Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#361 » by Rich Rane » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:54 pm

Shut him down. That shoulder probably needs surgery.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#362 » by GTR11 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:32 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Shut him down. That shoulder probably needs surgery.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
So he asked around I guess. Also
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Dr from PHX is not going treat him this time around.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#363 » by MGrand15 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:41 pm

SMH.

He needs to get that surgery now so he can be at 100% for training camp next year. No reason to put it off now. He took the cortisone shot, tried to rehab it, didn't work. We really don't want to be dealing with this same issue when KD is playing.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#364 » by GTR11 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:45 pm

MGrand15 wrote:SMH.

He needs to get that surgery now so he can be at 100% for training camp next year. No reason to put it off now. He took the cortisone shot, tried to rehab it, didn't work. We really don't want to be dealing with this same issue when KD is playing.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#365 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Shut him down, let them work on his shoulder and let him heal up, if it's arthroscopic surgery it will be a 2-4 month recovery.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#366 » by Stone » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:35 am

Although it would suck to lose Ky for the rest of the season. If we get him back 100 % for next season, this could be a blessing in disguise.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#367 » by Paradise » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:06 am

I’d shut him down at this point as we’ve all stated. It doesn’t make sense to push it anymore.

This season is about everyone else surrounding KD and Kyrie anyways.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#368 » by gigantes » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:18 am

Stone wrote:Although it would suck to lose Ky for the rest of the season. If we get him back 100 % for next season, this could be a blessing in disguise.

We got a nice idea of how things look with Kyrie running the show. Since this was almost certainly a "bridge" season anyway, IMO that works. Not a perfect victory, but an important victory.

IMO the other blessing in disguise is finally getting a good, long look at what things look like with Caris as a high-usage, ball-handling player. Maybe also a good shakedown of Musa in that role, too.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#369 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:16 am

Kyrie's injury woes are starting to feel like a real red flag/concern. I know everything is about next season but what guarantee do we have that he will stay healthy? It's not like he tried to get hurt/miss games this season.

Thank goodness we have Spence as a backup.

Just some food for thought. Still happy we signed Kyrie though, he's a joy to watch when healthy.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#370 » by Papi_swav » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:36 am

Yea I think we can all agree to get the surgery done as soon as possible. He can heal all thru the summer and be right by training camp where he'll join KD and the rest of the squad. I really hope this is all the Kyrie injuries we will endure during his tenure here, I hope the basketball gods got all of his injuries out the way now, and KD.

It just sucks that he wasn't able to build any type of real chemistry with the squad without KD, so we can just insert KD right in with what we could have been doing. Whatever, let's end this season on a high note. Hopefully Levert/Din will dominate this 2nd half.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#371 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Typical nets luck. nothing can ever go well too long. :banghead:

I'm not sure if its surgery or rest but i trust our staff to do the right thing and Kyrie knows his own body. Either way, it looks like he wont play much if at all this season.

I think if levert keeps playing like a decent player (dont need great) we still make the playoffs. Same fate as last year if Ky isnt there for round 1 though.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#372 » by LOUiS-D » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:27 pm

The way I view it is long term we already won. Even if KD and Ky don't play a single game together it was one of the greatest talent acquisitions in NBA history for a single offseason. Best of luck to them both in their recoveries. In the meantime I still get to enjoy watching our home grown boys in Din, Jay, Lev, Joe, Rodi and Clax.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#373 » by kamaze » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:07 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:Kyrie's injury woes are starting to feel like a real red flag/concern. I know everything is about next season but what guarantee do we have that he will stay healthy? It's not like he tried to get hurt/miss games this season.

Thank goodness we have Spence as a backup.

Just some food for thought. Still happy we signed Kyrie though, he's a joy to watch when healthy.

The smart thing to do might be to miss the playoffs so they get their first round pick. Doubt they go that route but missing the playoffs and trading the pick makes more sense than trading Dinwiddie when Kyrie misses 30 games.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
GTR11
RealGM

Post#374 » by GTR11 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
:nod:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#375 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:46 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
:nod:

And here we have an example of the media creating false narratives with irresponsible reporting. A shoulder impingement isn't a deterioration, it's when your acromion rubs against your rotator cuff causing irritation.

He tweets this out, and people will start running around saying Kyrie's shoulder is deteriorating with no basis on what that even means.

Sports media, especially surrounding the NBA is so garbage right now. No kind of ethical standards are being upheld, dudes will just get out on TV and social media and spew straight up lies. What Perk said on ESPN the other day about Kyrie's behavior in Brooklyn was 100% a lie and people hearing it ran with it as fact.

