ImageImageImageImageImage

Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread

Moderators: jerseyjac, Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

User avatar
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,535
And1: 937
Joined: Feb 18, 2012
Location: CT
   

Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#1 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:50 pm

Now that most of the dust settled, we can finally start theorizing about lineups, position fits, minutes distributions, coaching, etc. And can I say what a relief that we know all this stuff about our team not even 24 hours after free agency began.

So we know Durant is out for the year most likely. Assuming if he's healthy and our sports medicine team thinks he's ready this year, maybe he plays. But let's just assume he doesn't.

I think one of the biggest questions is if Jarrett Allen still starts. Yes, WE all know Allen and how good he is and can be. But someone in another thread posted that Jordan has started something like every game over the last 8 years? Incredible... will that change now?

I would expect Allen to still start and get at least 60% of the minutes at center, with Jordan getting the other 40%. Claxton will be wrecking with Long Island for this year I'm guessing.

I'll also leave any further speculation for veteran signings (Dudley, pretty pretty please Vince Carter) to the FA thread.

Is this what we're looking at for opening night?

Irving / Dinwiddie / Pinson
Harris / Musa
Levert / Temple
Kurucs / Prince
Allen / Jordan

[Hands and Claxton to G League?]

Questions I still have:

- Does Pinson stay more with the team than the G League?
- Does Rodi start over Prince? Is Prince a 4 this year?
- Are we sure Allen starts over Jordan?
- Does Musa finally get a crack at the rotation?
- Will Temple play more wing? (going by our ball handler/wing/big positions)


Let's get it started!
nycefnl wrote: Summer league is proving how little they have in Jarrett Allen too....he's a wasted pick.

July 2018
User avatar
3pt_chucker
Analyst
Posts: 3,171
And1: 449
Joined: Apr 23, 2013
Location: Practicing my 3's
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#2 » by 3pt_chucker » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:31 pm

Health is obviously the biggest thing. If we can stay relatively healthy, I think we are a better team even without KD.

I'll wait till everything comes together before thinking about win projections.

As for your questions
Pinson will be with us full time. Expect Kyrie to get lots of rest/games off. Pinson will get mins. Allan Williams might also get spot mins.

I think it depends on how preseason/training camp works. For now I think Rodi starts but Prince can definitely challenge him.

No idea if Allen starts. I think he does, but I see DJ starting 1 more season out of respect. (Allen is the type to not care if he doesn't start) I think we have to wait till the press conference to figure out what the plan is.

Musa will get mins. I don't see how he won't. He'll be backing up the LeVert role for sure.

Temple will be a wing I think.

Claxson and Hands are gonna be Pinson and Big Sauce from last season.
Yearning for more 3's
Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,982
And1: 1,582
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#3 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:44 pm

I think Prince will start over Kurucs

Jordan will start over Allen for now, doesn't really matter who start or not honestly.

Musa will be up here and Temple will be a wing.

We need to give guys rest. Kyrie should play 65-70 games tops, Levert should play 70 games tops, so Musa and Temple will have time to play.

We need to sign a power forward and I think we should grab a center too just in case.

Pray no major injuries happen.

KA does a great job of spreading minutes around so everybody will get a chance to play.
NetsJets
Junior
Posts: 295
And1: 39
Joined: Oct 27, 2015
   

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#4 » by NetsJets » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:33 pm

Allen starts, Jordan is the backup. If he had no problem with backing up Mitchell Robinson on the Knicks then he shouldn’t have no issues backing up Allen.

Kurucs is the starting PF, Prince will get some spot starts here and there at either the 3 or 4.

Harris starts at the 3.

LeVert will start at the 2.

Kyrie at PG of course.

Dinwiddie is the first off the bench. Musa and Temple will compete and the winner gets the primary backup 2 guard spot while the other sits and rack up DNP-CD’s. Prince is the backup 3/4. Pinson and the rookies Claxton and Hands fills out the roster.
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 32,797
And1: 10,102
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#5 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:33 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Now that most of the dust settled, we can finally start theorizing about lineups, position fits, minutes distributions, coaching, etc. And can I say what a relief that we know all this stuff about our team not even 24 hours after free agency began.

