SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#302 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:03 am

Well since no one posted it yet here's another take on KD.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#303 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:37 pm

odds durant comes back in the regular season: 0.0%
odds durant comes back for the playoffs: 0.0000000000000000000000000000001%

It is nice the guy can run and hit a shot vs. air. thats not being in peak NBA shape, taking contant, cutting while exhausted... it also makes no sense to have him come back this year

it is also REALLY irresponsible for a doctor to be commenting on durants condition while have 0 access to him or his records
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,436

Post#304 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:37 pm

GTR11 wrote:Well since no one posted it yet here's another take on KD.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Durant should absolutely NOT come back this season.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#305 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:29 pm

I love seeing these short clips of KD getting work in. I'm not going to be delusional and think he will or should come back this year. It's not about this year. Most important thing is for him to 10000% mentally be ready for when his debut comes. That should be next year when we're ready to roll out the team that's expected to really compete.

It's more important we focus on the other transactions, like offseason trades, resigning Joe Harris, and signing those few other players.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#306 » by GTR11 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Agreed, but NI over there thinks other way around. He also got enough followers that share he's opinion.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#307 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:22 pm

GTR11 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Agreed, but NI over there thinks other way around. He also got enough followers that share he's opinion.

Windrem is not a physician and I have not heard anything from the Nets brass that remotely thinks that this is a good idea.

isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#308 » by isekii » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:00 pm

take your time big fella. No need to rush back.
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#309 » by gigantes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:30 pm

Prokorov wrote:It is nice the guy can run and hit a shot vs. air. thats not being in peak NBA shape, taking contant, cutting while exhausted... it also makes no sense to have him come back this year

it is also REALLY irresponsible for a doctor to be commenting on durants condition while have 0 access to him or his records

If he's a sports medicine doctor, I don't have a problem with him commenting based on his experience and knowledge of what recovery arcs look like. Also, he's only commenting on the rehab, not giving an opinion on whether Durant's NBA-ready.

Personally I'm still happy to leave it up to the docs & sports trainers' judgement. If they say KD shouldn't come back for the season, I understand. If he's cleared, but Durant (and/or Marks) decides not to risk it, I understand. If they agree it makes sense to go ahead and play, I understand.

I also think it makes perfect sense to say firmly from day one "he's not going to play this season," privately leaving yourself the option to say "well whaddya know, looks like he is!" IMO it's just the smart way to deal with media and fan expectations, hurting no one.

Windrem can suck an egg, but I'm open to KD playing if nothing's at risk. After all, it could shed some valuable light on how he fits with the current team, suggesting directions to go on in the offseason.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#310 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:42 am

I always expected KD to play this season and still do. A normal recovery time table was March. As long as Kyrie is healthy, and we're a 7 seed or better, we should see a minutes restricted KD.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#311 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:10 am

TheNetsFan wrote:I always expected KD to play this season and still do. A normal recovery time table was March. As long as Kyrie is healthy, and we're a 7 seed or better, we should see a minutes restricted KD.

I would rather let that Achilles heal as much as possible

TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#312 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:20 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I always expected KD to play this season and still do. A normal recovery time table was March. As long as Kyrie is healthy, and we're a 7 seed or better, we should see a minutes restricted KD.

It should be fully healed and structurally sound by now. Now he needs to regain strength, flexibility, conditioning and game feel. Looking at past major injuries, getting even a little time late in a season goes a long way in getting guys back to pre-injury levels. Paul George may be the best example of that.
gigantes
Starter

Post#313 » by gigantes » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:47 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

What's your reasoning anyway in playing doctor upon this stuff?

Ditto for the fan posts, earlier.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#314 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:53 am

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

It's not worth it to bring him back this season, we aren't going anywhere with this roster so we might as well let him rest

TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#315 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:26 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

It's not worth it to bring him back this season, we aren't going anywhere with this roster so we might as well let him rest

There's minimal flexibility with this roster, and it should be largely similar next year. You need to at least give it a low expectations dry run. I think the dream scenario is getting into the 6/7 spot, and having all of the size in the 1/4/5 (Milwuakee/Toronto/Philly). I'd have some confidence matching up with Boston & Miami if we have a healthy KD & Kyrie.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#316 » by DarkXaero » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

That's not how it works...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#317 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:29 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:What's your reasoning anyway in playing doctor upon this stuff?

There's minimal flexibility with this roster, and it should be largely similar next year. You need to at least give it a low expectations dry run. I think the dream scenario is getting into the 6/7 spot, and having all of the size in the 1/4/5 (Milwuakee/Toronto/Philly). I'd have some confidence matching up with Boston & Miami if we have a healthy KD & Kyrie.

with a healthy KD i have all the confidence vs. the bucks, the west all-stars, or the Monstars

KD is the best player on earth
gigantes
Starter

Post#318 » by gigantes » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:10 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:What's your reasoning anyway in playing doctor upon this stuff?

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. If it's possible to safely see how Durant integrates with the roster, I see no reason not to get that useful data.

If Durant is given the go-ahead by medical professionals, and he feels comfortable doing it, there's no legit reason for further rest and rehabilitation. He will already have completed all that. Yes, he could injure himself again of course, but that's true of any player at any time. No point in psyching yourself out over something like that. No point in needlessly building up rust, either.

I also think that KD (like Irving) has the potential to set an example and help teach younger players about the finer points of the game. That's probably a whole lot easier when you're actually playing. This has been a frustrating season, sure, but there's still some opportunities to test some things out, learn from what's not working, and get a jump on next season. KD coming back early could assist with all that.

Not to mention, there's probably a solid chance that next season presents unexpected problems and frustrations as well. Might as well make the best of whatever we have, when we can.
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#319 » by ProspectPark » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am

gigantes wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. If it's possible to safely see how Durant integrates with the roster, I see no reason not to get that useful data.

If Durant is given the go-ahead by medical professionals, and he feels comfortable doing it, there's no legit reason for further rest and rehabilitation. He will already have completed all that. Yes, he could injure himself again of course, but that's true of any player at any time. No point in psyching yourself out over something like that. No point in needlessly building up rust, either.

I also think that KD (like Irving) has the potential to set an example and help teach younger players about the finer points of the game. That's probably a whole lot easier when you're actually playing. This has been a frustrating season, sure, but there's still some opportunities to test some things out, learn from what's not working, and get a jump on next season. KD coming back early could assist with all that.

Not to mention, there's probably a solid chance that next season presents unexpected problems and frustrations as well. Might as well make the best of whatever we have, when we can.

Does it make sense to you have KD come back and play in a playoff series against the Raptors, Celtics, or Heat?

So you want your star player recovering from an Achilles injury whose been out a whole year to get maybe 10-15 games with his new teammates and then go straight into playing in the playoffs facing the best defensive teams in the league so that you can “collect some data”? :roll:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#320 » by Prokorov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:51 pm

gigantes wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

we invested 120 million in KD. he had to miss most of one year. this is probably the best chance we will have to win a title in the next 10-20 years.. I think you go a billion percent cautious and hold him out to next year even if he is 110% ready before the playoffs.

if he got hurt again, his career could be over or he could become a role player. dobt mess around when you for the first time in franchise history have a top 2 player

Return to Brooklyn Nets