ImageImageImageImageImage

Welcome KD! - The Official Kevin Durant Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 33,820
And1: 11,546
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#361 » by Rich Rane » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:32 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,243
And1: 12,856
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#362 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter


I love seeing guys take action. :nod:

I've been using moneythat I've been saving from not gambling like that degenerate vc4p to help different gofundmes for Black youth, Black LGBT causes (the amount of violence Black transgender women encounter is horrible), people who have gotten injured by the cops and bail funds for protesters. It's not really much but I can't think of many other ways to help right now.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
7footMONSTER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 879
And1: 674
Joined: Jul 17, 2019
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#363 » by 7footMONSTER » Sun Aug 9, 2020 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Claud
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,681
And1: 590
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Austin, TX
   

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#364 » by Claud » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

I bet he'll try to dump Prince + 19th pick + filler.
7footMONSTER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 879
And1: 674
Joined: Jul 17, 2019
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#365 » by 7footMONSTER » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Claud wrote:Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

I bet he'll try to dump Prince + 19th pick + filler.


He played the 3rd most minutes on the team, most of them against the other team’s starters. Our offensive rating was 8 points better with him on the court. Net Rating was 5.2 points better with him.

Can you explain how he was trash?

https://go.nba.com/b2g2f
User avatar
Claud
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,681
And1: 590
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Austin, TX
   

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#366 » by Claud » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:51 pm

9.1 PER playing 29mpg
Shooting under 40% from the field.
shooting 33% from 3 when it's suppoused to be his specialty.
Zero resistance in defense as a PF
Low BBIQ.
I hope he can re-invent himself but his first season was ROUGH to say the least.
7footMONSTER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 879
And1: 674
Joined: Jul 17, 2019
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#367 » by 7footMONSTER » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:13 am

Claud wrote:9.1 PER playing 29mpg
Shooting under 40% from the field.
shooting 33% from 3 when it's suppoused to be his specialty.
Zero resistance in defense as a PF
Low BBIQ.
I hope he can re-invent himself but his first season was ROUGH to say the least.


Per? :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Hello Brooklyn
General Manager
Posts: 7,687
And1: 5,598
Joined: Dec 24, 2012
   

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#368 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:47 am

Claud wrote:Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

I bet he'll try to dump Prince + 19th pick + filler.


IDK man. I'm not ready to give up on Prince yet.

Lets give it another season and see how he plays with KD/Kyrie.
HEAT33 wrote:Nets not even the best team in NY without Durant
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,243
And1: 12,856
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#369 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:32 pm

Claud wrote:9.1 PER playing 29mpg
Shooting under 40% from the field.
shooting 33% from 3 when it's suppoused to be his specialty.
Zero resistance in defense as a PF
Low BBIQ.
I hope he can re-invent himself but his first season was ROUGH to say the least.


I don't think Prince was bad defensively individually. As a team defender, he is absolutely braindead.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,243
And1: 12,856
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#370 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:33 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Claud wrote:Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

I bet he'll try to dump Prince + 19th pick + filler.


IDK man. I'm not ready to give up on Prince yet.

Lets give it another season and see how he plays with KD/Kyrie.


Also, TLC is a 2/3, not a PF. Prince can play either 3 or 4.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,774
And1: 2,408
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#371 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:09 pm

He was terrible. They need to move him and some assets for a guy like Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris, etc. I'd even think about Kevin Love or Blake Griffin if they can get him for something like Prince and Dinwiddie with no 1st's attached.
Image
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,243
And1: 12,856
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#372 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:41 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:He was terrible. They need to move him and some assets for a guy like Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris, etc. I'd even think about Kevin Love or Blake Griffin if they can get him for something like Prince and Dinwiddie with no 1st's attached.


Barnes yes because he fits what we would need on the wing, Grant I believe is a free agent. Harris is an absolute hard pass, you'd be shelling out max dollars for a spot up shooter.

