ImageImageImageImageImage

Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread

Moderators: jerseyjac, Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Claud
Bench Warmer
And1: 455

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#161 » by Claud » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm

Expectations? For me is make the playoffs one way or another and hopefully advance past the 1st round. If we could accomplish that I'd take that as a positive season. Then when KD is back destroy the league and go for the chip.

I think it would certainly be disappointing if we miss the playoffs considering last season we were in the playoffs with Dlo as our best player(Kyrie now) plus an upgraded roster.(Even without KD)

Would be great to see one of our young guys take a significant step up as a player next season and move us in the eastern conference final level squad even without KD.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 10,106

Post#162 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 pm

anything under 48 wins and ECF id view as a disappointment if we are healthy

with big injuries anything under 42 wins and second round would be a disappointment
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.

Timestamp: July 21, 2017
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 88

Post#163 » by Aussienet3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:54 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Kemba IS better then Russell.... but they arent going from Russell to Kemba. they are going from Irving to Kemba. Iving is better then kemba flat out across the board.

Also, its not like that is the only loss boston had... they lost Horford, Rozier, Morris, Baynes, and Theis. they have one of the worst front courts in the east with absolutely no bench.

Raptors without Kawhi last year had a really solid record. thats not the same as doing it over 81 games but they are deep, great up front, solid defensively, and have shooters everywhere. they also are a complete cohesive team, boston is filled with toxic players and huge issues internally

Raps will see a -10 or so in their record. boston may see -20

Couldn't disagree more... But its no use debating/discussing it with you because your never wrong in your mind. Only when your actually proven wrong do you ever stand down. So i'll just remember this convo and remind you of it as we head towards playoffs next year.

what am i wrong about? did they not lose rozier, morris, bayems, theis and horford? did the raps not win 60 games before kawhi? did boston not replace one o the easts best front courts with enes kanter and some nobody from france?

i you want to call me out for "never being wrong" at least point out what im supposedly wrong about.

Boston lost more then any team in the east. by a large margin

Come on man. Raptors won 60 games with DeRozan. They have neither Kawhi or Demar this season. Lowry is over rated nearly as much as Walker. The very fact they signed RHJ has alarm bells ringing. All the 'great' players they have are on expiring deals. So that means they have players playing for contracts which usually equates to selfish players trying to get theirs. They will struggle this year.
Celtics cleared a lot of deadwood this past off season. They have players who want to be there. Tatum is a stud. Kanter is a role player. Walker fills a massive void. Then you still have Brown and to a lesser extent Hayward to deal with. So the C's will have better chemistry which will equate to more wins.

Whilst I don't post here very often, I read the threads on a daily basis. I don't have to call you out on being wrong. But the fact that you spend a lot of your time repeating yourself by trying to shove your opinions down peoples throats. Means that your never wrong in your mind.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#164 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:Come on man. Raptors won 60 games with DeRozan. They have neither Kawhi or Demar this season. Lowry is over rated nearly as much as Walker. The very fact they signed RHJ has alarm bells ringing. All the 'great' players they have are on expiring deals. So that means they have players playing for contracts which usually equates to selfish players trying to get theirs. They will struggle this year.
Celtics cleared a lot of deadwood this past off season. They have players who want to be there. Tatum is a stud. Kanter is a role player. Walker fills a massive void. Then you still have Brown and to a lesser extent Hayward to deal with. So the C's will have better chemistry which will equate to more wins.

Whilst I don't post here very often, I read the threads on a daily basis. I don't have to call you out on being wrong. But the fact that you spend a lot of your time repeating yourself by trying to shove your opinions down peoples throats. Means that your never wrong in your mind.

The raptors dont have derozon, so they arent a 60 win team... but they arent 30 g ames worse. Lowry is better then Kemba, flat out. maybe Kemba is a better scorer but lowry is the better shooter, playmaker, and is an All-NBA defender. Siakim is also better then any young player on boston. Tatum may one day be a stud but he is far from that and declined from year 1 to year 2. as of right now, siakim is better then tatum.

Boston cleared "deadwood"?

Kyrie an all-nba player is deadwood?
Horford a perrenial all-star and all-nba calibur defender is "deadwood"?

Baynes and Morris, 2 of the better backup/role bigs in the confernce are "deadwood"?

absurd. Boston lost more then any team in the east. they MASSIVELY owngraded in their starting lineup AND lost all their depth.

