasnt trying to talk mess. I was replying to another poster’s specific girlfriend analysis, which i wasnt offended by, but simply disagreed with

Re read my post. I dont hate kyrie, but at this point, with the celtics appearing to have better chemistry than last year, and being a better basketball team than last year, i think things worked out for us

AND i think they could work out for you guys too. I think this year is a struggle, but kyrie and kd could be a hell of a combo. I think the nets made the right decision, no question

Thats all i said

Some celtics fans are obnoxious, some of them are cool. I cant speak for any of them. Probably true of all fanbases

Ok maybe you're ONE of the good ones but we all know how the majority of u guys are, facts are facts. His ex girlfriend analysis was on point, that is exactly how alot of your peers act. Like I said, go on the General Board, they already have a bunch of Kyrie is overrated crap on there and it's filled with Celtics fans talking about him like he's a bench player.

And us Nets fans will never forget how you guys treated us when ya owned our future so it will always be bad blood between us. Us Nets fans sure didn't make it that way though. You guys are playing well now, good for ya'll but you can't deny alot of ya'll are still salty over Kyrie . And you rarely see us Nets fans go on Celtics board sharing their opinion, but you guys been coming over here for years and we just had one come on here last week trolling us. It is what it is. I just don't see how you can be oblivious to how your peers are still acting after you guys have the best record in the NBA.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#219 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:48 am

Joest2003 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Joest2003 wrote:

Dont hate on Tamatoa

That would be pretty brutal lol. Poor Knick fans.

I did do it the same day that Durant signed with us and the General Board mods asked me to change it because it was like pouring gasoline on a dumpster fire

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#220 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:49 am

I can't see Kyrie sitting out national TV game. It would definitely stir up some fire from NBA. Also we'll have this Saltic and Nix fans trolling our boards. He needs to play unless he's hurt.

Return to Brooklyn Nets