I'm not trading Caris LeVert or Jarrett Allen unless we are getting an all star level talent in return. We have to see what LeVert can do with Irving and KD, and Allen imo is untouchable in any deal not for a significant talent. With the way LeVert is looking, I doubt Irving or Durant want him going anywhere because they can see that he is a legit scoring talent and he's about to hit his prime years.

If you want to trade Spencer, Prince and 2020 #19 by all means go for it. Spencer is going to leave after next season and everyone here hates Prince.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
Posts: 48,774
And1: 2,408
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: New Jeruz
Contact:
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#373 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:He was terrible. They need to move him and some assets for a guy like Harrison Barnes, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris, etc. I'd even think about Kevin Love or Blake Griffin if they can get him for something like Prince and Dinwiddie with no 1st's attached.


Barnes yes because he fits what we would need on the wing, Grant I believe is a free agent. Harris is an absolute hard pass, you'd be shelling out max dollars for a spot up shooter.

I'm not trading Caris LeVert or Jarrett Allen unless we are getting an all star level talent in return. We have to see what LeVert can do with Irving and KD, and Allen imo is untouchable in any deal not for a significant talent. With the way LeVert is looking, I doubt Irving or Durant want him going anywhere because they can see that he is a legit scoring talent and he's about to hit his prime years.

If you want to trade Spencer, Prince and 2020 #19 by all means go for it. Spencer is going to leave after next season and everyone here hates Prince.

For sure, no way was I advocating giving up either of LeVert or Allen for Harris or anyone of that ilk!
Image
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
therealbig3
RealGM
Posts: 24,634
And1: 10,791
Joined: Jul 31, 2010

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#374 » by therealbig3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:44 am

7footMONSTER wrote:
Claud wrote:9.1 PER playing 29mpg
Shooting under 40% from the field.
shooting 33% from 3 when it's suppoused to be his specialty.
Zero resistance in defense as a PF
Low BBIQ.
I hope he can re-invent himself but his first season was ROUGH to say the least.


Per? :lol: :lol: :lol:


PER as a quick snap shot of a player's production isn't that bad. Especially when used with other stats.

Prince started the year hot, but then quickly crapped out. Couldn't hit shots, doesn't play good defense, and his shot selection and overall decision-making is atrocious. Guaranteed 2-3 turnovers from him every game from him putting the ball on the floor resulting in a wild shot, a pass out of bounds, or a travel.

I really liked him in the beginning, because I thought him and Harris together were the perfect snipers you could put next to KD and Kyrie, but the more I saw out of him, the more he demonstrated his poor BBIQ. He's not content as just a catch and shoot player, he wants to be someone that creates offense off the dribble, but it's a disaster most of the time he does that. For a guy that's never shot 40% from 3 in his career, he's not exactly an otherworldly 3pt shooter that he's worth all the drawbacks. You can find plenty of comparable shooters without all the headaches, especially nowadays.
7footMONSTER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 879
And1: 674
Joined: Jul 17, 2019
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#375 » by 7footMONSTER » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:46 am

therealbig3 wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:
Claud wrote:9.1 PER playing 29mpg
Shooting under 40% from the field.
shooting 33% from 3 when it's suppoused to be his specialty.
Zero resistance in defense as a PF
Low BBIQ.
I hope he can re-invent himself but his first season was ROUGH to say the least.


Per? :lol: :lol: :lol:


PER as a quick snap shot of a player's production isn't that bad. Especially when used with other stats.

Prince started the year hot, but then quickly crapped out. Couldn't hit shots, doesn't play good defense, and his shot selection and overall decision-making is atrocious. Guaranteed 2-3 turnovers from him every game from him putting the ball on the floor resulting in a wild shot, a pass out of bounds, or a travel.

