ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 717

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#841 » by Claud » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:Kyrie put the team on his back in the 4th and hit big shot after big shot.

Kyrie is now averaging 29/6/5 on 65 TS% with a 52/44/95 shooting line.

That is ABSURD. a 6'2 player at 65 TS% on that high a volume is nothing short of spectacular. and his is grinding it out on D while hitting clutch shots.

He's been ridiculous as a Net, even last year he was INSANE.

I hope he can continue to heal himself because he's a PHENOMENAL NBA player and champion.

We need Ky to win it all, period.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 13,726

Post#842 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:25 pm

Claud wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Kyrie put the team on his back in the 4th and hit big shot after big shot.

That is ABSURD. a 6'2 player at 65 TS% on that high a volume is nothing short of spectacular. and his is grinding it out on D while hitting clutch shots.

I hope he can continue to heal himself because he's a PHENOMENAL NBA player and champion.

Yeah. KD is great. KD is a better player. but right now, Kyrie is carrying us. Even in the loss to cleveland, kyrie made the winning plays (down 3 stole it from ossman and hit a 3... then had a offensive rebound/putback to tie it in regulation, then first OT put us ahead 5).

He is playing like prime kobe right now. with no fear of the big moment. And despite all the talk of him being selfish, he relinquished the point guard role to harden with no issue
akhan786
Sixth Man
And1: 1,902

Post#843 » by akhan786 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:23 am

Prokorov wrote:
Claud wrote:

Yeah. KD is great. KD is a better player. but right now, Kyrie is carrying us. Even in the loss to cleveland, kyrie made the winning plays (down 3 stole it from ossman and hit a 3... then had a offensive rebound/putback to tie it in regulation, then first OT put us ahead 5).

He is playing like prime kobe right now. with no fear of the big moment. And despite all the talk of him being selfish, he relinquished the point guard role to harden with no issue

It might turn out that Kyrie and Harden are a perfect fit for a backcourt.

Each of our big 3 could potentially maximize each other’s spacing so much so that we could see something close to basketball nirvana if everything clicks.

KD overwhelms the opponent the first 3 quarters. Harden runs the engine of the high octane offense for 4 quarters.

And then Kyrie is our closer when defenses are tired and have to provide space cause KD+Harden are still on the floor
sashaturiaf
Pro Prospect
And1: 862

Post#844 » by sashaturiaf » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:06 am

Want to make a random appreciation post for Kyrie

Not only does he have the prettiest game in the league he is just so reliable man. Guy can almost always get the shot he wants and he's just an assassin from that Kobe zone 10- 16 foot out. So automatic from there I'm surprised when he misses.

Kyrie is above 50/40/90 for the season. Doing that while shooting the degree of difficulty shots that he does? Just absurd. Just one of the best ballers I've ever seen

Let the sheep hate and the rest of us can appreciate
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#845 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:59 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:Want to make a random appreciation post for Kyrie

Not only does he have the prettiest game in the league he is just so reliable man. Guy can almost always get the shot he wants and he's just an assassin from that Kobe zone 10- 16 foot out. So automatic from there I'm surprised when he misses.

Kyrie is above 50/40/90 for the season. Doing that while shooting the degree of difficulty shots that he does? Just absurd. Just one of the best ballers I've ever seen

Let the sheep hate and the rest of us can appreciate

Not many smalls put up 50/40/90 and the ones who do certainly dont do it on this volume/scoring 30 a game.

its absurd.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#846 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:55 pm

Kyrie is just a master at scoring.

He gets a lot of flack for dribbling too much but it's completely untrue. He does it sometimes - like all great scorers - but for the most part, he's brutally efficient. Yesterday he played off the ball beautifully. Attacking gaps off closeouts. Taking advantage when the defense was out of position.