So we know Durant is out for the year most likely. Assuming if he's healthy and our sports medicine team thinks he's ready this year, maybe he plays. But let's just assume he doesn't.

I think one of the biggest questions is if Jarrett Allen still starts. Yes, WE all know Allen and how good he is and can be. But someone in another thread posted that Jordan has started something like every game over the last 8 years? Incredible... will that change now?

I would expect Allen to still start and get at least 60% of the minutes at center, with Jordan getting the other 40%. Claxton will be wrecking with Long Island for this year I'm guessing.

I'll also leave any further speculation for veteran signings (Dudley, pretty pretty please Vince Carter) to the FA thread.

Is this what we're looking at for opening night?

Irving / Dinwiddie / Pinson
Harris / Musa
Levert / Temple
Kurucs / Prince
Allen / Jordan

[Hands and Claxton to G League?]

Questions I still have:

- Does Pinson stay more with the team than the G League?
- Does Rodi start over Prince? Is Prince a 4 this year?
- Are we sure Allen starts over Jordan?
- Does Musa finally get a crack at the rotation?
- Will Temple play more wing? (going by our ball handler/wing/big positions)


Let's get it started!


Kyrie + all our depth = 50 win floor.

with healthy, another step from levert/allen/harris, and deandre contributing to our rebounding issues we could be a dark horse to come out of the east or meet milwaukee somewhere

yes we are sure allen starts

prince and kurucs are both wings, we dont have a 4 we have two threes in our lineup

musa wont play until an injury pops up
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 32,797
And1: 10,102
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:34 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I think Prince will start over Kurucs

Jordan will start over Allen for now, doesn't really matter who start or not honestly.

Musa will be up here and Temple will be a wing.

We need to give guys rest. Kyrie should play 65-70 games tops, Levert should play 70 games tops, so Musa and Temple will have time to play.

We need to sign a power forward and I think we should grab a center too just in case.

Pray no major injuries happen.

KA does a great job of spreading minutes around so everybody will get a chance to play.


0.0% chance jordan starts. he isnt the same guy he was 2 years ago. allen is significantly better. Jordan still provides a solid backup who can rebound though
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,426
And1: 10,596
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#7 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:Now that most of the dust settled, we can finally start theorizing about lineups, position fits, minutes distributions, coaching, etc. And can I say what a relief that we know all this stuff about our team not even 24 hours after free agency began.

So we know Durant is out for the year most likely. Assuming if he's healthy and our sports medicine team thinks he's ready this year, maybe he plays. But let's just assume he doesn't.

I think one of the biggest questions is if Jarrett Allen still starts. Yes, WE all know Allen and how good he is and can be. But someone in another thread posted that Jordan has started something like every game over the last 8 years? Incredible... will that change now?

I would expect Allen to still start and get at least 60% of the minutes at center, with Jordan getting the other 40%. Claxton will be wrecking with Long Island for this year I'm guessing.

I'll also leave any further speculation for veteran signings (Dudley, pretty pretty please Vince Carter) to the FA thread.

Is this what we're looking at for opening night?

Irving / Dinwiddie / Pinson
Harris / Musa
Levert / Temple
Kurucs / Prince
Allen / Jordan

[Hands and Claxton to G League?]

Questions I still have:

- Does Pinson stay more with the team than the G League?
- Does Rodi start over Prince? Is Prince a 4 this year?
- Are we sure Allen starts over Jordan?
- Does Musa finally get a crack at the rotation?
- Will Temple play more wing? (going by our ball handler/wing/big positions)


Let's get it started!


Kyrie + all our depth = 50 win floor.

with healthy, another step from levert/allen/harris, and deandre contributing to our rebounding issues we could be a dark horse to come out of the east or meet milwaukee somewhere

yes we are sure allen starts

prince and kurucs are both wings, we dont have a 4 we have two threes in our lineup

musa wont play until an injury pops up


I think we are in the top 3 in the East barring a Leonard departure from Toronto.

Philly poses a massive challenge. Embiid/Horford/Harris/Richardson/Simmons is an elite starting 5.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 32,797
And1: 10,102
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:54 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:Now that most of the dust settled, we can finally start theorizing about lineups, position fits, minutes distributions, coaching, etc. And can I say what a relief that we know all this stuff about our team not even 24 hours after free agency began.