I really liked him in the beginning, because I thought him and Harris together were the perfect snipers you could put next to KD and Kyrie, but the more I saw out of him, the more he demonstrated his poor BBIQ. He's not content as just a catch and shoot player, he wants to be someone that creates offense off the dribble, but it's a disaster most of the time he does that. For a guy that's never shot 40% from 3 in his career, he's not exactly an otherworldly 3pt shooter that he's worth all the drawbacks. You can find plenty of comparable shooters without all the headaches, especially nowadays.


He’s only been in the league for 4 years, and 2 of them he shot 39% from 3.

If your last sentence is true, this should be an easy exercise. Here is a list of every player in the league sorted by the value of their contract:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/players.html

Let’s agree Prince’s replacement must check the following two boxes:

1. Ability to knock down shots
2. Has the size, strength, and length, to guard the other team’s best wing player

So who on this list do you think we should target? What team is just dying to give away an elite 3nD wing?

I would love to hear some names because all season long I’ve heard that we should just give up on Prince because elite 3nD wings are so easy to acquire.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,243
And1: 12,856
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#376 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:19 pm

7footMONSTER wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:
7footMONSTER wrote:
Per? :lol: :lol: :lol:


PER as a quick snap shot of a player's production isn't that bad. Especially when used with other stats.

Prince started the year hot, but then quickly crapped out. Couldn't hit shots, doesn't play good defense, and his shot selection and overall decision-making is atrocious. Guaranteed 2-3 turnovers from him every game from him putting the ball on the floor resulting in a wild shot, a pass out of bounds, or a travel.

I really liked him in the beginning, because I thought him and Harris together were the perfect snipers you could put next to KD and Kyrie, but the more I saw out of him, the more he demonstrated his poor BBIQ. He's not content as just a catch and shoot player, he wants to be someone that creates offense off the dribble, but it's a disaster most of the time he does that. For a guy that's never shot 40% from 3 in his career, he's not exactly an otherworldly 3pt shooter that he's worth all the drawbacks. You can find plenty of comparable shooters without all the headaches, especially nowadays.


He’s only been in the league for 4 years, and 2 of them he shot 39% from 3.

If your last sentence is true, this should be an easy exercise. Here is a list of every player in the league sorted by the value of their contract:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/players.html

Let’s agree Prince’s replacement must check the following two boxes:

1. Ability to knock down shots
2. Has the size, strength, and length, to guard the other team’s best wing player

So who on this list do you think we should target? What team is just dying to give away an elite 3nD wing?

I would love to hear some names because all season long I’ve heard that we should just give up on Prince because elite 3nD wings are so easy to acquire.


Prince's role will be simplified next season. He will be only required to space the floor, rebound, and defend. We actually had to rely on him to do stuff out of his skill range because the team was battered by injuries all season and we had to find offense from anywhere we could.

I expect playing with elite level talent next season will elevate his game, like it does for 99% of roleplayers around the league.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
3pt_chucker
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,221
And1: 702
Joined: Apr 23, 2013
Location: Practicing my 3's
       

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#377 » by 3pt_chucker » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:32 pm

Prince was definitely asked to do too much last season. Kenny and the coaching staff was pushing him to expand his game(like Joe) and it quickly backfired. That said he wasn't totally terrible and had stretches of really good play. His BBIQ is frustratingly lacking tho.

IF the squad is healthy and Prince's role is simplified, he should look significantly better in the back up 3/4 spot tbh.
Yearning for more 3's
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
Posts: 34,960
And1: 8,942
Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Location: NYC
     

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#378 » by Paradise » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:06 pm

KD on the Barstool & A-Rod podcast explains his decision to sign with Brooklyn:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
7footMONSTER
Pro Prospect
Posts: 879
And1: 674
Joined: Jul 17, 2019
     

Re: Welcome KD! - The Official Kevin Durant Thread 

Post#379 » by 7footMONSTER » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:29 pm

User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 35,736
And1: 11,535
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#380 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:06 am

Claud wrote:Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

I bet he'll try to dump Prince + 19th pick + filler.


Prince is better than rod and TLC by a very large margin. those guys are just low investments so their issues get overlooked

Return to Brooklyn Nets