Toronto has more talent and is deeper.
Kswiss wrote:Go watch a D'Angelo Russell highlight tape and tell me with a straight face the kid looks like a NBA prospect. I just can't see him in the league in three years.

Aussienet3
Junior

Post#165 » by Aussienet3 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:30 pm

Prok, You legit have to be 6'2 or under, there is no way you can have so much love for under sized point guards. According to your logic 6'5 D'Lo is inferior to Kemba and Kyle??? Please....
Siakim better than Tatum?? Where is your much loved 'sample size' on this?

Yes Boston cleared deadwood. It's almost laughable that you would bring Irving and Horford into this conversation. But hey it suits your narrative.... Remind me again how many GM's fell over themselves to sign Rozier, Morris, Theis or Baynes?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#166 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:Prok, You legit have to be 6'2 or under, there is no way you can have so much love for under sized point guards. According to your logic 6'5 D'Lo is inferior to Kemba and Kyle??? Please....

Kyrie and Kemba are better then Russell and it isnt even remotely close. those 2 are All-NBA players. Kyrie is a top 12 player.

Siakim is better then Tatum right now. across the board. again its not close. pts, rebs, shooting, efficiency, blocks, steals, degense, on/off, impact. Tatum is 21 so he could still eventually be better but as of now its siakim and its not debateable.

Yes Boston cleared deadwood. It's almost laughable that you would bring Irving and Horford into this conversation. But hey it suits your narrative.... Remind me again how many GM's fell over themselves to sign Rozier, Morris, Theis or Baynes?

There is so much wrong with this i dont even know where to start:

1) Morris alone signed with 2 teams(spurs, knicks) and was offered a huge deal by a third team(clipers). so id say GMs were interested.

2) Hornets gave Rozier a big contract, Knicks, Magic both had interest

3) Baynes was traded, he is under contract so GMs could not sign him.

4) Celtics actually brought Theis back, so clearly they valued him

As far as "dead wood"

-Morris was a 14/6 player who STARTED 53 games for them and shot 38% from three.
-Baynes averaged 6 points 6 rebounds and 1 block in 17 minutes off the bench and was top 10 in defensive rating among centers
-Rozer shot awful but gave them 10 points and 25 mintues off the bench

So thats 1 starter, their 2 backup bigs and their backup PG. all who played 15+ minutes. They also lost a TON of floor spacing as Horford/Baynes/Morris were all bigs who shot it well from three.

The celtics have ZERO depth and no front court. they are currently looking at starting heyward/Kanter at PF/C. thats the worst front court in the east.

they have no bench. its a bunch of rookies and semi ojele

you need to stop running your mouth. you provide 0 to back up the garbage you spew.

Aussienet3
Junior

Post#167 » by Aussienet3 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:Prok, You legit have to be 6'2 or under, there is no way you can have so much love for under sized point guards. According to your logic 6'5 D'Lo is inferior to Kemba and Kyle??? Please....

Kyrie and Kemba are better then Russell and it isnt even remotely close. those 2 are All-NBA players. Kyrie is a top 12 player.

Siakim is better then Tatum right now. across the board. again its not close. pts, rebs, shooting, efficiency, blocks, steals, degense, on/off, impact. Tatum is 21 so he could still eventually be better but as of now its siakim and its not debateable.

There is so much wrong with this i dont even know where to start:

1) Morris alone signed with 2 teams(spurs, knicks) and was offered a huge deal by a third team(clipers). so id say GMs were interested.

2) Hornets gave Rozier a big contract, Knicks, Magic both had interest

3) Baynes was traded, he is under contract so GMs could not sign him.

4) Celtics actually brought Theis back, so clearly they valued him

As far as "dead wood"

-Morris was a 14/6 player who STARTED 53 games for them and shot 38% from three.
-Baynes averaged 6 points 6 rebounds and 1 block in 17 minutes off the bench and was top 10 in defensive rating among centers
-Rozer shot awful but gave them 10 points and 25 mintues off the bench

So thats 1 starter, their 2 backup bigs and their backup PG. all who played 15+ minutes. They also lost a TON of floor spacing as Horford/Baynes/Morris were all bigs who shot it well from three.

The celtics have ZERO depth and no front court. they are currently looking at starting heyward/Kanter at PF/C. thats the worst front court in the east.

they have no bench. its a bunch of rookies and semi ojele

you need to stop running your mouth. you provide 0 to back up the garbage you spew.

Kemba and KYLE!!

Return to Brooklyn Nets