So we know Durant is out for the year most likely. Assuming if he's healthy and our sports medicine team thinks he's ready this year, maybe he plays. But let's just assume he doesn't.

I think one of the biggest questions is if Jarrett Allen still starts. Yes, WE all know Allen and how good he is and can be. But someone in another thread posted that Jordan has started something like every game over the last 8 years? Incredible... will that change now?

I would expect Allen to still start and get at least 60% of the minutes at center, with Jordan getting the other 40%. Claxton will be wrecking with Long Island for this year I'm guessing.

I'll also leave any further speculation for veteran signings (Dudley, pretty pretty please Vince Carter) to the FA thread.

Is this what we're looking at for opening night?

Irving / Dinwiddie / Pinson
Harris / Musa
Levert / Temple
Kurucs / Prince
Allen / Jordan

[Hands and Claxton to G League?]

Questions I still have:

- Does Pinson stay more with the team than the G League?
- Does Rodi start over Prince? Is Prince a 4 this year?
- Are we sure Allen starts over Jordan?
- Does Musa finally get a crack at the rotation?
- Will Temple play more wing? (going by our ball handler/wing/big positions)


Let's get it started!


Kyrie + all our depth = 50 win floor.

with healthy, another step from levert/allen/harris, and deandre contributing to our rebounding issues we could be a dark horse to come out of the east or meet milwaukee somewhere

yes we are sure allen starts

prince and kurucs are both wings, we dont have a 4 we have two threes in our lineup

musa wont play until an injury pops up


I think we are in the top 3 in the East barring a Leonard departure from Toronto.

Philly poses a massive challenge. Embiid/Horford/Harris/Richardson/Simmons is an elite starting 5.


Philly is a COMPLETELY different team. im not sure for better or for worse. but Butler/Reddick are COMPLETELY different players then Richardson/Horford.

their D got better. they have more insurance vs an embiid injury now.

their shooting takes a big hit. harris now has to play the 3. they are slower with harris/horford 3/4 combo. Reddick was enormous for their offense. he is the type of player who changes how a teama can defend you. he isnt just a shooter. Butler was the guy who coudl get them a bucket when they needed it who also stretched the floor. horford completely different dynamic.

I think we match up a ton better against them now. Butler DESTROYED us.... the only games we won/competed in where when reddick was in foul trouble or his shot was off.

We can defend embiid alot easier with the elite spacing of reddick plus tobias at the 4 plus jordan.

Dinwiddie/Levert KILLED philly with penetration... imagine what kyrie will do to them.

well we dont need to image:



Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 29,426
And1: 10,596
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#9 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Kyrie + all our depth = 50 win floor.

with healthy, another step from levert/allen/harris, and deandre contributing to our rebounding issues we could be a dark horse to come out of the east or meet milwaukee somewhere

yes we are sure allen starts

prince and kurucs are both wings, we dont have a 4 we have two threes in our lineup

musa wont play until an injury pops up


I think we are in the top 3 in the East barring a Leonard departure from Toronto.

Philly poses a massive challenge. Embiid/Horford/Harris/Richardson/Simmons is an elite starting 5.


Philly is a COMPLETELY different team. im not sure for better or for worse. but Butler/Reddick are COMPLETELY different players then Richardson/Horford.

their D got better. they have more insurance vs an embiid injury now.

their shooting takes a big hit. harris now has to play the 3. they are slower with harris/horford 3/4 combo. Reddick was enormous for their offense. he is the type of player who changes how a teama can defend you. he isnt just a shooter. Butler was the guy who coudl get them a bucket when they needed it who also stretched the floor. horford completely different dynamic.

I think we match up a ton better against them now. Butler DESTROYED us.... the only games we won/competed in where when reddick was in foul trouble or his shot was off.

We can defend embiid alot easier with the elite spacing of reddick plus tobias at the 4 plus jordan.

Dinwiddie/Levert KILLED philly with penetration... imagine what kyrie will do to them.

well we dont need to image:





if he stays healthy he's going to be a god in this offense.