He made a play yesterday - which he's been pulling off recently - where he fakes a handoff to Harden or KD and just turns on the jets and gets all the way to the rim. That's a play you normally see from centers. Just impossible to guard.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#847 » by Prokorov » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:26 pm

28 points
6 rebounds
5 assists
1 steal
1 block

52/42/94 shooting
63.4 TS%
25.1 PER

He is having a hall of fame type season. This is absolute elite shooting. for a 6'2" player it is almost unfathomable. And he is hitting all the clutch shots for us. What a season
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 4,828

Post#848 » by DarkXaero » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:42 pm

He has been outstanding this season so far. Best tough shot maker in the league by a mile imo. The likes of Steph and Dame can hit contested deep 3s frequently, but Kyrie does everything, and defenses don't know what to do because he never really shows the same move twice in a game. And he does all of this while being incredibly efficient.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 8,460

Post#849 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:30 pm

Kyrie would get so much love from the fans right now if things were normal. And every game would be sold out.

Sucks that we can't give that to him.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,761

Post#850 » by LOUiS-D » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:28 am

I'm sold on Ky. Not only has he been aggressive and efficient on the floor, he's also been a community leader putting his money where his mouth is. Him wanting to come to the Nets is the reason we're a contender. This guy is dropping my jaw multiple times a game with his ability to finish in traffic. I remember being on this board when his draft class was entering the NBA, before we traded our pick as part of a package for DWill. Knowing he was born in Melbourne (where I live) and a dual citizen, hoping we'd land him and that he'd choose to play for Australia in the olympics. Gonna get a Ky classic edition jersey when they restock.
Google 'Karate Basketball' or click HERE to play 1-4 local multiplayer natural shooting motion madness for FREE
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#851 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 3, 2021 4:57 am

Kyrie just ethered the clippers. Chanelled his inner Kobe. dude shows up in big spots. not just in big games or vs. great but all year has taken and made big shots. late in games but also middle of games when we were down or sliding.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 12,012

Post#852 » by Rich Rane » Wed Feb 3, 2021 6:34 am

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#853 » by Prokorov » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:06 pm

Kyrie is the heart and sole of this team. I know he left for some personal stuff for a few games, and that ruffled some feathers but outside of that Kyrie has stepped up and led this team every time we needed it. Last night was another good example. Comes out, set the tone effort wise, defensively, and didnt settle for jumpers got to the rim and got others invovled.

Also, after last nights game he called out the refs. tonight he got 15 FTs and as a team i think we had 30+. Thats one of those phil jackson things. put it out there in print/sound bites instead of complaining on the floor and force the refs hands.

But all year after a bad loss, vs a great team like the clippers, or just being money in the 4th/in the clutch Kyrie has been that dude for us
sashaturiaf
Pro Prospect

Post#854 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Mar 3, 2021 1:29 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#855 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 3, 2021 4:22 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Preach!

For a black man with native american roots, its hard to argue with that kind of sentiment.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 16,575

Post#856 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 3, 2021 6:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Preach!

For a black man with native american roots, its hard to argue with that kind of sentiment.

For many, what he's saying flies right over their heads and comes off as more of "Kyrie crazy talk".

As a Black man, I know exactly what he's talking about without even having to dive into the context.
TheNetsFan
Analyst
And1: 937

Post#857 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Not sure how legit this is, but...

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#858 » by Prokorov » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:17 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Not sure how legit this is, but...

Read on Twitter

Ive seen it on the kyrie fan pages on FB too. if so, congrats to the both of them. watching my daughter be born was the best day of my life.
GTR11
Head Coach
And1: 1,612

Post#859 » by GTR11 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:23 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Not sure how legit this is, but...

Read on Twitter

Congratulations to Kyrie and his baby mama, huge day for Irving family.

How did that went unnoticed? I mean I don't give a damn what players do one's they take that jersey off but this media and Twitter boys be on point.
sashaturiaf
Pro Prospect

Post#860 » by sashaturiaf » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:43 am

Happy for Kyrie, take your time and enjoy the moment the Nets can survive a few regular season games without you.

Made the haters look silly again but then by this point I just assume they enjoy having egg smothered over their faces like it's a fetish or something.

Return to Brooklyn Nets