Go back to last summer and how much bull was being thrown out there about where Kyrie and KD were going. People like Chris Broussard were straight up telling lies and no one calls it out. It's hard to take anyone seriously outside of Woj and Shams.

gigantes
Starter

Post#376 » by gigantes » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:19 am

Earlier in the day, while browsing Reddit, I saw a re-Tweet or something coming from... Max Kellerman, I think it was. I still have trouble believing he actually said it, but from what I read, he was plainly, nakedly calling out Kyrie's mental health and intelligence. Not mincing words at all. It was crazy nasty.

When I tried to look it up just now, it seems like the posts got deleted. Maybe Kellerman also deleted the Tweet or whatever it was. Did anybody else see this stuff from earlier in the day?

Because this sh-t is WHACK, yo.

Again, I can't remember the last time an athlete got outright savaged like this from "professional journalists." Kyrie could still be on the Celts, and I would say the same thing. This **** is insulting just as a basic sports fan, or just someone who expects a level of common decency or professionalism.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#377 » by DarkXaero » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:11 am

gigantes wrote:Earlier in the day, while browsing Reddit, I saw a re-Tweet or something coming from... Max Kellerman, I think it was. I still have trouble believing he actually said it, but from what I read, he was plainly, nakedly calling out Kyrie's mental health and intelligence. Not mincing words at all. It was crazy nasty.

When I tried to look it up just now, it seems like the posts got deleted. Maybe Kellerman also deleted the Tweet or whatever it was. Did anybody else see this stuff from earlier in the day?

Again, I can't remember the last time an athlete got outright savaged like this from "professional journalists." Kyrie could still be on the Celts, and I would say the same thing. This **** is insulting just as a basic sports fan, or just someone who expects a level of common decency or professionalism.
Looks like the tweet and the reddit post got deleted because I can't find them. I didn't see what Max said but if he said something tasteless like you're saying, he needs to be called out and publicly apologize.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#378 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:01 am

gigantes wrote:Earlier in the day, while browsing Reddit, I saw a re-Tweet or something coming from... Max Kellerman, I think it was. I still have trouble believing he actually said it, but from what I read, he was plainly, nakedly calling out Kyrie's mental health and intelligence. Not mincing words at all. It was crazy nasty.

This is hardcore racism in open display. Stephen A tried to give Max an out here multiple times, and even called his remarks incendiary to let him know that he was crossing the line. None of what was shown here was remotely acceptable and I hope off camera, Max got checked.

See, the thing about Kyrie Irving is that I do think that he is quite eccentric. He dabbles in things that that I know about (all that hermetic stuff), but I don't believe in myself personally. I know a few people like him tbh. Just because you're eccentric doesn't mean that you're stupid. After hearing Irving talk candidly here, I definitely don't think that he's stupid at all. He is fully aware of what is going on around him. He just doesn't tow the line. I have no problem with that, and frankly, based on what I've seen from Sean Marks over the last few years, neither does he because it was made clear from day 1 that the Nets don't want "yes men" within their ranks. Good soldiers, yes, but not "yes men". This is why Spencer Dinwiddie has been able to flourish here.

But when you start seeing white men like Max start to question Kyrie's intelligence, or attack his mental health, I take serious issues with that.

It's a shame because I like Max because of his boxing analyst background so I thought that he was above garbage like this, but as always, i end up disappointed thinking that someone isn't beholden to racist thoughts like this when they actually are.

You see, Max is lucky because if this conversation was being had in private setting, I doubt that Stephen A or Jay would have held back in the manner that they did when calling him out here. Privilege is when you can say racist ****, and your Black coworkers can't get in your ass really over it because they know that Disney will frown upon acts of discord.

gigantes
Starter

Post#379 » by gigantes » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:10 am

Okay, that was it. A video debate. I only saw a post summary earlier, and had guessed it was a Tweet.

However, I don't think for one second that Kyrie is really all that eccentric or too far down the rabbit hole of conspiracies. A brief conversation with the average voter will set that straight. I think the difference is, Kyrie has this stuff on his mind a lot and chooses to bring it up in front of a mic. There's a certain braveness there, and I can respect that. IMO this is often what it looks like with free thinkers, whether or not they happen to be clever, humorous and/or persuasive.

If there's an assumption that he might be making here, it's that the average person is relatively curious and open-minded, and doesn't just want entertainment. Yeah, I wish.

All in all, I think this is just a mob hammering down the nail that sticks up. When it comes to actually getting along with people, Kyrie seems to do just fine. They keep blissfully ignoring that part, of course.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#380 » by DarkXaero » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

So he's getting the surgery it seems, and I'd imagine that's him done for the season.

Return to Brooklyn Nets