I still can't believe this is REAL.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,267
And1: 338
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
 

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#10 » by jbeachboy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:24 pm

we are probably around a 40 win team with all the new pieces and durant being out for the year, we will be clawing around that 6th to 8th seed again in my opinion. i want deandre jordan to start so he gains chemistry with irving.
User avatar
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,535
And1: 937
Joined: Feb 18, 2012
Location: CT
   

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#11 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:16 pm

jbeachboy wrote:we are probably around a 40 win team with all the new pieces and durant being out for the year, we will be clawing around that 6th to 8th seed again in my opinion. i want deandre jordan to start so he gains chemistry with irving.

I think you're well under estimating these guys. They hit 42 wins with Russell leading them about half of the season, and levert out most of it.

Healthy Levert, replace Russell with Kyrie. I think the absolute floor is low to high 40s. Ceiling low to mid 50s.
nycefnl wrote: Summer league is proving how little they have in Jarrett Allen too....he's a wasted pick.

July 2018
Papi_swav
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,982
And1: 1,582
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#12 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:43 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Kyrie + all our depth = 50 win floor.

with healthy, another step from levert/allen/harris, and deandre contributing to our rebounding issues we could be a dark horse to come out of the east or meet milwaukee somewhere

yes we are sure allen starts

prince and kurucs are both wings, we dont have a 4 we have two threes in our lineup

musa wont play until an injury pops up


I think we are in the top 3 in the East barring a Leonard departure from Toronto.

Philly poses a massive challenge. Embiid/Horford/Harris/Richardson/Simmons is an elite starting 5.


Philly is a COMPLETELY different team. im not sure for better or for worse. but Butler/Reddick are COMPLETELY different players then Richardson/Horford.

their D got better. they have more insurance vs an embiid injury now.

their shooting takes a big hit. harris now has to play the 3. they are slower with harris/horford 3/4 combo. Reddick was enormous for their offense. he is the type of player who changes how a teama can defend you. he isnt just a shooter. Butler was the guy who coudl get them a bucket when they needed it who also stretched the floor. horford completely different dynamic.

I think we match up a ton better against them now. Butler DESTROYED us.... the only games we won/competed in where when reddick was in foul trouble or his shot was off.

We can defend embiid alot easier with the elite spacing of reddick plus tobias at the 4 plus jordan.

Dinwiddie/Levert KILLED philly with penetration... imagine what kyrie will do to them.

well we dont need to image:




Good points, Din/Levert was getting buckets in that series, the only problem was that Russell isn't fast or quick enough to blow by his guys to penetrate, which is why he didn't have a great series. Irving can blow by anybody and Simmons or Richardson will not be able to keep up with our backcourt. This is why I thought keeping Butler was a must for them because he was able to defend us decently, RIchardson is good but he can't handle all 3 of our guys.

Tobias and Horford are very slow forward tandem and might mess them up. Horford is a center now and isn't as quick as he was in his younger years, so keeping up with an athletic 4 might be tough for him.

With Simmons running point and him being more of a fast break transition kind of guy, it will be tough for a frontcourt of Embiid and Horford to keep up. And Simmons is almost pedestrian in the halfcourt. I think it will take them several months for them to click, chemistry will be a big issue and I can see them losing a ton of games at the beginning of the season before piecing it together for a mid-late season run.

Butler was a 1on1 guy that can get you buckets if needed, Tobias is not really a 1on1 type of player, he's better when feeding off other guys.

They are def a top4 team but chemistry will be an issue out the gate. Next year will be sooooooo much fun. Hope Kawhi goes to the Clippers. Bucks, Philly, Nets are my top 3 out the East.
User avatar
Lamak
Analyst
Posts: 3,495
And1: 517
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
   

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#13 » by Lamak » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:38 pm

I expect a lower seeded playoff team with Kyrie and Levert carrying a lot of the weight. I see a contender with Durant next season.
Brooklyn Nets
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,267
And1: 338
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
 

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#14 » by jbeachboy » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:49 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:we are probably around a 40 win team with all the new pieces and durant being out for the year, we will be clawing around that 6th to 8th seed again in my opinion. i want deandre jordan to start so he gains chemistry with irving.

