Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Welcome KD!!! 

Post#381 » by Prokorov » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:07 am

Claud wrote:9.1 PER playing 29mpg
Shooting under 40% from the field.
shooting 33% from 3 when it's suppoused to be his specialty.
Zero resistance in defense as a PF
Low BBIQ.
I hope he can re-invent himself but his first season was ROUGH to say the least.

he was asked to be a go to player due to injury. TLC/Rodi were much worse
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#382 » by kamaze » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:21 am

Prokorov wrote:
Claud wrote:Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

I bet he'll try to dump Prince + 19th pick + filler.

Prince is better than rod and TLC by a very large margin. those guys are just low investments so their issues get overlooked

The problem is Prince isn't really a power forward he's too small at 6'7 Rodi is at least a legit 6'9.
TP is better at small forward JV acknowledges this and played him at both positions. I see someone like the Morris Twins as a better option and both of them will be available this summer.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#383 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:52 pm

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Claud wrote:Next season at the 4 we have KD/Rodi/TLC/Prince.

KD and TLC are locks as of now. Rodi has a dirt cheap contract still and has shown better signs in the bubble.

Odd man out will be Prince. I love his personal story but as a player for us he's been trash except 2-3 games all season long.

Looking at the roster, Marks will have to trim the fat and move guys like Prince.

I bet he'll try to dump Prince + 19th pick + filler.

Prince is better than rod and TLC by a very large margin. those guys are just low investments so their issues get overlooked

The problem is Prince isn't really a power forward he's too small at 6'7 Rodi is at least a legit 6'9.
TP is better at small forward JV acknowledges this and played him at both positions. I see someone like the Morris Twins as a better option and both of them will be available this summer.

the nets dont use a PF.
gambakupu
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#384 » by gambakupu » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

the nets dont use a PF.

the nets didn't use a PF. Things can change
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#385 » by kamaze » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

the nets dont use a PF.

Who played next to Jarret Allen all season?
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#386 » by Prokorov » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:13 am

kamaze wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:

the nets dont use a PF.

Who played next to Jarret Allen all season?

2 wings and 2 guards
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Welcome KD! - The Official Kevin Durant Thread 

Post#387 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:05 am

^
This was Kenny's choice, not an everlasting institutional truism.

Besides, you can call it whatever you want, you are who you guard. Prince, Rodi and Chandler guarded 4's primarily.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#388 » by Paradise » Fri Sep 4, 2020 3:18 pm

KD, Kyrie, DJ vs China.

- 1st thing that stands out is the level of PnRs that will be ran between KD and Jordan.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,561

Post#389 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Sep 4, 2020 11:31 pm

Paradise wrote:KD, Kyrie, DJ vs China.

- 1st thing that stands out is the level of PnRs that will be ran between KD and Jordan.

Jordan's explosiveness has considerably diminished within the past 4 years. Good lord, if we had this version of DJ I'd be ecstatic :lol:

Next year is going to be filthy with KD out there.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ProspectPark
Pro Prospect
And1: 700

Post#390 » by ProspectPark » Sat Sep 5, 2020 1:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#391 » by Paradise » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:28 am

KD on JJ Redick’s podcast.

Read on Twitter

Speaks on when he decided to join the Nets:

Read on Twitter
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#392 » by Claud » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:50 pm

The last 24 hours :

KD has backed Caris as our 3rd star.
Has expressed once again his admiration for Nash. True students of the game both Nash and KD.
KD has said he will be ready for opening night next season.

WOW :bowdown:
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#393 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:10 pm

Claud wrote:The last 24 hours :

Has expressed once again his admiration for Nash. True students of the game both Nash and KD.

He also questioned the need for 3 stars, accurately stating that nobody has 3 stars. The best teams have 2, and a bunch of high end role players.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#394 » by Prokorov » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:57 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:

He also questioned the need for 3 stars, accurately stating that nobody has 3 stars. The best teams have 2, and a bunch of high end role players.

Also praised Jrue, called him the leagues best guard defender. is Jrue a "Star" i think he'd sign off on a move to bring him in.. woudlnt need to mean levert goes either
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#395 » by DarkXaero » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:05 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:

I think that was more an (accurate) comment on the current state of the league where its not big 3s anymore, but two stars + supporting cast. It doesn't mean that a big 3 won't work or that he thinks that a big 3 can't work. He was just part of a big 3 or big 4 not long ago, and it worked beautifully.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#396 » by Claud » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Also praised Jrue, called him the leagues best guard defender. is Jrue a "Star" i think he'd sign off on a move to bring him in.. woudlnt need to mean levert goes either

We should see if we can flip one of Caris or DIn for Jrue. He fits a need we have... Marcus Smart/Pat Bev type player.

Dinwiddie and Caris both play the same role for us. It's great for depth especially if you consider Kyrie and Caris health history but I think Marks might try something like this. We have tons of offense but our defense needs a lot of work.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#397 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:21 pm

IF you want a good laugh take a look at the Knix board thread crying about KD's comments.

Most delusional fanbase in the NBA. They really think "he wasn't built for it." LMAO

I guess the entire NBA wasn't built for it since no Free Agents ever want to go to the trash ass Knicks. Why would anyone want to play for a terrible Front Office and the worst owner in sports?

The Nets were objectively 100x more appealing. If we win multiple championships we will become the premiere team in the NBA just like the Warriors did. Nobody will care about that washed up franchise.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#398 » by DarkXaero » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:IF you want a good laugh take a look at the Knix board thread crying about KD's comments.

Most delusional fanbase in the NBA. They really think "he wasn't built for it." LMAO

I guess the entire NBA wasn't built for it since no Free Agents ever want to go to the trash ass Knicks. Why would anyone want to play for a terrible Front Office and the worst owner in sports?

The Nets were objectively 100x more appealing. If we win multiple championships we will become the premiere team in the NBA just like the Warriors did. Nobody will care about that washed up franchise.
There are very of them who actually acknowledge why KD didn't go to the Knicks. The rest are still split between "KD didn't want the Knicks pressure" or "KD would still be here if he didn't tear his achilles".

Maybe, just maybe, KD picked the intelligent option, and went to the better team with better pieces, way better management, and ownership? Too hard for most of them to comprehend, yet ironically, most of them still hate themselves for being loyal to that franchise for so many years.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#399 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:IF you want a good laugh take a look at the Knix board thread crying about KD's comments.

I'm old enough to remember when Knicks fans ran Melo out of town.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#400 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:45 pm

DarkXaero wrote:

There are very of them who actually acknowledge why KD didn't go to the Knicks. The rest are still split between "KD didn't want the Knicks pressure" or "KD would still be here if he didn't tear his achilles".

Maybe, just maybe, KD picked the intelligent option, and went to the better team with better pieces, way better management, and ownership? Too hard for most of them to comprehend, yet ironically, most of them still hate themselves for being loyal to that franchise for so many years.

I actually just bit the bullet and asked them what makes them feel as if star players should be obligated to sign with a team that has posted 7 losing seasons in a row.

Return to Brooklyn Nets