ImageImageImageImageImage

? about Veteran minimum contracts

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

? about Veteran minimum contracts 

Post#1 » by kamaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:04 am

Today is a great day to be a Nets Fan! Congratulations to everyone and I owe Prokorov and apology since we were the team to get Kyrie haha!! I'm still randomly letting out emotion Image

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The team still needs a power forward so my question is how many years of being an NBA player does a player have to be before he's eligible for the vet minimum?

I was thinking Dudley at first but they might want someone else. The Knicks signed Taj Gibson who would've been perfect. :curse:

That's what we get when fans go to their board to troll, they lose the spotlight and Durant trolls them (he was supposed to be meeting with 4 teams but it was canceled and Golden State offered him the max one of the teams was the Knicks I believe)

Kevin Durant will make his free agent announcement on Sunday evening via his company owned sports business network Instagram account.

Durant is considering the Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets and Los Angeles Clippers.

Marc Stein of the New York Times reports "the Nets sure to believe they are getting Kevin Durant's commitment tonight."

Previous reports indicated that Durant was going to take meetings with the Nets, Knicks, Clippers and the Warriors. That plan has apparently been scrapped. There’s been no indication yet where KD will sign but Marc Stein said the Warriors are prepared to offer him a full five-year deal despite his achilles rupture which could keep him out this season.

Read on Twitter
?

I understand wanting to argue about who's better I used to do it but that got old remember what Biggie said? "stay low and keep firing, keep extra clips for extra shhh who's next flip on that cat with the grip on rap the most shady..." * remix* the Nets in Brooklyn baby *It's fantastic* I hope you know what I'm saying, when they playing and who they playing....needs work :D in other words let their play on the court do the talking. You already know we're the better team so there's really no need to argue with opposing fans.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
kamaze
General Manager

Re: ? about Veteran minimum contracts 

Post#2 » by kamaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:19 am

I'll google it....

LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#3 » by LOUiS-D » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:58 am

There's no minimum experience for a player to qualify for the minimum contract. It scales by years of service.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#4 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:55 am

durant will probably be PF when he is back. before then kurucs or prince would be my guess. where is trevor booker these days?
kamaze
General Manager

Post#5 » by kamaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:12 am

LOUiS-D wrote:There's no minimum experience for a player to qualify for the minimum contract. It scales by years of service.

Thanks for the reply. So if I got this right they can get a 4th year player and pay him the vet minimum...

kamaze
General Manager

Post#6 » by kamaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:18 am

Prokorov wrote:durant will probably be PF when he is back. before then kurucs or prince would be my guess. where is trevor booker these days?

I don't know about KD starting at power forward. I know he played power forward a lot in the west but it's more physical in the eastern conference his thin frame can't handle the punishment. They need to get a power forward to maximize his potential/ keep him healthy.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,821

Post#7 » by Rich Rane » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:18 am

kamaze wrote:Thanks for the reply. So if I got this right they can get a 4th year player and pay him the vet minimum...

Yes, provided that the player would accept playing for the minimum. Teams can also sign as many players they wish to for the minimum regardless if it takes said team over the cap as well.

Return to Brooklyn Nets