I think you're well under estimating these guys. They hit 42 wins with Russell leading them about half of the season, and levert out most of it.

Healthy Levert, replace Russell with Kyrie. I think the absolute floor is low to high 40s. Ceiling low to mid 50s.




i dont like our bigs situation that much and our youth. hands is our third string pg for now, kurucs is starting pf and he is very young, musa might have to play in rotation and he is project. jarrett allen and claxton are still skinny and developing. deandre jordan isnt the same player anymore. we have alot of new players so i dont expect 50 wins until durant arrives.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 13,520
And1: 186
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#15 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:23 pm

51-31.

I've mentioned it in other places, I think that Kenny will have and effect on Kyrie, similar to that of D'Antoni on Nash and Harden. Once Durant is healthy, they will need to tweak the system, but for now, Irving will have the green light and will be an absolute nightmare for opposing teams. My prediction for his numbers will be 33/6/8/2/1 in 37mpg, on 48/41/86 splits. This will be his one true shot at an MVP title, and I would not rule him out of the equation.

We're going to be one of the better teams in the East. I'm not terribly concerned with Detroit, Orlando or Chicago; talented rosters, but clunky fits in the frontcourt will be scheme-able.

Miami could be good IF they nab Butler, but I doubt he lifts them into contention, especially when they have to send their 2 best players (Richardson & Olynyk) to get him.

Boston will be a handful on the perimeter, but ultimately, unless they get 2 more rotation-caliber bigmen, they're meh. They already used their room exception on Kanter, so they need to retain Marcus AND steal someone JaVale McGee or Nerlens Noel for the vet's min.

Indiana will be interesting. Brogdon will have larger role, but I'm not sold on his fit next to Victor. It could be great, I'll reserve judgment. For talent at least, he's a big upgrade over Collison. The bigger problem is replacing Bogdanovic and Young with... Warren. Ouch. Giving Sabonis a starting spot as well is going to make them a turnstile defensively, although they'll have enough firepower that it may not matter.

Toronto will lose Kawhi, and not just because I want it to happen. It just seems to be heading in that direction, he'll commit to either LAL or LAC. They can still be a 50-win team without Leonard, but my guess is that they strip down and sell their expiring vets while they still have championship market value. By December, they could be a hodgepodge of reclamation long-term salary and future 1sts.

Milwaukee took a step back. Brook "No Quarter" Lopez is not the same when he's not in a contract year, and as I mentioned earlier, losing Brogdon is gonna sting. Mirotic looked terrible in their EC Finals series, but before that, he was a really effective contributor in his short time there. They'll be as stingy defensively as ever, but I'm not quaking in my boots.

Philadelphia is the real variable. IF they complete the Butler S&T to Miami and get back Josh Richardson, which also allows them to honor the contract that they offered to Horford, then they are a wrecking ball. Some may say their super-sized starting lineup is outmoded, but they can all switch screens defensively, and they can pound small-ball teams to death on offense with their size and passing. This is the only team that I see right now giving a James-Leonard-Davis lineup a real fight. Of course, this team is hypothetical, until Riley gets DAL to agree or finds another 3rd team. If PHI has to settle for an S&T with HOU for, like, Gordon/Tucker/1st, then they aren't a contender. I don't even know if they could offer Horford the same deal. Or worse, if Butler signs with whichever Los Angeles team loses out on Kawhi, they could be stuck without a true sniper SG to balance out their lineup.

I say we may it to the Conference Finals. By that time, who knows, maybe our Anointed One will be fully healthy and swing a series in our favor. Of course, our doctors won't rush him back. But depending on how things fall, this could be an even better season than the offseason.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Shark
Analyst
Posts: 3,307
And1: 207
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#16 » by Shark » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:28 pm

I like being conservative so I'll say 45 wins. I expect a bit of an adjustment period so I don't think we'll see a huge jump in wins. But hopefully they blow my prediction out of the water like they did last season :)
Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,344
And1: 233
Joined: May 19, 2008

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#17 » by Jersey Generals » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:28 pm

50-32, losing to Philly in the Eastern semis, 4-2.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 13,520
And1: 186
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#18 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:01 pm

Just for fun, I'll predict the rest of the rotation:

IRVING - 33/6/8/2/1 in 37mpg, on 48/41/86
HARRIS - 11/4/2/1/0 in 31mpg, on 53/51/83
LEVERT - 17/5/5/2/1 in 29mpg, on 43/37/72
PRINCE - 12/7/2/1/1 in 27mpg, on 45/40/75
JORDAN - 9/11/2/1/2 in 23mpg, on 62/0/74

Dinwiddie - 14/3/6/1/0 in 25mpg on 44/35/82
Temple - 6/3/3/1/0 in 19mpg on 41/32/71
Musa - 5/1/1/0/0 in 11mpg 42/34/76
Kurucs - 8/5/2/1/1 in 17mpg on 46/38/80
Allen - 7/6/1/1/2 in 21mpg, on 58/21/73

Before someone asks, YES, I realize that I'm projecting over 120ppg. Not everyone will play every game so averages skew upward, and load management will be key to keeping us fresh. The only person I see not getting rotated very often is Irving, IF he's in the hunt for an MVP trophy as I believe he will be. I know that's a scary thought, because KI has struggled with durability. Overall, things are looking mighty rosy over here.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
User avatar
Prokorov
RealGM
Posts: 32,797
And1: 10,102
Joined: Dec 06, 2013
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:23 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Just for fun, I'll predict the rest of the rotation:

IRVING - 33/6/8/2/1 in 37mpg, on 48/41/86
HARRIS - 11/4/2/1/0 in 31mpg, on 53/51/83
LEVERT - 17/5/5/2/1 in 29mpg, on 43/37/72
PRINCE - 12/7/2/1/1 in 27mpg, on 45/40/75
JORDAN - 9/11/2/1/2 in 23mpg, on 62/0/74

Dinwiddie - 14/3/6/1/0 in 25mpg on 44/35/82
Temple - 6/3/3/1/0 in 19mpg on 41/32/71
Musa - 5/1/1/0/0 in 11mpg 42/34/76
Kurucs - 8/5/2/1/1 in 17mpg on 46/38/80
Allen - 7/6/1/1/2 in 21mpg, on 58/21/73

Before someone asks, YES, I realize that I'm projecting over 120ppg. Not everyone will play every game so averages skew upward, and load management will be key to keeping us fresh. The only person I see not getting rotated very often is Irving, IF he's in the hunt for an MVP trophy as I believe he will be. I know that's a scary thought, because KI has struggled with durability. Overall, things are looking mighty rosy over here.



0.0% chance jordan starts unless allen is hurt
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.


Timestamp: July 21, 2017
ecuhus1981
RealGM
Posts: 13,520
And1: 186
Joined: Jun 19, 2007
       

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#20 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:43 pm

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Just for fun, I'll predict the rest of the rotation:

IRVING - 33/6/8/2/1 in 37mpg, on 48/41/86
HARRIS - 11/4/2/1/0 in 31mpg, on 53/51/83
LEVERT - 17/5/5/2/1 in 29mpg, on 43/37/72
PRINCE - 12/7/2/1/1 in 27mpg, on 45/40/75
JORDAN - 9/11/2/1/2 in 23mpg, on 62/0/74

Dinwiddie - 14/3/6/1/0 in 25mpg on 44/35/82
Temple - 6/3/3/1/0 in 19mpg on 41/32/71
Musa - 5/1/1/0/0 in 11mpg 42/34/76
Kurucs - 8/5/2/1/1 in 17mpg on 46/38/80
Allen - 7/6/1/1/2 in 21mpg, on 58/21/73

Before someone asks, YES, I realize that I'm projecting over 120ppg. Not everyone will play every game so averages skew upward, and load management will be key to keeping us fresh. The only person I see not getting rotated very often is Irving, IF he's in the hunt for an MVP trophy as I believe he will be. I know that's a scary thought, because KI has struggled with durability. Overall, things are looking mighty rosy over here.



0.0% chance jordan starts unless allen is hurt

You're feeling pretty good about your predictions of late, eh? You want me to rattle off some of you best work?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets